• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Power Rangers Sentinels

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
"Thanks guys." He liked the friendly pats on the back from his friends. Avlazor was down but not out. Erin said weapon time and Dylan was more excited now than when he started learning weapons in his Kung Fu class. He used his essencia and reached out to Deluvian again. "Need your help again buddy."
"You have to stand on your own two feet, boy!"
He bellowed.
"I do. I just need my weapon. It's something I really need." He said. No answer. "Of come on! Everyone else is using their's and I'm really, really good with weapons."
"You are?"
She said.
"You're in me. You should know I do." Dylan said.
"You're totally right. Silly, scatterbrained me./// Here you go, son." Deluvian said, switching personae mid-sentence. The remaining water wall behind Dylan flowed up toward him and Dylan reached inside, he extended his essencia out through his hand, calling his weapon to it. A current flowed through his grip, becoming more and more solid until Dylan pulled his hand free and the water collapsed away. In its place was a trident. The shaft of the weapon was nice and thick, the head's prongs were flat and wavy, almost like a flying fork weapon. Still definitely a trident though.

"This . . . is kickass!" Dylan said as he did his staff spins with his new toy and a few thrusts.

"Alright!" Erin cheered, looking at the pretty amazing weapons the rest had conjured up... hehehe, good one, Erin. "Time to fight fire with fire. Or rather... big ass weapons with other weapons." In comparison, their weapons weren't as large or scary looking at Avlazor's ax. Which, Erin could assume, said more about the lizardman than about them. She swung the sword around, trying to get a feel for it while the others seemed to be playing with their toys for a bit. Crossbow, mace, glaive, trident... A fair balance in ranged and melee weapons. Hmm... This was going to work out just fine. She eyes Avlazor, who used his ax to get up and keep standing. "Let's see what these babies can do!" Erin jumped up and down, ready to charge. Seriously, where did she get all that energy from? "Dylan, Clay, you're with me in melee combat. April, Shoot whenever you see an opening. Benji... Use that frisbee of death you got." There she was, being leadery again. While really she wasn't much of a person to take the lead in many other cases. Usually, she just preferred to stand by and wait a little. Watching the cat out of the tree. Was that a saying or was she randomly translating again?

Without further hesitation, banter on her side, or even thinking (the latter of which might not be the most brilliant idea), Erin charged at the scary scaly general with the overcompensating ax. "Hey, stupid!" Erin called, so much for the no more banter, "take this!" She slashed her blade at Avlazor, quickly moving aside to let one of the others take a hit. Or a shot. Or a throw. Didn't matter, as long as they'd fight and send the stupid lizard back underground.
---
"Amazing work..." Novus said in... well... amazement as he watched the rangers fight, both with their magical powers and new weapons. He... May or may not have been cheering and doing a little happy dance as Garm exploded, but now they had a more dangerous enemy to face. Both he and Fate knew that they would not destroy Avlazor today. The warrior was simply too powerful for that. He literally had thousands of years in experience ahead of them. Granted, so had Garm, but one of the more basic demons was nothing compared to one of the right hands of their ancient enemy. And though they may have out the dog down, it had still done its damage.

Benji and Clay nodded eagerly as Erin took on a leader-like role and gave them all commands as to what to do with their weapons and where to go. Clay would go in melee-style with her and Dylan, while Benji would stay back with April from a ranged attack. He didn't know how to use the Frisbee thing, but maybe if he flung it around he'd figure it out?
Clay's was simple. Just hit stuff with it! "Right with ya!" He said, Benji nodding once again.

Avlazor from his side of the field braced himself as Red, Blue and Brown Sentinels came after him with weapons. Weapons?! "Stupid toys not scare Avlazor. Avlazor cut you all down!" He shouted, swinging his ax around heavily.
He froze as Erin said 'hey stupid'. Avlazor not stupid...mean boobie Son of Archon! He thought, racing at Erin, only to be slashed across by her sword. Sparks flew and he yelped out, crying out in pain and hissing like the snake he was.
Clay followed up in Erin's melee attack with Dylan. "Alright ya varmint, hope ya like a face full of mace!" He said to Avlazor, charging directly at him and bashing his mace into Avlazor's head, bouncing off and making room for Dylan and the others to attack. Avlazor cried out, rubbing his head and furiously swinging his ax.

Everyone was so cool! Who cares if this isn't normal...this is cool! Benji stood with April in the back ranks. He held his weapon up...getting a vague idea of how to use it. He flung it at Avlazor while he had a shot, the glaive spinning rapidly like a Frisbee, slashing across the general...and then coming back at him. Again, and again, and again, ending up back in Benji's grasp. Almost like he controlled it with his mind! He didn't, but maybe that's just how ti worked on its own as a weapon?

"Everyone's got such cool stuff!" April commented aloud, looking at the others' weapons and smiling under her visor. A few weeks ago, she'd have never have thought she'd end up in this situation at all...not fawning over weapons, at the very least. None of the Sentinel stuff, really, but here she is!
Erin took the lead and said time to attack. She nodded. "Be careful guys." She said softly to Dylan, Clay and Erin. If they're going in to physically attack Avlazor, they'd best be careful...he packed a punch, didn't he? She stayed back with Benji, gripping the crossbow tightly. And without thinking twice about it, she watched the others all charge into Avlazor, even Benji using his weapon against him. She aimed her crossbow, unsure exactly how her aim was...she'd never really used one of these things before had she? Nope...

