• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Power Rangers Sentinels

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

marorda

Oddball and author
PowerRangersSentinels.png

Several thousands of years ago, a shaman by the name of Vorkalth was the right hand and loyal advisor to a king of one of the greatest empires known to mankind. However, as has been proven many times before, power corrupts. As the king grew more powerful, he became more wary of his magical talented friend. Fearing Vorkalth would use his powers to claim the throne, the king listened to his friend's advises less and less, eventually even going as far as to accuse the man of treason. Shocked, angered, and perhaps also saddened by his friend's words and insolence, Volkarth prayed that his friend the king would come to see the error of his ways, and that he would be granted the power needed to guide him back to the right path. And it would seem as if his prayers were heard. Volkarth received powers far beyond what anyone had ever achieved. Vorkalth prove that the gods were very real indeed, and that he was their spokesman.

The king took the shaman back to his side, either having seen the error of his ways or being terrified of his friend's newfound abilities. Together they built a great empire and rules alongside each other. Their Empire knew prosperity and peace. But a shadow loomed over them. As time passed, the two started growing wary of each other again. Vorkalth had reasons enough to believe he would soon be accused of treachery again, and that execution would await him. The king assumed Vorkalth wanted to claim the throne. A battle ensued, one that was won by Vorkalth, who then ruled the empire as the ultimate leader.

He ruled until some very brave souls, shamans as well, dared to stand up to him and fight for the things they believed in, for a brighter future for the Empire. The battle was fierce and long, and none of the shamans survived. None, including Vorkalth. His mortal body was destroyed, but whatever happened to his soul remained unknown. That was, until he rose again and the cycle nearly repeated in full. It would seem Vorkalth could not be destroyed permanently, but merely be banished to the Underworld, where he would slumber and recover, only to rise time and time again.

Now... let's fast-forward to the present.

Welcome to Ebongrove, an ever-peaceful city along the American East Coast. The city is surrounded by the Witchwoods, a mysterious forest said to be haunted. Possibly by witches who were burned in the area in the time of the Salem Witch Trials. But besides the possibly haunted woods, there is nothing quite out of the ordinary about the city. Everyone lives perfectly normal lives. Nothing really ever happens.

But the peace is soon to be broken, and Ebongrove will be far from normal. Ancient, dark powers that have been slumbering for a long time have stirred their tendrils, about to wake up. This ancient evil will soon break free from the Underworld, ready to plunge the world into darkness and despair. All that will stand between the evil hordes of Vorkalth and his Legion and the peace and safety of the world will be the new generation of Sentinels, young heroes chosen by Fate. The Charms have lit up, the Essencia within them having found a compatible match. Soon the Charms will find their new Sentinels. Those chosen will have a long journey ahead of them before they master their powers and are ready to defeat Vorkalth. Here is to hoping they will accept their destiny.

(Reader chat for questions/comments and chat with the players can be found here: Fandom - Power Rangers Sentinels Reader Chat)

Last edited:
Tale 1: As Fate Foretold
@PenBlade1326@Steel Accord@Lady Insanity

We're live~! Power Rangers Sentinels has begun :D

(also... I know this first post turned out longer than I planned, kinda XDD Also, Lady... Feel free to make your character Erin's Roommate :) )

Tale 1: As Fate Foretold

Ablaze. The sky was on fire, or so it seemed. Colored in shades of red, orange, and yellow. Under any other circumstances it would likely have been a rather beautiful sight. But like this... it was still pretty, in a way. Were it not for that unsettling feeling of looming danger and utter doom that had settled itself in my stomach. Footsteps echoed between the darkened walls. Pretty damn sure they weren't mine, but whose could it be? Is it strange to say I feel like I've heard those particular footsteps a thousand times before? Not that there was anything special about the sound, like a limp or a jump... It was just familiar.

