• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern PROJECT: Magical Girls OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Can we chart out allignments? It's just a request, since I don't wanna end up accidentally attacking an ally or aiding an opponent.
Batch 1.
Dark Site:
Gutter Queen (Alice)
Heartbeat (Aoi)
Dynamite (Inessa)
Rose (Rose)

Rogue:
Twinkle (Wingy)
Frostbite (Julia)
Vanguard (Sibylla)

Independent Agents:
The Repairer (Hildred) — aiding Rogues through buffing Vanguard
Twinkle (Wingy) — acting as a double agent in the Rogues for Executive 004.

Batch 2.
Dark Site:
Girlish Grizzly (Azusa)
Swallowtail (Yu-Ri)
L’Dauphin (Adonis)

Rogue:
Scarlet (Blythe)
Fucking Unkillable Menace (Amborg)
Pretty But Deadly Cinderella (Mitsuba)
Gigapuddin’ (Zoe)

Independent Agents:
Negev (Nate) — rogue; currently on his own as of now after escaping Dark Site
Blue Diamonds (Leigh) — dark site; complete menace, currently on their own because they don’t play well with others.

Can the power nuliffying bracelets take effect if they aren't able to curl around the limb of a target?

Probably doesn’t need direct skin contact, because the entire magical girl, including their outfit, is magical in nature, so it can start sucking up MP even through that sorta clothing.

Probably doesn’t need direct skin contact, because the entire magical girl, including their outfit, is magical in nature, so it can start sucking up MP even through that sorta clothing.
So they basically have a one hit kill weapon?

Unless you have a ranged power. You'd have to speedblitz or take a dark-siter offguard in order to counter something that can "Suck Up MP" through any form of close proximity. You're basically rendering anyone who relies on close combat useless, and frankly, I don't think that's very fair...

Last edited:
From an IC perspective, it shouldn’t be fair, considering how the Dark Site’s apparently been around for a good while. They should’ve had plenty of time to figure out how to make all magical girls dependent on them, considering how they apparently have no qualms with torturing and brainwashing literal children to begin with.

From an OOC perspective, the power sucking bracelets probably can’t be used as weapons, because, ya know, they need to be held by a person to use them. So if the efficacy is such that getting hit by it is enough to instantly KO a magical girl, the person using it would also likely get conked out.

I imagine there's two ways the bracelet can work:

1) It emits some sort of nullifying field and sucks MP

2) It hasn't been established how magic works. MP may need to circulate the body to be channelled or something, and the bracelets cut the flow of said MP rendering abilities useless as the wearers can't even harness the mp to jumpstart their spells, etc

Again, I have no idea what the big boss has in mind for the lore so this is just my two cents

2) It hasn't been established how magic works. MP may need to circulate the body to be channelled or something, and the bracelets cut the flow of said MP rendering abilities useless as the wearers can't even harness the mp to jumpstart their spells, etc

Again, I have no idea what the big boss has in mind for the lore so this is just my two cents
If it’s the first one then some of us won’t even be able to participate without getting curbstomped. We’ll just have to keep running, forever. Completely unable fight back because our powers simply don’t effect our opponent due to their “MP nullification.”

KAmber KAmber thanks for answering questions in my place while I was away! I appreciate that.

Severia Severia can I make up some details about Windy’s abilities and/or attack names?
Go ahead.

And about the bracelet, let me clarify a bit more. It indeed cut off magical flow on any contact and will take effect as soon as a slight touch has been made. Because of that nature, it absolutely cannot be used as a weapon because of... well
From an OOC perspective, the power sucking bracelets probably can’t be used as weapons, because, ya know, they need to be held by a person to use them. So if the efficacy is such that getting hit by it is enough to instantly KO a magical girl, the person using it would also likely get conked out.
This. Whenever you want to apply it to someone, you will have to find a piece of cloth like gloves that aren't a part of your magical girl outfit in order to safely touch it. (Naturally, any squad being given the bracelet would also receive the gloves.)

I will have to say that it leans more toward 2) given what I have in mind about the concept of how magic works (which I still haven't thoroughly discussed with Heartstorm78 Heartstorm78 yet.)

If it’s the first one then some of us won’t even be able to participate without getting curbstomped. We’ll just have to keep running, forever. Completely unable fight back because our powers simply don’t effect our opponent due to their “MP nullification.”
I reckon it's best to let the inventors figure out the kinks. We're here to write a story, not fight the GM to the death. hopefully I imagine any sensible gm wouldn't just screw over half the characters like that lmao.

I reckon it's best to let the inventors figure out the kinks. We're here to write a story, not fight the GM to the death. hopefully I imagine any sensible gm wouldn't just screw over half the characters like that lmao.
Okay. That reassures me a little. But the fact that this is meant to be a “dark magical girl subversion” ala Puella Madoka Magica or Magical Girl Site does get me a bit worried about that sort of thing.

I mean,I think a reasonable approach to a tool like this would be to require it to be firmly secured to the target somewhere. Which is to say it doesn't involuntarily affect someone just by holding it,let alone nullify any attacks that happen in its vicinity. But at the same time it can be reasonably applied in a close quarters fight,so once it's locked in it "completes the circuit" using the wearer's body and prevents external projection of their abilities because their energy is directed through the circuit instead.

