• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Power Rangers Sentinels

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Paralysis had only just set in for him. Something about hearing that voice and being spotted by the newly changed Glatisant struck immobilizing fear into Benji. There wasn't a fear for the dark arts anymore, but being in a new place with something he just didn't understand made him uncomfortable. Not to say change of surroundings was a bad thing or he was intolerant to different things but this was just horrific. And...well, scary, admittedly! "I'm so out of my element..." Benji whispered. gulping.
"But now technically you're in your elem--" Clay began to butt in, cut off by the skeptical artist. "I know where I am, ya straw hat-wearing southerner," he replied. Okay, scary monster aside it made Clay laugh slightly. At least there was less tension.

Both guys looked at Erin. She seemed to be in pain, the scar on her arm.... "Erin?" Benji asked in a familiar tone, starting to snap out of it. Clay patted her on the back as if to bring her back to the present.

Running felt like a good course of action but that had never proven useful. Running from a problem doesn't make it go away. IN cases like this it would just allow the problem to expand and become drastically worse. Like when someone doesn't bath the hogs on time and they end up running around covered in mud and ruin your aunts nice jeans...
Or when someone accidentally mixes water-based paints and the colors run in such a way it can't be fixed and you just try to go with it. But the image turns out looking like somebody vomited all over a canvas and called it a masterpiece. Actually in some places that may pass for art. But this problem was a monster stalking the woods and posing a big threat to Avalon in addition to these...rifts appearing and running darkness.
"Howdy do," Clay nodded at Erin. They were here to do a thing right? Keep that evil bastards people back? Might as well do it, this was the right track. Benji inhaled and used Dylan and Clay for leverage as he stood up properly. He glanced at the guys and then at the beast. "Guess now another world needs us..."
Benji and Clay were both ready. "Don't know if this critter knows it's being used but I ain't gonna just stand by," Clay said. "Yeah, all of that aside we were sent for a reason," Benji added. Really there wasn't a need for talk as they joined Erin in the path again. "Essencia Awaken!" The men called, brown and green magic of earth and forest spreading through their bodies to form their suits. "Solid Earth! Brown Sentinel Ranger!"
"Sprouting Nature! Green Sentinel Ranger!" Both of them posed with the others. "Power Rangers Sentinels!"

Benji flicked his cape back and also summoned his Sentinel Staff, running in behind Erin against his better judgement. As she was merely swatted aside by the evil Glatisant, he cringed. "Erin!" He ran for the monster and used the staff to vault over him, slamming it on top of its head from the air, just bouncing right off and getting knocked back as well. Right in the chest!
"Alright now, this here's gonna get old," Clay said and took the Sentinel sidearm in its wand mode. He channeled Earthly magic to it and brought up small boulders form the ground, flinging them at the beast. They'd been sent right back at him and the others. Clay pushed both Dylan and April out of the way to save them before getting his own boulder to the side.

"Ready and willing." Dylan said with a smile. He stood with his leader as she made a badass deceleration of protecting the world. At last Dylan grabbed the charm around his neck, ripping it off and posing with it. "Essencia Awaken!" Deluvian was awoken from his nap as his patron activated his powers. Dylan's Ranger form exploded to life in an eruption of water. Dylan's watery after effect formed into his Sentinel staff and he charged right after Erin. He fared little better against the creature this time then he did before. Now his strikes were being actively blocked and parried.

No being slammed against a tree this time, Dylan cartwheeled away from Glatisant's counter but his fury was clearly not harming the monster.

No question that everybody was a little shook by this Glatisant. Erin's arm was hurting again, wasn't it? April was going to check on her when she sprung up and head for the open path with the others. This monster felt like it was some kind of test or something. Where's Merlin? Isn't he supposed to be this powerful mage and all? Why didn't he just use magic to find them and bring them to wherever he is? Weird old man....
She took a deep breath and rose with the others. "I'm with you guys," she promised. No other option. She tightly gripped her charm and yelled 'Essencia Awaken" with her friends. Ainya whistled a little prayer in the wind as they all changed to protect them and keep them safe. Simply a symbolic gesture, for she didn't posses that power...
"Soaring Wind, White Sentinel Ranger!" April then called the team name with the others and put herself in her pose as usual, about to get to work when Clay pushed her out of the way. Not even two seconds in and she's already on her ass...

He protected her, though. The others charged off at the beast, minus Clay, of course. She got up and took a breath once more, summoning the Sentinel Wand. "I'll try and cover you guys, keep him contained for ya!" She called out to her friends near Glatisant. April extended her arm outward and cast a whirlwind spell around the beast, a small tornado enveloping him. Not impressive, but it was sure a good display of magic for someone still getting used to some powers! Hopefully this would contain him long enough! She can't hold it for long, though.

Erin scrambled back to her feet, seeing her friends weren't faring much better than her in this fight. Time for a more dangerous approach, considering the place where they were all fighting. "Hey, you overgrown lizard... lion... thing!" she called to Glatisant to get its attention. Wonderful call, really. Couldn't she have said anything better to the creature? Maybe not. Sometimes when in a pinch, brains didn't function all that well. Anyhow... She conjured a fireball and flung it at the monster. Glatisant yelped as sparks emitted from his body. Since he was still trapped in April's whirlwind, he was now stuck in a whirlwind... of flames! Yikes!
"You will not defeat me so easily," Glatisant called. "This world belongs to Vorkalth!"
"I think not," Erin charged at Glatisant again as the flames and the whirlwind faded, summoning her Sword while she ran. She dashed past him, lashing out with her sword. Glatisant caught her blade in the air. He pulled and twisted it, keeping Erin in place and straining her still hurting arm. Erin gritted her teeth again, trying to pull the sword free from Glatisant's grasp. The pain in her arm was now nearly at her shoulder, searing like an inferno. She couldn't let the others see she was hurt! They had already noticed it before! They shouldn't have to worry about her. She was the leader of this team, the one who's ought to worry about them. A moment too late Erin realized what Glatisant was up to. It wouldn't even matter anymore whether she'd let go of her sword now or not... One way or another he'd fling her right between himself and any incoming attack from the others, using her as a living shield. She just took a deep breath and braced herself for any incoming impact. This was going to hurt.... A lot...
---
"Finally!" Merlin called out so suddenly it made his nephew stumble over a cauldron. Arthur rubbed his behind and watched the Scyring Window his uncle had been looking at for a while now. He knew next to nothing about magic himself, but he respected his uncle for doing so. Besides, he had proven to be an excellent and reliable advisor. One that could find any missing person in the realm, one that just knew it when a sorcerer was abusing their powers or using it for dark purposes... Sort of like now. It was clear there was dark magic at play with the shadows seemingly having turned to life and so many people acting nothing like themselves. Yet Merlin denied it had anything to do with a dark sorcerer or sorceress in this world. He claimed that it was some otherworldly power at play, a power the people of Avalon had forgotten about. Arthur's eyes widened as he looked at the screen and saw a monstrous being, showing an ever so slightly resemblance to the Questing Beast that had been roaming the woods, fighting five sorcerers... And it looked like the monster was winning. "And this, my dear nephew, it why I suggested you should send some of your knights into the woods. My visitors are in a pinch."
Arthur nodded. "I'll send Tristan, Lancelot, Galahad, and Percival to look for them. I'd send Gawain too, but I haven't seen him around in a few days."
"Ah," Merlin chuckled briefly. "That would be my fault. Gawain is... running some errands for me."
"And why did I not know of that?" Arthur asked strictly. He loved his uncle and he is a great advisor... but he didn't like it when Merlin acted on his own. It usually brought them more trouble than good.
"My dearest nephew," Merlin sighed and lightly shook his head. "It's time you remember the truth."
---
Sparks emitted from all over Erin's suit as she was used as a shield to protect Glatisant from the other Sentinels' attacks. Seeing no other use for her, Glatisant gave her a hard shove in the stomach. Erin fell to the side, curling up in pain. She could hardly muster the strength to get up again and breathed heavily. It took much of her strength to not just fall over unconscious and demorph. So far, things were going really terrible. Erin tried to push herself up, but to no avail.
"Pathetic!" Glatisant laughed. "And this is supposed to keep Avalon safe? If you can't even safe yourself or each other, how can you possibly protect an entire world?" He channeled a large ball of dark magic and flung it at the Sentinels as they had grouped themselves around their wounded leader.
"You'd be surprised how far determination can get someone. Alongside a little bit of fate and chance," a new voice said before its owner appeared at the other end of the clearing. There he stood... Another Sentinel? His outfit was similar, but the cape was shorter and in general the outfit seemed to show slightly more resemblance to a knight's armor rather than something a sorcerer would probably wear.
"Who are you?" Glatisant asked, likely wondering the same thing the Sentinels did.
"Allow me to introduce myself," the mysterious Sentinel made a small, polite bow. This new guy certainly was chivalrous.! "Shining Light. Gold Sentinel Ranger!" He posed by standing straight, his right hand resting on his chest, left hand behind his back.

