• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Pull it Together, damnit

JD smiled a bit at her and nodded some "Yeah they're not the best. Hopefully tomorrow once they get all the test results." He murmured

Max frowned softly at the amount of times his phone was going off "You've been getting a lot of messages lately. Everything alright?"

He frowned a little and nodded. “Work group chats.” He told her honestly at least. Just not which job it was from.

She just nodded tiredly and held onto him, “Christmas is way too far away… I just wanna go home. Why did we take this move again?” She sighed heavily

Max gave a small nod and smiled some "Tell them to calm it down." She teased before kissing his cheek gently.

JD chuckled softly and held her close to him "For a fresh start and so we know our daughter will be financially set."

She sighed a little and just nodded, leaning her head against him. “Will they let you stay tonight?” She asked him quietly, playing with his fingers and trying to stay awake.

He grunted a little and parked at the wings place, getting out with her and going to get a table, looking more and more worn out every day at this rate

JD nodded softly kissing her cheek gently "Yeah I sweet talked them earlier when you were asleep." He murmured before chuckling.

Max gave a small sigh as they got out going inside the restaurant. By the time they got home Jon was nearly asleep. She was getting worried, she hadn't seen him like this in years. Not since their first year of marriage when his gambling addiction was at its worst.

She smiled a little and shook her head “So that’s how you convinced me to marry you.” She teased him a little. “She’s kicking again… protesting being in jail for another couple months.” She mumbled, rubbing her face as she started drifting off.

He wandered upstairs after getting a few emails done and joined her in bed, pulling her in close to him and burying his face into her shoulder and groaning a little. “You’ve been quiet tonight.” He mumbled

JD smiled softly and rubbed her bump feeling his daughter kick "Oh she is kicking pretty good. Hey now, calm down baby girl." He cooed at her belly

Max gave a small nod "Yeah just thinking thats all." She whispered before cuddling up close to him.

Carmen frowned tiredly, just trying to get to sleep and leaning on JD, eventually managing to drift off at least for now.

Jon nodded and flicked his light off. “About?” He mumbled, pulling her in close. “Don’t put your feet in me theyre ice blocks.” He grumbled a little

Max frowned a bit "Everything, just how I'm going to apologize as well." She murmured

JD held her for a long while before he started to drift off as well.

He sighed a little and tucked her hair behind her ears. “Well… JD complained that she hates flowers so she’s a pain on Valentine’s Day… but he always stops off at the gas station on our way back to pick up check mix…. So get some chew mix and go say whoops… let’s start fresh.” He murmured, placing kisses all over her face every so often before he finally fell asleep

Max laughed lightly but made a mental note "Alright then." She said quietly before falling asleep with him.

JD woke up early that next morning smiling softly as he watched Carmen sleep. His hand rubbing small circles on her stomach

She eventually woke up sighing a little "You gotta go to work huh? Can I go home yet?" She asked him quietly, stretching out a litle and watching him, just wanting to be in the comfort of their own bed and not in the hospital anymore "I promise to go on actual bed rest." She murmured, watching him.

Jon woke up early to get showered and head into work, sighing a little when he came out the bathroom and saw her still asleep, leaving her a little note that he loved her and to have a good day before heading out and heading in

JD nodded softly kissing the top of her head "Yeah they just told me they would be bringing the discharge papers here in a minute." He said quietly

Max woke up some after he left noticing the note on her night stand. She gave a small smile before getting up and ready for the day.

She nodded tiredly and sat up a bit, running a hand through her hair to get it tied back, taking the clothes he had with him and got changed carefully as well before signing the papers and heading home with him, staying quiet until he was dropping her off. “Be good, I’ll see you later.” She murmured, pecking his cheek and heading inside.

Jon looked up when JD finally walked through the doors. “How’s she doing?” He asked him, frowning some seeing he still looked a little pissed.

JD gave her a small nod as he got her inside "Rest okay? Lay on the couch and play your switch or watch some TV." He murmured softly before heading out. As he got to work he frowned some seeimg Jon there "She's home; but now on strict bedrest." He muttered

Max went to the store a little later for chex mix and then made her way over to JD's. She had gotten the address from Jon and she hoped she could make things right.

