• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Power Rangers: Bio Strike

Characters
Here
Other
Here
Volemera staggered back from the numerous attacks being landed on him.  Sparks flew from every hit, shot, slash and everything in between.  He held onto his weapons despite the blasts to his arms, slashing and shooting at the Megazord, sparks flying from the robot and stumbling back, the Rangers keeping it as steady as possible.  Olivia huffed.  "I've had enough of you!"  She said at Volemera, pushing down on a button that fired the main cannon directly at Volemera's chest.  The blast caught him off guard and made him drop his own blaster again.  Drew grinned, moving the Megazord in closer for a blade attack, slashing down at Volemera's chest, swiping the weapon to the side and clashing with Volemera's own blade, knocking it from his hand.

He then used the arms to shove the enemy back.  "Alright, time to turn it up a notch."  He said.  Olivia joined the others in diverting all power to weapons to ready the final attack.  Volemera stood across from them, feeling rushed and a bit confused as a big ass cannon and sword were pointing at him.

"Tank Strike Finisher!"  Drew called with the others, unleashing a massive energy blast from the cannon, then a slash from the sword to send it flying at Volemera.  As soon as it made contact, he went up in sparks and curses.  He fell backward, exploding for a second time.  Only this time...he's gone for good.  Olivia sighed in relief.

"Threat.  Terminated."  Drew muttered as per usual at the death of an enemy like that.

---

Time had passed.  The Rangers demorphed and disbanded the Megazord, returning to HQ for the debrief of today's mission.  After the usual stuff and they were dismissed, Captain Scott placed a pin on Drew's jacket.  "Congratulations, Drew.  You have officially been promoted to Team Leader.  The team now will look to you for guidance in the field, as well as here in the base.  You have accepted a great honor.  I'm sure you'll do us all proud."  He said, placing the pin in over Drew's heart.  It represented leadership in military rank, very small thing but it meant a lot.

Drew saluted and nodded, Olivia smiling, clapping along with the others in celebration.  "Thank you, sir."  He said, turning to the others once dismissed.  "I guess the fact you're all following me and clapping means I'm really forgiven?  For being an ass?"  Drew asked the others.  Olivia smiled and nodded.  "Everyone has a bad day sometimes.  You're out friend first, our Red Ranger second.  Of course you're forgiven."  She said softly and rested her hand on his arm. She looked to the others to hear their input.

Drew smiled.  "Thanks...I only wish I could apologize this easily to Isaac...he's another story..." Drew muttered.

Disarming Volemera took a while, but they got there.  Just like Olivia, they'd all had enough of him.  His goal wasn't a personal one, just built to kill Rangers.  As simple as it may be, he's still a threat and an annoyance to the face of humanity.  Just like all the rest before him, it was time to go bye bye!

Jane and Calvin diverted power to weapons, charging up the finisher.  "Tank Strike Finisher!"  They'd called with the others, watching as the blast/slash combo raced out to him.  Funny...he'd done the same attack to the Rangers before.  They also watched as he finally went down for the count, exploding and gone for good.  "Neener neener, it's karma, beeyatch!"  Jane commented after Drew's 'threat terminated' line.  Calvin smirked under his visor, high fiving her and letting everyone know on a job well done.

---

Back at HQ, Jane and Calvin stood with the others.  Talking to the Captain like normal , everyone bragging on Wilson for the weapons (guessing) and going on with the normal debrief.  And even watching Drew get his official leader promotion!  A nice shiny pin to be put on his jacket!  Despite stuff that had been said and done today...he's the best suit for the job.  And he isn't alone.  They're all with him.  Calvin had his back.  Jane....she'd watched his back, but only if he sat in ice cream.  Que tomboy snickering.  But seriously, she'd have his back as well.  

Calvin saluted Drew, whereas Jane clapped with Olivia and the others.  They smiled, happy to witness a promotion and have some end-game for their friend.  Calvin and Jane looked at each other as Drew asked them about forgiveness.  Olivia probably said it best, really.  "She's right.  You're out friend, Drew.  Just don't forget we're here for you.  All of us.  Both in and out of duty."  Calvin commented.

Jane nodded and smiled at Drew. "I'm not into sappy shit.  But you're forgiven.  Just don't do it again.  Or I'll unleash the fury.  Speaking of which...." She said, whacking Lucas over the back of the head.  "Think I forgot I owed you that, didn't ya?"  She asked him, laughing.

Isaac would be harder to apologize to, definitely...being his brother and all.  Drew really needed some good luck, here...

Yep, they had all had more than enough of Volemera. so both guys were eager to revert all they got into the main weapon and finish the bastard off. As per usual, it went down with a big boom. This time it wouldn't come back. Geez... Imagine if the giants came back as even bigger giants. THAT'D BE BAD. High fives were exchanged, the battle now really over.

---

Eventually they were all back at Hq, getting debriefed, telling Wilson how awesome the new weapons were, all the normal ranger stuff. That, and Drew got his official promotion! He's not alone in this. Never as, never would be. Lucas and Tidal clapped, glad for their friend. And yea, he was forgiven.  "Friends first, rangers second, remember?"  Lucas smiled. The same words had been said to him, way back when they just began. Nice to be able to say the same thing to his friend now that he was the one who needed to hear it.

and then Jane whacked his head. Lucas flinched slightly, bust grinned."Why would i think you forgot? I know you after all!" He said, laughing. "Just expected it sooner.

now all there was left for Drew to do was apologize to Isaac. Might be harder, but surely the kid would forgive him.

Olivia and the Captain both chuckled and grinned at Lucas and Jane.  Drew didn't, really.  He looked distracted.  Clearly, he had more than tomboy fury on the brain...he felt bad.  He yelled at his brother, made him feel stupid, and on top of that, he was so stressed and finally cracked enough to even bring up their mom and dad.  Drew felt like...no...he was a shitty person.  He was happy to be team leader, knowing he wasn't alone, but even that wasn't enough.  He felt like he failed Isaac now.  Just by being a worthless piece of shit brother/parental figure to him.  He hung his head slightly, not knowing how he would apologize.

Olivia frowned slightly, looking at her father as if saying 'what do we do?'

From the doorway, a throat cleared.  Everyone turned their heads.  And in the doorway of the command center...was Isaac.  Still with the bandage on his face, still looking like crap and like the world had come against him today.  Olivia froze slightly, looking at the others.  Drew gulped.

"Isaac..."  He said.  First of all, how did he get in the base alone?  Second of all, why is here?

Isaac put his hand up.  "I just saw the whole becoming-leader thing.  And the pin.  You aren't the only one who has a new pin."  He said.  Drew tilted his head, just wanting to say he was sorry...  Isaac then pulled out an apron and a name tag from behind his back.  He put them both on.  And they're from the...Corner?  The coffee shop?  "I got a job.  Now I'm a barista-in-training at the Corner.  You have to be 16 to work in the city, and I'll be 18 soon enough so I exceed that."  He went on.  "My way of not being useless any more.  From now on, we both earn income to help us survive. We both work, and we both have something to be good at."  He said.  