The blazing sky is high above me. Below is just the cold floor of smooth stone, with the mosaic of a five point star embedded in it. Somewhere here in these walls, there's a door. I've seen it before, I think. But I never passed through it. Not that I can remember, anyway. Perhaps another time. What I do know is that somewhere around here, there's supposed to be a staircase, leading up to... not the sky. Just... something above. Meh, I don't know. If only I could move... But I can't. Again. Just what the heck is this? Am I paralyzed? Being held down? I can't see anyone doing it so... Another thought... Am I, maybe, dying? Too severely injured? It would explain the numbness in my body. If only I knew what the heck was going on. All I know is that I can't move, something's approaching, the sky is on fire... and a doomy thing. This really, really sucks.

~~~

Erin shot up. That dream again. Not quite a nightmare, but not quite pleasant either. Just... odd, that's all she could use to describe it. An odd, recurring dream. She couldn't even remember when this dream started. At some point she had it, and it just came back every once in a while over the course of several years. The difference this time? That unsettled feeling in her stomach remained. Erin simply decided to blame it on the nerves. She sighed and briefly shook her head. In all her travels, all those years spent everywhere around the globe... Nowhere she had ever seen anything that resembled what she had seen in her dream. Taking a deep breath, Erin let herself fall back on her bed.

It had only been a couple of days since she arrived here, in Ebongrove, quite literally having flown in, to start college. Hence the nerves, she thought. Perhaps some more certainty in her life, at last. No more moving around every two years or so, no more international grade- and high schools, no more having to switch friends. At least... not until after college. Knowing herself, she'd probably move away to some other place when she graduated. But that should take more than two years, right? And who knew... perhaps she'd find reason to settle for a much longer term. This was probably the biggest downside of traveling so much. You don't quite know what you want to do with your life. At least, not in Erin's case. Sure, she had "found herself" back in Thailand... And that conclusion was: "I am a hopeless mess of a person with little to no direction." Perhaps she'd find a purpose, or some sort of direction here, in Ebongrove. The city proved to be interesting enough, for sure. Plenty of old buildings, and new buildings in perfect harmony, kind of like Kyoto (and Tokyo, etc.), minus the whole Asian flair. And on just a short walk from the outskirts: a big lake, and on the other side a big forest. Plenty of local legends to those Witchwoods. Her father would love this place, for sure, being as interesting in mythology and the like as he was. That, and all sorts of things from the past being dug up again. Ah, archeology. Erin found it rather fascinating as well, but to make that her job for the rest of her life? Why couldn't adventuring and traveling just make a lot of money instead of cost a small fortune?

Erin sleepily rolled over to her side and glanced at the alarm clock. The summer vacation was nearing its end. The tourists would leave, college would start again, and daily life would proceed in its perfectly normal and ordinary way. A little dull, maybe, but calm and peaceful. Here, her new and perfectly normal life would finally start. She didn't know a soul yet, but that would surely change when college started. Maybe a little earlier, if her roommate were to arrive anytime soon. Erin was pretty confident she'd be a rather... interesting person. With her unique mixture of characteristics from all around the world... Or they'd think she's a show-off and hate on her. The chances were 50-50. Ah well.... Time would tell sooner rather than later. For now... for now it was high time she'd get her ass out of the bed before she'd grow roots and be stuck on it forever. Time to go outside and explore the city for a bit. Maybe... maybe she'd go out for a hike in the woods. She would see.

---

Deep below the surface of the world known to mankind, something evil stirred in the ink-black shadows. A dark presence, awoken once again. It started with a faint glow, two faint red spots slowly growing brighter and brighter, like embers finding new fuel. The spots made up the eyes in a skull as old as time. "Aaah..." the voice was still croaky, raspy... dry and cold as the grave. Any voice would sound similar after sleeping for the odd couple of centuries. "Finally I have awoken again. And this time... Yes, I can sense it... This time is the time." A darker tone, an earth-shattering rumble started coming through the croaky sounds. Vorkalth could feel it within him, burning in the depths were once his soul should have been. His power was returning to him. It always was, and it was always stronger than before. But now... this was different. He felt a power within him he hadn't felt in a long time. Vorkalth was stronger than ever before. Perhaps he would soon be strong enough to breach the surface and assume his old form and rightful position. This was the Time of Prophecy. The time where the chances were high he would at last be stronger than those cursed Sentinels who stopped him time and time again. He raised his hands, chanting in a language long lost and forgotten. The dark hideout lit up, revealing the cobwebs and dust, the stone armies of Spawners and members of the Legion, waiting for their time. And that time... that time was now. "Rise!" he thundered, his magical essence spreading through the Caverns awakening the waiting Spawners, as well as Nenet and Avlazor, his loyal generals. "Our time has come at last!"

---

"Hmm... curious, most curious I'd say. Wouldn't you agree with me?" a pair of purple eyes belonging to an extraordinary figure glanced to his companion. A companion who merely looked back at him, shook her feathers and tucked her head under her wing.

"You're quite boring, as of late," the male voice concluded with an almost audible and dramatic sigh.

"I am not. I am working much harder than you seem to be," a feminine voice replied calmly. "Shouldn't you be preparing?"
Silence returned to the darkness, and the figure whose hair matched his eyes glanced back to a large window. A window that was about as extraordinary as he himself seemed to be. It didn't show the world directly outside, but more rather a broader world outside. Perhaps more worlds, even, that was rather hard to tell. One thing was sure, or a few things, actually. Both he and his companion had felt it. A change in the very atmosphere of the world. Something had stirred in the Essencia flowing through each and every part of the universe. A slumber had ended, something dark had awoken. Neither of the two had to think twice to know who that was. But this time... This time the change they felt was unlike the many other times that came before. Something was different. They just couldn't quite place what it was.

Last edited by a moderator:
(aiming to get this right so I hope I'm not wrong with Nenet or Aprils timing.  roomies!)

The day had only just began.  A new school year was beginning and she wasn't about to miss it.  The figure-skating team's first meeting was in two weeks, plenty of time to get settled on campus and get associated with classes.  Also, that time frame would be easy to figure out with balancing work.  April living on campus meant she'd have to travel a little further to go to Brubeck's for work with the family, but she could manage.  

Navigating through the halls of the dorm building was an easy task.  She'd done it two years prior, anyway.  And she always managed to get in the same building. They never thought to put her elsewhere.  She could have joined a sorority, but why bother?  All they do is drink and party.  When they aren't busy sleeping with half the guys on campus.  Thanks but no thanks.

April's room was just down the hall form her current location.  She wore a pair of jeans, vans, and a pastel pink and white striped t shirt.  Her hair was...well, clean.  Not fixed, but definitely clean.  Seriously, someone should smell it!  Strawberry goodness!  She rested her suitcase on the ground to answer a text she'd received.  

"Hey sis.  Don't die, get raped, or get kidnapped this year, okay?  I'd hate to have to identify your body."  Her brother had jokingly sent.  He wasn't an advocate of those things, but he sure sounded like it when it came to his sister.  She rolled her eyes.

"Oh I'll be fine.  Now shouldn't you be manning the grill?  Burn another patty and dad will have your head.  And hold your paycheck."  She replied coyly.  

"Thanks a lot.  Bitch."

"Love you :3"

"Love you, too. :)"

Why is it that texting your siblings always results in someone being called names?  No matter how old ya get...

April approached the door to her new room.  (assuming Erin hadn't left, if I'm reading it right in Mar's post)  Not knowing or testing if it was locked, she just inserted the key that housing provided her with.  She turned it in the slot and let herself in.  Opening the door, right away she could see one side of the room had already been taken.  Looks like she has a room mate.  Turning her back to the door and pulling her luggage inside, she called out.  "Hi!  I'm April, looks like I'm your room mate.  Are you here?  Whoever you are?"  She called out, her head facing the door as she closed it behind her.  She didn't notice if anyone was in here or not.  So either she had just introduced herself to her room mate, or they were gone and she was just talking to herself.

---

The feeling of a swirling dark sensation echoed throughout the shadow realms of her mind.  The feeling of being preserved in a stone-like state for Devil-knows how long (see what I did there?  Devil?  cause evil? xD) snapped things into perspective.  Her eyes lit up like flame, her body surging with life, the sounds of awakening Spawners.  Oh, could this be the Time of Prophecy?  Nenet's body fueled with darkness and life, coming to its full strength.

