• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Pull it Together, damnit

He groaned again and looked up at her. “When did you get here?” He croaked out, his throat swollen and bruised from being choked still

Once he arrived they took him through to be with her immediately and she was finally starting to relax once he was there. “Oh Jay she’s decided she’s coming early.” She whimpered a little still freaking out but not quite as badly.

Max pushed his hair from his face sighing heavily "Three days....you've been out for three days." She said softly letting a few tears fall as she stared at her husband. She was scared, worried she would really lose him.

JD got scrubbed in and quickly held her hand. He pushed some hair from her face nodding softly "Hey...hey are you okay? Yeah I guess she is huh?" He murmured softly

She whimpered shaking her head. “I just want her okay.” She whimpered, terrified they were going to lose her.

Jon just frowned and watched her. “You need to go home..,, please. Come back tonight. Please.” He grunted a little with the effort.

JD gave a small nod and kissed the top of her head "You'll both be okay, we'll be a family." he said softly smiling wide at her trying to lessen her stress

Max frowned more shaking her head some "No...no Jon I'm not leaving you." she whispered giving his hand a squeeze

“It wasn’t a suggestion.” He told her seriously. “Go home. I will explain tonight. Promise.” He murmured and squeezed her hand.

She just nodded a little, fully doped up and exhausted responding to him for the first ten minutes but after that it got slower until she wasn’t answering him at all

Max took a deep breath but nodded softly kissing him gently "I love you Jon." she whispered before getting her things and leaving the hospital

JD frowned as she started to fade out looking at the doctors concerned "Whats going on?! Why isn't she responding?" he asked starting to panic

They started moving him out soon after that and told him to just wait outside. Someone eventually came to see him an hour later to let him know that carmen was doing okay and he could see her in a little while but he could go see their little girl now.

He had the meeting with them and made the agreements before she got back and he leaned back watching her walk in. “You need to.,, listen carefully… cause this is… more serious now.”

JD took deep breaths as he waited. He thanked the nurse and let out a sigh of relief "Is she okay too?" He asked softly smiling when she gave a small nod. When he saw her in the nursery he felt his smile come back and was unabke to wipe it from his face "Can I hold her?"

Max came back that evening after finishing her dinner. She frowned softly watching him "Alright..." she whispered holding his hand gently

She shook her head. “Not yet. She’s still almost 9 weeks early so the issue she’s having is her lungs aren’t quite developed enough. You’ll be able to hold her in a week or two we hope.” She told him.

He frowned a little and gave his hand a squeeze, struggling to breathe a little more than before from all the stress and strain of the day.

JD gave a small nod staring at her "How will you be able to kmow she is okay?" He asked softly trying to just keep himself calm and not over react.

Max frowned softly but shook her head "Tell me when you can okay? I promise I'll be okay." She whispered softly

“We’re keeping a real close eye on her mr. pardo. For now that’s the only thing that has cropped up. If any other issues present themselves then we will handle that but there is no point over stressing yourself. There is nothing you can do to change it. She’s in good hands with us.” She promised.

He just groaned in response and closed his eyes trying to stay calm the whole time, gripping at her hand as right as he could.

JD gave a small nod "Thank you." He murmured before smiling back at his daughter. She was perfect to him and he couldn't wait to hold her.

Max frowned more keeping him close "Baby try to relax if you can okay? Its gonna be okay." She whispered

He frowned some and just kept watching her, just getting worse over the course of the evening, about to ask her to call a nurse when he started coughing violently and a huge amount of blood came up with it, dropping down his chin and spraying his hospital gown.

They eventually got the message to him that he could go see carmen once he was ready as she was doing much better and settled into her recovery room as well before Clay phoned him to ask whether they were coming home tonight or not as it was was getting late and there had been no word from them. He’d been putting a crib together to take some stress off of JD

Max went wide eyed quickly pressing the call button before she tried to clean him up "Shit." She muttered frowning when no one came in after nearly 20 minutes. She went out and glared down the hall "Some one come fucking help my husband he is coughing blood!" She yelled

JD looked at his phone and cursed himself seeing Clay's name "Hey man, sorry for not calling. Carmen actually went into labor. If you want later I can bring you up to meet your god daughter." He said giving a small chuckle and smiling

He frowned some and nodded. “Shit. They both doing okay?” He asked him concerned. “You want me to bring anything over?”

Jon had tried to explain to her that the button wasn’t working but he couldn’t talk anymore by this point and started passing out once they got in there

JD nodded some "Both are okay. I'm about to go see Carmen. If you could bring her a change of clothes that would be great, I completely forgot to grab her bag." He said chatting with him a little bit more before going in the room to see Carmen.

Max frowned as the nurses came in to check him over. It killed her to see him this way and she just hoped he would get better quickly.

It became clear quite quickly that they hadn’t been accurate with him at all on how she was doing soon as he could see she was on a ventilator and certainly not awake.

He came around not long after and just watched her reaching for her hand. “I’ve made a deal…. They will… employ me… but you can’t…. Be asking about… work or.. or anything… I just want…. You to be… safe.” He told her quietly

JD's smile quickly faded when he saw the ventilator going wide eyed and rushing to her "Carmen?! Shit!" He whisper yelled quickly pressing the call button needing answers about his wife.

Max quietly nodded before wiping her eyes "I just....I want you to be okay.." she whispered

He just nodded and squeezed her hand. “I’ll be fine. Promise.” He smiled tiredly, resting his head back and trying to tug on her to st least sit with him.

Clay got there an hour later and walked in frowning some. “Shit. What happened I thought you said she was doing okay?” He asked him seeing JD sat there just staring at her.

Max nodded softly before letting more tears fall "Alright.." she whispered before kissing his hand gently

JD was still staring at Carmen when Clay finally came in "She is stable....thats all." He whispered trying to keep himself calm "She...she just....all her problems finally took a toll."

He frowned and set the bag down, giving his shoulder a squeeze before he sat down. “She’ll be alright. Too stubborn to go through all that shit pregnancy to not meet her kid.” He told him trying to cheer him up.

Jon just watched her until he fell asleep again, trying to get some rest

-2 months-
JD stood in the nursery smiling softly as he looked at the nurse who was opening the incubator. Today was the first time to hold his daughter and he only wished Carmen was there with him. She still hadn't really woken open yet and he was starting to panic.

Max sat at the hospital waiting for Jon to finish signing his discharge papers. Things were not 100% between them but she had agreed to stay at the house to take care of him. He had struggled for the first two weeks but was now getting much better and just needed some help getting around for the most part.

Jon sighed a little and finished up, heading out with her to the car. “You asked me a question yesterday… about why I never told you what was going on.” He mumbled while she drove, wincing every time the car jerked his back.

Lilah smiled at him once she got maya out and passed her over. “Here you go dad… you’ve been waiting a while huh?” She smiled and helped him get her settled before stepping back to take a load of photos for him.

Max frowned softly as she drove giving a small nod "Yeah I did.." she said softly trying to not make too many sudden stops. She was scared and worried about what their lives were about to become.

JD nodded happily and smiled widely "Yeah I have." He said softly sitting down with Maya "Hi there....I'm your daddy." He whispered to her before letting a few tears fall out of happieness

He frowned and shook his head. “I didn’t answer cause I didn’t want another argument but I did try to tell you. The first couple weeks after we got home I told you I wasn’t doing good and you just told me that neither of us were.” He pointed out.

She smiled some “How’s carmen getting on?” She asked him. “I heard she was moving a little but not woken up yet?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back