Drew approached him.  "You didn't have to get a job..."  he muttered.  Isaac shook his head.  "Nope.  I did.  Part of the reason you're stressed out is because it's all on you.  Well, the team has your back here.  And I have it at home.  I wanna take some of the pressure of being a bread-winner off of you.  We split the chores at home, but that isn't enough.  You need support wherever you can get it, now more than ever."  Isaac said, taking full responsibility and being...an adult?  And he's only 17...most kids his age just wanna veg out all day.   But he isn't exactly like most kids his age...not with his family and the amount of time's he's personally been affected by the Armada.  Drew let a tear of surprise roll down his face.

"Isaac...I never wanted you to feel worthless or useless.  I was so mad earlier because I just--"  He started.  Isaac shushed him.  "You don't have to explain, Drew.  You're my big brother.  We have to look out for each other."  He said.  Drew just hugged him.  "I'm sorry Isaac."  He said to his little brother, shutting his eyes tight in regret.  Isaac hugged him back, a nice family moment...in front of a lot of powerful and important people.  "You're forgiven."  He replied.

Olivia held onto her fathers arm, both of them smiling as they watched.

The brothers had made up.  And soon after their moment, Drew took Isaac home...but not before buying Isaac a surprise on the way home to say sorry again.  Isaac wanted a bookshelf for his room, right?  Well, on the way home, Drew took him to a store, picked one out, and bought it!  How they got it home on a motorcycle is anyone's guess.  (they may have just paid extra to have it delivered instead)  As the Captain dismissed the others and Drew took his brother home, another day had been saved.  Drew learned confiding in people is one of the most important things of all, and grew enough to accept his position as leader, all while Isaac set off and got himself a new job.  Both of them would work hard to support each other.  Family is the most important thing, here.  Drew, as well as the others, all fight for that.  Family.  Something the Emperor and his lackeys may never know the meaning of.  And now the Rangers had a real leader, and he's determined to do the best he can.  Sleep soundly, Inezia.

End of Arc 24.

PenBlade1326 PenBlade1326 marorda marorda

Arc 25: Game On

Really the adjustment to Drew's leadership wasn't hard. He'd been indirectly leading everyone for so long. Now he just has a fancy pin to make it official! Hooray! Over a week had gone by and life in Inezia was about as normal as it could be at the moment. And in not-so-Armada related news, all geeks of Inezia were glad to hear about the arrival of a new online game surfacing! Dragon Quest! It wasn't ready for release, but a beta had been released in order to gain feedback and give players a new opportunity to try it out before launch. The beta could either be played at home, or even in the developer studio! Apparently there's also some kind of chance to become a video game tester. It paid well enough, and one lucky person could land the job by beating the beta in a certain amount of time on the highest difficulty boss...which when looking at stats was almost impossible.

Other than that, a certain tomboy is having a rough week. Her job at the radio station? They fired her. Apparently always leaving mid-broadcast and sometimes not coming at all or just being late was call for termination. If only they knew she had reasons for so...being a Ranger and all. So losing that job sucked.
And on top of that? Her sister is making her go dress shopping with her tomorrow! Gross! Dress shopping sounded like Hell...or at least looking at them did. Her sister wasn't buying a wedding dress just yet, but now is the time to look at some and try a few on, maybe even putting one into layaway or something. And Jane would have to look at dresses, herself. Sick!
And even on top of that which is on top of something else? Jane has been placed on...academic suspension. Her grades are slipping in college. Unsatisfactory performance, as the dean stated in an email. If she doesn't get her grades up and fix her GPA, she's losing financial aid...and possibly getting kicked out of school. You'd think that in a world that's post-apocalyptic and covered in dome cities with aliens invading, a snooty old dean would be loose in his profession for the school. Bigger problems to worry about!!! But Jane wants to get her grades up...and after losing her job, she's a bit depressed. And not looking forward to dress hunting...and doesn't want to tell her parents about her grades. She can't even tell them why they're slipping. Sometimes being a Ranger comes first...and she can't tell them about that, because even though having an outlet outside of the team would be nice, she can't afford to worry them. She's the baby, after all. They'd be too worried. She has to look out for their feelings.

So, in order to keep herself from screwing up any further, Jane has asked Lucas to tutor her a bit. At least with history and English. She;s also asked Olivia to help her with mathematics and science. Jane isn't stupid, she knows basic stuff in each subject, but really she's fell so far behind she needs a little help. Everyone does sometimes, right? But...she sensed something different with everyone. Lately in the past few days, Jane has felt like everyone's...judging her. Like she's less intelligent, annoying and a bit irrelevant. Just lately when she's suggested something, everyone seemed to disregard her...hmm.
The team was supposed to take the day and just patrol around the city, sort of having a day off. So while all six of the Rangers are together and just kind of taking it easy today, she arranged it so Lucas and Olivia can tutor her today. At least they'd not disregarded her in this way...And at the Corner! Isn't Isaac working there now?
At the Corner, Jane was sat at a table alone with Lucas, everyone just ordered coffee from one of the girls there, someone else would bring it out later. She and Lucas were sitting at the table together, going over notes and a textbook. They'd been at it for a while, now. "I just don't get it, Lucas. Timelines and all of these names confuse me...and why on Earth does a research paper need to be so long? Who the Hell cares?" She asked Lucas, getting a little tired of the subject.

At the other table, Calvin sat with Tidal, Drew and Olivia. He glanced over at Jane and Lucas at their own table. "I remember school. First K through 12, then college...it all sucked. But I never got put on academic suspension. That's gotta suck, huh?" He asked the three of them. Really, that had to suck! Being threatened to lose aid and even enrollment. Jane didn't seem like the kind of person to fall behind so much...surely she isn't just a slacker. Sure she's impulsive and sometimes immature, but...hey that's just Jane!

Things had been rather quiet the past week. They all got to adjust to Drew being the official leader, Armada hadn't really been a pain in the ass. Lucas just had his job, Sean's birthday party, and class. Just one more semester to go, and then he'd finally graduate. Don't get him wrong, he didn't mind going to college and having a regular schedule, but... no college was nice too when one had a degree. Just look at Eveline. When she wasn't on duty, she'd spend her day sketching. Lucas knew what he'd do once he graduated: more working on his job, and plenty more time to write and continue building the world where his stories were set. Pretty much the main thing that remained here was history... Speaking of which... Jane asked him to tutor her.