What an insult, Benji thought as Erin called out to the beast. He pulled himself up off of the ground and caught his breath, eyeing the Questing Beast in hopes of taking advantage of some kind of opening. Some of that tactic practice was coming in handy...granted he'd just installed a few tactics games on his cell phone. Experience comes in all shapes and sizes. Like people do.
Erin was taking a severe beating from Glatisant and there wasn't much hope. He ran in to help her but it was too late. The monster was using her as a human shield! Oh and he thought his sculpture being turned to life was just evil and wrong! Benji almost attacked with his staff but stopped and stood still. He couldn't hurt Erin, he can't take a chance of hitting her while going after the beast! He tried conjuring a vine from trees to pull Erin loose, but Glatisant would only cut it down. Crap.
Clay got up and witness the tragic things unfolding. "Hold on," he shouted at Erin as she took punishment. He ran up to Glatisant, unlike Benji he wasn't as cautious to not hit the leader...Clay, in an effort to save her, ended up swiping his wand in a melee style at Erin. "Oh, sorry!" he said to Erin apologetically. He didn't mean to hurt her, honest! He was kicked away by the bastard holding her.

When he let her go, both Clay and Benji stood in front of her on the ground to protect her. "Back off," Clay muttered at Glatisant, ready to barrage him with boulders in a rock slide. Benji furrowed his brow and stayed calm, in front of Erin. The others could join in helping protect her, help her or attack the beast, but these two wanted to stay close. They saw the ball of dark energy coming toward them and knew what they had to do....
Clay ran headfirst into the ball of dark magic, Benji following after him. Both guys took the full force of the attack into themselves, heavy sparks from their suits coming out as they both fell to their knees and cried out. At least the others are okay....Benji fell forward, seemingly unresponsive but alive. Clay fell back, grabbing at his chest, moving around frantically. Benji groaned into the leaves.

Get back up....get back up... a voice? From nowhere, an unknown man could be heard. Clay looked in its direction, as did Benji, albeit weakly. Is that....a Power Ranger? Another Sentinel? But....Golden? "What the heck..." Benji muttered, coughing.
"Well I'll be..." Clay said, staring at the suddenly-appeared Gold Ranger, doing his own role call and...chivalrous pose and speech? Dang, a gentleman...Who is this? Where did he come from...aren't there only five Rangers???

April felt weak as the whirlwind died out and Glatisant was loose, now furiously attacking Erin. Just as she ran in to help, Erin was used as some human shield like in one of those mob movies. Only someone here is lacking a tommy gun and a fedora. As well as a badly forced Italian accent. Worried, she went to try and help her friend get away from the beast but the others were already trying and failing. Clay even hit her on accident trying to help!
"Erin, hang on!" April called out when she was tossed out like yesterdays trash. She was the first one to run directly to Erin's side while the others protected her. She held Erin up and checked on her, making sure she was alright, not shielding her like the guys seemed to be. Maybe Dylan's water magic is healing somehow? Or maybe he can make a misty distraction for them to get away? Or Clay can make a rock slide....Benji could uproot a tree! But nope. She hissed slightly seeing both Benji and Clay go down protecting the others, taking the full impact of a blast. She gasped, "You guys!" April felt helpless. This beast is powerful...stronger than they were it seemed.

But out of nowhere, in the clearing stood a shining man. So shiny... A Sentinel? A gold Sentinel? A Ranger?? "Wha..." was all she could muster after he made his appearance. A Gold Sentinel Ranger? "Um...did anyone know there was another?" She asked quietly.

As Glatisant was consumed in a vortex of fire, Dylan pumped his fist into the air. Certainly that would kill the monster. No such luck but Erin was on the attack and Dylan was not one to hang back. Summoning his trident, Dylan followed Erin into combat. But Glatisant was too powerful. He even caught Erin's blade in his bare hand. Something historically done using capes or heavy gloves but clearly neither of those were necessary for the servant of Vorkalth and it made an impressive display of his strength and durability that he was able to pull this off with such seeming ease.

Frankly, it was infuriating, so Dylan followed up with a long sweeping attack . . . only to hit Erin instead of his target.
"Jesus Christ! Erin!" Glatisant used Erin as his own human shield until he grew bored and kicked her away. Dylan rushed to his leader and friend's side, wracked with guilt that he had struck her in place of their enemy. Of course, this gave the possesed Questing Beast an ample opportunity to hit them all at the same time and he took advantage of that fact. Dylan was now wracked with guilt AND pain. This was humiliating, no matter what form he fought this thing in, it ended badly for him. Not that his friends were doing any better, he mentally noted.

That's when . . . another Ranger came striding in to save the day. If Dylan's face was visible, they would see him go starry eyed and drooling. A Power Ranger . . . who was also a knight. He's not gay but . . . he felt like he was in love at first sight.

Erin attempted to push herself up again, smiling faintly at the others under her visor. She knew none of them meant to harm her, if course she did! But that didn't mean it didn't hurt. A lot. "Guys!" she called out as her friends got struck by the dark magic and fell over. It was just getting worse and worse for them. Until the other Sentinel suddenly showed up, that is. Erin shook her head at April. "I had no clue. But I'm sure glad to see that guy. Whoever he might be." With a bit of help from April holding her up Erin managed to get up again. She hated to see her friends in pain, and felt as if it was her fault. If they didn't all have to hurry over to her... maybe they'd still be standing. Once back to her feet she considered it her turn to rush to her friends' side. "You all still in one piece?" she asked softly. That ball of dark magic sure must've been strong...

Glatisant now didn't seem sure who to attack. Five Sentinels were down and hurting, another one had shown up and only introduced himself as the Gold Sentinel Ranger. He decided to go for the newcomer, seeing as how the other give didn't pose too much of a threat right now. Galatians charged, claws ready to inflict some serious pain.

The golden ranger stood his ground, waiting for Glatisant to be close, then merely step aside to dodge the attack. He spun around, kicking the monster in his back. "Have no fear, aid is here," the knight called. He paused for a moment and shook his head. "I sounded like Sylvan for a moment there."
Glatisant snarled and ran at the knight again. Already he had had enough of him. He reached out and summoned a spear, similar to how the rangers summoned their weapons. Hah, who knew some monsters could do the same thing? The Gold Sentinel sighed. "Such a pity..." he said as he too summoned his weapon: a morningstar. "... to see a fairly peaceful beast turned into a violent monster." He charged back at Glatisant, their weapons clashing until the knight spotted an opening and struck the monster in the gut, sending it back towards the other give, who now had the chance to all get back to their feet to attack. With Erin freed and the monster staggering, they had plenty of chance. The golden ranger called an attack, swinging the morningstar. It was followed by an almost blinding sash of light. Once the light faded, Glatisant was sparking and staggering even worse. And the Golden Ranger... had disappeared.