She saw an opening as Avlazor was distracted by the others inflicting pain on him. She aimed, closing one eye under her visor and squeezing the trigger mechanism on the underside. Out flew a white bolt/arrow, missing the first time. She isn't too good of a shot. Not much of a fighter...even with these powers helping her.
She cursed slightly and aimed again, this time landing a shot on Avlazor's arm. "Oh! I got him! I actually got him!" She chanted to herself, bouncing up and down.

Dylan nodded at Erin's command. She clearly knew what she was doing this whole time anyway. She was in first as well. A good leader leads from the front. After her though was Clay with his mace. Who smacked the General with dizzying force. Dylan exploited the opening Clay gave him by thrusting right into Avlazor's gut with his trident. The weapon flashed and sparked. Funny, he was sure that strike would draw blood. Then again his weapon was magical so it could be some kind of cast off energy the weapon makes when it contacts its targets. Avlazor cried out and swung his ax while rubbing his head. Dylan was able to retract and spin his trident, using the flying fork head to knock Avlazor's weapon away.

"I love weapons. I love weapons! I LOVE weapons!" Dylan said as he twirled his weapon.

Dylan took a wide step back, balanced his weapon lying across his shoulders holding it with one hand. Then he spun it around his neck and tried to slice at Avlazor with the head of his trident.

"I gotta ask..." Erin glanced at Dylan. "Do you like weapons?" She grinned under her visor. Look at them all, being all excited like kids getting the newest most popular toy. Hey, basically they were kids with toys. Safe that they weren't kids. And that these things weren't toys. But they were all proving to be effective enough against the general. Sure, they weren't going to blow this guy up like what happened to Garm; this guy was obviously too strong for that. But they were doing just fine at keeping the ugly lizardman at bay. "We got him!" Erin called excitedly. Now that Dylan had knocked Avlazor's weapon away, there was room for them all to attack again! Erin dashed past Avlazor, slashing her sword at his side and making her way back over to Benji and April who were doing their excellent job with ranged attacks.

But of course Avlazor wouldn't just give them a chance to properly regroup and think of a finisher like they had done on Garm, right? As Erin saw the other guys moving over as well. Avlazor lifted his weapon. Clearly, he was pissed and about to throw some serious attack at them!

(Right, imply hits and move over. Pen, when you have a chance to reply, let Avlazor do some serious special attack on them. It'll knock the rangers back and give him a chance to escape. I'll probably finish this Tale up in another round. Maybe two.))

"I think he loves weapons, not just likes them." April commented with Erin on Dylan. She smiled under her visor, giddy and excited. Dylan's love for weapons was put to good use, as he really nailed Avlazor with that thing! Wham! Whack, fling, boom! Maybe April shouldn't narrated comic books with combat sounds...ever.
But these weapons, all of them, were awesome! Ever since becoming part of the team and part of this war on Vorkalth, April never thought she'd actually get a shot in! Just she actually shot something! And landed a hit! Yahoo!

Sure this is a general, and he wouldn't die here like Garm did...but the team can do all they can to make him run away! Dylan wonderfully knocked Avlazor's weapon away. Good job, Dylan! And now everyone could attack, a free for all! April followed up Erin's attack with another shot. This time, April aimed for his chest...and she got him! Right in the belly! Holy crap, she's actually hitting him! He didn't look happy though...but really, with a face like that, he could be happy. Monsters don't talk with their facial expressions too well...

"Yeah yeah. Laugh it up you two. I love what we do, sue me!" Dylan chuckled. They were winning though! This was great. Perhaps Avlazor was not the fearsome foe that Dylan had hoped. Eh, more fish in the sea, Deluvian would say in Dylan's head which he agreed. Deluvian could sense Dylan's passion to fight a powerful champion of evil and crush him under the tide of his heel. Deluvian approved of this greatly. Dylan's friends and him had Avlazor on the ropes, time for him to add his contribution to the group effort. He dropped his trident along the shaft and caught it at the base of the head. He then leaped in a spinning motion once, twice, cartwheeled, then on coming out of the turn, used his momentum like a catapult to launch his trident like a javelin at Avlazor's upper chest, aiming for his neck.

Last edited:
Avlazor's weapon had been knocked out from his grasp, making him whine like a child...a big, broody, deadly child of...death. Then he'd been sliced at by a trident, slashed with a sword and shot in the belly with a crossbow! Each attack made him yelp, sparks rising and his anger boiling beneath the surface. "Avlazor going to kill you all!" He angrily shouted as Dylan aimed his trident for his neck. Avlazor dodged, swatting the trident away and avoiding the javelin toss attack. He growled, huffing and puffing in order to catch his breath and regain energy. He reached out to grab his ax up off of the ground to smite these puny humans with.