Her arms swung around, her fingers wiggling wickedly.  She gasped.  "Ahhhhh!  It is out time indeed!"  She called out to the voice of her master.  Vorkalth.  The two red eyes homed in a skull as old as time acted as her visual on him.  His form was too great to be shown now, he needed to regain power.  The Legion would surely soon take the surface, allowing him to live freely once more as he should.  "The Time of Prophecy is upon us.  And the dreaded Sentinels must now be centuries dead!"

Trade school was funny.  It operated on the Ebongrove's college campus, though it wasn't technically a part of the college.  Like how some food joints are on campus but everyone in town uses them.  Benjamin decided to show up for supplies today.  Art classes required a lot of sketch pas, pens, brushes, canvas, clay, tools, and charcoal.  Art materials weren't cheap either.  And since it isn't a part of the college official, financial aid isn't a thing for trade school here.  Hooray.

Benjamin found himself outside of the school store, a list of supplies on his phone at the ready and a wad of cash in his pocket.  He glanced around the area, campus booming with people as per usual.  There was a cool chill in the air, the air crisp and relaxing.  "I like it here.  But I'm soooo glad I'm only in trade."  He said to himself awkwardly, quietly walking into the store.  (not very interesting of Benji xD)

Clay arrived in one of many parking lots o the campus.  Two husky pups were in a large carrier in the passenger seat of his Ford F-150, parking and whining slightly.  His family breeds puppies, and a man around his own age had requested two.  Might as well just bring him since he was going to check out a derby in town later anyway.   His eyes scanned the lot as he put it in park.  "No sign of the guy yet, I don't see that red Chevy anywhere..." he thought aloud.  He glanced down at the pups in their carrier.  They were cuddling!  Clay smiled softly.  "Now listen here, ya cute lil pups.  Your new owner sounds like a nice man.  He and his roommates just can't wait to meet you.  I know you'll be good for 'em.  Right?"  He asked, a smooth southern accent taking hint.  Of course they couldn't understand him...or could they?!  No, they can't.  They're puppies.

---

Alvazor felt...different.  Instantly awakened after what felt like a millennia of slumber and imprisonment from those awful Sentinels.  Not the brightest in the Legion, but one of the strongest.  Spawners were awakening, roaring and filling the area with a harsh cry of war, death....and chaos.  Delightful!

He looked around, Nenet waking and looking at red eyes in a skull.  His master!  The Time of Prophecy!  "We are now!  We are awake!  We are to be killing soon!"  He said.  He was a simple being... not stupid, but not the brightest.  he was a hardened warrior, not a philosopher anyhow.   

Ethan was bouncing in his seat like a two year old. He was ready to be home again. Well, "home away from home" but home nevertheless.

"Ebongrove station. Now pulling into Ebongrove station." Said the conductor over the intercom. Ethan grabbed his bag from the overheard but he wasn't careful and the bag fell on his head. He laughed and blushed.

"I'm okay! I'm okay everyone." He said to that people around looking at the source of the commotion. His blushed faded as he exited the train and saw his grandparents. The three of them shared a loving and warm embrace.

"Oh my baby's boy, you look so handsome."

"You're growing into a strong man. Give them guns a flex." He did and his grandpa pretended to hurt his hand which made Ethan laugh.

"What's that book you got there?" Grandma asked.

"Sigurd or Siegfried. It's about a hero who slew a dragon." Ethan explained.

"Wasn't that St. George?" Asked Grandpa.

"Different dragon slayer, but yes." Ethan laughed.

(you're good, Lady. Just a thing: yes, the old Sentinels are long dead, they're all aware. Just that every time they arose again, new Sentinels had taken their place. Time of Prophecy is something that will in detail be explained a little later, but it means this is the first time (since the original time) they are (possibly) stronger than the Sentinels. Chances they'll win are bigger now :3 )

A voice calling out in the room caught Erin's attention. She was just readying herself to leave in the small bathroom. The voice introduced herself as April, her roommate. Nice! The few days she had spend here on her own had been rather... quiet. Hmm... maybe heading out into the town would have to wait for a little. First some chatting with her roommate. Erin doubted the girl who had only just arrived here would feel like heading back out in town, anyway. Or maybe she would, and April could show her around. That is, if April was from this city anyway. Erin had absolutely no idea. She poked her head out of the bathroom. "'Ella!" Erin called. "I'm Erin. Nice to meet you." She tied her fiery red hair into a ponytail and sat back on her bed to put her shoes on. "Need any help unpacking?" she offered kindly while seizing her new roommate up. Seemed like they were about the same age. Then again.... wasn't everyone in college? Erin hoped he and April would get along. After all... being roommates did mean they were more or less stuck together, no?

---

"Well then... We know what time it is. Best properly prepare, no?" the male voice asked.

"I have already done my share of the preparation a long time ago, my friend,"  the female voice answered. "I do it again and again with each passing generation. It's called taking precautions."

"Oh blah blah," the figure rolled his purple eyes.

"At least I am ready," she retorted, eyes lighting up briefly. "Now, shouldn't you be doing something useful?"
The male sighed and snipped his fingers, a light appearing in his hand, spreading through what had been their hideout for centuries. Light increased, spreading not only light but also a pleasant warmth of a summer breeze, filling the area. Nearby trees grew their leaves back, old magic filled the air with its essence. Small gusts of wind swept away the dust and cobwebs, cleaning the hideout known as the Coven. Now, the only thing still surrounded by bright light was a figure in the room. When it faded, the purple eyed and haired figure was gone. In his place stood a young man with curly black hair and green-greyish eyes.

"There. I'm done,"  he spoke, turning to a large owl. "Any more comments?"

The owl remained silent and turned its head towards a corner of the Coven, where five gemstones shimmered with magic. "Shall we?"

"Not just yet..." the young man briefly shook his head.

---

Vorkalth gazed at his generals and the army of Spawners as one by one they awoke. All seemed equally relieved to be freed from their stone prisons, moving freely again for the first time in centuries. Time had touched none of them, and all were ready to fight. If he could, Vorkalth would be smiling. Generation after generation, those chosen as the Sentinels had stopped them, had sent them back to their dark prisons before their plan could come to completion. This time it would be different. The damned fairy and his companion, as well as a new generation of Sentinels would not be able to stand a chance against them. His powers would come back in full at last. "My generals, Spawners," he called. "Soon the mortal world shall be ours. But first... first we need to gain more knowledge and regain our powers. We do not yet know the world we have woken up to." Every time they woke up the world was nothing like the time before. The only things that remained unchanged were the color of the sky and grass. The tiny things. But the people, their cities, their possessions... everything was ever changing. Like his power, everything was greater with each passing time.

The main thing that would be different this time, however, (besides them having more power than before) was that the Time of Prophecy meant one more important thing: at last they would face him, the Son of the Archon. A descendent from their first enemy. This time their battle would settle everything once and for all. A war started before time had even begun would be settled at last. And they would reign victorious. 

The bookstore wasn't as bad as Ben thought it would be.  Not hectic as hectic gets, but not empty either.  People buying books last minute before the year started and all, but at least nobody seemed absolutely insane over getting that Calculus textbook they may or may not ever even use.  People and textbooks.  If they were smart, they'd wait until classes started so they could just see if the professor or syllabus tells them exactly how much the book will be used.  After all, why spend 200 dollars on a book that might get opened one time just to look up a definition in the back you can't find on Google?

But the beauty of trade school for art?  Nothing but art supplies were needed.  Sure there was an online reference book, but it was online.  And free!  

Benjamin was out of the store in five minutes, having everything he needed and more so.  A few other things just for him, really.  He didn't need the crafting materials, like string, wiring, beads and whatnot.  That was for him!  Just a few simple things he planned to do for some kids at the orphanage he was raised in.  He still lived there, but more as a staff person now.  Unofficially working there, in a way.  

But the day was still young, so why not walk around a bit?  See what he's really missing.  Strapping his bookstore bags over his forearms, he walked around the college, taking in a big whiff of fresh air.  And a minor scent of a sewer line.  Ew.

The vehicle Clay was looking for just pulled in.  He got out of his truck and met the man he was to meet, exchanging pleasantries before getting to business.

"I've got the puppies right here in my truck, along with their papers, and a little note my mama wrote on caring for them.  Just little things like stuff they like to eat and such."  He explained to the guy.  He nodded.  "Sounds good to me.  Again, I really want to thank you all for selling them to us."  The man said gratefully.