"That was odd..." Erin muttered. She was standing, but still feeling a little weak and shaky. "Still... grateful he showed up when heI did." She wondered where he went though. Why suddenly disappear like that, without any further introductions? There would be plenty to explain once they'd return... either to Camelot or the Coven...
"Well... let's not waste the opportunity and finish him off." Now she was more determined than afraid. The monster had hurt her, and even worse, he hurt her friends.
"Elemental Fury Attack!" She called their group finishers.

Leaves provided a less-than-comfy method of bedding. Benji hadn't expected to be barraged so painfully and fall into the leaves, especially since they're awful at breaking ones fall. He groaned, motionless for a moment until he mustered strength to get back up. "I'm alive, so I guess I'm in one piece.." Benji replied to Erin. "At least you guys are all right."
Clay rubbed his head and eyed the mysterious gold ranger. He gestured to the others that he was alright. Just watching this Gold Ranger appear and charge at Glatisant was fascinating. He was so fast and strong...and shiny. Oh so shiny! Like a new belt buckle!

"Hey, how does he know Sylvan? How do you know Sylvan?" Benji asked the others then called at Golden Boy over there. He knew his spirit? Did he know all of the spirits? Does he have his own... Fate didn't tell them about this, did she? She mentioned something about others somewhere else, right? But not this level of detail. Shiny detail. Shiny.
"Dadgum, what a weapon that there is..." Clay commented on the morningstar, whistling. Now that's a beauty if there ever was one. Funny how they'd all come to appreciate things like weapons and such since becoming Rangers. Of course Benji just appreciated all artistic things in general, and weapons were rather artsy to him it was clear.
Both guys covered their eyes as the bright flash of light shined off of Gold over there in his attack. They'd just gotten back up to their feet and now they were being blinded. Ow, watch the retinas!!!

And in the blink of an eye...several blinks to help with the blindness, he was gone. Just as fast as he'd appeared. "Hey...where'd he go?" Benji asked everyone, looking all around in all directions. "Huh...at least that feller helped us..." Clay commented.
Monster's still standing though. Gold weakened it just enough so that they could finish the job and find Merlin. A shame he didn't stick around to greet them though...why was that? Fate might know...or Merlin...somebody has to, right?
They shook their heads and nodded at Erin, joining her and the others. "Elemental Fury Attack!" They called out, aiming at Glatisant and unleashing full fury of earth and forest concentration on the monster.

Helping up the fiery girl--both literally and figuratively--is the simplest thing April can do other than stare at the dazzling new hero to enter the immediate area. Great as it was that Erin was okay and she was back on her feet, and the others were...well hurt but breathing, attention was completely on this new guy. A sixth... Does this guy know that the five of them ween't aware of him? He just appears so casual and familiar. Plus the chivalry is just way up there!
Beholding the might and skill of the Gold Ranger was short-lived, for he displayed great skill and beat down on Glatisant but he wasn't present for a long amount of time. April shielded her eyes as the flash of light shone from his weapon. She can now officially say she's been...flashed. Joke.

"Hold on now?" She asked as he just went away. Where'd he go? And where can they all learn to do that sudden appearance and disappearance thing? Cool! April rubbed Erin's back to make sure she was alright. Roomies gotta stick together. In the time they'd all been a team April would gladly aid any of them. Especially after her personal struggle a while back with that two-headed lake demon thing and that gemstone. Debts had been owed for sure. But also just the goodness of her heart. Her mom didn't raise an idiot after all! "Oh, right," she aid as Erin suggested they take the chance while they had it. Would it be so easy though? Already they can finish off Glatisant? Gold guy must have really laid the hurt on him if he's being able to be beaten now.
Tightly gripping the wand and thrusting forward, "Elemental Fury Attack," April said with the others. Deja vu on account of this being how they dealt with the fishermen. This should be enough to take him out, all five of them focus. Her control had improved, as did the others. Now to beat the bad guy and move on to Camelot!

"Yeah. I still have all my limbs, I think." Dylan said in response to Erin as he grunted and returned to his feet. Dylan watched in awe as their erstwhile ally summoned his weapon and used it with such practiced confidence. Dylan had read enough of the Sentinel archives to know that Rangers from different worlds and regions had added martial arts and fighting techniques native to them to the Coven. It was not just magical might that was their weapon against Vorkalth after all. (Although for some cultures, the difference between fighting and spirituality and thus magic, is academic at best.) Even if this Ranger had never visited the Coven of their world, some more advanced fighting techniques must have "bled" through to him via Essencia. It was exactly how Dylan was able to fight with entire styles he was only barely acquainted with before he got his powers.

When the Gold Ranger knocked Glatisant to them, Dylan smiled with glee. "Time for payback!" He declared, one handed cartwheeling, he did a Capoeira kick upon the monster. He followed the kick up with a spear punch to the creature's gut. He summoned his trident and whacked him with the shaft. Hearing Erin call it all in, Dylan nodded and assumed the formation.
"Elemental Fury Attack!"

After the fight, Dylan looked around.
"Awww man. I wanted to know who he was. Maybe sit by the fire and hear him recount his legend."

Last edited:
The combined power of the five elements delivered a powerful blow to Glatisant, enough to make him do down in a blaze of sparks. He went out with a bang, as monsters tend to do. And though Erin's element was fire, she shielded her eyes from both the flames and to protect herself from the heat. She took a deep breath as the smoke cleared and Glatisant was no more. Thank goodness! The battle may not have been all what long, compared to some of the other times they had fought, but damn, this battle had been a heavy one. With unexpected help. Speaking of said help... Erin glanced around the edge of the woods. No sounds, no shining armor... or well... suits... hiding among the trees... Their unexpected aid, the knightly sentinel, had disappeared as swiftly as he had shown up. No introductions, no staying around for banter and chit-chat... He had just given them an advantage and left again. Maybe he was shy? Or he had some other reason why he didn't want to be seen... Ah well... Something told Erin they would see the mysterious stranger around sometime soon.

"No idea where he went," Erin mumbled. "But I too would like to know who he was. We should ask Fate once we get back home. Or maybe Merlin has an idea..." She took a deep breath and briefly rubbed her arm. At least it had stopped hurting... well, stopped hurting badly. It still bothered her slightly. Another something to ask Merlin about. Sure, she knew what Novus told her back when she got the scar to begin with.... and his words hadn't been too reassuring. Still... he too had told her it should stop being, well, a pain. Just when would that be? Erin hoped Merlin had some kind of magical healing potion or something of the like available. She wasn't too much of a supporter of medieval medicine, but maybe in this legendary period people were slightly more knowledgeable than people in their own medieval times.