Benji and Clay had joined in on the fun of loving the weapons, chuckling at the girls' remarks towards Dylan and his love for the weapons. Clay certainly loved them as well, and Benji thought they were easier to manage than he thought. Nobody here felt like a pro, though....well, maybe three out of five did. He and April were ranged fighters, but boy they weren't too skilled...April was at least getting hits. Benji could feel Sylvan in him telling him to relax and be creative with how he uses the glaive. And Grondo just told Clay to pound the Hell out of everything.
Speaking of weapon use...
As the general tried picking up his weapon, Benji wouldn't allow it. He waved his arms around, flinging the glaive over toward Avlazor, just as he bent to pick the ax up, the glaive sliced across Avlazor's arm, then around and across his back. Avlazor yelped slightly in annoyance, the glaive going across his chest again and back to Benji.
Clay ran up to Avlazor from the side with his mace in hand. "Alright now varmint, I'm fixin' to put ya down!" He called out, slamming the mace heavily on Avlazor's head. Avlazor cried out, angrily punching Clay in the face! Even with the helmet on, that hurt! Clay thumped and fell over backwards by surprise.

Avlazor then picked up his ax quickly, no one to get in his way. "Die stupid Sentinels!" Avlazor shouted, the most coherent thing he'd ever spoken to them. He growled menacingly, gripping the ax tightly, a dark cloak of shadow engulfing the blade and the shaft in a pure black, cold, evil force. Avlazor's eyes glowed that same black essence. This time, the Sentinels would feel the wrath of true evil, the full force of his hatred towards all that is good and pure. They'd get a taste of death!
With his ax ready, Avlazor spun around in a 360, his ax growing ten times its size in spirit, heavily swiping across all five Rangers' chests. Benji and Clay let out shrieks and yelps of pain, flying backward and rolling to the side.
When all of them were down, Avlazor felt the urge to keep going, but they'd weakened him so that he must retreat. But at least he didn't hold back. "Avlazor be back. Sentinels pay dearly!" Avlazor escaped, slipping through the narrowest crevice, a portal home to Hell.

Clay and Benji caught their breath...how charming of a villain he was...Ow, my everything. Benji thought.

Erin cheered as the others went in for their attacks, making Avlazor stagger around, spark, and act like a giant evil toddler. Granted, all toddlers were evil, but this one LITERALLY came out of Hell. Her cheer quickly turned into a sound of more concern though. Avlazor was stupid as could be, but he was still rather intimidating. Quite the example of no brains but lotsa brawl. Hearing him speak made it hard to genuinely be afraid of him, but she realized damn well this guy wasn't to be underestimated.

And that quickly proved itself as he got a hold of his weapon again. The death threat was the first time he spoke in a coherent sentence. Okay, it was just three words, nothing too hard, but it was his... magic that made it just a tad more terrifying. Shadow, black cold evil energy engulfing the entire weapon... Geez, she knew dark magic was a thing, but this literally? Scary. Avlazor did a full spin, whatever kind of attack it was he did hitting her in the chest. And fuck damnit that hurt! Erin yelped, flying back and landing on the ground. Right on her injured arm. Erin shrieked. That hurt! That hurt a lot! Well, maybe Novus could start all over again with his healing. And maybe the rest needed some patching up too. "Damnit!" Erin cursed. "He's getting away!" She tried getting back to her feet, but catching her breath and not falling over cost her too much effort.
---
Vorkalth was... Mildly proud of his General. It would have been better if he had managed to finish the job, but... Let's be fair here. Until not all that long ago, the three of them had been statues frozen in time. Whereas Garm was freshly summoned, Avlazor, Nenet, and himself had spend... At least 400 years as statues. They all had to get used to being able to move again. Their magic had depleted, and their bodies were still rusty. But over time, that would change. "You have done well, Avlazor," Vorkalth said. "Next time, you will do even better, I am sure."
---
Once they had all managed to get back on their feet, the Rangers all powered down and went back to the Coven, where they were greeted by a very relieved looking Novus and Fate.
"Good to see you all made it back in one piece," Novus said.
"Close call though," Erin replied. "The guy is string."
"Well, he isn't Vorkalths right hand for no reason," Fate said. "Now, why don't you all rest up for a little while? In the meantime, perhaps the two of us can answer some more questions, assuming you have more after obtaining your weapons?"

Dylan flew back and tried to land and recover as he trained but the blast was just too overwhelming. Dylan tumbled backward until he laid spread eagle on the street. He rolled to his side, rubbing his chest.

"Erin!" Dylan said as she took to her side.

"He's getting away!" She said.

"We can't go after him. He's too much for us." He argued. They were strong together and maybe they could have overwhelmed Avlazor but if even one of his strikes could do this to all of them, there was no way protracted combat would go in their favor unless they had come up with a stronger defense against him.

"Power down!" Dylan said with the others as they made their way back to the Coven. "Yeah I have a question." Dylan said to Fate and Novus. "Who is Avlazor? Like I get it, Vorkalth's heavy hitter but I mean where did he come from? How did he come into Vorkalth's service? More importantly? Does he have any known weaknesses?"

