• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Pull it Together, damnit

JD frowned deeply seeing his phone go off giving a small nod "Looks to be important...but I can't leave you like this." He murmured

Max frowned when she heard him come back and leave. She took a deep breath before she broke down in tears.

Carmen shook her head, "I'm okay if you need to go... I got my water... and the TV." She mumbled tiredly, really starting to not look good though desppite her words trying to reassure him.

Jon was distracted to say the least, letting his body go through the motions of the job at hand while they made a bust, trying to get messages to his other people to give them a heads up but nothing was going through properly and Jon didn't have the information he needed to give them either until he was getting out the back of the van at the location and got sent in as the first person. Only then did he realise his mistake in what he had told them because now they were ready for the bust and they'd had their guns aimed right at the door, Jon immediately getting hit in the leg and the gap in his vest, right at the top of his chest as he dropped to the ground

JD frowned more but gave a small nod "It won't take long." He said quietly before he left. As he got there he was immediately filled in on the bust and put into a vest. As they got out he immediately started to shoot going wide eyed when he saw Jon drop "Shit! We got an officer down!" He yelled

Max got a phone call later that night from the hospital. She went wide eyed when they had informed her Jon had been shot quickly getting up and getting herself together. In his nearly 9 years on the force he had only gotten shot once, but it was merely a graze.

Carmen woke up in the early morning to noises in the room and glanced over to see JD coming in with a bag and looking exhausted while she had been sleeping off another seizure. “Hey… everything go okay?” She asked him tiredly.

His chief was the one who met her at the hospital to give her pre-warning as to the circumstances and he stood when she came in. “He’s in surgery right now but it’s still very touch and go.” He explained gently getting her to take a seat. “Max we’ve found a problem as well… he’s been working with Russo’s organisation on the side… all the proof was there during the bust.” He told her

JD shook his head some "Jon got shot....they said you had seizures. I shouldn't have left." He murmured starting to blame himself for leaving her.

Max looked at him in shock as she took it all in "No...no he wouldn't do that. Jon would never." She said quietly as she sat down trying to keep herself together.

He shook his head and handed her some water. “It’s how he got shot. They knew about the bust cause he told them. Though I’m sure he was banking on them just running instead of sticking around to shoot…. There is no proof that he has committed any major crime…. So he’s not under arrest but he is certainly off the force.” He told her gently and got her some water.

She frowned and reached for his hand “Only a couple. I’m okay though. They weee small.” She mumbled. “Hey come sit with us “ she mumbled making a space for him. “You look like you need some lovin.”

Max whimpered quietly but nodded softly as she took the water. She tried to calm down but all that was running through her mind was their last words to one another. The fact he may die and the last thing she said was Fuck You to him.

JD moved to lay with her holding her close and giving a heavy sigh. Tonight had been rough and he was begining to worry about what this visit would cost them

She frowned and just held his hand over her bump, giving it a squeeze. “We will be alright.” She murmured, resting her head back against him and trying to give him comfort as much as possible. “Is clay still coming up tomorrow,” she asked him quietly “well I guess today looking at the time.” She sighed quietly.

“Family for a Jon Bernthal.” Someone called from the set of doors by the waiting room and the doctor waited until he saw the wife stand up and walk to him “He’s made it through surgery and he’s been taken down to the CCU. Should be awake after an hour or so. Leg wound just lost a lot of blood so he will still feel really woozy but that one should heal just fine. The chest wound, bullet got lodged against his spine. He’s gonna need a lot of physio but it missed any vital organs at least.” He explained as he led her to the room Jon was in.

Max stood up when she heard her husband's name being called. She listened intently before going into the room. With him being off the force she now worried about how they would afford all of this. No job, no insurance, and the debt would come rolling back into their lives.

JD groaned some having completely forgotten "Shit....I forgot about Clay coming. Yeah he should be here. Flight lands around noon I think he said." He muttered before running a hand over his face

She frowned and just gave his hand a squeeze again. “I’ll text him to get a cab to our place. Get some sleep JD… you need it as much as I do.” She mumbled holding him as much as possible

Jon came around a couple hours later, as woozy as the doctors had said he would be and just looking around, feeling really disoriented until he saw maxs face come into view

JD gave a small nod before falling asleep against her shortly afterwards. He woke up hours later groaning softly as he shifted in the uncomfortable bed.