Over their heads, the sky darkened again in the same matter as when Glatisant was given his existence. Dark clouds swirled through the air like a maelstrom, thunder crackled and lightning flashed. And there it was again... that dark voice that made the blood freeze in Erin's very veins. The pain that had only just subsided flared back with all it's fury. But now, standing right under the dark vortex, the pain was much more severe than when they were still hiding in the woods. Erin yelped, falling down to her knees and clutching her arm to her chest. In her helmet, she felt tears rolling down her cheeks. Gods, this pain was absolutely excruciating. As if she were stabbed by a hundred hot blades... and acid! And salt. Or lemon juice, whichever one hurt the most. Anyway... Though she had tried at hiding her pain before, albeit not too successful, it now was just downright impossible! She couldn't even think straight.
"You haven't won just yet, Sentinels. You will need more to defeat Glatisant, let alone the rest of the dark magic lingering here," Vorkalth spoke in a dark tone, though there was a hint of amusement in it. As if he liked to watch this new generation of Sentinels struggle, finding their way through an unfamiliar world with unfamiliar powers. All of this was just the beginning of what the dark shaman was truly capable of. Several of his plans had already been set in motion, and they would each come to fruition with the passage of time, one by one. There were only a few reasons why he hadn't killed the Sentinels personally yet. For one, his powers hadn't returned enough yet for him to step out of the Underworld. For another, he had creatures to do to his bidding. And lastly... perhaps there was a part of him that hoped they would stay alive long enough to watch the end of days. To watch their world crumble, watch the veil be torn asunder. And then he would personally kill them. One by one. And he'd enjoy every moment of it. Vorkalth laughed at his own fantasies, laughed at the Rangers' struggle. As the dark clouds faded again, Glatisant started to grow to his giant form.

Erin glanced up. They were all awfully close to the now giant Glatisant. Closer than they had been in previous fights and definitely a lot closer than she liked. "Oh shit oh shit oh shit they can do that here too?!" she called out. With the portal gone, could they even call for their zords? Could they even form the megazord in this era? Hell... what woud the people of any possible nearby settlement think upon first seeing a giant monster, and then next up a giant robot? They didn't even know what a robot was... Coming to think of it.... was the Megazord technically even a robot if their individual zords were actual living beings and nothing mechanical? Okay, now thoughts are getting weird there... Something with zords possibly being living beings, fitting into each other and morphing in an even stranger way than the rangers did to form a new creature.... with tiny creatures inside it. Thoughts like that were partially the reason why Erin hated kids. She really needn't explain that further, does she?

She put her hand over her heart, holding the Charm. "Igneos, Phoenix... if you can hear us, we need your help here in Avalon. Before Glatisant steps on Camelot and instantly ends the legends of Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table." Erin briefly glanced up, leaping out of the way and rolling into the forest as Glatisant decided to start walking. If he were to step on them... well, that'd be the end of their story and everyone would be dip sauce in a time before nachos.
"Igneos... Phoenix.... please!" Erin gripped her Charm tighter, with both hands even. After what felt like an eternity, the five portals opened and out came the zords. Thank goodness they all came from another realm that didn't get portals messed up! Phoenix dove sown, swooping Erin up into the safety of the zord's cockpit. Who said swooping is bad? At times like this, Erin sure was grateful for swooping. "Beasts combine," Erin said, initiating the combination sequence. Soon after, all where in the shared cockpit together. "Titan Megazord!" she called with the rest. hey look! They can see a castle from up here! And a village! And a lake. And.... more woods. At least they could now see where they'd have to walk once the battle was over!
"Right, let's do this again," Erin said, taking on a combat ready stance. Hopefully this would be good enough to defeat Glatisant's new form. They'd have to do with just the five of them, after all.
---
In the woods, the Gold Sentinel Ranger looked up at the giant Glatisant and the Titan Megazord. He rubbed his head over his helmet. "Good Lord, I didn't even know they could do that..." he mumbled before he demorphed and took a deep breath. There were many things he didn't remember, and things he wasn't sure of whether it were memories of a time long by or visions of things yet to come. Merlin had only told him so much before sending him out there, after all. He was aware Merlin knew more than he told him, and he was aware of the reasons. But how could he be of proper help if he only knew so much? Merlin had recently assured him his memories would come back with time. But how much time had passed? For now he decided it was best to just lay low. These Sentinels didn't know who he was, and until things got clearer for everyone, it was best if it would stay that way.

Glatisant and Gold Ranger were gone. But at least they all had a moment to breathe and just stay calm. A short fight, but a tough one... Lots of questions to be asked certainly. "I would have liked to have seen him too..." April said to Dylan. Really, that stranger should have stuck around to introduce himself to them all. Everything else about this day is unlike most days as Sentinels so why not add another layer of 'what'? Now to find Merlin. He'd act as their surrogate Fate and Novus while they're here so best to find him as soon as possible. Maybe try their hand at using their powers to find him? Can they do that?
As the sky grew dark and Erin fell in pain under the darkness, April once again went to her side, cape resting on the ground. "Erin?" She asked, listening to that evil voice once again. Vorkalth...gulp. It isn't over yet.

"Oh we are so going to mess your shit up!" April yelled up at the sky as the evil shaman told them of the evil lingering around them and the work they'd need to do. Then came giant Glatiant. April yelped and jumped back slightly, too close to the giant beast. Too close for comfort, too. Like when you get too close to that one customer that's just a little handsy after a couple of beers with their burger. She didn't verbally express her displeasure for the situation but she certainly shook enough to show she was on the verge of either screaming or screaming. Okay, both options are the same, but ya gotta picture the different screams!
Can they call the Beasts? Would that work here... And would they even become the big robot-thing-a-muh-jigger?
When the giant walked, she too jumped out of the way and hoped to some higher power they could call the zords. And in a matter of moments, they did! "Thanks, Ainya..." April whispered as she witness Hippogriff and the others arrive. She stood up, eagerly waving down Hippogriff as it swooped her up as Phoenix did Erin. "Nice to see you, girl," she said to her Beast once merged with it. it is a girl...right? She already forgot. As the five Zords combined ands April stood with the others again, she called 'Titan Megazord' with them, standing on her spot and inserting her staff.

What a view from all the way up in the cockpit! A castle! Camelot! So pretty!!!! "I wonder if my phone is here...I'd love to get a picture of that!" She noted before focusing on the task at hand with Glatisant. Agreeing with Erin that they'd need to do this quick and get on with their day. "Okay you big undead thing of evil, we're gonna kick your butt!" She said to GLatisant, kicking up with her leg and the megazord following her motion, kicking with the Hippogriff leg at the monster. Right at the gut!

Monster went boom!
The simplest way to put it, for sure. Satisfying as it was to see Glatisant blow up like others before him, the guys were hung up on the unknown Gold Power Ranger. A sixth Sentinel just walking around Avalon without their knowledge? As an obnoxious stand-comic would say, "SAY WHAT NOW?" For the others it was likely just as confusing. But questions and debates for the next move would have to wait. Of course it was just going to get more insane form this point forward. Erin fell to the ground as the sky fell black, the evil voice coming out of it. Clay puffed out his chest and Benji just stood cautious as April tended to Erin. Vorklath...what a creepy voice he had.
The reanimated corpse of the monster had arisen giant, too close to the Rangers. He began walking, the guys jumping out of the way with their friends. Benji managed to jump up into a tree...maybe his nature magic at play here? Clay just jumped aside. Great. Giant Glatisant was stomping around ad they were short five giant helpful beasts of their own. They didn't come through the portal with them so it was doubtful they'd come to their aid. Harnessing their power would be the thing to do. If they didn't have any help, they would have to rely on their power... "It's clobbering time," Grondo butted into Clay's mind. "You aren't just gonna sit back and watch are ya? Do something! Get the damn Gargoyle!" He added. Clay jumped at the mental intrusion. Why is his Spirit so....crude?
"In times of great need, you will always find your hybrid steed!" Sylvan said to Benji in his head. Clever...hybrid steed, the Centaur.