This was going okay! Avlazor staggering, stumbling, stupidly whining. The five of them were putting a really umph on the bad guy from Hell itself. April felt confident that this was going to be easier than she'd thought. A big league being so easily beaten like this, it's great! Maybe they'd even beat Vorkalth and get back to normal lives sooner than later!
April's hope died quickly. Avlazor pushed back and regained his weapon...and a horrifying glare of evil encompassed his eyes and weapon. She gulped, watching Avlazor spin around and slash at all five of them, swiping them around like ragdolls. April just let out a pained cried like the others, cursing and falling back down onto her back, dropping the crossbow in the process.
She looked up as he got away, Erin and Dylan pointing it out. But what could they do? Pain surged through her body. As she caught her breath, she slowly...and emphasis on slowly, rose up to her feet.
---
Nenet tapped her fingers together. After 400 years of imprisonment, that wasn't too bad. Garm had been defeated, but Nenet feared not, for his death would only mean good things for Hell itself. She too praised Avlazor on his best efforts. "Yes, good work, Avlazor. You just need to practice a little is all....but you will crush the Sentinels. We all will."
---
Upon returning the the Coven and powering down, April leaned against a wall and relaxed for a moment. Novus and Fate offered answers. And she had but one question.
"I do have something to ask, if it's even answerable. Avlazor barely escaped, but we didn't come close to beating him for good. To add on Dylan's question...is what we have enough to stop him? Or any of the Legion for that matter?"

So Avlazor got away...they'd get him next time. Clay and Benji groaned slightly, getting the strength back after such a massive blow from the general. He didn't seem smart and he could barely speak, but they'd be damned if he didn't lack the muscle and the pure rage strength. They recovered with the others, letting Avlazor escape just so they wouldn't end up getting slashed like that again...Benji's everything hurt still. And so did Clay's head.
---
Avlazor bowed and knelt before Vorkalth. "Thank you, Vorkalth. Nenet. Avlazor not beat the Sentinels this time. Still have to adjust to not statue form." He said, appreciating that both of his comrades weren't upset with him. Happy Avlazor! He rose up, using the ax for leverage as he took better posture. Next time after he'd gotten stronger, the Sentinels wouldn't be so lucky in the battle...now that he knows what to expect from them. He's fought them, learned their styles. Avlazor knows battle. And he knows that one day he will crush the Sentinel's bones and grind their flesh into stew!
---
Ahh. The Coven. A place in the middle of a spooky forest that they'd all discovered while chasing a shape shifting young boy...felt like home. Novus and Fate were glad to see them all alive, but the team wasn't as glad to be so sore and damaged. Ugh.
Dylan asked a good question about who Avlazor even is aside from a heavy hitter. Surely he's got an origin...
Clay had no questions, other than what had already been asked, really. Benji, on the other hand, had a question to be expected of the only one who still felt unsure about being a Sentinel. "Uhhhh yeah I got one. What asylum do I check into?" He asked. Clay nudged him hard. He grunted and sighed. "Okay, real question. Where did out weapons come from? Did the spirits just give them to us, were they crafted a log time ago...what's their deal? Did past Sentinels use them, or are they new or us?"

"Avlazor would share the closest resemblance to a Basilisk," Novis said. "He came into Vorkalth's service a long time ago, when the worlds were less separated by the Veil."
"He came from one of the many other worlds, one that is likely destroyed now, or at least unknown to us."
Erin frowned and paced around the Coven for a moment. "So you're saying there's so many worlds out there that even you, beings old as time, don't even know them all?" That was a surprise, really. And perhaps a little troublesome too. So many worlds... Did all of them depend on the colorful Sentinels to save them, or was it just the ones connected to theirs? "Previous Sentinels have bravely fought him and managed to banish him in thenend, but so far none have been able to truly defeat him, allt he while he unfortunately took some of our people down," Novus sighed. It wouldn't be reassuring for them to hear Avlazor had killed Sentinels in the past while he stayed alive, but it was the truth they deserved and should know. They couldn't risk the Sentinels dying mow that the Time of Prophecy was here.
"We have yet to discover an exploitable weakness, besides his general stupidity," Fate said, lightly shaking her head. When it came to the big leagues, they couldn't provide all that much help, simply because even after so long, they just didn't know everything. "Right now you are far from strong enough to face him, Nenet, or Vorkalth, but you can defeat other allies of theirs, suxh as Garm. You have proven that today."

"So, you're talking anout this olace being named after a season of American Horror Story, and then you asked to be checked into a place sharing the name of another season? And let's be honest... Would you really want to go to an asylum in a city that has a cursed wood and demons walkijg the streets?" Erin commented to Benji, a slight grin on her face. Really... Asylums in spooky places... Yeah, perfect idea! But as Benji asked his true question, Erin faced Novus and Fate again. That was a good question, and it made her curious too!