Again,we're not playing a competitive game here so it's probably expected that while there are some dangers,there's some squeezing and bending of the logic here so neither party is rendered severely ineffectual.

On that note, it's probably best to expect Dark Site to hold a significant advantage. There's a limit to what a bunch of freshly-escaped living weapons can do about resources, intel, money, etc especially when they've probably had minimal proper outside-world experience for a while.

Meanwhile the Site is probably rolling in cash

You know, I can ultimately do sth about this bracelet that make sense IC like announcing "the second version is already here!" and apply whatever changes you guys want. For instance
I mean,I think a reasonable approach to a tool like this would be to require it to be firmly secured to the target somewhere. Which is to say it doesn't involuntarily affect someone just by holding it,let alone nullify any attacks that happen in its vicinity. But at the same time it can be reasonably applied in a close quarters fight,so once it's locked in it "completes the circuit" using the wearer's body and prevents external projection of their abilities because their energy is directed through the circuit instead.
this doesn't sound half bad. And if that's the direction I'm going then I will wait a few hours or days for this discussion to conclude before implementing the changes.

You know, I can ultimately do sth about this bracelet that make sense IC like announcing "the second version is already here!" and apply whatever changes you guys want.
I think all that was needed was to establish how they work in ooc. I feel like the Dark Site probably would have something that generates an aoe anti magic field, main concern is that it's a little cracked if a handheld bracelet could achieve a similiar effect.

A second, improved version introduced later down the line sounds fun for making the rogues' lives harder.

Unrelated note, I finally properly read your posts. Did you make Hildred off a herd of Execs off-screen?

So a question about this bracelet. From what I've read it can cut off magical flow on slight contact and prevent magical girls from using their abilities. And if all we need to do is to wear a glove then couldn't it be weaponized with a great result? Something like wearing a glove, throwing the bracelet to an enemy's face and watch them being reduced to a helpless girl.

Lily_G Lily_G that's what we're trying to hash out right now. My suggestion that it needs to be properly locked onto the wearer to take effect. And in any event the handheld device probably doesn't have an AOE and will cease upon not being touched by the target.

LostHaven LostHaven I think an "anti-magic projector" would make sense as an emergency action,but it's probably big,conspicuous and consumes a lot of power. Like it needs a truck-sized platform and generator like a real life LRAD. Probably makes a loud noise and/or needs setting up too.

If we're here to take suggestions and all, Severia Severia , just have it be something like this.

It prevents the usage of magic and the ability to transform when you are in your mundane state, so Rogue girls still have to get the snot beaten out of them and get forced out of a transformation before they can get got by the bracelet. In the same way, those who are still loyal to the Dark Site would have to wear these bracelets as well, so that they would only be given the authorization to transform and utilize their abilities when the organization wants them to (which would work better for preventing more wannabe-Rogues from just busting out of their facilities).

Unrelated note, I finally properly read your posts. Did you make Hildred off a herd of Execs off-screen?
Yeah. What I've written is basically 'any Exec above 010 can secretly create and launch any project without telling anyone, even Mr. Zero, so long as there is some result to be achieved' so as to give your projects some connection to the organization structure. Note that I've not mentioned who or what kind of person behind your projects so you are free to do whatever you want with that.

Also if you really don't like that, then remember that all those statements are just 004's knowledge and your projects can have different origin.

I think all that was needed was to establish how they work in ooc. I feel like the Dark Site probably would have something that generates an aoe anti magic field, main concern is that it's a little cracked if a handheld bracelet could achieve a similiar effect.
So a question about this bracelet. From what I've read it can cut off magical flow on slight contact and prevent magical girls from using their abilities. And if all we need to do is to wear a glove then couldn't it be weaponized with a great result? Something like wearing a glove, throwing the bracelet to an enemy's face and watch them being reduced to a helpless girl.
For the issue of it being weaponized as a throwing weapon. I will have to say that it isn't and won't ever be my intention to have sth as effective as that. I only implemented this as a plot device to keep captured magical girls in check. (Imagine a squad capturing 5 magical girls and those 5 can freely use their powers. Even with ordinary restraints and something like a rotating guard I don't think you can keep them in check forever.)

But seeing how it worry you guys, I can establish this property without waiting for the second version; 'the bracelet works by gradually cutting of magical flow of its victim until they can't use magical energy at all' you can't expect it to be thrown at the opponent and then watch her lose all power right away. Instead you will have to wear and hold it for a few seconds for the power nullification to take effect. I hope this is a more reasonable approach.

If we're here to take suggestions and all, Severia Severia , just have it be something like this.

It prevents the usage of magic and the ability to transform when you are in your mundane state, so Rogue girls still have to get the snot beaten out of them and get forced out of a transformation before they can get got by the bracelet. In the same way, those who are still loyal to the Dark Site would have to wear these bracelets as well, so that they would only be given the authorization to transform and utilize their abilities when the organization wants them to (which would work better for preventing more wannabe-Rogues from just busting out of their facilities).
Oh hey just saw this. Sounds pretty nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back