After moments of doubt, the Phoenix, Capricorn, Gargoyle, Centaur and Hippogriff arrived. Five portals opened, massive ones. Their huge companions came to them! Mysterious creatures, they are. "Yeeeehaw!" Clay called out and mentally fist bumped Grondo.
Benji swiped his brow and watched his hybrid steed ride though the portal. Sylvan's rhyming was weird but certainly helpful...
Centaur fired its bow at Glatisant before sweeping Benji form the tree top. Gargoyle just rampaged at Glatisant and harshly picked up Clay and merged with him. The five beasts combined on Erin's word and formed the big one. "Titan Megazord!" The guys called with the others in a shard cockpit, staffs in their slots. "So glad this thing came to us," Benji said. Glatisant needed to be put down. And they would do it without Gold apparently. And wow, what a view! The scenery was beautiful! "Wow, look at that view guys! I really want a painting of that!" Benji said. Clay snapped his fingers for him to focus. The kick dealt the first blow. Benji took it on himself to fire the bow weapon at Glatisant.
IN the blaze of sparks Clay lunged his arms out, the Megazord following suit and punching the monster. Were they technically acting along? Sort of....but under Erin, they'd win!

Dylan did a little finger gun, smoke blow off, move with his fingers. Which, now that he thought about it, looked kind of stupid when his lips couldn't be seen under his helmet. In any case, Glatisant lay defeated in their wake. Well . . . he "lay" in many places. A little of him here a little of him there, but he laid defeated nonetheless. The Gold Ranger still was nowhere to be seen. Dylan was actually going to suggest they all go after him, both to thank him and to seek a more formal alliance as the first other Power Ranger they've seen. Erin's visible pain though made that objective quickly disappear from his priorities.

"Erin!" Dylan rushed to her side. He pain only continued to increase. At first he thought they might have done serious damage to her when Glatisant made her into a shield but no, this was something else. Dylan only noticed the sky when Vorkalth spoke to them. Dylan appreciated April's spirited reply to the dread shaman's threat. He couldn't think of a response at the moment.

"If you flirt as good as you taunt, then maybe you'd be worth it?" Deluvian suggested.
"That doesn't really work as a threat and he would probably know that's you talking, not me," Dylan said.
"How would he know?" Deluvian asked.
"How many blue rangers have you helped fight him before me?" Dylan asked, rhetorically.
"Good point, lad," Deluvian said. The ubrupt shifts in tone and personality were entertaining at times, if frustrating in others. Which he supposed made sense. Still, Dylan did not forget the sheer scale of the enemy they were facing. Currently he was speaking across worlds and changing the weather. His resurrection of his servant to giant size showed only confirmed that Vorkalth's threat was not empty posturing but clearly communicated intent.

Dylan tried to help Erin up but she recovered pretty quickly. Essencia made adrenaline even more of a miracle combo of anesthetic and steroid. Now he just needed to worry about himself. Glatisant's footfall caused such a shutter of the Earth that rocks from a nearby hill almost crushed Dylan. He gripped his charm and called out to his zord. "Capricornus! We need you and your brothers! We need the Titan Megazord!" Moments later, portals opened up and the zords came stampeding out at the Ranger's summons. Capricornus practically glided across a great lake to reach his ranger. Dylan quickly boarded and combined with the others to form the Titan Megazord.

"Nice to be back in here right guys?" Dylan said. The sentiment was at least echoed by their appreciation of the landscape. While Dylan would love to appreciate it himself. Glatisant was not so occupied and Dylan blocked the monster's opening strike while Erin or April (he couldn't see which) followed with a kick. Benji then throw in a strike from the bow. "Nice shot!" Dylan said.

"Let's make this quick," Erin said. "We have an appointment in Camelot to attend to." The others were already making a nice start by kicking, punching, and shooting at Glatisant, while Dylan did a great job at blocking some of the incoming blows. However, he didn't block all of them. Glatisant once again proved his massive strength as he headbutted the Megazord. Erin, as well as the Megazord and all the others in it, staggered. She quickly gripped the staff to keep her from falling over. In the moment the Megazord staggered, Glatisant immediately attacked again, lashing its claws at them. Sparks emitted from the giant robotic being. Some sparks even got through to the cockpit. Yikes! Erin would give Benji a chance to shoot at Glatisant again before she'd move on to the next step. Once she was stable on her feet again, Erin reached out her hands as if she were grabbing the handle of a sword. Sure enough the bow transformed in its blade mode. Erin took a deep breath, feeling the Essencia flow through her body. She held her arms above her shoulder and slashed downward. Left to right. The sword followed the diagonal motion, leaving a gash on the huge monster. But it wasn't over just yet, it seemed. Glatisant roared, a sound she was sure the people of Camelot could definitely hear. Poor them over there... they must think the end of the world is nearby, with two giants fighting in the woods like this.

"Unacceptable!" Glatisant bellowed. "I will not disappoint the master." He jabbed at the Megazord with his spear. Hard. More sparks emitted from the robot. Dark magic lingered around the zords and made Erin's arm tingle again. She grabbed her left lower arm again for a moment. Being connected to everyone in the Megazord, and being connected to the very zords themselves, the pain wasn't as bad as it could be. It was a lot more tolerable. Erin shook her head and regained her focus, grabbing the sword once more.
"The only thing here that's unacceptable is Vorkalth thinking he can just corrupt the place and act like he already owns it!" Erin shouted back. Igneos' fire fueled her willpower and strength. And after giving everyone else a chance to say whatever they might want to say, or lay some more hurt on the gigantic monstrous hybrid of a being that was standing in front of them, Erin gave everyone a nod. "Right everyone, same deal as last time," she said in a leader-like tone. Her physical grip on the nothingness, and her mental grip on the Titan's sword tightened. Like before, she visualized all of their magic swirling around the blade. A balance of all five of the elements. "Titan Finisher!" she called out. "Elemental Slash!" She sliced the sword at Glatisant again, in the opposite direction as her initial attack. The blade glowed with everyone's combined magic. Glatisant went down in an explosion of sparks that miraculously didn't set the forest on fire. "Demon Destroyed." Erin felt out a small breath of relief now that yet another threat had been dealt with. And with this all over... it was time to disembark from the Megazord, send their friends back to wherever they lingered when they weren't fighting at their side, and find their way to Camelot! Now that they had seen the general direction of where they would have to go, it would make things a lot easier.

After having taken as many as a few steps in the right direction, the sound of beating hooves on the undergrowth neared them quickly. Four knights appeared and quickly surrounded them. "Halt!" one of them commanded. They too had seen the giant battle, and they were suspicious of the still morphed Sentinels. "By the decree of King Arthur we command you to--..."
Another of the knights raised a hand to silence him. "Easy, Galahad," he said. "I think these five might precisely be the people we were tasked to find."
"Aye, that they are," a to the Sentinels slightly more familiar voice spoke up. Merlin walked up to the small gathering from behind the knights.
"I hate it when he does that..." a third knight said. The fourth nodded in agreement.
"I can see why that is," Erin said, gripping her charm and demorphing, hoping it would put the knights at least somewhat at ease. This way they would know it were human beings, or at least things that looked like human beings that had come to their aid. Nothing strange to be afraid of. It was likely as surprising and startling as when Novus and Fate were talking into the Sentinels' minds. But Erin figured it might be wiser not to say that out loud. And putting the knights at ease with demorphing... seemed like she was wrong there too. Although Erin couldn't see their faces, she could just feel their shock upon seeing a woman emerge from that suit. Avalon had a fair share of powerful women and sorceresses, but supposedly this was a tad different.