Max held his hand gently letting a few tears fall. She looked up at Jon when she heard him groan quietly "Jon? Baby?" She said quietly

There had been a note stuck to his forehead to tell him that she was fine and they had taken her for a few checks but she figured he needed the sleep more and it wasn’t much later that they brought her back in. “Hey there sleepyhead.” She smiled tiredly

He frowned and tried squeezing her hand a little once she was closer. “What are you doing here?” He asked quietly.

JD watched her some and frowned softly "Are you okay? Why didn't you wake me?" He asked tiredly before taking her hand in his

Max gave a small frown squeezing his hand "You got shot...you had to get surgery." She whimpered

He just frowned more and stayed quiet staring at the wall. “That’ll explain… the pain.” He mumbled, taking in a shaky breath

She moved to be sat in the bed again and smiled tiredly. “Cause we tried to but you were dead to the world and so I left you a note. I’m fine. They just wanted to do a couple blood tests and some scans. Not baby. Me.” She mumbled tiredly

Max let a few more tears fall "They said you've been working with Russo...they don't have hard proof though." She said quietly

JD gave a small nod kissing her gently "Lets hope they can get us some answers." He said softly

She shrugged a little. “It’s just baby making me worse…. They’re sure once she’s out that I’ll start being a bit better. Just fainting spells again hopefully.” She mumbled.

Jon groaned a little and let his hand drop, still staring at the wall. “You should go home.” He muttered.

JD gave a small frown and nodded softly "You think you'll be okay with the baby alone once she is here? I don't want you to faint while with her." He said quietly cupping her face gently

Max took a deep breath before nodding softly "Alright....I um...I'll come get you when they let you out if you need it." She murmured before standing up to leave

She frowned shaking her head. “It’s a bit late to worry about it now… and we can’t afford a nanny or help… this is why I wanted to be home in Cali… around family.” She pointed out tiredly

He frowned and just nodded slowly, still not looking at her and staring at the wall until she had left and he tried to get some sleep. Just about managing when he noticed someone coming in, recognising the voice as that of someone from the Russos before he felt something wrap around his throat and tighten, starting to panic and tried to move to get it off but he was already weakened and he didn’t have the strength as it eventually stopped him from breathing and he blacked out.

JD gave a small nod and frowned deeply "Right." He said quietly taking a deep breath. He needed to figure something out, maybe Jon's offer could help them.

Russo clutched Jon's throat shaking his head some "You try to double cross us again I'll kill you for real." He spat before looking at his second in command once Jon had blacked out "If he declines our offer after he wakes up, go get his wife."

Jon came around another hour later just feeling worse and worse and noting that max hadn’t come back. Although he had sent her away he thought she might have been stubborn enough to stay starting to feel like this was getting a little one-sided.

Carmen frowned some and just held his hand. “She’s definitely gonna be our only kid.” She mumbled.

Billy came in smiling happily at Jon when he saw him awake "Jonny boy, just the man I need to see." He said before sitting down "Listen, my dad as you can see, did not take kindly to this situation. So since you've been let off the force, you have two choices."

JD nodded softly giving her hand a gentle squeeze "We could always look into adoption." He murmured softly

She frowned a little and shook her head. “We aren’t well off enough to be considered. But I’m okay with just one. Better than losing four.” She mumbled, squeezing his hand tightly and drifted off to sleep next to him

Jon groaned a little and tried to respond but he could hardly bresthe at this point and the choking hadn’t exactly helped. On top of that despite being in critical care no one had checked on him since he’d woken up and he was starting to get the feeling tbe russos had something to do with that

Billy smiled some at him "You either run for us, do what we say. Or you can go off, be on your own, forever. Because if you leave, your wife is ours." He said seriously before standing up "You let us know in three days time." He muttered before leaving the room calling for a nurse to check on him.

JD frowned softly giving a nod "Yeah it would be." He said quietly

He managed a grunt in response before passing out, not coming around for a couple days after that and finally waking up to max in the room this time, watching her some and groaned to get her attention.

They had been planning to send her home thst afternoon, soon as JD would have been able to come collect her but ten minutes ago she had started feeling weird again and now they were calling JD to let him know she was going in for an emergency c-section

Max frowned softly as she heard him groan. She hadn't left his side since she came back. As she noticed him go for the water she quickly helped him with it "Hey there, easy now." She said quietly

JD was excited to finally have Carmen coming home. Though when he got the phone call abput her emergency C-Section he quickly started to freak out as he rushed back to the hospital.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back