Her week must have sucked, really. Basically being threatened to lose the financial aid, possibly getting kicked out of college, and losing your job? Damn. Lucas thought to have recalled Jane having mentioned her dislike for history, which happened to be one of his better subjects. So when she asked him to help her out, the only logical answer for him had been "sure". He would be there to help his friends when they needed him. Tutoring a friend in a subject she struggled with and he enjoyed? He'd do that. Especially if it would help with Jane not feeling even more like crap and actually getting kicked out of college.
It had been a while since they started, and they hadn't gotten an awful lot further. "Trust me," he chuckled slightly. "The length of this paper... This hardly means a thing." If only she knew how long the papers were you'd need to write prior to graduating... "And really, there's plenty of people who care. Learning how things came to be helps people understanding how the world works now, and there's plenty of lessons to be learned. If we were to forget all that happened, history is bound to repeat itself." Was he quoting one of his professors there? Sounded like it. He fell silent for a moment, thinking, staring at some spot on the wall. There had to be a way to make this seem more interesting to her... "Do you care if you pick up a book in a video game? All the lore and history of that world?" he asked after a while. He tapped on the book. "This here is pretty much the same. The lore of this world. The names are those of important NPCs. All you need to do is find an NPC whose story you think is interesting and write about that." There. Making it into a game had to make it more interesting to the gamer girl, right? At least games appealed more to her interest than dull text on pages, not?

"I never even went to school... not really," Tidal said, raising his hands. Really, there wasn't much of a school outside in the Wastelands. He knew enough to not get killed and to manage himself, but going to school? How would one even do that when there's hardly any buildings, teachers, and plenty of people didn't even live long enough to make it through school? Harsh and dark, yes, but it was the bitter truth. And one of the main reasons why crime rates out there were off the charts.

The past week had been...surprisingly normal. Adjusting to his role of leadership wasn't so bad. Drew didn't feel different...and with the help of Isaac and his friends, he'd found it easy to cope with more responsibility and all. He wasn't as stressed. Maybe a bit, though. Meh, everyone's got something to stress over it seems. But leader role aside, life was normal. He'd worked at the shop all week much to his dismay. He really didn't like working as a mechanic...he didn't like cars too much, given his past. But it puts food on the table. Maybe one day he'd be able to quit the job and work as something else...speaking of working, Isaac's got a job now. He's still in training, really, but he's a fast learner. And his schedule is flexible with doctor appointments, as well. Working at the Corner isn't so bad, really...and he likes his co-workers, too! Jim especially! Plus the boss is super friendly. That always helps.
As for Olivia's time in the past few days? Just business as usual. Working, working, and more working. But upon all of the working...an anomaly. Jane asked her to tutor her in math and science courses. Made sense. Olivia is highly skilled with numbers, and she knows a lot about general science and technology. She isn't an expert, but she isn't a Spirit of Intellect for just any old reason now is she?

The Corner was nice. Cozy, too. The smell of coffee made Drew and Olivia both smile and relax. Today's a flexible day, as well, so while technically working they had some time to themselves. But really the team is always on duty. Just some days they don't have to report in to the base. After all, the world is kind of gone for the most part. Can never take a huge break.
Olivia happily agreed to tutor Jane. While Lucas was off at another table with her, Olivia chatted with the guys, having just ordered coffee. Drew ordered one as well...hey, Isaac works today! Must be in the back, Drew didn't see him anywhere.

"Maybe not going to school wasn't so bad. You turned out okay. You aren't unintelligent. Just you probably don't know the Pythagorean theorem. But honestly, who needs to know that on a daily basis?" Olivia said softly to Tidal. Drew raised a brow. "Olivia...you work with math every day with the databases. I think you need to know that stuff on a daily basis." Drew said. She paused. "Oh...right. Well...I'm a bad example, then, Tidal. But still, I think you turned out fine without school." She added.
Drew smirked at her. "But Calvin's right. Poor Jane, getting fired at the radio station, now on the brink of flunking college and losing aid? That really sucks." He said.
"It does. I'd never have thought Jane would be so close to failing entirely...maybe duty's getting to her. Must be difficult for her to balance school and this line of work."

Out from the back, carrying a tray with 6 coffees on it, Isaac walked out. His apron on and a Corner t shirt under it. "Six cups of Joe, creamers on the side and complimentary muffins for tables 2 and 3 (random table numbers)." Isaac said, walking over to Drew and the others' table, placing the tray down, handing them each their coffees and muffins.
Drew smiled. "Well. Look at you, all server-like. How's training going?" He asked. "It's great! I'm learning a lot really fast. Boss says I'll be able to man the register and make drinks like nobody's business. And Jim's like my personal tutor." He said, waving over to Jim behind the counter. "Anyway, here's your coffees and muffins. Speaking of tutors." He said, waving to them slightly before making his way to Jane and Lucas, greeting them while the tutoring went on and giving them their coffees and muffins. "How's it going, guys?" he asked them both kindly.

Calvin laughed softly at Olivia. She herself needs to know particular math every day, and she tried telling Tidal nobody did. Good job. She meant well, though. "Also, not going to school means you didn't have to put up with the crappy people that end up going there with you. I was glad to get away from a lot of other kids when I graduated. But Tidal probably had more life threatening shit to worry about, no?" Calvin said, bumping Tidal's shoulder across the table. But Jane came back up as a topic.
"Yep. It does suck...I mean, Jane is just a kid, really. Maybe all of this stuff is finally taking a toll and getting a little insane. Don't you guys agree?" he asked the three of them. Really, she's only a kid. Though he knew better than to say that to her. Maybe next fight she could sit it out and study while the others took care of it?
Then, coffee! And Isaac. "Looking good, Isaac. Glad you like your job. Thanks for the coffee by the way." He said to him, smiling and sipping on his dark coffee, biting into the muffin after.

Jane furrowed her eyebrows. "Do you really think everything is like a game to me?" She asked Lucas, running her hands through her hair and tugging on the ends just at her shoulders. "Even so, nothing about this past matters. Why on the ever-living Earth would I have to know why Joe Shmo took a dump in his house." She said. Not a quote from the textbook, but it was something she'd just thought of. And did he have to use a video game reference? Didn't have to talk to her like she was a child. But really, he wasn't talking to her like that...he was trying to help. Maybe because she's just in this state of mind where she's inferior she just misread what he said. "God no wonder I'm falling behind, I'm an idiot." She thought aloud, just feeling like part of the reason she was so behind was because she probably spent a lot of time gaming...and saving the world, but also gaming.
She snapped her head up at Isaac as he brought their coffee and instantly relaxed a bit and smiled slightly. "Thanks Isaac. It's going...well, it could be going better." She said honestly, letting out a long breath. But not she had video games on the mind, distracted. "Hey, you sign up for the Dragon Quest beta? I hear more and more people getting into it every day. Thought the devs are super hush about it. Almost like they don't really exist." She said to him. (forshadowing)
---
On the main ship of the Armada, something most sinister was brewing. Again. Volmour had taken a few pointers from Actera's software in Volemera and developed something of his own. Something to kill off a lot of the population in Inezia and not leaving anybody the wiser. Not to mention, a Power Ranger! Volmour knew that at least two Rangers were into something called video games. Maybe one more than the other. This new creation would make short work of them and anybody who interfered!
Volmour knelt before the Emperor and Empress in the throne room/observation deck. "My lord, my lady, my latest creation is currently inside Inezia as we speak, lurking about in the very realms of cyber space." he reported.