She had been chilling all day by that point and was getting a little bored, assuming it was Clay arriving early when the doorbell rang so went to answer it and tensed seeing max there. “Hi… what do you want?” She asked her, a little on edge.

Jon sighed but nodded. “Alright… we got a job. Some door to door shit today for homicide.” He told him, walking into the briefing with him, trying to ignore how off he was being with him

Max took a deep breath before the door opened. She looked at Carmen and sighed heavily "Hi....I um....I came to apologize for the way I behaved the other night. Could we maybe talk? I brought some Chex Mix for you as well." She murmured handing the grocery bag full of bags of chex mix.

JD nodded some giving a heavy sigh "Alright then." He murmured before getting in the car with him. He still wasn't pleased with how things went and the fact that it seemed they wouldn't apologize to Carmen was pissimg him off

She nodded and opened the door more for her to come in. “Excuse the mess. We haven’t finished unpacking.” She told her, going to the kitchen with her to get her a drink and finally to sit in the lounge.

Jon frowned some. “Do you guys get good insurance through the job?” He asked him curiously knowing that his healthcare wouldn’t be covering the problems that JD’s wife seemed to have.

Max walked inside and gave a small laugh "I remember when Jon and I first moved into our house. Took us 3 months to actually get fully unpacked." She said before sitting down with her in the lounge thanking her for the drink "I'm sorry for how I acted the other night...it was out of line and unneccissary."

JD shook his head a bit "No, but my parents a well off. I have a savings they made for me as a kid, it can help for some of it." He explained giving a heavy sigh "I wanted to save it to give to my kids, but life happens."

Jon just nodded "You ever feel like you need to earn more... Let me know." He told him a little slyly, heading out to the car with him.

Carmen just nodded "It was shitty... I was being genuine... Did Jon mention to you that JD and I have had three attempts before this.. One made it to six months before we lost them... I accept the apology though. And the chex mix." She smiled some, leaning back on the couch, "How long have you and Jon been together?" She asked her

Max shook her head a bit before giving a small sigh "He hadn't mentioned anything to me. I didn't know you were pregnant til you arrived." She explained before taking a deep breath "We got to nearly eight.....that was eight months ago now....I had to deliver him and I nearly died from blood loss." She explained before quickly wiping her eyes. She gave a small smile when she accepted the apology and nodded some "We've been together....shit nearly 15 years now. Met when we were 15...started dating at 16. How long have you and JD been together?"

JD raised an eyebrow but nodded some "Alright then?" He murmured before getting out of the car once they got to the first house on their list.

Carmen listened and nodded "How has Jon handled the whole thing?" She asked her. "Uh... Married almost 7 years but been together for ten as of six months ago." She told her, smiling a little, "He's uh... I don't know what I'd do without him. Between being sick almost every day and him being the one person I can rely on... He was amazing every time we had to start over. He is kind and patient and doesn't make you feel like you are a burden no matter how much you want to believe it yourself." She smiled a little.

Jon nodded and got out with him, "If we do the first three together then four and six I can do on my own." He told him, alreadhy recognising the addresses on their list.

Max frowned softly as she listened to her shaking her head a bit "Not like that...he has been very distant since it happened. At first he was like that but about a month later he started pulling away." She explained quietly before smiling a bit as she described JD "Sounds like you got yourself one hell of a guy."

JD frowned and shook his head some "No we'll go together, no more of this by yourself shit. It's going to get you killed." He muttered

Jon turned and looked at him gritting his teeth. “I don’t want to get you involved. Keep your head straight.” He warned him.

Carmen smiled a little and nodded. “He uh… he fell off the track a little after the third loss…. Almost ended up having an affair but he got pulled in real quick. I noticed so many more phone calls and messages and he was being comforted by a girl at work… that’s when he put the transfer in. But she got moved before we did and we got back on track.” She told her

JD frowned more at him taking a deep brearh "I don't know what you're into Jon...but if you're having to constantly do shit on your own then how can I fucking trust you as a partner?"

Max frowned as she listened further giving a small nod. Jon had been having the same thing aside from the obvious woman helping him "Jon used to have a gambling problem when we were younger. He hasn't gambled in years though after he got help with it. But the things you're saying...its making me question a few things." She murmured before shaking her head a bit wanting to get off the subject "So do you know the gender?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back