• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Pull it Together, damnit

Carmen smiled, rolling her eyes a little as her husband jogged out their front door towards her, practically snatching the small box out of her arms before walking back inside. “Babe. It’s one box and it’s just some of my gaming things.” In truth he’d been nothing but wonderful to her since they’d found out she was pregnant last month and even more so when they had been made to transfer a couple hours away. “Plus that’s the last one.” She told him, going inside with him to sit down on the couch and sigh at all the unpacking she would be doing while he was settling into the new job tomorrow.

Jon pulled up to the house in the early afternoon, glad for the extra bit of time off while they were still getting things back on track after the loss of what would be their first kid. Max didn’t need to know that home had only been his second stop since this morning, having been down at the poker tables since 10. He’d won a little and lost a lot as per usual before a friend sent him home. He groaned a little as he got out the car and headed inside, wandering around til he found her outside with a book, sneaking up behind her and placing his arms around her shoulders, chuckling as she jumped. “Hey beautiful…. Good book?” He asked, kissing her cheek then moving to sit next to her.

Max nearly jumped out of her skin when she felt arms go around her. She relaxed when she heard her husband's voice smiling softly "Hey there...yeah its not too bad." She said softly before turning to look at him. He looked so tired lately and it wasn't the normal work tired either. The loss of her pregnancy had taken such a toll on them. She had become closed off to everyone but him and he was seeming to be pushing himself away from her. It scared her to think he would possibly leave her.

JD jogged out to Carmen when he saw her lifting a box wanting her not to lift a finger. Ever since she told him she was pregnant he had gone overboard on her safety. He wanted to make sure they were taken care of, its why he took the transfer to this new department. He smiled softly walking with her to the house "Good, now go sit." He murmured happily. He sat next to her once he put the box down and sighed softly "You be careful unpacking okay?"

She smiled and lifted her feet up into his lap. “Promise.” She murmured. “Okay nice with whoever you get out with tomorrow. And don’t forget to put in the request for Saturday so you can get to the scan on Friday.” She reminded him, “your kid is kicking the hell out of my bladder.” She sighed a little, moving to get up to go pee.

Jon smiled and moved to sit next to her, pulling her to sit in his lap and just held her. “Mmm you smell nice. I get a new partner tomorrow.” He told her quietly. “I just know he’s Hispanic. That’s about it.” He muttered. “What we doing for dinner?” He asked her, just having his post-work rambles with her

JD smirked and gave a small chuckle "I promise to be nice." He murmured as he started to massage her feet "Right, thank you for reminding me." He said sighing happily as she got up to leave. He was on cloud nine with her at the moment and couldn't wait to start their family.

Max smiled softly as he pulled her close "New partner already? Well I'm sure you two will get along just fine." She murmured before kissing him gently before cuddling him a little bit "I was thinking about Ziti, hows that sound?"

She headed to the bathroom and got herself sorted before coming out to him again and looking around the place. “I’m just glad we found somewhere on fairy short notice.” She smiled, going to sit on him and relaxed as soon as his hands went to her belly.

He just nodded and held her tightly. “Mmm sounds good. What time is your doctors appointment on Thursday?” He asked her quietly. He’d almost lost her when they lost the baby so he was glad they were following up with everything properly.

JD smiled placing his hands instinctively on her bump as she sat on him "Yeah I am too. Glad that the precinct helped us find a spot too." He murmured rubbing circles on her stomach "You happy?"

Max gave a small frown when he mentioned her doctors appointment "Its at 3 p.m. you going to try and be there?" She asked softly as she played with his fingers

She smiled again and tilted her head back. “Very. I can’t wait for the little monster to get here.” She smiled, placing her hand over the top of his. “You wanna order dinner and then we should get an early night.” She suggested quietly.

He nodded slowly. “No promises but I will try.” He murmured quietly. “It’s getting cold babe let’s get inside.” He mumbled, kissing her head, whistling for the dogs to join them

JD smiled happily and nodded some "Yeah sounds good, you pick what you want." He murmured kissing the side of her head gently as he continued to rub her stomach starting to get lost in his thoughts.

Max nodded softly getting up and following him inside "Is the charity going to come by for that stuff?" She asked softly meaning the baby things that they had in the garage just sitting there. She wanted it gone, wanted every reminence of their lost child out of the house.

She just nodded and pulled up doordash to see what was wavailanle in their new area, settling on some burgers and eventually after dinner headed up to bed with him. They would have to deal with blankets and bare pillows for one night but she’d start getting things sorted tomorrow, snuggling back against her husband and smiled tiredly. “I love you… get some rest.” She murmured tiredly, drifting off.

Jon nodded. “Well, I’m taking it in tomorrow and they’re picking up donations from work.” He sighed quietly, pulling her in close, having dinner with her before getting settled in bed for the night “you sure you don’t wanna hold onto any of the stuff in case we get lucky?” He asked her quietly as one last chance to not throw it away.