Clay smiled and retrieved the pups in their carrier.  "It ain't no problem."  He said, the pups getting a little riled and crying quietly/nervously in the carrier.  He set it on the hood of the truck.  "Ohhh they're even cuter in person!" Said the buyer.  Clay grinned.

"Yep, they sure are beauties, I'll say."  Clay agreed.  The man handed Clay a check for the money to pay for the puppies, Clay exchange it for the papers and everything.  "Now they've got a couple of blankets they're sitting on and a few toys from home.  Enough to make them comfortable in the new home they're gonna have."  He told him.  The two men went over some basics for the pups before eventually parting ways.  A firm handshake, quick goodbye to the dogs, and off he went.  The man took the puppies to his car and drove off, taking them to their new living home.  And as for Clay?  He stuffed the check in his glove box and locked the truck up.   Figured somewhere on campus had to be a place to eat.  His stomach felt as if it were about to implode from hunger.  He walked around in search of somewhere to eat, in the mood for just about anything edible.

---

Avlazor nodded to his master.  It had been far too long since he'd moved or drew breath.  Since he'd tasted blood of an opponent in battle or felt the crushing of bone.  "People change every time we rise.  We need to know how they fight, how they take care of themselves."  Avlazor said, inputting on the matter of studying the world and gathering information.  Being a warrior, his first instinct was to gather how their modern battle masters worked.  That is, if the mortal world hadn't grown soft.  Humans were like that.  Liable to get lazy and turn to talking things over, even dropping their warriors for peacekeepers.  Pathetic.  

"How do we get information?  We not very human like."  He said.  Broken English much?  He wasn't illiterate or anything, just sometimes he could be a bit...brutish?

April jumped, her back still turned as a voice called 'ella' behind her from the bathroom.  She grinned and chuckled at herself for being so easily startled.  She turned around to face a girl who'd introduced herself as Erin.  "Nice to meet you, to, Erin."  She replied softly.  April wheeled her luggage over to her side of the room and plopped it all down on the bare mattress of her bed.  

The offer to help her unpack was rather sweet of Erin.  "Oh, thanks for the offer!  But I doubt you really want to sift through my boring stuff, my secret stash of those rainbow Twizzlers and my underwear."  She said, a smile cracking on her face, brushing the hair out of her eyes. She turned once more, getting a good look at the fiery redhead roommate of hers.  

"Ohhhh hey I love your hair!  The color really pops!  It's like fire!"  She said.  Really, Erin's hair is beautiful!  She'd met a few redheads in her day but damn, this girl's hair was on point.  Gee, hopefully that compliment didn't sound too girly.  And hopefully she wasn't off to a bad start with this girl already.  She didn't even unpack yet and already she felt like she was being weird.  If she's gonna live with her, she'd rather they be friends or at least cool enough with one another to live in peace and not have to celebrate each time one has the room to themselves.  And if this girl was nice enough to offer to help her unpack, she surely seemed like a good roommate type already.

---

Nenet breathed with eagerness and delight.  Every time they rose from their stone prisons, the mortal world was different indeed.  Society was an ever changing thing and nobody ever knew how to grasp a hold of it to keep it consistent.  One thing she hated about humans?  They're so quick to let go of tradition and old values and move on to something pressing and stupid.  One of many reasons they need to be dominated or destroyed.

Avlazor's suggestion was good, but clearly Nenet's was better.  Not to be petty or competitive.  Vorkalth needed the best minds right now, not muscle.  Although if and when those Sentinels show up, he'll be needed.

"Ooor we can first study on the humans' minds.  As strong as our warriors may be, we're no good against the humans unless we can understand the society.  Their leaders, their governing system.  I propose we should first gather information on the structure of society.  Although I will gladly lend my aid to any plan of action you have, Vorkalth."  But of course, Avlazor had a point.  They can't just walk around up in the mortal world.  How will they get this information?

Then another thing hit her mind.  "Ohh, or we combine the efforts for information on societal structure and how humans fight now.  If so, perhaps we can be led straight to the Son of the Archon.  Before he's at full strength!  Get the advantage."

Ethan slung his backpack over his shoulder and clutched his gym bag in the other hand. He waved goodbye to his grandparents as he walked on to campus. He was directed to the dorm room he'd be staying at. He dropped off his clothes and living essentials and proceeded to the orientation hall.

(alright, looks like we're already getting there, but just to be sure: make sure all the characters are (for one reason or another) somewhere outside. We'll need that to kick of the story for real ^_^ )

(Also @Steel Accord : you had changed the character's name, remember? From Ethan to Dylan, for pun's sake XD I told you in the PM too. And just one more thing: could you please make your replies a little longer/interact more with the rest if possible? Not to be critical, I'm just used to the longer posts XDDD)

Erin chuckled at April's remark. "Fair enough. Are those Twizzlers really as good as they claim them to be, by the way? Never had one in my life."  She sheepishly scratched her neck. She might have been born in America, but the amount of time she had spend here was easy to disregard. She was a toddler when her parents moved away. Then again, and again, and again. It had been about seventeen years since she had lived here in the USA. And you usually don't feed toddlers a lot of sugar, sooo... Nope. All of that Sweet American Goodness... never quite had the taste of it. She grew up on stroopwafels, mochi, lots and lots of fruit, liquorice, biscuits.... Lots of sweets from all over the globe. Just... no American, as weird as it might sound. Sure, some candy stores in other countries sold American candy, but that was WAY overpriced. Almost $3 for just one candy bar? Thank you, but no thank you. For those same there dollars she could buy herself 60 stoopwafels, assuming she'd get the cheapest brand they had in the Dutch supermarkets. April's voice pulled Erin's mind back to the present. "Hah? Oh, thanks,"  Erin grinned, flipping up her ponytail. Her hair was always the first thing people noticed about her. No surprise, considering it made her look as if her head was on fire. "Say, you from around here?" Erin asked after a few moments of silence to give April at least some time to unpack the main nessecities.  "I really just arrived here a few days back, and I've been craving to head out and explore. Got no idea where the heck to start though... Oh, and with 'here' I meant Ebongrove as much as the USA, in case you wondered," Erin grinned again. Hopefully her new roommate could and would be willing to show her around the place a bit. So far, Erin had just stuck to the campus. And not much interesting was going on there now that the bigger part of the students still had to get back.

----

Vorkalth tapped his fingers together under his cloak, concealed in the darkness still. He faintly nodded at the input of his generals. Both made excellent points here. They had to know the people, their society, the ways they fought if they did still. Only then they would know the best course of action to reclaim a world that belonged to them. He remained silent, a plan brewing in the depths of the skull. "Nenet, work your magic. Ensure we have a window to view the mortal world, and prepare a minor portal. Avlazor, prepare the Spawners for battle. We might not yet be strong enough to breach the Veil that separates the worlds, but a weaker force such as the Spawners might just be able to." The window would grant them a view on the world they had woken up to, enough to view the world, its societies, the structures they lived in, all while remaining unnoticed themselves. And by sending Spawners, their weakest yet effective force, they could see how the humans would fight, how they would react to a presence other than their own, one they had for a long time likely disregarded as something in storybooks alone. That probably was no different from the last time.

---

Soo enough, when everyone was outside for one reason or another and on or near the college campus. Down in the Underworld, the preparations had passed. A portal, black as the night, opened and Spawners came pouring out. The grey creatures gave off somewhat of a frog-like appearance, but the stench they face away, like an open grave, gave away something much darker being hidden from sight. Clothed in rags, amber eyes flaring with hatred, they kept pouring out, causing chaos in their wake. People quickly started screaming, running around in blind panic as the mounstrous beings chased them down the streets with their weapons. While in the Underworld Volkarth laughed, and in the Coven the two beings hoped for the best to happen soon, the people of earth were terrified, only able to wonder what these beings were and where they had come from. Was this the end of the world? Were they all going to die?

April playfully gasped.  "You've never had a Twizzler?  Do you ever have snacks during a movie in the theater?"  She asked Erin softly, grinning.  Twizzlers are delicious!  April unloaded some basic materials, setting them out in random spaces, not really organizing anything yet, just getting it all out.  Like she's really going to keep her toothbrush on the nightstand.