"The weapons are magical, they were crafted by the spirits lon ago, but are reforged to fit every new generation of Sentinels," Novus explained. "Sometimes a weapon shows up more often, some Spirits hardly ever reforge their weapon into something entirely new. But most of the time, the spirits craft the weapon into something they find befitting of their companion." They had a wide range of Sentinels from all walks of life, and the weapon was most of the time perfect for them or the time where they lived in. The priest didn't wield a sword for example, just as how the Samurai hadn't used a hammer. Ah, the old Sentinels. Really, these new folks should learn about them!
---
Where the Sentinels were resting up and getting a chance to learn a little more of their weapons, powers, and spirits, Vorkalth and his generals started plotting. Garm had proven useless. They would need something else, something unexpected to defeat those pesky mortals. And Nenet's magic... It was almost powerful enough to be of...great help. Surely those rangers would be in for a big surprise soon...

END OF TALE TWO

Tale 3: A Golem's Might
Steel Accord Steel Accord marorda marorda Lady Insanity Lady Insanity

Tale 3: A Golem's Might

Events that have transpired over the past week or so have set life for Erin, Dylan, Clay, Benji, and April in a new direction. A magical one, should it be deemed such. Granted, such magic doesn't come without stress, danger, and the 'oh my God what the heck is going on' factor. Erin, Dylan and Clay were easily the better fighters and more enthused/open to the strangeness of it all, meeting Fate and Novus, going to the Coven for meetings and having magical questions answered. Whereas Benji and April seemed the more hesitant pair. Maybe April was still more about all of this than Benji, though. He still felt tempted to leave and just go on with his life as a studying artist...help raise the kids in the orphanage until something better comes along. Or wait until his older brother Derek said he could come live with him. Life for Benji is just odd as of late. Demons, magic, new friends, the works. And every time he walks by somewhere in Ebongrove that's just cut the grass, the scent puts him in a state of pure...indescribable bliss. Weird stuff isn't always bad.

Earlier in the morning, Benji awoke in his bedroom at the orphanage to the sound of some of the younger kids playing in the hall. He's part of the staff technically since he's 18 and volunteering, but he still thinks of himself as just one of them. Benji got ready and happily helped the kids downstairs and contributed to cooking a big pancake dinner for everyone, pancakes of every kind available to the whole place. Mornings like this made Benji feel...cared for. Like he had a place to go.
After the breakfast, Benji made his way to the art studio on campus. It's the weekend, so nobody should be clogging the place. He'd been working on a new statue, a figure made of clay, 6 feet tall, and entitled "Golem." He'd read about golems somewhere, and given recent exposure to demons, he had inspiration to make something...creepy. He was almost done, the body was sculpted anyway, just needed more detail and some finishing touches. Maybe a chisel here and there. He was sat on a stool in the studio, undisturbed and working peacefully. No fairies or shapeshifting beings in his head, and none of that poet tree either. Just Benji and his sculpture.

Clay on the other hand, spent his weekend exploring. He'd invited the others to wander around with him a bit if they so wished, it didn't matter who joined up. Benji said he wouldn't be able to, busy with art. So that left the girls and Dylan. Ebongrove was a nice place when it wasn't under attack. Why not see the place around?
He'd settled into a friends apartment. If he's gonna be a Sentinel, he'd need a place closer to be. He settled on moving in with his friend, Riley. An old buddy from school he'd on occasion hung bout with when in town. Explaining his move to his family was strange, but they saw no reason why a grown man couldn't venture out. Now he's in Ebongrove, close to the others and close to...well, work, sort of. Clay was sat in a restaurant where he had invited everybody to meet up, ordering a cup of coffee while he waited, having received no official confirmations from anyone. But it's the weekend, everyone's probably busy with school. They're all students at the college, aren't they? Nevertheless, Clay wanted to know his new friends better.

(so let's everyone have a little inside into the characters personal lives! tell where they stay, what they do, just them as people for a little background info. helps to know everyone a little better :) )

It was nice to get a little wave of normality. Given the past few days, April felt a burst of normal life slipping in wasn't a bad thing. It kept her grounded. Grounded in sanity and her original reality.
It's the weekend! Hooray! School having just really started--or really getting itself set up for the semester and dragging kids to class orientations on the first days--had proven too boring and too bland. April preferred going out shopping or staying in her dorm. And when needed, being at the Coven and learning about her powers...speaking of those, her connection to Ainya and wind has relaxed her a lot. Due to her spirits motherly nature.

April had an early shift at Brubeck's, the family diner. She must invite the others over there one day for lunch, they'd love it. She had the feeling Dylan would like her brothers, and Clay would love the food. Erin and Benji? A little bit of both. Speaking of Clay, he had invited her and the others out for a day out together, all of them. That was nice! She'd probably go, get a chance to interact with everyone just as friends and not weird magic people.
She woke up at 5am for her shift. Careful not to wake Erin in the dorm room, she slipped out and went to work after getting ready in the bathroom. At the current moment in time, she was only just returning from work. The first time she'd seen her family since being introduced to the world of the Sentinels. Strange...she felt like a different person. They all felt it, too....but it was a normal work day. They'd hired more hands at the diner to help business, so April wasn't always needed as a waitress or anything. Still, it was nice to see her family and work again. Plus, money!