"My robot has laid a trap out for the youth of Inezia, as well as two Rangers, potentially! My robot, Modetron (return of the tron suffix!) will lure in unsuspecting fools and trap them in a video game. They think they're playing, but really their lives are ours! Modetron's game rules only allow those to leave once they complete and impossible task. Not even the Rangers can stop him!" He explained and broke into a laugh.

Jim waved back at Isaac upon hearing his name and grinned. Nice kid, eager to learn, and a fast learner too. Really, if he kept it up like this, Isaac would be a full-fledged barista in no time. Today was mostly serving drinks, but next time the kid came in, it would be about time Jim would teach him how to make some of the drinks. Easier ones first, the complicated ones would follow later, when he had a little more experience.

"In mathematics, the Pythagorean theorem, also known as Pythagoras's theorem, is a fundamental relation in Euclidean geometry among the three sides of a right triangle. It states that the square of the hypotenuse - the side opposite the right angle- is equal to the sum of the squares of the other two sides." Tidal said, tugging the sides of his jacked before cracking a smile. "I have no idea what about half of those words mean, but I may or may not have been snooping around in some books I found scattered over HQ. I've been trying to teach myself a thing or two." Really, all he knew about the words he had spouted there was that it had something to do with shapes. "Yeah, I had worse things to deal with. Like... not getting murdered, acidic water..." His gaze drifted over towards the other table. Topic was back on Jane, poor kid. She sure didn't have much luck in the last week huh? "I guess so..." he agreed with the rest. Jane was just a kid, the youngest in the group anyway, so it only made sense the pressure of this all weighed even more heavily on her than it did on the rest. And let's not forget she's the only one who doesn't have someone to confide in. Maybe it was all just getting a bit too much for her?

"Easy there," Lucas said. Really, Jane didn't have to get so upset and snappy. Sure, he got she was stressed, but he was only trying to help her out here. She even asked him to do so! Aaand.. her mind had wandered off again. Just mentioning the word "games" seemed to be enough to ruin her concentration and make her focus on basically anything other than the history paper she should be focusing on.
"Hey Isaac," Lucas greeted him with a smile as he took his coffee from him. "It's going alright here, could be better indeed though. I see you're doing well also." Really, Lucas came here often enough to have seen Isaac at work on a regular base. He was doing a great job, and from what he could tell the kid enjoyed working here. That's always a big and important thing, really. "Jane, I get the new game coming up is very exciting, but you have to focus now," Lucas said in a somewhat stricter tone than before. Really, he still was tutoring her here. If she'd stay unfocused and stuck in a game like this... how was she going to finish her paper and get her GPA up again? Granted, Dragon Quest was a pretty big thing. He himself had signed up for the beta as well. More for the heck of it than to win that position and get paid for gaming. He was more of a casual himself, playing for fun. Besides, he had a job he enjoyed already, why look for a new one?

Olivia blinked as Tidal recited pretty much exactly what the theorem was. "I see. Well. Color me shocked." She said softly. She only used that as an example, not at all testing Tidal's knowledge, just she assumed...oh well. Ya learn something new every day, right? She sipped on her coffee, slowly, not letting the heat burn her tongue. She learned her lesson yesterday morning. In fairness, Wilson made the coffee at HQ yesterday. That man never thinks to tell anyone the coffee literally just got done...oh well.
Drew just laughed slightly as Tidal spoke. Damn...
"Well, you certainly don't lack for willingness to learn." he commented. "Well...wasteland life sounds pleasant." He added on. Olivia smirked slightly.
"I agree completely. Jane's so young, we don't think about what must go through her mind." Olivia said.
"Funny how just a week ago I was super stressed and needed to learn to confide. Now Jane's pretty stressed out and having a bad week. Plus she has no one outside of us..." Drew noted.

Isaac bit his lower lip, quietly excusing himself from Lucas and Jane's table with a nod. He returned to Drew and the others. "Jane's a bit...stressed. Maybe not as much as you were the other day, bro, but that girl is ready to burst." He said softly to them all, whispering it before returning to work.
Drew and Olivia looked over at Lucas and Jane once again. Eek.
---
Urthemial and Splica both nodded and listened as Volmour went on about his latest plan and creation. They sat together, side by side on their thrones. "Hmm. Video games are a human construct meant to entertain and kill brain cells, yes?" Urthemial said. Splica let out a breath. "Dear husband, I think they entertain and develop skill with hand-eye coordination. At least that's what my senses tell me." She replied. Urthemial raised an arm to her. "Bah!"

"This Modetron had better not fail. But if he does capture the minds of the youth of Inezia, including a Ranger or two, perhaps it'll give us an advantage." Urthemial said. Splica nodded. "How does this plan work, exactly?" She asked.

Volmour nodded and rose up to his feet. "Modetron will not falter, my lord. As for your question, my Empress, Modetron simply lures the humans in with a game called 'Dragon Quest'. Once they start playing, they become addicted rather quickly, and then their minds are ripped from their heads and placed into the game, leaving their bodies in a state of a coma, leaving them as useless bags of flesh. Modetron sets the rules so that they cannot leave the game unless they defeat a high-level enemy...and said enemy is 100 times stronger than anything in the game! They'll never be able to beat it! The humans will be trapped forever!" He plotted.
"We need only set it in motion. Dozens of citizens are already playing in their homes, unaware of what will happen to them over time. Modetron is currently seeking out the Rangers capable of succumbing to his trap. He will find them soon enough. And when he does, the other Rangers will try so hard to save their friends they may even venture into the game as well. But, nothing they do will win!"

Really, Volmour learned a lot from Actera when it comes to software. Enough to make his own in this sense, anyway.
---
"Has to be rough. Maybe we should actually consider letting her take time off of the next battle so she can study and everything. Might help her in the long run, no?" Calvin asked. Calvin then glanced up at Isaac upon his return before going back to work. Jane's ready to burst? Yikes...can't be good.

Jane rolled her eyes slightly at Lucas. "Yeah yeah. Thanks, mom." She muttered at him. She comically 'slammed' her head on the table. This was insane. Focusing on a topic of events that happened so long ago that weren't important now. News flash, the world ended; none of what these people did in the past matters now. Or so she thought. Jane's head began to ache. And Lucas talking to her like she was a kid bothered her Even if he didn't directly mean to sound like he was talking to a kid.
She excused herself from the table. "Ugh, I need a second." She said. Really, the expectations that the educational system put on students was insane. Especially with the state of the world...sure people are living happily in the domes, but honestly one would think with the bigger priorities they'd be a little slacked off.