She took a moment to get a few things in order, thinking about the semester and how it would go.  Classes seemed okay this semester, but they were all in different buildings.  At least she'd get one Hell of a workout every day.  By Christmas, she might be the skinniest girl on the planet with the most toned calves ever.  Yasss.  Erin's hair really was gorgeous, on a side note.  The compliment was met as a normal one .  Whew.  Off to an okay start!

Made sense Erin didn't know the city well.  She was probably--no, she wasn't from around here. She said so herself.  Ebongrove as much as the USA?  "I'm guessing the family travels a lot?"  She asked curiously, putting her bed set on the mattress for later, still folded.  Simple white sheets with a purple comforter, and a light pink blanket.  Cozy as hell.  April grinned at Erin.

"Sure, I can show you around.  I've lived here my whole life, working in my parents' diner.  C'mon, I'll show you the basics of Ebongrove."  She said softly, smiling and giving her an inviting gesture.

---

Nenet nodded and bowed before her master.  "Of course, Vorkalth, as you command."  She said.  She let out a wicked snicker, tapping her fingers together.  For being stone for centuries, they were already nimble, flexible little devils.  Perfect for the insane hand gestures one has to perform for certain spells and rituals.

In order to prepare a window and a portal respectively, she would need but two things.  Focus, and a little bit of blood.  Just so happens, she has a lot of blood.  Collected from the past few centuries, the past in which they hadn't been turned to stone yet again.  Blood from various sources, and specially enchanted jars to keep it fresh and moist.  A nice vibrant red color.  Delightful.

First, the window.  She knelt before an alter, praying to the wicked gods and goddesses for strength, chanting a mumbled sort of recital.  Dark purple energy surrounded her, her eyes glowing, head snapping up.  "Oh mighty wicked ones, grant us the sight, grant us a vessel through which we may see the mortal realm!  Allow us to view our rightful home!"  She chanted, arms flung up in the air.  Sadly, this required a sacrifice.  A nearby Spawner had suddenly burst with magic, transforming into a large window, freshly placed on the wall.  Magic worked oh-so...strangely.  She hissed at the death of the Spawner, but such sacrifice is needed.  

Now the portal.  Performing the same feat, she knelt again.  "Now, oh mighty wicked ones, allow our forces through, slip them through the cracks in the Veil that sunders us!"  She chanted.  Soon enough, there was a portal, dark purple, granting their Spawners access to the mortal world.

---

April led Erin out of the dorm, locking it behind them, and making there way outside, attempting to make small talk on the way out.  "You'll like the city.  And the campus.  It's a nice place, lot's to do, lots of--"  April paused as they left the building.  What the....some sort of commotion in the front of the campus?  "What the heck...what are..." She asked herself, pausing with Erin.  Really, it's not usually like this...people were running, and weird....grey things were running around?  "Something's wrong....let's go see what it is."  She said to Erin.  "Not a lot happens here, but when something does...I swear it isn't this weird.  Let's check it out!"  She said, curious, if not a bit....cautious?  April, with or without her, ran up to the front of campus.  She shrieked, frozen at the sight of these...these monsters?.  What in the world are those things?  What the Hell is going on?!

(unsure if she should react differently, but feel free to correct that mistake and have her get grabbed xDDDD gotta learn, honey xD)

Avlazor snarled and nodded to his master.  "It will be done."  They'd been awoken not too long ago, and already the master was fired up.  Vorkalth wanted the human world to feel his wrath, and Avlazor wanted to feel bones crunching under his feet.

He turned to the Spawners as Nenet prepared a portal.  "Spawners!  We make the mortal world pay!  We make the mortals cry in fear and beg for mercy!  The humans will know our power, they will know the Legion!  No fairy will stop us, instead, we will EAT the fairy!  And any would get in our way!"  He rallied.  The Spawners raised weapons and growled, snarling like demonic thralls.  Oh wait...

As the portal opened and rendered them a way through, he motioned forward.  "Now go!  Go and kill the mortals!  Spread the fear and chaos!"  He commanded.  To his order, the Spawners crawled through the portal, slipping through the Veil and into the mortal realm, unleashing Hell.

He looked at Vorkalth and Nenet separately.  "When will Avlazor get to go kill humans?  When will we be strong enough?"  He asked, eager and villainous.

---

Benji (his preferred nickname) strolled around the campus, near the orientation hall.  It was big, wide, a little intimidating.  Too much for this particular art student at a trade school.  Being confined into one building, however, was saddening to him.  On such a huge area, limited to one building for his classes.  He could easily transfer into the college as a full time student, but he didn't have the time, what with the orphanage and all.  Granted it's the school year, so the kids go to school in the day, but even so, he's needed.  Mainly at night.  But...okay, these are just becoming excuses, aren't they?  

College is scary and pricey.  He's mildly timid and broke.  Case closed.

His bags full of supplies dangled from his arms, tightening the ends of his plaid long-sleeve shirt, his eyes glancing every which way.  Every...which...way.  Only not.  As he wandered, he bumped into the back of some guy (Dylan @Steel Accord).  He wasn't paying attention, just ramming this poor guy in the back, invasive.  "Oh, sorry man! I wasn't paying attention."  Benji apologized to the guy, not meaning to have bumped him.  The guy looked like he was going to the orientation hall.  Student, perhaps?

But before he could further say anything...something weird happened.  Slips of a...light?  From the slips emerged grey creatures, savage-looking...scary.  People started screaming, a commotion as these creatures ran around.  "What the Hell?!"  He exclaimed, jumping back slightly, not really sure what was going on....are these like demons or something?  What the literal heck?  How is he supposed to react to this?  Run like he wants to?  Or stay frozen and unsure?

Clay's stomach growled louder than a tiger in heat on a tiger dating app.  Someone call Shark Tank, he just invented eTiger.  That'll be a thing one day, y'all know it and heard it first here.  He rubbed his stomach, hungry and looking for a good meal before he heads back home.  He adjusted his hat, a stereotype of a cowboy hat, so that it blocked sunlight from his eyes but kept that modern-day country swagger he had going on for him.  A couple of girls stared at him, ether judging his cowboy look or showing interest.  He couldn't really tell.  

His boots clung on the ground as he walked around, looking up and the huge buildings and tall structures all around him.  Sure was a change of scenery.  Different from the farm he lived on, that's the truth. But at least Ebongrove wasn't a weird city.  It wasn't loud, not full of stuck up city folk.  Just a nice, quiet--spoke too soon.

"Now what in tar nation?"  He asked himself as he neared the front of the campus.  People started screaming, running, and making all sorts of a ruckus.  He raised a brow and shimmied on over to the sounds of what sounded like hogs going into a slaughter house.  He widened his eyes at the sight of some....monsters?  "Ain't no critters like this where I come from, that's for sure..."  He commented.  He didn't even seem scared.  Just....baffled?  Whatever they were, thought, they were not friendly.  Nor were the natives, it seemed.  One of the grey things raised a weird weapon up a lady in order to hit her.  Clay, being chivalrous, ran up and tackled that son-of-a-bitch, letting out a loud 'yeeeehaw!' as he did so.  The thing shoved him off, but the lady ran away, thankful for her life.  "Why you raspy little varmint!"  He called it.  What are these things anyway?  And why do they all look mad about him being so....brave to them?  Gulp.  

@PenBlade1326 Dylan was slammed into but he just learned to roll with the punches in more ways than one at this point. Then he realized that he hadn't been tripped up on his own for once. "Oh hey, no worries man. Luck and I have sort of a love hate relationship, if you hadn't bumped into me something would have anyway." That's when the (whatever the equivalent of puddy patrol are called in this case) arrived. ". . . Speaking of which." Dylan said. Another of his fellow students had already engaged. Poor form but his enthusiasm was appreciated. Of course that was a minor thought when faced with something clearly inhuman and hostile as what gangled before him. To which Dylan could only think . . . "Hell . . . . yes!" He said aloud. "Hold this." He gave the kid who bumped into him his water.

Dylan broke into a run toward the creatures. As he got within a range he had trained for he shouted. "Dynamic ENTRY!" Before launching himself into a flying kick which caught one of them full on in the chest. He recovered and lowered into his ready stance and with a wide grin on his face. "Not exactly what I pictured in my 'save the day' fantasies but I'll take it!"

"I hardly went to the movies to begin with," Erin chuckled. "There were some stores elsewhere that sold American candy on occasions, but no way in Hell I'd pay about eleven dollars for a box of twinkles, or three dollars for just one Twizzler. With the same money I'd spend on one Twizzler, I'd have a week's supply of cookies." Erin put on her sneakers and tied the laces as April unpacked. Her question was met with a small smile on Erin's side. "My dad's an archeologist, my mom a diplomat. I've seen lots of the world, but hardly stayed anywhere longer than two years. So yeah... they travel a lot." She had parted ways with her parents on the airport in Tibet. Where she had taken flight to the USA, they had gone to... what was it again? Beijing? Moscow? Someplace in Africa? All three in one order or another? Erin had honestly lost track of her parents'  traveling schedule. All she remembered was that her parents had quite some plans for the coming months to years. Heck, they wouldn't even meet each other for Christmas this year. That was going to be a Skype call... if timezones allowed it. Erin briefly shook her head and smiled at April again, glad she wanted to show her around and relieved her roommate knew the city better than she did.