April returned to the dorm after her shift, expecting to either find Erin sleeping still since it's the weekend, or find her awake and going about her day, or find her not even there. She could have gone to see Clay if she chose, or maybe go see Fate and Novus? April opened the door, still in her uniform and walking in the dorm. She turned her back as she closed it. "Erin, you here?" She called into the room.

A few days of relatively normal were quite welcomed to settle in a little better. Although Erin really was excited on all the magic and weapons and everything, not worrying about demons trashing her new home was... nice. A welcome change among all the changes moving here came with. If there was anything Erin had expected from moving to a new place and stop traveling with her parents... this was definitely not it. This was pretty far from it all. Once again she thought her dad would love the place. So much history and myths for him to stick his nose in. As long as he wouldn't wind up finding the remnants of the big bad uberdemon that would turn even Vorkalth into a crying little kid... she would be happy. But it was for the best to see her dad far away from Ebongrove. Not only because she had to keep her being a Sentinel secret from him, but also because she feared he would be so interested if not obsessed with the demons, he'd poke one and get hurt. Or dragged to hell. And she doubted her mother would be able to talk him out of it, or talk the demons into giving her husband back. She worked with Human politics. Hell and demons probably didn't give a shit about that.

Although it was weekend, Erin didn't sleep in all that much. A little bit of jet lag still remaining, maybe? Or just that she usually was up in time anyway. No wait... she could be a lazy piece of shit and not get out of bed until well into the afternoon. Maybe it was a good thing Clay had invited them all to hang out and explore the city. Speaking of which, she still hadn't done that. Last time she tried exploring the place with April, they ran into demons and fell into this crazy ass adventure. As of now, however, it was a bit early to head to the restaurant already, so... she stayed on her bed. Fully dressed and ready to go, but just... chilling for a little while, and Skypeing with a friend she had made at one of the many international schools she attended. The others didn't know all that much of her yet, and apparently she was behaving American enough to not raise any questions as of why she was so "culturally weird". She was in the midst of a sentence when April walked into the dorm again. Erin lifted one of the ears of her headphone. "Ella!" she called back. Funny, this was the same as how they had initially met. Kind of. "Just Skypeing with a friend."
Whatever said friend asked her over her headphones, it made Erin's face turn a little red. She then proceeded to playfully scold him in a foreign language, soon after saying goodbye and closing her laptop afterwards.

"You going to the restaurant as well?" Erin asked, stretching out and hopping off the bed. "Some normality sounds nice. Plus... exploring the city. We haven't really gotten to that yet, have we?" She grinned, timing her hair in a high ponytail and putting on her shoes. When she said ready to head out, she meant everything except the shoes. No shoes on the bed. An old house rule that was printed in her brain so badly, she still lived up to it even now. That, and having lived in Japan were wearing shoes inside the home is a taboo also really helped.

Dylan spent his weekend in a bizarre combination of ease and anxiousness, as oxymoronic as that might have sounded. His recent adventures with his new friends, becoming a Power Ranger, the coven, legends revealed as truth. It was all everything he ever wanted. So come a supposedly relaxing weekend where his grandparents spoiled him rotten and with no obligation, it actually seemed more of a chore than it was a vacation. He tried his best not to take it out on the both of them, but they got the better of him.

"What's wrong Dylancie?" His grandfather asked, using his typical teasing nickname.

"Nothing." Dylan deflected.

"You haven't touched your food." His grandmother said, the chocolate chip pancakes were unscathed. Dylan quickly started shoveling it into his mouth so fast he could taste the writing of "made with love" penned in chocolate syrup his grandmother scribbled as a finishing touch. "Goodness Dylan, not all at once." Dylan swallowed hard and washed it down with milk.

"Sorry guys." He said to both of them.

"Ya didn't answer my question, Groucho." His grandfather said. Dylan wiped away the milk mustache.

"Could I be excused?" He asked.

"Dear, what's wrong?" Grandma asked.

"It's hard to put into words. I just need some air is all." He said. His grandfather nodded in a direction.

"Go on out to your circle. Take a breather." Dylan did. His "circle" was a play place come mini-dojo. The area outback he used to play in but as he got older, swapped the slide for a heavy bag. It wasn't completely devoid of youthful pleasures though as this is where Dylan would read his comic books. The modern myths. Something horrible happened as he looked upon the panels of his unread issue though. He didn't care. The events that played out, something about a reality altering device, a hero turned villain, orbital station saved from aliens by a newcomer superhero with devastating solar based powers. It all seemed so . . . well childish. Insulting even. The characters in THIS story acting like what they struggled with mattered. He was a REAL superhero who had fought real demons. Even these characters, the descendants of the heroes of myth they were, paled in the light of the reality that said mythic heroes actually existed and their feats were not exaggerations but more or less true testaments of their abilities.

Dylan tossed away the comic in disgust. He was able to find some peace after a nice, cleansing, eight straight minutes of pounding furiously on the heavy bag. These were his passions, the tales he had followed for years and now they meant nothing in comparison to himself! He balanced it out by going to one of Ebongrove's various natural hide aways only locals would know about and had some meditation to calm himself down. Ultimately he had a nice, and relaxing time on the weekend, apologizing to his grandparents as well, but truly he felt that what drove him now was his life as a Power Ranger.