Jane walked over to the other table with Calvin and the others, placing her hands on a free side of the table. "Would it be entirely sinful to decimate the educational system?" She asked. "I'm so tired, it feels like I'm not making any progress at all." She said, hating on her own stupid brain.
Calvin glanced up at her and then at the others. "See? If we try and keep her out of a fight in the future, maybe she'll get rest and be able to study." He said, rather adult-like. Jane raised a brow...was he even listening? (okay guys, basically just have everyone unintentionally ignore her and talk like she isn't there, like her thoughts aren't considered since she's the youngest)

Volmour's plan sounded intriguing. "Hmm. Alright, Volmour. Modetron sounds promising. And if he manages to capture a Ranger or two, he might just earn you a commendation." Urthemial said.
Splica chuckled. "He'd earn one faster if we just invaded full-scale."
"Fool woman, you know we can't. Dome shields are too strong, we can only get a few ground forces in. Besides, the plan is already working."
---
Drew and Olivia thought it over for a moment. "Hmm. Perhaps we should...if it would help her, that is. I'd hate it if she lost her aid and got kicked out of school. I think we could manage without her in one fight." Olivia said to the others, thinking about it.
Drew nodded in response. "Yeah. I'll probably end up telling her to sit the next one out. She has to study, school's important. And after losing her job, she can't afford to lose school, too." He said. Jane's week really sucked, but she had to work her hardest in order to put everything back together.
Hey, they online game is giving someone a chance to get paid to test video games, right? maybe she could do that if she were lucky. After all, she does love video games. So does Isaac, but he only signed up for the beta. No interest in the job, really.

And then, a very stressed Jane appeared! Olivia first thought she was ready for the math or science portion of tutoring, but she just wanted to kill the educational system and everything. Just something most kids say to be dramatic, right? Olivia paid it no mind. "Indeed...maybe it'd be best if she got a break? Take time off of work with us and put her studies ahead." She said.
Drew looked up at Jane--but not really looking at her, more like looking at a kid who's just saying something top be saying something--and then the others. And in the most adult way possible, he stated: "That's probably best. After all, losing education so young wouldn't be a good thing. Kids gotta stay in school, even if it means putting some things behind for a while."

(leaving Actera still out of this cause she probably can't do anything here XDD)

"Very pleasant, do visit more often and enjoy the lovely scenery and people," Tidal replied, smirking (foreshadowing too XDD). His eyes darted over tot he table where Jane sat at again. "Girl hasn't had her week," he commented. "Maybe it is a good idea to have her sit this one out. She's just a kid, after all. In hindsight, having a kid become a power ranger might not be the best idea. Whoever thought it would be a good idea to turn teenagers with attitude into superheroes?" Not that he questioned her capabilities, really. She had proven to be a good ranger, but she still had a future to work on with school and her job... well... former job. She had enough to worry about as it is. Maybe being a ranger was just asking too much of someone who was hardly an adult anyway?

Lucas sighed and rolled his eyes at Jane. Really, she asks him for help, and when he's telling her to actually focus on being tutored, this was what he got? She couldn't quite make it more obvious she didn't care at all about history, right? He nodded as Jane excused herself. "Yeah, maybe taking a break is a good thing," he mumbled, packing her notes and books before making his way over to the rest, overhearing the ongoing situation. He nodded in agreement with what the rest was saying and sat down on a free chair.

"Sounds like that might be a good idea," Lucas said. Sure, a short break from studying now couldn't hurt if it wouldn't last too long, but a slightly longer break from ranger duties? Might be just the thing she needed. "It would give her time to work on that research paper, and that literature synopsis... and all the rest." Jane had plenty to do for college if she wanted to catch up without getting interrupted by their favorite invaders from outer space.
"Indeed," Tidal agreed. "Kids shouldn't have too many responsibilities. Saving the world, finding a job, and going to school? Too much. The world will be just fine if it's just the five of us for a little while."

Jane just listened to everyone as they talked about here in disbelief. They were all literally disregarding her and acting like she wasn't even there. And who were they all to say she'd be better off taking time off as a Ranger? "Hey, I'm right here!" She said to them. "Since when do you all think of me as just some kid? You guys aren't that much older than me, we're all technically 'just kids'." She stated defensively.
Calvin acknowledged her. "Well Jane, out of all of us, you're the only one with a future to mold. We've all got something figured out. We're just thinking about you." He said. Jane scoffed. "Who are you, my father?" She asked. "I can handle responsibilities." She said in another layer of defense. Calvin unintentionally ignored her. "Hey maybe we can have Max or Evie tag along sometime in her place? Just to back us up with a couple of troops when Jane's studying? I'm sure they wouldn't mind, and I'm sure the Captain would authorize it." He suggested, onto something in his head. Really, he thought that could work! Gave soldiers some field time and Jane time to apply that passion of gaming and everything into school. As fine as it was to be a gamer, playing video games all day wouldn't get her much of anywhere would it?

Jane just stepped back from the table and scoffed at them all. It's like none of them are listening to her...ignoring her, not at all caring what she has to say. All because she's in academic suspension? Since when is her school life their business? Granted she asked for tutoring...but that's it. Tutoring, not friends going behind her back and calling her a child without valid opinions. "I don't have to sit here and be talked to like an idiot. Screw this, I'm out of here." She said to herself as the others carried on about how stupid she was...or at least that's how she interpreted it. She shoved her things into a backpack and fled from the Corner. Calvin somehow hadn't even noticed her leaving...
As she walked, she bumped into someone walking on the sidewalk. Thankfully, she wasn't upset to just be rude to another person. "Oh, I'm sorry!" She said to the person...only to see it was Tanner, her future in-law. She groaned. "Oh, never mind." She said in annoyance and crossed her arms.
Tanner charmingly smiled at her, waving a latte he'd gotten at another coffee shop. "Why, hello, Jane. A pleasure to see you." He greeted. Jane rolled her eyes again. "Cut the rich and fancy crap, Tanner." She replied, looking him up and down...he dressed like your average rich boy who knew they had money and wanted to show it off. Meanwhile, Jane just looked...like Jane.
"That isn't a way to greet family. Besides, I couldn't cut it anyway if I wanted to." He replied.
"Of course you couldn't..."
"So, what brings you out here today? I see you have a bag with you. Class?" he asked. She scoffed. "If you have to know, I was just studying with some...friends. But I've had enough for one day, so I'm probably gonna go home and slaughter innocent forest-dwelling creatures online." She said...grim. Tanner nodded.
"Hmm. If you're in the mood to play a video game, you had ought to just come with me. I'm on my way to the Dragon Quest developer studio. I'm gonna give that job landing a shot. You should come. I hear you lost your other job at that...charming, radio station." He said, merely to annoy her. She huffed. "Ya know wha-...hmm. Actually...yeah. Let's go." She agreed. Jane may not be perfect in school, and her friends may think she's just a kid to be ignored, but if she's good at anything? Gaming. She could probably even land that job and beat Tanner at it...she'd show them all! She joined Tanner on an annoyingly-paced conversation and walk to the studio. A legit studio, but the devs office in said studio apparent'y was...new?