Once outside, April started talking on how much Erin would like Ebongrove. And she was sure it would. It was so nice and peace-... okay, never mind that. Peaceful and normal, her ass. Weird grey things coming out of a light in thin air, attacking people and causing chaos? THAT was far from normal. Even weirder than her nomadic lifestyle and odd combination of characteristics. Maybe her life wouldn't be as normal as she'd hoped here? "Well, good to know strange monsters showing up isn't daily business here," she stated, somewhat dryly. Really, it wasn't that she didn't care about monsters and chaos and weirdness... it was just that her brain was still trying to register what the actual fuck was going on. She hurried after April. It would be a shame if her roommate would die on her first day here, wouldn't it? Skidding to a stop as she got closer to the monsters, Erin wasn't sure if she should flee, fight, or throw up on the ground. Geez, what a stench.

---

Vorkalth laughed shortly as he saw his minions wreck havoc into the mortal world, sending people fleeing and screaming, praying to their gods and begging for mercy. Tch. This world had grown weak. It would be easy enough to conquer the world like this. Sure, the structures, the places where they lived were more advanced and seemed sturdy enough to last for a while. But there were no traces left of the fortified walls that kept out armies. Strange things was, though, that the horses were replaced by steel devices, moving on their own, it seemed. What kind of magic, what kind of powerful sorcerer was capable of such deeds? Of creating such creatures? One of the things swerved and hit a thing on its side, a fountain of water erupting. What strange world...? They had a lot, an awful lot to learn of this new world. The glowing embers in his skull flared up as the window showed them something he did not appreciate seeing. Five younglings, five nosy people who instead of running like a sensible person, simply stood and watched, one even jumping into the fight already. They seemed powerless, but too brave for their own good. Exactly the kind of people Vorkalth despised.

---

"What. The. Fuck?" Erin said slowly, blinking, finally having found her voice again. "I take it you haven't seen those things here anywhere before? Whatever they might be?" She was... scared. The uneasy feeling that had settled in her stomach after dreaming her dream flared up again. Or... rather that knot in her stomach tightened to the point it brought a funny taste to her mouth. Combined with the stench filling her nostrils, it really made throwing up the most appealing choice here. But that would leave a bad impression on her new roommate, she supposed. Then again.... long journey, stinking monsters. But... why wasn't anyone doing anything? No police, no army, no local superheroes like in the storybooks? Well, there was this one guy with a cowboy hat, tackling one of those things as it was about to hit a lady.  And then another guy, screaming as if he were a superhero, kicking one of the monsters aside. Impressive, but stupid since these monsters were obviously going to strike back. Erin's fist clenched, the knot in her stomach somewhat untangling as she closed her eyes and took a deep breath. The knot made place for a new feeling, a burning in her soul. "We should help them," she said to April, nodding to the strangers  that found themselves surrounded by the strange creatures. She dashed towards one and kicked its legs away, making it fall to the ground. Hey, those martial arts classes she had taken paid off! But now she had drawn some attention to herself as well. A bit of color drained from her face. Crap. Well... as long as the three of them wouldn't be the only ones to do something, anything, they might just turn out to be fine?

---

"Curious how they are all conveniently at the same place in just the right time," the young man said, smiling. "You were well prepared indeed, my friend." He nodded approvingly. "And it seems we have found him."

"So it seems indeed," the female voice responded. "If there is any good time to send the signal, it is now."

The male grinned, a happy, maybe somewhat mischievous grin. Finally, the time was right. He walked over to the pedestal where the Charms rested and held his hands above them. A bright energy game from his hands, his hair whipping up in the breeze it brought with them. The magic in the Charms awoke, sending a beam of light and magic into the air, spreading a shockwave throughout Ebongrove, something only those meant to see would notice. A confirmation of their tied destinies, and just a little boost to awaken the powers slumbering deep inside their souls.

(basically, fight scene! Spawners are free range. Lady and Pen know this already from our RP XD Have the characters either escort people to safety, fight the Spawners, get beaten a bit, and notice the light/shockwave. No magic powers yet, just the basic minor strength/dex/speed so they don't completely die XD)

Dylan kicked, blocked, and punched with surprising grace and sureness from one normally used to his clumsy antics. He seemed to be in his element but his kicks barely phased the monsters, his blocks left heavier bruises than he anticipated. These things were stronger and tougher than even his biggest sparring partners. @marorda Suddenly he wasn't alone though, a fiery red head entered the fray with a good kick. She seemed to freeze though as the creatures turned to her. Dylan spun on his heel, stepped forward, and delivered a roundhouse kick to what would be the thing's ribs if it had any equivalent.

"Don't freeze up! Just react!" He said to her. The smile was gone from his face, the situation was serious and these things weren't backing down. Whatever they were, they couldn't be demoralized by a show of force. Either that or he truly was doing them no more harm than a minor convenience.

@PenBlade1326 Dylan almost took a swing at his erstwhile battle buddy but had enough control to stop his fist.

"Sorry," he apologized before his eye glanced beyond him. "Look out!" He pushed the cowboy aside and took a punch that felt like a sledgehammer right to his stomach. He stumbled backward, his vision blurring. He started to pray. They needed help, a miracle even.

"Yeeeeehaw!"  Clay shouted, breaking fear and uppercutting one of the grey things attacking the area.  He knocked the creature upward, sending it flying back.  But that wasn't a result of any superhuman strength.  Just good old-fashioned work on a farm, lifting hay bails, tires, and sometimes, cows.  Muscle came in handy when it needed too..at least now he can tell himself all of it pays off.  Of course he didn't expect to run into weird devil-looking monsters, but he assumed it was better than being the most fit barista in a Starbucks somewhere. Seriously, who needs huge biceps to serve a latte?  

Clay noticed another guy joining the fray, over excited with his own...battle cry? What in Sam hill....what a nut.  Brave, but a nut.  He also noticed a girl with right red hair.  She was brave...but a tiny little thing like that?  She'd get her ass handed to her on a silver platter.

He jumped up, swinging his fists around, jabbing his legs out in a series of random kicks, making contact with a few of the creatures' faces, getting his knuckles covered in a smelly slobber of some kind.  "Oh that's just nasty..."  He said to himself, observing his fist when one of the creature sneaked up behind him and knocked the blunted side of their weapon right between his shoulder blades.  He let out a cry and an 'oof' and fell forward on the ground.  He looked over his shoulder and kicked up at the thing, hitting it in the gut.  But the creature just grabbed a hold on Clay's leg, allowing two other creatures to grab his arms and lift him up.  Now Clay is a strapping, tall and well built guy...these things had to be really strong to life him.  Clay struggled.  "What in tar nation?!" He yelled, the creatures simply tossing Clay across the ways, sending him rolling on the ground.  He groaned, fixing his hat and standing up, only to be met with a punch to the face.  "Why you little!"  He screamed at the creature, punching it back in the face.  Only now he was really sore...Clay glanced up, noticing some kinda light....a shock wave or something.  It was bright, catching his eye and distracting him.  What in tar nation?

Benji had just jumped back slightly, holding the guys water for him as he handed it to him.  "What are you--"  He started to say, watching as this guy jumped into these creatures.  His jaw dropped, nearly dropping his bags in the process.  This guy is completely bonkers....and so's that cowboy over there.  Wait, a cowboy in Ebongrove?  Really?  And that girl....with the fleek hair?  She....they....WERE THEY ALL NUTS?  Who just humps into action against things like this?  Who's this insane?  Why not just run?  Benji felt his legs tremble, but also felt eyes on him.  He gulped, turning around and seeing at least thee of those grey creatures, snarling and moving around like animals.  His eyes widened, dropping the guys water and his bags full of art supplies, turning to run, but stopping.  He heard something.  The insane guy who just started fighting them yelled to the redhead.  But the words could be said for him, too....don't freeze...react.  

Benji sighed, thinking of what to do, only to be knocked in the back.  The creatures punching him in the back, scooping him up and hurling him backwards, sending him tumbling around on the ground.  He yelped and groaned, holding his lower back and head as he sat up.  The creatures loomed over him, swatting around, Benji frantically trying to avoid getting hit.  