The shimmering calm of the art studio put Benji at ease. He was in his personal little corner with some of the work he'd done so far. A lot of mermaid drawings. He found mermaids especially artistic. Hmm. Maybe he should ask Novus or Fate if those exists and if they're friendly...he'd love to meet a mermaid one day and have them pose for a sketch. Something about them is so beautiful to him! But for now, the Golem sculpture was his main focus. Starting the trade school semester off with a bang! The project is just to make a clay statue, having a contest in the class. Whichever one wins gets to be put in an art museum on the main campus. Everyone else in the class had been sculpting busts of peoples heads, animals, or other things. Little things. Benji wanted to go all out and make a full-blown humanoid sculpture.
With all of the monstrous things he had encountered, a Golem sounded pretty chill. Definitely art-inspiring. Kids at the orphanage wanted him to win the contest and get lots of pictures taken. Another reason he had to try his best and put his all into this sculpture. Those poor kids were everything to him, and he didn't want to let them down!

At the restaurant, Clay sipped away on his coffee, waiting for someone to show up. He did tell everyone right? This place at this time? The charms let them all speak telepathically...don't they? Meh, Clay wasn't gonna risk that not being the case and make an idiot of himself. He tipped his hat slightly and rolled up the sleeves on his brown plaid shirt, a musky scent to the fabric as a result of maybe too much cologne this morning. He decided to go sit outside and enjoy the day. It was pretty outside, so why not enjoy it a little? He paid for his coffee and made his way outside to view Ebongrove in its more peaceful aura. He picked up a rock off of the ground and tossed it up and down in the air, catching it and tossing it back and forth with himself. Feeling the Earth, breathing the air...pretty peaceful.
---
In the underworld, the Legion had a rather productive time. Gather darkness and fear, clinging to death and destruction, all in the preparation for something big to come! Avlazor sat in the corner of the main room he and his comrades spent their time in, sharpening his ax with honing steel, grumbling to himself, remembering the events of the recent battle. Stupid Sentinels think they're so great, they felt his power, and soon they'd feel more than that.
He was sat on the floor of the underworld, legs spread comfortably and his ax over his knee. "When we gonna strike again master Vorkalth? When does Avlaor get to go back out and kill?" He asked his master, looking at their window into the human world.

(mar, either have vorkalth look at the city in general, Clay's location, or even hone in on Benji in the studio xDDD doesn't matter xD)

April waved at Erin upon entering the dorm room, chuckling at her on Skype with someone, talking in a different language it seemed.. She met her halfway, taking her work apron off and just revealing her uniform underneath. She tossed the apron onto her bed on her half of the room. "I'm going, yeah. Just lemme change into some normal clothes and we'll head out together, kay?" She said to Erin with a smile. "Also, your tour of the city is way overdue." She proceeded to her closet space and pulled out an outfit to wear, running to the bathroom to change. As she slipped in the bathroom and closed the door, she called through the door to Erin out of curiosity.
"So, who were talking to on Skype?" She asked while changing.

A few moments later, she walked out of the bathroom in her normal clothes. A nice white shirt with the word 'peace' on it and plain jeans. She set her folded up uniform on the foot of her bed and proceeded to text Dylan on her cell phone as Erin spoke to her.

'You coming to the restaurant with us all? :) ' She sent to Dylan via text.
Exchanging cell phone numbers with everyone was a good thing. Plus...if they could all talk telepathically, that'd be convenient...but maybe it's best if they all stayed out of each others heads?
---
Nenet fanned herself slightly with an Egyptian style pocket fan, gazing out the window to the mortal world. "Yes, master Vorkalth, when are we to send out Legion out again? I do find myself curious." She started.
That and given the big spike in magic approaching, she was eager to see it to fruition. Any chance to cast a spell and literally work her magic was exciting to her. Especially if it contributed to the destruction of Fate and her pathetic Sentinels.

"Sure!" Erin called with a grin as April mentioned wanting to change into normal clothes. Made sense, really. Hanging out in work clothes was weird, especially when going to a restaurant and your work clothes were a uniform of another food-place. "Ah, nobody special really. Just my friend Björn. We met at international school when I lived in Norway." He still lived there, and had mostly been attending International School because his parents worked for a ministry and wanted to expose him to people from different places around the world. They got along, shared some interests, so they stayed in touch after Erin moved away again. They hadn't seen each other face to face in... several years, actually!

She watched as April texted someone, probably either Clay to let him know they were coming, or Dylan or Benji to ask if they would come along as well. Wouldn't it be easy if they could just talk telephatically? Erin fiddled with her Charm. Convenient, yes, but probably really weird. What if they could read each other's minds at all times?
---
Vorkalth watched the city through their window. So quiet, so peaceful... Nice and sunny. Ugh. He used the window for scrying, sending it all over the city in search of something that would pique his interest. He spotted one of the Sentinels, alone, enjoying the scenery and seemingly waiting. Probably for those other pesky mortals. The search went on, to one of the older buildings in the city. The former cloister, now the place were the youths learned their trades and gathered knowledge. And.. Ah, what was that? Little Green Sentinel, all on his own, working on a monstrous creation. Hmm... Vorkalth tapped his fingers together, an idea brewing in his mind.
"Patience, Avlazor," he said. "You had your first taste of this world recently. If you go back now, the Sentinels will be better prepared while we are still recovering from imprisonment."
He was silent for a moment, watching the young mortal work on his creation. One that could be perfect if... "Nenet, how is the magic going?" If her powers were strong enough already, perhaps they could... Maybe even...? Yes.