Back at the Corner, Calvin had only just noticed something different...hmm. "Hey guys? Where's Jane?" He asked them, looking around and seeing her stuff just gone. Huh...they'd all been talking about her so much, it's almost like they ignored her so much they didn't even notice her...

"Yeah, we're all just trying to help you out here, Jane," Lucas said, agreeing with Calvin. As he stated they could perhaps ask Evie or Max along, Lucas grinned and nodded. "Yeah, that could work! Evie certainly wouldn't mind." She had, after all stated to be a little jealous. While the rangers fought the big leagues, she was stuck with the cannon fodder, as she put it. And although she did get slightly injured the last two times she faced a bigger league, she was ever eager for more adventure and butt kicking.
"Why not ask both?" Tidal suggested.

"Now that you mention it..." Lucas said, glancing around and noticing Jane was gone.
"Perhaps she just decided to take a break elsewhere? Get some fresh air?" Tidal asked. He wasn't too worried. Jane could handle herself. Lucas did feel a little bad though. Not noticing their friend left when she was already feeling down? Ouch.

Okay, so everyone here aside from Jane is in their early 20's. All adults, but technically kids. But youth didn't always mean you're a kid or an adult, did it?
Drew had also heard her. "Right. You still have a long ways to go compared to us all, just you should probably consider your options and focus on school while you can." He said...sort of in a parental way, almost like he was talking to Isaac. She's the youngest of them all, it's only natural they all want to keep her on the best path possible. But hey, they knew she was capable of handling herself, they didn't think she was stupid. Just school is important in any setting!
"I think that's a wonderful idea! My father certainly wouldn't mind. Eveline could provide amazing ground support, and Max could lead the troops around that want to follow." Olivia said in agreement with Calvin's idea, smiling slightly.

A little bit of time had gone by. Something was off. Calvin pointed out something a bit...obvious, but they'd not noticed it already. Jane's gone. When did she leave? They were all just talking to her..or about her. And then they talked some more...hmm.
"Tidal's right. Maybe she got some air. She did look pretty tense." Olivia said. Drew nodded...if anyone knows tense, it's him. Especially after last week.
"I thought she was being tutored? Aren't tutors supposed to decide when the session's over?" Drew asked. And then he felt bad...Jane left and they hadn't even noticed. And she was having a shit week, too. Gosh, girl can't get a break can she?

Tanner led Jane to the studio. Apparently, being rich was a big thing into getting a first-hand shot at going for the job. And Tanner didn't even need the job! He just wanted it for the sake of having something to do. Likely he'd use money he earned from it on stupid stuff rich people waste spare money on. Like new shoes to add to a collection of hundreds of pairs, shining stuff for cars or something that's lick the latest in technology or gadgets and gizmos. Ugh.
The studio was the only one of its kind in the city. Video games and online game servers were developed and managed here. Not the biggest priority in the world, given circumstances, but it did have good income, so the city could really use the funding. And a portion of all proceeds actually went to useful stuff for the city, so the gaming industry wasn't all bad! But the developers of Dragon Quest seemed a but quiet. And nobody had ever heard of them...maybe they're new to the building? The industry? They did say that their game would capture the minds of many and sweep players off of their feet, guaranteeing they'd not want to leave the game. Sounded like a lot of promise!

The two approached the building. About the size of the radio station, really, if not a tad bigger. "Wow. Never been here before. Not where the corporate gamers are." She commented, looking at the building. Tanner smirked and flashed the gross rich guy smile. "Grand, isn't it? Only the finest get invited here. Luckily, you bumped into me." He said, cocky. Jane clenched her fist and started making sounds a serial killer might make when holding back.
"Let's just go inside before I rearrange your limbs." Jane muttered. Tanner grinned. "As you wish." He said. This guy wasn't much of a jerk, but gee he was annoying...snooty rich guy syndrome much? Hell, he hadn't even been invited! He's going because he's rich and can probably buy the job...as odd as it sounds. Buying something that will pay you.
Jane and Tanner walked into the building, and in the front lobby was a row of computers. Each one set up with Dragon Quest booted up, loaded and ready for lucky people to partake in its beta. "I suppose we just sit down and play?" Tanner said.
"Well this isn't suspicious at all. You weren't even invited here, are they expecting us? Expecting anyone?" Jane wondered...and she swore that from one of the computers she could hear people yelling. From where she stood, it looked like a bunch of NPCs screaming at something in the game. Maybe someone left the game open and unattended?

Tanner approached the computers, Jane following suit...she had a bad feeling about this. "Hey Tanner maybe we should bail. I don't think--" Jane started, cut off by a door swinging open. And out from the hall, stepped a robot. Modetron. Jane and Tanner's gazes jumped to him, startling them both and making Jane whip into a combat stance, Tanner screaming like a little girl.
"Ahhh! You've both fallen into my trap!" He said. Jane huffed. "Trap? What trap, who are you?!"
"I am Modetron! And you're both here ready to play my game!" Replied the robot. He sounded...nerdy! Like a stereotype of a nerd, put in a robot. "Your game?" She asked...then looked at the computers. And those weren't NPCs on screen...they were people. In the computer...how? "What have you done to them?" She asked.
"Only what I'm about to do to you, Ranger!" Modetron spat back at Jane. Tanner froze and stared at Jane as she bravely stood up to this robot. "Ranger?" He asked her...what the...oh no. He knows about her now...Jane cursed.
---
Back on the ship, Volmour watched Modetron's progress. "It seems the Blue Ranger has fallen for our trap. As well as some foolish human with her. Not another Ranger like I had thought." He reported.
"Modetron, that boy is no Ranger! He's expendable. Kill him now." Volmour ordered.
---
Modetron nodded. "Yes, master Volmour!" He said. Jane jumped in an effort to attack, only to be swatted back, dropping her backpack on the floor. She was sent back against Tanner, him catching her. She quickly put her morpher up to her lips and screamed into it, unsure of what was going on. "Guys! Help, I'm under att-" She mustered before getting cut off. Modetron opened up some kind of portal coming from a computer monitor...sucking both Jane and Tanner into it. Their bodies, as well as their minds. As they were sucked in through a vortex...they were put inside of...Dragon Quest?

Back at the Corner, as everybody spoke with one another, everyone's morphers went off, hearing Jane's partial cry for help. She sounded like she was in serious trouble. Calvin listened, speaking into it. "Jane? Jane!" He said into it, snapping into protective mode. He looked at the others, feeling Jane's sense of panic. Her location was in the morpher based on where it came from, so they had somewhere to go. "We have to go." Calvin said to the others, getting up in a hurry and making haste out of the Corner. They could go on foot, but they'd have to sprint like crazy if she's in trouble.

Last edited:
A little bit of time had passed. Drew and Olivia were sat with the others at the Corner, drinking coffee and eating muffins when they got the call. It caught them both of guard slightly, making Drew jump and Olivia almost gasp. Well, now they know where Jane ran off to...and judging by the sound of her call, she's in trouble. Plus she sounded scared, from what Olivia could tell! Oh no!
"Jane, can you hear me?" Drew asked into his morpher. No reply, though. She'd been cut off, something had happened to Jane. Whatever it was, it wasn't good.