"Now, shall we head back to Camelot?" Merlin asked, folding his arms behind his back and leading the way as if nothing had happened just now. Formal introductions would take place soon enough. First it was high time to get out of the woods and to the comfort of the Castle. They didn't want to keep Arthur and the other knights waiting, now would they? There would be plenty to discuss. On what was going on in Avalon, on how to best stop the threat Vorkalth posed... maybe they could ask about the shining sentinel knight... and perhaps Erin could speak to Merlin in private for a moment. The scar on her arm worried her. Erin glanced over her shoulder to her friends and smiled at them. No matter what, they would all be in this together. She also eyed the edge of the forest again, hoping to catch a glimpse of the sixth sentinel. Hopefully they would get a chance to meet him again and have proper introductions...
---
While the group said what they had to say and made their way off to Camelot, several beings watched them leave. One was small, the same tiny thing that had watched them arrive here. Pchoo... The tiny creature tilted its head. They fought scary things... He was a scary thing too, right? So would they come to hurt him too? Probably not, he hoped. Although he might be considered scary, he wasn't dark. The scary sky and bad voice from the clouds frightened him like it would frighten any innocent being.
Another one watched them more with a hint of amusement and curiosity rather than anything else. "Well ain't this going to be interesting..." he muttered to himself before disappearing into the shadows again. He had watched, and would continue watching until the time was fit to expose himself. Whenever that would be? He would decide that himself. But the chance was it would be soon. He laughed briefly to himself at his own thoughts.
The third one who watched them, however briefly, merely smiled to himself. Today had been their first introduction. More and longer introductions would soon follow. After all, they were all here for the same purpose. It was inevitable that they would meet again. The Sentinels were nothing like how he remembered them to be. Almost as if something had changed. He'd speak to Merlin about that, if he wouldn't figure out the truth himself earlier.

Thumbs up to Dylan on the compliment. Benji's shots with the bow weren't so bad, granted the aiming was largely in part to, as Sylvan said, his hybrid steed. He smirked under his helmet and then gasped as the giant they controlled was rammed by Glatisant's head, shaking them all around. IN the opening he had, he fired another shot at the monsters gut. "I've had enough out of you," Benji muttered to the beast and regaining his posture, letting out a breath. Clay had also gripped his staff to not fall over in the middle of things. This is getting insane already. "I'd say I was happy to be back in here if we could manage to stay on our feet for more than a minute or two at a time!" Clay responded to Dylan in a rather heavy southern accent. Purposefully hick!
Erin's leadership guided them where they needed to be. She was right, what's unacceptable is the evil shaman being all...evil. Forgive them both for not being the best when it comes to heroism.

"G'on now, g'on back to ya mammy!" Clay shouted at Glatisant, Benji tightening his mental grip on the sword. Together they focused with Erin, after all of the attacks on them they felt tired, the the Beats may have felt it, too, but they weren't desisting just yet. Five elements encompassed the blade, swirling around it and fueling it with their combined Essencia. "Titan Finisher! Elemental Slash!" The men said with Erin, slashing the sword down, the giant one doing the same. Finally the monster had been destroyed, and the Megazord towered over the forest, saving it form destruction. Avalon has been a wild ride thus far.
They left the Megazord and waved goodbye to the Beasts as they traveled back through their portals to wherever they called home. Onward to Camelot!

But just as they walked on...a convoy of horses stopped them. Hooves on undergrowth, horsemen surrounded the Rangers. "Gee, can't we get a break in this place?" Benji asked, sighing at the knights approaching them. Clay just hung his head as if to say 'I'm so done with this,'.
King Arthur sent these men, did he? Or are they just here under his general authority? Glancing around, both Clay and Benji hoped to find that Golden Sentinel among the men. But alas, they didn't see him. Unless he had demorphed...and his one of them? Maybe...maybe, just maybe. Speaking of that, they did the same as Erin and demorphed to show they were no threat. Just people. And the familiar voice and figure of Merlin brought Benji's mind to an ease. "Finally, Merlin, we have been looking for you...and getting distracted," he said. Finally, some guidance! Clay tipped his ha--....no hat.... can he go buy a hat later? Is there a hat he can wear? He'd like a hat.
But as Merlin said, to Camelot! Eagerly, the two men joined the rest of the knights and Sentinels. They walked...wishing they could ride on the horses with the four knights. At least offer to let the women, for chivalry's sake... But soon enough they'd be in Camelot and they can get started. Business as planned, and hopefully a less wild introduction to Avalon. One wondered how these knights saw the Sentinels...if they saw them as strange and dangerous, or hopeful and expected. This tale had only just begun.

Constitutions were tested when engaging in this massive thing. Dylan was right, it's cool to be in here and she did miss it a bit... but being so high gave her vertigo. April felt a tad bit on the nervous side whenever they were hit, barraged with attacks from Glatisant in a merciless manner, no doubt giving Camelot quite a show from afar as well as a nightmare or two. Two towering behemoths couldn't be a good thing to a place like this. At least where the Rangers are from, big towering things are just part of their life. Like, has anyone every been to the Empire State Building? Thing is massive! So is the super deluxe burger at her family diner. Two feet of pure beef and clusterfuck goodness. April clasped her staff tightly and held on as everyone was knocked around. Glatisant is more trouble than he's worth. "Shut up, you big piece of trash!" April retorted to the monster, snarling at him and joining her friends in the final attack. This is insane. And Erin spoke her thoughts. She lifted her arms, focusing intently on the sword. "Titan Finisher! Elemental Slash!" A diagonal attack crushed Glatisant hard, and April watched him go down. Victory! Nothing a little anger and focus can not accomplish.

April abandoned the massive Megazord and perfect view with the others, waving bye to the Beasts as they left them. A shame the Beasts can't shrink and be pets...think of how fun!
But those fun thoughts were cut short but the arrival of knights no horseback, making their appearance in the forest. April skidded to a stop at the sight of them...they didn't look nice...sure nobody can see their faces, but still! Not the point! April gulped and stood back cautiously as the one called Galahad spoke of the King. And out from nowhere came Merlin. They'd seen him before in the Coven, but on the scry and he was a lot smaller. At least now they'd found him! Or he found them. As her friends did, April un-transformed and clasped her hands together most ladylike. She curtsied at the men. Is that what women do here? She wouldn't say no to riding on a horse, though. "I'd love to go to Camelot. It will be great to finally get out of these woods and maybe have something to eat..." she said, holding her stomach. She knows they're here to work, but she built up an appetite.

Dylan's defensive measures evidently weren't enough and they were staggered. Dylan had to agree with Clay. Ranger rules of not escalating battles until the enemy forces them to meant that the only time they would be in the Megazord was when the shit had already hit the fan so very little time to appreciate the awesome size and might of the Titan. (And he meant "awesome" in the classical sense of the word. As in, "inspires awe in the beholder" not just shorthand for agreeable.) Luckily, Erin was able to help them recover through the use of the Titan sword. Dylan didn't say anything, but he did add an inward kick to Glatisant's inner thigh while Erin had the monster in a bind. Inexperienced (and bad) sword fighters never suspect an attack from anything but the weapon and especially don't mind their opponent's footing. His mistake. Dylan was glad that the Megazord offered such human-like dexterity despite its size. Joined with the others, Dylan shouted, "Titan finisher, Elemental slash!" And finished Glatisant once and for all.

As they neared the edge of the forest and were set upon by knights, Dylan was star struck once again. Actual knights! Men of God and chivalry! His wonderment only peaked when he heard a name uttered. "Galahad? Sir Galahad? Sir Galahad the Pure?" The one figure from Arthurian myth who Dylan's admiration for eclipsed all others. By the time Merlin finally introduced himself, Dylan was almost numb to revelation. It was one thing to have figures of myth co-exist with you, it's another to actually be in there company. Dylan couldn't wait until they got back to Camelot.