Dylan recieved Erin's text.

"Oh that old place!" He said for he knew the eatery well. Just a local greasy spoon. He was on a first name basis with the fry cook, Joe. "Hey guys, I'm going to hang out with my friends." He told his grandparents.

"You made new friends?" Grandma asked.

"Yep. New kids in town."

"Have fun there, Dylancie. Don't go and get a girl pregnant. That's how I got stuck with her." Grandpa said. He received a playful slap from his wife for his teasing. Dylan just smiled and nodded as he left. It was a short bike ride over and when he got near that's when he saw a familiar face.

"Hey Clay!" He waved to his sleeved rolled up compadre. He parked his bike and extended Clay a fist bump. "You'll love this place. Not exactly southern quisene but it has that home cooking taste to it." Clay said with a gesture of his thumb behind him to the place Clay had just left.

Clay glanced in Dylan's direction as he arrived. He returned the fist bump upon the greeting, patting his friend on the shoulder in addition to it. He chuckled as Dylan said it wasn't southern cuisine like he was used to...oh well. "Hey, whether it's southern, just home cooked, or from the worst McDonald's somewhere in Nevada, food is food. I'm so hungry I could eat a horse and a half!" Clay said in response, smiling slightly.
"The girls should be here, soon. I know Benji said he ain't able to." Clay asked him, eagerly walking back inside the restaurant with Dylan to find a table again; only this time, Clay would have people to order with! Woot!

Benji had his hands covered in clay and plaster from the sculpture. All it needed was a face, really. At the moment it only had the indication of a face, an unkempt mess of a clay art structure. For this, he'd need only a few tools to craft it. "Right. Just needs a face. Maybe I can wash this friggin' clay off of my hands, they're drying faster and faster." he said to himself, getting up from the stool and stepped into a sink in the studio, specifically placed there for hand-washing. Art gets messy!
---
Avlazor, too, eyed the window to the world. Two Sentinels had gathered, and one was all alone, making a creepy thing made of clay! He'd have been more focused on disappointment for not going to the surface, but he did quite enjoy the site of the sculpture the Green Sentinel was making. "Statue scary. Statue mean looking! Statue need be evil!" He said to his master, then looking up at Nenet from the floor. "Maybe Nenet magic is good now? But how us gonna do anything?"

April checked her phone as Dylan replied to her. "Okay, Dylan's in. Ready when you are!" She said to Erin, slipping her phone in her back pocket. She adjusted her charm dangling from er neck delicately. "I take it you and this Bjorn were...close? As in maybe friends or more than that?" April joked with Erin, heading towards their dorm room door together to leave for the restaurant to meet the guys. Even though April just got off work as a waitress...she was starving. She could go for a nice meal! Better yet, one with friends! She hadn't come to know all of the others too well...but she did like the lot of them. Erin, her roommate. Benji, the skeptic. Clay, the heartiest. And Dylan, the most enthusiastic. Where did it leave April? The...airhead? Bad joke is bad. That aside, she and Erin were able to leave now.
---
Nenet ceased with the fan and nodded to Vorkalth. "Why yes. My magic has grown quiet strong sense awakening from imprisonment. Are we thinking the same thing, master?" She suggested to him, also looking at the Green fool work on a piece of menacing-looking art in a studio somewhere. Avlazor seemed excited, definitely. All Vorkalth had to do was say the word and she'd get to work immediately.

Dylan appreciated the shoulder hug. Never having any siblings he liked the feeling of brotherly contact or at least what he guessed it would be like. He was also delighted to hear that the girls were on their way.
"Well one thing that I CAN assure you is that this place can cure hunger. You won't need to eat for days! What is Benji doing that he can't make it? No offense to him of course." He said as the two of them entered the Melrose diner.

Clay was a good guy and even as he walked in with just one of them, he knew he was going to feel much better about his little angst earlier. Even if they weren't doing Power Ranger stuff, Dylan knew he could really be himself around them, that they shared in the same experiences that he did. It was more than just knowing his secret identity and he knowing theirs, it was that between them they shared a sacred vocation and saw things that they could never explain to others even if they wanted to. Dylan loved his grandparents, but even if they knew he what he did, he couldn't really express what he had seen and felt to them. With Clay, Erin, April, and Benji though? He didn't even have to, they felt the same.

Or at least that's what Dylan thought. Going through the same events doesn't mean one shared their thoughts on the matter. Still, he wasn't wrong about one thing. His friends and him had an empathy for one another. Nobody else has gone through the weirdness and bizarre happenings that they have . . . well, no one alive that is.

"Damn I really want to find out about the past Sentinels! I got to get to the Coven's archives!" He thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back