Both he and Olivia nodded as Calvin suggested they leave. Drew left behind some cash to pay for their coffees on the table, giving Isaac a 'code red' signal before darting out of the Corner with the others. Olivia had Jane's location pulled up, telling everyone exactly where to go, so all they had to do was run.

Some time after, when they were all just sitting there, sipping their coffee and eating muffins, Jane called. Lucas and Tidal perked up. Sounded like they knew where she went... But she was in trouble. Damn... If they had been paying more attention... Now she was under attack and seemed maybe just a tad afraid. Uh-oh. "Jane? Jane!" Lucas also tried calling her through the morpher. No response. Yeah, that definitely meant trouble. Tidal cursed quietly under his breath, and once again couldn't really help but feel sorry for her. Man, she really wasn't having her week!

They, too, nodded at Calvin. Best they got moving as fast as they could,before things got from bad to worse! Lucas waved a quick goodbye to Jim, who looked up in surprise to see them all leave so suddenly. Thankfully, they knew where to go. Now they just had to hurry.

"Man... What is it with them?" Jim asked Isaac, lightly shaking his head. "More often than not they just... rush off like that." Maybe the kid knew. He was, after all, Drew's little brother. But maybe the kid was just as clueless as he was.

(Hey, people they see often just had to start asking questions at some point :p )

Modetron's cackled could be heard from the time they'd been sucked up to the time they'd entered the world of Dragon Quest. Jane and Tanner fell to their knees upon entering, at the starting point of the MMO from what had been seen in beta trailers. The usual rules of the beta and game popped up in front of them...really big since they were IN the game. Tanner started to freak out, Jane just reacted by thinking 'oh crap, another weird plot of the Armada.'
"Are we...are we IN Dragon Quest?!" Tanner asked, freaking out. "And were we attacked by a monster?!" He asked again, starting to go into shock. Drama king. Jane slapped him across the face. A, because that's a quick way to calm someone down in this situation, and B...it felt good."Calm down, Tanner. Breath. And it wasn't a monster...it was a robot. Monsters are more apparent." She said.
Tanner nodded...then remembered what he heard as he rubbed his cheek. "That thing said...Ranger...Jane, are you--" He asked. Jane huffed. "Yes. Secret's out, okay? I'm...I'm the Blue Ranger." She revealed.
He gasped dramatically. "Oh this is...rich! My sister in law is a Power Ranger! This is swell! Oh we have to tell everyone! Think of how much you'd get!" He exclaimed all on one breath. Jane slapped him again.
"Hey, idiot. We're kind of in a pinch here? Remember? And nobody can ever find out...you shouldn't have found out, but that Modetron creep outed me." She said. They both looked around again...still at the starting point of the game world.

Just as they'd said that, Modetron appeared as a hologram-like figure. Tanner yelped, Jane whipping into a stance. "Modetron! What do you want? What have you done to us?" She asked.
He laughed in a nerdy fashion. His metallic grey body radiated in the visual of him, glasses seemingly sculpted on his head, his body plain like a blank avatar. But totes a robot. He's blocky! "I digitized you! Sucked your bodies into my game dimension! You and all other people playing the game right now! Even the people who actually work in the studio are here! Well, I forced them in like you, but still!" He explained.
Jane huffed as Tanner hid behind her. "Oh yeah? You might have trapped us, but my friends will come for me!" Jane shouted.
Modetron laughed. "You talk tough! But do you really think they'd rescue you? To them you're just an immature kid!" he said, making her fist clench.
"Now, I have a lot more people to introduce to their fates forever! Stuck in my world! Tat-ta!" He said. And just like that, Modetron was gone. Jane cursed, Tanner freaking out again. She tried to morph, but her morpher didn't work in here. She cursed again. She read through the game rules as they were still in the air...they had to play to survive and beat a big boss to leave? And they still got to pick a class...hmm.

"I guess we're stuck here. I have to get these people out of here. I choose...Warrior class, sword and shield. If I tank my way through, nothing can kill me and I'll just hack away at that boss!" She said, picking a class, armor and weapons materializing over her. She clung the sword and shield together. "Yes!" She said, looking at Tanner. "Well? Aren't you gonna pick something? You have to defend yourself, and I won't protect the whole time. It's a video game, you'll have lots of power!" She said to nudge him into fighitng. He sighed. "Fine...but I don't want anything near me. We're physically here...I'll stay ranged. I choose mage." He said, choosing his class and having a robe and staff appear before him. "I can stay away, do some damage and buff you up." e said. Jane nodded. "I guess this is it. Let's go...find out what we need to do."

As Jane and Tanner were getting used to the world they were in, Calvin, led by Drew and the others, made their way over to the studio. Jane's location was on the GPS of the morpher, and her personal signal was gone. But they knew where to go. Calvin burst in the front doors, swinging them open and ready to knock some skulls. Standing over the row of computers was Modetron in his physical form. He turned around.
"Ah! Power Rangers! You're too late. Little miss Blue Sue has already fallen into my trap. Good luck getting her out, and good luck with the rest f the populace!" He said to the Rangers. Calvin charged at him, swinging his fist...but Modetron poofed away. He zapped himself into the computers, somewhere in the game world.
Calvin huffed. "He got away!" He said. "Did he say Jane was trapped? What does..." HE wondered, picking up Jane's fallen backpack off of the floor. She was definitely here at some point. Calvin then looked at the computers...seeing the devs of the game on one screen, too scared to do anything, and on another...Jane! And Tanner! IN THE GAME?!??!

Behind the scenes, reports of people all over the city were piling in. People vanish, all playing the game and then zap! They wee gone...this was grim. What the Hell is going on?

Lucas and Tidal just hurried along with the others, getting to Jane's last known location as fast as they could. Which was... The game dev studio? Well... That was odd, kind of. Why in the world or what was left of it would something try to attack in a place full of people who didn't know how to fight except for in a virtual system? No wait, don't answer that. Armada always attacked people who hardly knew how to fight. Random people in the street, mostly. So why was a studio so interesting? Not much there except people who spend their entire day behind computer screens.

As they burst through the doors and stood face to face with th monster, Lucas and Tidal suppressed a chuckle. "Now that's an awful stereotype," Lucas commented. A robot nerd. It even had glasses on it. Only thing missing was a bow tie and suspenders.
"I heard there was a time nerds got beaten up for building robots. Now they have robots looking like said nerds," Tidal commented, taunting the robot.
But the robot quickly poofed away, saying... WAIT WHAT? Jane was trapped?

"He did," Lucas nodded, looking around for clues as of what the actual crap had happened. Where were all the people? His eyes followed Calvin's gaze to the computer screens. People. Trapped.... In the actual game?!
"I know they're taking virtual reality to a new level," Tidal commented, leaning in over Lucas' and Calvins shoulder. "But this takes the cake... Granted this was not supposed to happen. At least I hope so."