"How does that man know all of that?" Galahad asked his companions, lightly shaking his head. Truly... these five people had mysteriously shown up in the woods and apparently were acquainted with Merlin. And already they seemed to know an awful lot about the knights and Camelot.
"Wizards," the fourth knight said. A simple enough explanation, was it not? And let's be fair, with what they had just witnessed from afar, what other explanation could there be?
"Whatever the reason may be, I'm glad these people are on our side," the second one spoke, glancing up to the sky as if he were still trying to fathom having seen two behemoths battling here before. Made dragons seem a whole lot less scary, so all of a sudden. The third knight chuckled.

After a while the Sentinels, along with the four knights and Merlin, finally arrived in Camelot's castle. They had received a variety of curious looks from the townsfolk on their way, but now they were in the throne room of the castle at last. The four knights who had introduced themselves as Galahad, Tristan, Lancelot, and Percival led the Rangers to the throne, where King Arthur was waiting for them with a small smile on his face. "Welcome," he greeted them. "I understand your journey here was a rowdy one, but I am glad you could make it here safely."
Erin bowed politely. That's what you do when meeting a mythical king in a medieval-isa world, is it not? "When word reached us of your troubles, we saw no choice but come to your aid." Once again some rather strange looks were shot her way. Oh yeah, right, Erin had almost forgotten.... it was highly unusual for women in this time and era to have positions of power. They were expected to knit by the fire and be little damsels in distress. Ugh. But she did notice it was a little different with these people knowing the five of them had magical powers. Powerful sorceresses were a thing... Shame some didn't turn out too well. Erin eyed her friends. Even though she was the leader of the group, maybe it was wise to let one of them do the word instead? This seemed to be what Fate had mentioned before, about people not always being too eager to listen to a woman.

Arthur looked at his knights, smiling at them before politely dismissing them. The matters that would be discussed now weren't a thing for all to hear. And although he trusted his knights more than anything, it would be better to keep them in the dark until these Sentinels were more settled here and everyone had had some time to figure out just what in the world was going on. His uncle had only told him about the dark shaman today. Well... apparently before, but through things he did not understand, everyone in Camelot had forgotten about Vorkalth, his lackeys, and his capabilities.

"Now, I understand all of you must have many questions," Merlin said. "And I cannot promise you I can answer everything you're wondering, but I will try. So... are there any questions regarding Avalon or the things that are going on here?"
Arthur was the first to raise his hand. "So... to summarize what you've told me... Your old friend and mentor Novus, who is a fairy that had a brief affair with Morgana, send these five -- no offense -- here from another realm through a portal... and they have to defeat an evil sorcerer from the underworld, who's not even physically here... or at least they have to keep him from tearing this world apart. And if that does happen, worlds we've never even heard about will suffer the consequences of it too?" Arthur looked puzzled, clearly having a bit of a hard time to give all of this information a place.
"Indeed. Excellent summary, dear nephew," Merlin smiled and nodded. "But I asked my question to the Sentinels. After all, they're the ones who just traveled to another world they thought didn't even exist until recently."

Erin looked at her friends. She too had her questions... well... the most important thing she wanted to ask was something she'd rather discuss with Merlin in private, once the others asked what they wanted to know. Other than that... sure, there were still the questions regarding the golden knight sentinel, and about Novus' affair with Morgana. And apparently having been Merlin's mentor. How...?

The four knights along with Merlin to escort the five to Camelot were nice men. Noble, trustworthy, and....knight-y. Some greater curiosities ran across Ben's mind. Oh, maybe Benji will go by Ben here...for some reason he started debating going by it. Random, but an artists mind is always at a crossroads for anything expressive or outputting. He was curious about the people that stared them all down as they entered Camelot, the artistic style of the castle, statues and paintings he saw, so marvelous! His eyes were so wide while cruising to the throne room of King Arthur himself he thought he may go blind!
And Clay? Simple Clay wasn't even taking in the breath-taking area of Camelot...he was looking at hats! So many people they passed by were wearing cool hats! Where and when can he get one???

Then the five of them, really ten if you'd count the four men plus Merlin, arrived before the King. Benji and Clay bowed respectively like Erin did, careful not to upset the proper balance of things here. Everyone here looked funny when Erin took the lead and spoke for everybody. Women must not be regarded highly here as anything above damsels. This isn't going to be a problem is it? Even with everyone knowing that these five are no ordinary people?
"Your majesty," Benji said after a pause, "thank you for the welcome. Erin speaks the truth, we couldn't sit by while your realm needed help," he spoke to the King as proper as he could muster. He didn't know how to address a King, he had enough trouble talking to professors at school with such attitude! Speaking of proper...or rather improper...
"Darn tootin'. Fate told us very well how bad it is and is gonna git. Now where we come from is different, so forgive us if we don't know some of the rules 'round these here parts," Clay addressed the King. He sounded very friendly and nice, but he just didn't know how to talk so....not-southern. Maybe he comes off as a fool here, who knows. But he was honest.

So Arthur here is a bit on the confused side, too. He recapped what was going on as if the Legion and the evil stuff is just a story or a faint thought. Well to the Sentinels, everything is a story. Including here. Wait a second...
"I'm sorry, but...did you say Novus--the freaking fairy--had a thing with Morgana? Isn't she supposed to be like King Arthur's half sister or something? And evil?" Benji asked, hands up in the air. He may have been watching a lot of shows to learn about mythos. And BBC's series, "Merlin", taught him that...is it even true? Benji looked around frantically for answers.
"Novus taught ya, Merlin? Well I will be a son of a.... Anyway, what do y'all know about that there Gold Sentinel? He had these powers like we do," Clay brought up. He wanted to know about that if possible. And, later, where to get a new hat!

Ladies in Camelot were certainly dressed the same as April and Erin. Dresses with pretty designs, having to sort of pull up on the dress so they wouldn't step on the bottom of it as they walked. Camelot was beautiful, and April was more than stunned as they arrived with the knights and headed for the castle. "Reminds me of something my mom used to say. 'April May Brubeck, some day you are going to visit a castle and be a princess!'" April told her friends. That's right. Her middle name...is May. April May. Laugh it up, c'mon, ya know you want to. And she really is visiting a castle, but not as a princess. Unless she can be an honorary princess? That would be rad!

She walked into the throne room with her friends and the knights, along with the old wizard to meet a rather handsome King Arthur. She didn't know how old he was but dang, for his age if he's older he sure is fine!!!! She curtsied as the King greeted them, ladylike and well-met. She felt a tad awkward hearing Erin talk and have people look at her funny. Women being in control...different here. Hey, where the Rangers are from, women can do anything. Vote, fight in the army, run for office, and so much more. Here? Girls just sat back and acted like what you would see in a fairy tail. But not the happier lifestyle. She looked at her friends and made a face. Oh boy. Luckily she knows hot to talk to almost anyone, having worked in a diner for so freaking long.
"What we are trying to say is this evil threatens us all. Now we aren't exactly used to it either, your grace, but trust me when I say we are more than willing to help Camelot and honor its people," she said with another curtsy. Such a lady. April would have spit out her drink if she had been drinking one. Novus mentored Merlin and--by what Benji said--had an affair with an evil witch-sister of Arthur's? Yikes, that must make for some gossip. She had no question, for Clay asked it already about the Gold Sentinel.

Dylan waved at the townsfolk graciously. He wanted to put them at ease. To see that everything would be all right. That these newcomers were not enemies to be feared. Of course, the fact that they were here at all meant there most certainly was cause to fear, but Dylan thought it best to at least show the ones doing the saving weren't a part of that menace.