He rolled away, getting up and deciding to react.  Benji, against better judgement, shoved one of the creatures back, swiping his arm out and basically just slapping one, but knocking it over.  Benji felt another fist meet his gut, hurling over and trying his best to shove the things off of him, successfully getting a kick in on one of the things.  But of course he was just pushed down and slapped across the face by one of the snarling creeps.  He looked up at the creatures surrounding him, thinking he would surely die.  But then a light....a bright light made itself known.  What the...what is that?

( @Steel Accord don't forget the light! xD)

"Never seen them before in my life... It isn't normally like this, I swear!"  April told Erin, the two of them just watching these savage monsters attack out of nowhere.  She swallowed, just staring at these creatures.  What are they?  Where did they come from?  What do they want and why do they smell so bad?  It's like a sewer full of rotting corpses...plus leftovers from Thanksgiving at the diner.  Not a pleasant combo that anybody would ever want to smell.  Ever.  

April just gave Erin a weird look and extended her hand after her as Erin ran up and helped those guys fighting/being attacked by the monsters.  "What?!"  She called out to her.  She has known this chick for ten minutes and already she's being dragged into a weird life or death scenario?  What kind of sick game is this?  She just stood there, huffing and watching Erin, the cowboy, the insane guy with a battle cry, and a timid looking student just join the fray and do their best against the things.  Although chances of coming out alive were slim.  Or in one piece.

"I swear I'm going to regret this..." She said.  But her roommate was likely going to die, and she couldn't just stand there.  Great.  Instead of running the other way, April ran toward the creatures, unsure what she was doing.  She ran into a cluster of them, freezing up and gulping.  Instantly, two monsters grabbed her arms.  She shrieked.  "Ahhh!  Hey, let go of me!"  She scolded the creatures.  Their grip was tighter that the lid on a damn jar of pickles!  Speaking of pickles...are their mouths like covered in pickle juice?  Sick!

April struggled to get out of their grasp, tugging and yanking her arms to try and get free.  She swung her foot up into one of their stomachs, but without success.  How exactly is years of ice skating practice going to help?  Not like she can just jump away and spin on one foot.  Or could she?  She tried jumping  out, failing.  The creatures only grabbed her tighter, swinging her around, making her yelp in fear.  One creature positioned itself in front of her, aiming to lunge at Erin.  Or possibly that one kid who looked more scared.  She took a chance, eyes widening, and kicked the monster in the butt, knocking it down with all her might.  She used the momentum from the kick  in order to back flip in the grasp of the two monsters, her arm breaking free from one as she landed, twisting her arm in the others grasp.  She backhanded the one she got away from, swatting it across the face.  April then pulled her other arm free of the second monsters grip, throwing its arm and elbowing it to back off of her.  The other one came back at her, April using some of that skating lingo to swipe her leg around, deflecting its arm when it got too close.  "Out of my face--" She said to it, only to be grabbed and thrown aside by the second one.  She yelped and went down, picking herself back up, only to be punched square in the gut, feeling the wind knocked out of her.  She oofed, looking up at the one who did it.  She shoved it off of her and knocked it on its ass, making a break for it.  She noticed a light emerging.  A bright one, not like the cracks these things came from.  It almost felt like the light...called to her?  Oh god, she isn't seeing THE light is she?  Not dead...no.  But the light caught her eye, almost like a wave.  What is that?

Erin nodded at the advise the stranger gave her. He sure knew how to fight, but... it just wasn't enough. They were hardly doing any damage. Still, she just decided to push that off-button on her thoughts and went on on the automatic pilot. Kick, punch, chop, battlecry, kick. Get kicked. Hard. Fall on the concrete. Break fall, roll aside. Get grabbed. Get punched. Again. Ouch. Nope, this wasn't fun anymore. Certainly not a game either. Those things were out there to hurt people. And so far... those things, those nasty, smelling things were really successful at that. Then another something nearly knocked her off her feet. Not an attack, it seemed. A shockwave, paired with a bright beam of light from inside the woods, it seemed. "Whoa... Did you see that?" she asked to anyone around to hear her.  Though the strange shockwave didn't heal the scrapes and bruises, it did seem to renew her energy, fill her with new power to keep pressing on.

She wasn't going to give up, not back down. Erin jumped back up and continued her pursuit in kicking, punching, chopping. She was determined. "I know right?" she commented to the cowboy. "Those things smell awful. Gross things. Did they crawl out of a sewer or something? I used to think people only assumed alligators and rats lived there. And turtles." Bad, bad reference there. Bonus points to anyone getting it. "Back. Off. You. Gross... whatever,"  she said, kicking another one, spin-kicking at another. Once again, yay for martial arts. And.... what? It might just be her imagination, but Erin was sure her attacks were more effective than they were before. The things now actually staggered back and had to try their best to block her. Hah? It almost seemed like magic or something weird. But... no way. Those things only happened in stories and movies. Not in real life. But hey, if it made her think it worked and it got her better at butt-kicking and getting kicked less in return, she'd be happy.

The fight took a turn for the better. There were now five complete idiots and total strangers to one another fighting alongside each other to send the undead-smelling sewer frog monster creatures... whatever, back further and further. Yet still those damn things were tireless and they kept on fighting.  Gee, won't anything stop those damn things?

---

Vorkalth let out a cry in frustration, slamming his staff on the ground hard. He, too, had seen the light emitting from the forest. And he knew all to well what that meant. The damn fairy and his companion had awoken too, perhaps even before they did. And those five, those damn five snot nosed mortals... they were the new Chosen Sentinels. The question, however, remained: who of them was the Son of the Archon? They had to figure out, and soon.

"Generals! Call the Spawners back. We have seen enough for today,"  Vorkalth commanded, cursing somewhat under his breath. Yes, the Time of Prophecy meant their chances were smaller, and that soon enough the battle would be settled once and for all... But just the idea that the Sentinels were back... it pissed him off. Thankfully it seemed those mortals were hardly aware of anything, and they didn't possess any kind of powers just yet. There was still hope.

(so basically: a bit more fighting, feeling the change within you, Nenet and Avlazor do what they need to call the Spawners back. Next post will be the Rangers being able to properly talk to one another... and go on a little trip :3 )

"I saw that.  And it's not the weirdest thing today."  April called to Erin.  The shockwave nearly knocked her down, but it didn't hurt...whatever it was, it came from the woods.  And it was...helpful?  April felt a little bit better....her stamina full and her arms and legs less jittery!  Like she could....

Hold that thought.  One of the dead-looking creatures grabbed her by the arm again, tugging her and intended to bring her to the ground.  April shrieked, and like something had been unleashed in her, she threw the creature off of her with ease!  Another came in from the side, and she extended her leg out to greet it, kicking it square in the chest, knocking it down.  What is this? She looked at her hands and couldn't believe it...she was...stronger?  Like magic!  

---

Nenet jumped as Vorkalth slammed his staff down.  Pitiful humans were fighting their Spawners?  But it all made sense...five humans.  Five Sentinels.  Curses!  "Oh this is just horrible." She said to herself, nodding at her masters command.  The portal she opened for the Spawners was still open where she'd done it, she she stepped over toward it.  She put her hands together and chanted a hymn, calling the Spawners back.  "Spawners, now is not the time, return to your home, return to your master."  She ordered, mentally channeling herself into the small minds of the creatures.  At her order, over time the Spawners attacking those Sentinel-wannabes back home through the portal.  One question remained, though...which of those humans was the Son of the Archon?  The lanky boy....that tall, strapping lad with the odd hat, or perhaps the one with more energy than normal?  The two girls just made Nenet scoff.

(short I know xD)

Clay grunted as the weird guy shoved him out of the way.  He appreciated the save, but damn!  Clay blocked an incoming swing of a weapon with his arms.  But at that exact moment, the shockwave affected him...in a weird way.  When the weapon made contact with Clay's arms, it didn't really hurt as much as he'd expected.  Instead, Clay just burst his arms outward, flinging that creature down on the ground, its legs up.  He looked at his arms . "Well I'll be damned!"  He said to himself, noticing that the girls around him were a bit...different, too.  What's going on?  He didn't care.  Clay liked it!  "Whoa nelly!"  He exclaimed, bringing his arm out and ramming it into a creatures face, making them flip over.  Ten points!  