JD woke up early that next morning giving a heavy sigh as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes. He was nervous to start this new job, nervous that his partner may not be as good of a guy as his last one. He got up and smiled seeing Carmen still asleep for the time being. This was what it was about,her and their future child, and it made everything worth it.

Max frowned more as she watched him before letting a few tears fall "I...." she whispered not able to finish the sentance before she quickly wiped her eyes shaking her head more "No...no I want the big stuff out....it just hurts me everytime I see it." She said trying to sound as serious as possible.

Carmen was grumbling about buffalo wings in her sleep, one of the things she’d been craving the most and eventually went to roll over, waking up when she got stuck. “Morning… you going in already?” She asked him quietly.

Jon just nodded and pulled her in closer. “I love you.” He mumbled tiredly. “Get some sleep alright? Tomorrow is a new day “

JD smiled happily at her "Hey beautiful, yeah I gotta get in early." He said softly before he leant across the bed and kissed her gently "You need anything before I leave?"

Max woke up that next morning like she always did and made her way to the kitchen. She got coffee made up along with breakfast for Jon. She rubbed at her eyes to try and wake herself more but she had slept terribly and felt like shit.

Carmen shook her head then grabbed his arm and nodded. “Cuddles.” She mumbled tiredly, reaching for him. “Can you being home some buffalo wings? With the celery and ranch though. That’s important.” She told him quietly.

Jon got downstairs in a bit of a rush as always, grabbing the breakfast and shoving it down him. “Thanks gorgeous. I’ll call you at lunch alright?” He murmured, kissing her cheek and letting it out the dokr

JD chuckled softly and moved to cuddle her a little "Mhmm I can do that for you." He murmured kissing the top of her head gently "I love you beautiful."

Max rolled her eyes giving a small laugh at him. He was always rushing out of there. She gave a small nod and pecked his lips gently "Alright love."

She smiled and pecked his cheek. “Be good. Play nice. I’ll see you later okay.” She told him, watching him head out and curled up to get some more sleep.

Jon grinned and pecked her lips again. “Hey, I love you.” He told her quickly before heading out and into work

JD smiled softly and nodded some "I'll see you later." He murmured before he got up to leave. He took a deep breath as he stood outside the precinct doors pushing them in and going straight to the chief's office.

Max gave him a tired smile and nodded softly "I love you too handsome, be nice." She murmured letting him go off

Jon got in, dumping the baby stuff in the donations area then went to find out who his new partner was gonna be. “Mormon’ chief.” He told, shrugging his jacket off and raising an eyebrow. “Holy shit they breed you in a gym?” He laughed seeing how built the guy was.

Carmen eventually got up and got to unpacking, attempting to start in one room and work her way round but it wasn’t going very well

JD over at the man who entered the room and chuckled some. Wasn't the first time someone had made a comment on his size and he had no problem with it.

Wes chuckled at Jon shaking his head a bit "Mornin Bernthal; this is JD Pardo, as of today he'll be your new partner. I want you both on patrol for the day, just to get him around to know the place alright?"

Jon nodded and smiled. “Alright then. Come with me and we’ll head out.” He told him, stopping by his desk and picking up a couple things first. “They issue you a badge and a gun yet?” He asked him, nodding when he revealed both. He took him out and gave him a few pointers for the first hour or so. “You got a wife then? You’re not wearing a ring right now but there’s a tan line. You got any kids?” He asked him

JD followed him around for the day taking in everything he said. He chuckled when he mentioned his tan line nodding some "Yeah 7 years together. I usually wear a silicone one for work but forgot to grab it this morning." He murmured before nodding happily "Yeah we got one on the way actually, wife is due in a few months. You got a wife and kids?"

He nodded some. “Wife yes. Kids… hasn’t been in the cards for us apparently.” He sighed a little. “Just wait in the car here. I gotta talk to someone real quick.” He told him as he pulled over around the back of what looked to be a large warehouse, getting out and heading inside. To cover his gambling debts he’d started moonlighting for the gang in town, working out drug deals, helping them move product and keeping the others off their backs. He wasn’t proud of it but it had been necessary especially with all the medical bills after the miscarriage

JD gave a small nod as he listened to him. He raised an eyebrow at the location but thought nothing of it. Maybe it had something to do with a case he was in on. He gave a small smile as he got back in the car "So how long have you been with your wife?"

Jon got back in and sighed quietly, starting to head back to the station "Since we were kids basically." He told him, parking and getting out, going to get on top of his paperwork for once while JD would be finishing orientation with the chief

JD nodded some as he watched him "Wow thats great man; you don't hear that much these days." He murmured before continuing the drive. As he got back he went to his lunch break real quick to call Carmen and see how she was doing.

Max called Jon at lunch time smiling softly "Hey handsome; how is the new partner?" She asked sweetly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back