It might have surprised his friends, and certainly might have surprised the court, that Dylan did NOT bow to King Arthur when prompted as the others did. He kept his reasons to himself but would own up to them if asked. In fact, he was kind of hoping someone would. Still, when it came down to business, Dylan focused on the words of Merlin and Arthur.

"Whoa . . . way to go Novus." Dylan said with a smirk. "Merlin, I have a few questions. First of all, are you the leader of the Sentinel Coven in this realm? Does a Coven even exist here?" Dylan was sort of driving at the identity of the Gold Ranger who had saved them without spelling it out. If there was a Coven in Avalon, that's where this mysterious ally would have come from. Since Merlin was in contact with Fate and Novus in their world, it was only logical that if a Coven existed in Avalon, Merlin would be its keeper.

"Half-sister, yes. Evil? By God, no!" Arthur shook his head. He and his sister might not always see eye to eye... But evil? That's taking it a bit too far. As Arthur denied Morgana being evil, a brief expression of sadness crossed Merlin's face. He shook it off so quickly one might think it was just imagination. Whereas Novus had been his mentor, Merlin had taught Morgana the basics of the arcane. Which really made that brief affair a rather strange and uncomfortable situation. Merlin smiled at the questions coming his way. He decided to start with Dylan's questions by laughing shortly. "The leader of the Coven in this realm? Dear boy, there isn't even a Coven in your realm. It's a realm on it's own, separate from all others." Didn't Novus and Fate tell them that? Technically speaking, the Coven wasn't even connected to the Wheel of Eras. It was a relatively small realm and only those chosen could enter it. In case of the worst emergencies, the place could function as a sanctuary. Oh, but the little realm had quite the history of its own. Anyway... it's not a part of Earth. There's only one Coven "We do know of the Gold Sentinel, yes. His story is a... complicated one. We," Merlin gestured at Arthur before he paused for a moment. "Or rather, I, know the details of his origins. My dear nephew here only started recalling bits and pieces after I informed him of what's going on."
"I can speak for myself, uncle," Arthur gave the wizard a small smile. "I am still rather puzzled regarding everything that has been going on here recently, so I can only imagine how difficult it must be for Gawain to deal with this information..." Arthur fell silent, as if he realized he had said too much. Not that he didn't want the Sentinels to know the identity of their fellow other Sentinel... just that it was probably better if he had been the one to tell them himself. Merlin sighed.
"Difficult indeed," he spoke. "The poor lad doesn't seem to be aware time has passed since his arrival. He might think you are still the same ones as his old allies. Although he does seem to only vaguely remember them."
"So are those the visions he's always speaking about, then? And the reason why he's..." Arthur didn't finish that last sentence. He just looked at his uncle with a questioning look on his face. Merlin nodded in a silent reply.

"I have a question as well, Merlin," Erin spoke up. "But I'd prefer to ask it in private." She quickly glanced over her shoulder to her friends. Not that she didn't trust them... she just didn't want them to worry. Or want to seem incapable of leading the Sentinels. It already seemed to be an issue there were women putting up a fight... and one being a leader. Maybe Erin was just overthinking, but she had the vague thought that any sign of incapability on her end would make all of the Sentinels sem less credible. She had to prove herself, even more than usually.
"Very well," Merlin nodded, ignoring the frown on Arthur's end. Through his usage of his own Scrying Windows he had caught glimpses of the world where the Sentinels of this time came from. An era much more advanced than Avalon, where women taking on leading roles weren't as uncommon as they would be here. "I shall get to your question after I have shown you what we have learned of Vorkalth's influence as of now."

Merlin gestured everyone to follow him as he walked out of the throne room through a hidden passage, down a staircase and into a hallway. Erin squinted. It was almost too dark to see anything here. It if was just a long, straight hallway it wouldn't be hard to find the end, but if there were more pathways... She could hardly see who was right in front of her, and when she glanced over her shoulder, the same applied to behind her.
"Sit Lux," Merlin snapped his fingers, and as he did, the hallway lit up with floating orbs of light, revealing a few dozen of passageways crossing through the one they stood in. An entire maze of tunnels underneath Avalon. So that's how Merlin got to the forest unseen! And it's probably also the reason they didn't take the same route back. These passageways didn't seem fit for armored knights on horses. Ever tried getting a horse to walk underground? The wizard led them through the tunnels, to a room of his own. At the very back of the line was Arthur himself, who, once everyone was in the room, also snapped his fingers. "Sit Nox." And just like that the lights went out.

Judging by the tree roots coming down from the ceiling, they were near woods again. What's that with magic users having underground lairs near trees? There was no time to ponder on that, for Merlin gestured to his own Scrying Window, showing Avalon. "Behold," he said. The Window showed forests shrouded in darkness, it showed people from villages arguing, it showed creatures with a generally darker reputation behaving just the way the dark prejudices described them to do. The darkness spread like an ink stain, and it wasn't slowing down. Wherever there was just the smallest shred of darkness, Vorkalths dark powers amplified it. Erin gulped upon seeing how fast the darkness was spreading, and how terribly this world was already being affected by it. Forests that had been shrouded completely started to wither, inviting a whole different kind of creatures to live among the trees... or what remained of it. Cue shuddering at what seemed the prefect scenery of an undead filled horror movie. "I really don't like the looks of that..." Erin said softly. "Since I presume time here and in our world doesn't pass at the same speed... how long has this been happening here?"
"Little over a fortnight," Arthur sighed and shook his head, sad to see the world that he knew slowly crumble. "And I do not know how much longer we have before this world is beyond saving."
"Your world will be saved," Erin said, once again full of determination even though her heart was filling with fear. "Vorkalth isn't going to win this. Not on our watch."

Curious notion. Arthur had mentioned somebody named Gawain. Gwain? Ga-wayne. However one pronounces that! April could say anyone's name but she had her share of odd times saying them when being a waitress and Brubeck's. She had referred to one too many nice Hispanic men named "Jesus" as the blessed holy figure. She can never remember that in Spanish, J's are sort of pronounced like H's. At least they were a forgiving people....
"Pardon me, but who's Gawain?" April asked. Really. Who's that? Another knight or something? Does he know something about the Gold Sentinel...that really shiny Sentinel...so shiny....

Novus' name being mentioned made her grin. Way to go on that fairy for hooking up with a girl! And not evil by Arthur's answer to Benji. Dylan posed a greater question about the Coven and she was fascinated by how it's a separate realm in its own. Kind of cool, when you think about it. If not confusing. Like said many times before, she isn't too great with this sort of stuff. She may even get some things mixed up and not fully understand. But she tries. April frowned when she overheard Erin ask Merlin to talk in private. She felt a little bad that Erin couldn't ask her question here and now. Had she said something that made her not trust her? What is so private, she wondered....
Playing the fair maiden role, she curtsied as Merlin asked them to follow him. Led to a dark series of tunnels didn't look promising. He isn't gonna scar them for life down there is he? Pitch black almost, incredibly hard to see. She grabbed Erin's arm to stay with her and not get lost down there. Merlin's....spell(?) had...shed some light on their situation and took them to his own personal room with a Scrying Window. Must be nice to have a secret means of transportation around here. April held her hands together and let the loose sleeves of hew dress flow elegantly, pacing herself slowly around, curtsying to Arthur again upon greeting him. Maybe she fancies the king, who knows? Or she's just a lady having too much fun in this pretty freaking dress. April's face fell pale as her white dress at the sight of things on Merlin's Window. If this would be their 'Coven' in Camelot so to speak, it wasn't lacking in the showing of morbid images. Darkness spreading, chaos reigning, people fighting...she shook her head. And this had been going on for two weeks? Crap! April sighed. She nodded in agreement with Erin. This world would be helped.
"Avalon....the place needs help. We'll do what we can," she said softly, promising her own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back