Benji felt a rush of oddity.  That shockwave wasn't at all what it seemed....just light from the woods.  It did something...that had to be it.  He felt different.  More...confident, but also freaked the Hell out.  A creature came at him from the side, swinging its weapon at him.  It swung down, and with a new swagger, Benji jumped back and dodged, bringing his leg up and swiftly kicking the thing in its ugly face.  He gasped at himself, acting fast as two more came at him, spinning around and avoiding them.  Benji grabbed one from behind and tossed it down, pushing the other away with great...strength?  What the...

"Only turtles I know of in the sewers are big and wear colored bandannas!"  Benji called to the redheaded girl.  

---

Avlazor cursed with his master.  Why are the humans fighting back?  Why are they?  They aren't....oh.  he knows now....they must be the Sentinels!  Unaware and weak!  "Stupid humans think they're tough!  If only Avlazor could go and bash in their skulls and kill the Archon's Son!"  He exclaimed, getting the term wrong but not caring.  The sound of a retreat didn't fly with him.  But it was his masters request.  Avlazor just started screaming into the portal....but Nenet had a legit chant ans summoned the Spanwers back.  Better than "Hey Spawners, come back!" being shouted into a portal.

The same wave that overcame everyone else affected Dylan. He felt his energy renewed and he did a back hand spring back to his feet. One of the spawners rushed him and he jumped into the air and did a spin kick right to its head. Another one swung its weapon at him, he got in close, backfisted it in the head, disarmed, and then cut it down with its own weapon. He was "in the zone." He'd felt something like this during training and sparring, this feeling of fluid grace and serene power, but never to this level. It was crazy. Like everything he did had been supercharged somehow. 

With the other up and at 'em, all together, they crushed the spawners and the few that remained beat a hasty retreat. The creatures dissapeared in a haze. Not at all akin to how they first appeared. That was sound and fury, this was the teleportation equivalent of running away with your tail between your legs.

(I absolutely love how the Generals are being played here  XD GG!)

"Bonus points for you!" Erin called to the guy who had joined in the fray the last, a grin on her face as she kicked the last of the creatures away from her. The weird looking light through which they appeared still hung in the air, giving off an eerie vibe. Really, all hairs on Erin's arms and neck stood upright just looking at that thing. A strange tingle ran up her spine, and she could swear she'd heard a voice calling out, telling the "Spawners" to come back. Back to where, though? She supposed it didn't matter as long as those damn things just went back wherever they came from and would not return. What a weird start this had been here, so far. Spending two days in a half-coma due to the exhaustion and jet-lag of her journey, meeting her roommate, and teaming up with total strangers to fight monsters coming out of thin air., seeing strange lights... This... this was just all another dream, wasn't it? Seemed like it had to be. Yet still it didn't. You couldn't get hurt in dreams, and she sure was sore of all the bruises, scrapes, and scratches she had gotten from this fight.

With the strange creatures having retreated, and the eerie light from which they had come having faded away, Erin slumped to the ground, just sitting there on the pavement and taking a deep breath. "Well... this all was... odd,"  she said, looking at the other four. "Please tell me I wasn't the only one to have heard that voice and to have seen what I did?" She absentmindedly glanced towards the forest. Surely they had all seen the monsters, otherwise they wouldn't have been fighting. And they too seemed to be more energetic after the shockwave had passed them. So... What did this all mean? It felt like, the moment she came to Ebongrove, she had just fallen straight into a Young Adult novel. Or a TV-series. It just... none of it seemed real, but at the same time it did. Was that even making sense or had one of those things hit her in the head?

"Who're you all anyway?" Sure, she knew April already, but she didn't know any of those guys. Made sense for someone who only got here just recently. Still, having fought strange monsters alongside them made her at least wonder what their names were. And why in the name of Odin [or any other deity/higher power of choice] they had decided to jump into the fight. Her main reason was she didn't want to let the cowboy get himself killed. That, and something just... told her to fight those things. The why's and whats, considering she had hoped for a normal life were a mystery still. "And is any of you up to head out there and see what the hell is going on?" She had read something in a flyer, about the woods being haunted, cursed even, but after this she would think things wouldn't get any weirder today.

---

"I'm gonna go outside for a bit. See what's gonna happen next," the male announced before leaving the Coven behind him, heading out of the hideout and into the woods surrounding it. He walked for a bit, but still lingered, lying in wait like a hunter waits for its pray. But a whole lot less violent, at that. With his magic, growing slightly stronger now that he too could practice it again, he once again changed his form. If... when the chosen ones would come, he'd be ready. He'd take them where they had to be so they could finally be informed of their destinies.

"Dylan, Dylan Drake. I don't know what just happened but Holy smokes was it cool!" Dylan threw out a few more punches. "I was like a man on fire. You two were awesome. And you," He pointed to Clay. "You rocked!" Dylan was beaming like a kid in Christmas.

Well none of this seemed odd at all.  A portal opening up...monsters going into it....And was that a voice coming out of it, calling them Spawners?  One could just shudder at the thought!

"Darlin' you ain't the only one who saw and heard that creepy crap.  I got so many chills runnin' up and down my spine you'd think I just fell into a fighting ring with a wild bull that ain't been fed for a month while wearing all red clothing."  Clay said...long winded, much?  He was speaking to the girl who introduced herself as Erin, promptly walking over to her and everybody else after collecting himself for a minute and rubbing his eyes to make sure he wasn't seeing things.  

Then the energetic guy, Dylan, pointed at him after being highly....enthusiastic.  "Why thank ya."

"Y'all can call me Clay."  He said, a strong southern accent about him, tipping his hat to them all.  "And I haven't the slightest idea of what's going on, here."  He glanced at the forest where Erin gestured.  What could be in the forest?  

Benji's head spun.  It ached and swam with confusion as he picked up his bags of supplies off of the ground, wandering to where everybody else was standing.  "I saw all of that and trust me, I wish I hadn't..." He said, catching his breath still.

"My name's Benjamin, but everyone calls me Benji."  He introduced himself to Erin, Dylan, and now Clay.  And whoever the second girl was.  The way his hands trembled indicated fear and just plain freaked-out syndrome.  But he wasn't a coward, either.  Just...after all of that, especially when he just came here for art supplies, who wouldn't be a tad weirded out?

"You really want to go into the woods?  Those supposedly haunted woods that a weird light came from just now and somehow affected us against those...those things?" He said to Erin, thinking she had to be absolutely mad!  He wouldn't say that, but still!  Madness!

"Well, Benji, if that there light made us a little tougher, why not go check it out?  How weird can it be? Besides, ain't no such thing as haunted woods."  Clay responded to him, nudging the scrawny guys shoulder slightly, nearly tipping him over.

Now she's hearing voices?  Lovely.  In addition to moving in to her dorm room and getting the ever-living shit scared out of her and her butt kicked by weird smelly demonic monsters, she's hearing voices.  Great.  Just great.  The cherry on top of the ice cream sundae of insanity.  Might as well call her the lady of insanity.  (smirk for the little plug)

She rubbed her arms vigorously as she joined up with Erin and the guys...whoever they are.  One thing is obvious.  They've all got odd timing and terrible luck.

"You okay, Erin?"  She asked Erin softly, touching her arm in a friendly way.  The two girls had known one another for only twenty minutes, but April assumed they were fast friends.  A little concern didn't hurt, right?  "I heard it, too...and saw all of that....at least I'm not going insane, you all did too."  She said, letting out a breath.  She was tired, a little hungry, and just wigged out.  Oh how good it would be to be flipping burgers and waiting on tables right now...Hell, even a crying baby in a booth was better than this situation.  Plus babies don't smell as bad as whatever those things were...ugh.

One by one, everyone introduced themselves.  The cowboy, Clay, the scrawny guy, Benji, and the hyper one, Dylan.  And of course her roommate, Erin.  April waved slightly to the guys.  "I'm April, if we're doing the whole identify-yourself thing."  She said softly, looking up at the guys and glancing at Erin.

She couldn't help but feel like something was off.  Something bringing them all a little extra kick against those freaks...and something oddly...pulling at her thoughts.  She shrugged it off.  Erin was about to make her go crazy.  "Into the woods?  Erin...the woods aren't just somewhere you go for a stroll.  I know something came out of there...but are we really sure we want to find out what, exactly?"  She said.  "I'm with Benji on this..."  She said.  April was a bit cautious, not about to see just how weird things could really get.  Not today.  Benji at least had a clear head...

Unlike Erin and this Clay guy, apparently.  Not to insult them, but she had to admit this was all...bizarre.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back