Lucas' face paled. Hadn't he signed up for the beta? Yeah... Had he signed up for being sucked into a game? Definitely not. But wait... Hadn't Jane asked... Oh god... "Drew? Just to be sure, you might wanna warn Isaac to not play the Dragon Quest beta..."

Isaac looked up at Jim as the others rushed off out of the Corner, Isaac wiping the inside of a mug with a damp rag. "Oh they're just...always off in a hurry. They...oh look, table 4 needs more...napkins." He said, not sure what to say and awkwardly shuffling over to table 4 with a pile of napkins in hand. That was a close one.

A gaming develop studio? These were the coordinates, alright, but...what was Jane doing here? Had she gotten so annoyed that she just ran off to ignore her tutoring and everything to come play that game, even sign up for that job? This was weird, especially since nobody had really heard her leave in the first place...if they'd paid more attention to her maybe this wouldn't have happened. Drew led the others inside, coming face to face with a robot. Drew and Olivia both snapping their fists up. This thing was...nerdy. Plain in design, but glasses molded into its head? That's rich!
Before they could get him, he zapped away. But he said Jane was trapped...trapped where? Calvin grabbed her bag, so she was here before the others arrived...if this robot hurt her, Drew would kill him.
Olivia looked around the room, the studio so...empty. Where are the people who work here? Shouldn't a bunch of nice geeky men be walking around or on computers doing something?

And then it was clear. Something was coming from the monitors on the computers. People screaming....real people in the game? Olivia bent slightly and looked into the computer where the devs where...trapped and afraid in a video game?! And Drew leaned over Calvin, Lucas and Tidal's shoulders all together. Jane's in Dragon Quest? What the...he tapped then screen slightly, wondering if she could even hear or see them.
He nodded at Lucas' warning, shooting Isaac a quick text to not play the beta at all when he got off of work.

And like wildfire back in HQ, Captain Scott and Dr Wilson were receiving word of multiple reports of people just playing Dragon Quest and then...poof! Gone! Sucked in to their computers!
Dozens of people had already been reported missing. What in Sam Hill is going on? "Rangers? What's happening? People are going missing all over the city!" Captain Scott patched in to them.
"We know...and we've found the culprit already. You certainly won't believe this one, father..." Olivia replied to him...not sure she believed it either.

Jane and Tanner both jumped slightly at the tapping of the screen. It was like being a fish in a bowl when a pesky kid in a pet store is tapping away and trying to get the fishes attention. Jane glanced around, not seeing what was causing the tapping. So the others could see her in the game, but she couldn't see them on the opposite side of the screen. Nor could the devs on their computer, just screaming up to the sky for help.
As the Captain reported in about other people getting sucked in, Calvin sighed. "An evil video game that captures people...great." Calvin looked at the others. "She can't see us, or hear us for that matter, it seems. We should talk this computer back to HQ, try and get her and everyone else out." He suggested.

But wouldn't taking this computer back mean they'd have to unplug it? Who's to say if they unplug it, Jane won't just be....erased? Sure the game runs on a huge server, but there's a risk in unplugging the computer she's...playing on, so to speak. Not to mention that Tanner guys is with her, he's also at risk.
"On second thought...let's take that one. Nobody's on it, maybe we can set up a firewall at the base and try and figure out what's going on. see if we can find a way to get her out." He said. He then moved over to unplug it, handing the keyboard to Olivia and the computer tower to Tidal, he himself carrying the monitor. "Now, let's get this back to HQ." He suggested to the others, waiting for Drew to lead the way back.

In the game world, Jane and Tanner proceeded onward, weirded out by all that they saw and felt. The game was full of other people...confused and lost. "Man...look at all of these people. Looks like they were all sucked in, too Only they got pulled in blind..probably just playing one minute and then caught in the next." Tanner said. He himself felt weird about this, but he hadn't realized other people, at least not this many, were pulled in as well. Average people, too...some of which looked just unfit for actual combat in the game. C'mon, let's be real here.
Jane nodded. Apparently, no matter where people were in the game when they got pulled in, they were brought here to this area. A common ground, it seemed. A place where all players ended up it would seem...
"Funny. We're in an online game where anything can spawn at any time, but I don't see any--" Tanner said as they walked through, cut off by a group of the games generic enemies. Undead warriors. The other players began to scatter, obviously freaking out because they're in real danger in a the game now...great. Jane sighed and gripped her sword. "Well, I guess a little XP won't hurt. C'mon." She said to Tanner, being the only gamer to rush in to the undead, swinging her sword and bashing her shield. She had to play by the games rules, so her attacks weren't too crazy...but she was able to fight at least.
Tanner sighed and shivered. Fighting...monsters...sure this is a game, but this is insane!!! He brought his staff up, putting up a barrier over himself for protection, running ahead.

"This is weird even for Armada terms," Lucas said, lightly shaking his head. And it was true. Evil death robots they could deal with, a walking piece of antique? No biggie. But a big nerd robot trapping people inside computers? Things probably couldn't get any weirder from here on, really! Better not say that out loud though, he might jinx even weirder stuff happening anytime soon... At least Lucas knew he was not going to play Dragon Quest. First of all, they had a real monster (okay, robot) to fight here, secondly... he didn't feel too much for being sucked into a video game. What if it was anything like those movies and books and series done on the subject already? Die in the game, you die in real life. All those poor people! This weird robot had to be stopped soon, before they would figure out if it really was that bad.

Tidal nodded at Calvin's reasoning. Better safe than sorry, after all. He didn't know all that much on computers, but... unplugging something where people were trapped in... seemed just like the perfect recipe for disaster. "We'd better hurry, yeah," he said as Calvin handed him the computer tower, careful not to drop it. Someone was gonna have to take that along in the car. Keeping this thing on his bike seemed like another perfect way for things to go wrong. Granted, there were no people trapped inside this one, but it might be their only way to get Jane, and all the other people, out of there.

Complication is a part of their lives at this point. If they unplugged the computer, something could go wrong. Running the risk of messing with the computer possibly sustain their friend's life wasn't a keen thing to do. Taking another computer back was safer. Olivia took the keyboard from Calvin as he handed it to her, looking at Jane on the computer as she progressed. "Hang on, Jane. Help is coming." She said softly to the computer as the guys prepared to leave.
She let out a soft breath and informed her father they were returning to base. Maybe Wilson could figure something out? Hopefully he could. Hopefully there's a way to get Jane as well as Tanner out. Not to mention all of the other people...there may even be kids in there!

Sadly, the Rangers got there on foot...did it mean they'd have to walk and carry the computer parts themselves? Annoying, but true...yikes. At least Olivia's part was light! And Drew and Lucas weren't carrying squat! Drew led the others out of the studio and back to HQ, hoping to find answers and stop this robot before things got too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back