• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Power Rangers: Bio Strike

Characters
Here
Other
Here
Jane and Tanner were abiding by game rules. Thankfully, being trapped in Modetron's world didn't mean fighting wasn't an option.
Jane swiped her sword down, cutting into an undead opponent and dropping it's HP down to zero. She swept her shield around, bashing it into a pair of undead and knocking them over, stomping on their bodies and dropping their HP. One of them attempted attacking her from behind, but its attack was deflected by her armor. She huffed and swung her sword around, slashing across it and taking it out. An undead snuck up on her, still, clawing at her sword arm and scratching her. That hurt! She jabbed her sword in its chest as payback for the insult of a move.
Tanner kept his barrier up, figuring out how to use his magic in the game through his body instead of a hot key system. He pulsed a fire wave out to filet the incoming undead. One after another, the two of them cleared out the undead with ease. "Holy crap...we killed them!" Tanner said, surprised. Jane rolled her eyes.
"Of course we did. They're the starter grunts of the whole game. Just what does Modetron who to gain from this...what's the deal?" She asked.

And then, she shall receive. In the sky, an incoming server alert appeared. Modetron's face. "Well well well! It seems as if two players have already gotten the idea. My game is like any other. Fight, play, win! Only you noobs can't win! Your bodies and minds are in the game now, meaning everything you experience here happens to you for real! And the only way you can get out is to beat the ultra super duper powerful dragon! Which happens to be my avatar in the game! Beat me and you're free! But, as I've created the game, I also made it so I'm unbeatable. So, good luck sad little humans. Happy dying!" Modetron said. Other players began to panic...as well as choose a class, choosing to at least fight. But of course, everyone was freaked out.
Jane stepped up. "Modetron! Use all the mods you want. I challenge you!" Jane called up to him. He laughed. "Ohhh! A duel! Well, girly, tell ya what. Find me in the dragon graves and we'll duel! But you should know, you don't stand a chance! Meet you there after you've gained some XP!" He replied, vanishing form the sky. And it was done...Jane had challenged him to a duel. She'd save the people here, as well as herself. Her. If anyone knew how to beat an unbeatable game boss, it was her. She isn't a perfect student or anything, but she knows what she's doing here. Tanner sighed...he had a lot of questions, especially since he knew he'd have to go with her.

Time had passed. As Jane and Tanner continued on in the game, Calvin and the others had taken the computer back to the base. Firewalls, blocks, all sorts of precautions being taken just in case. The computer was set up in a lab, giving Dr Wilson time to analyze it and see just what was going on with the game and the programming. All that could be done was sit and wait...and try to keep as calm as possible, knowing one of their own was in there, alone and vastly out numbered by...well, an entire games worth of enemies. Gulp. But it's Jane...the furious tomboy, a hardcore gamer. If anyone can survive in that world, she can. Right?
"How's it coming, Wilson? Any progress?" Calvin asked.

Drew and the others arrived at HQ soundly, no interruptions on the way, thank God. Knowing Jane's trapped in a virtual world is cause for a 'not today, get out of our way' attitude to anyone or anything that gets in their way.
Olivia personally oversaw the display of firewalls and all anti-threat softwares put in place around the foreign computer being set up in the lab. No risks would be taken in this matter at all. Nobody wanted to get vortexed into a game, no sir! The game had been pulled up on the monitor and broken down to the skeletal coding as Wilson and his team began analyzing it to see how it works.

"Well, Calvin, I can deduct two things from the situation. One, at least a hundred or more people are trapped. And two, this is a tough code to crack." Wilson replied, staring into a computer screen at a series of code strands. "I've also been able to locate Jane in the game. Bringing up a visual on her location now." He said, punching in the enter button, and on one of many screens, Jane appeared with Tanner, venturing through Dragon Quest.
"At least we can see her and how she's doing..." Olivia said. "Is she okay?" She asked.
"From what I can gather, this robot, Modetron, made it so whatever happens in game happens to them for real. I'm afraid if she gets hurt, she may not recover so easily lke a common character. Also, it seems the players have to defeat Modetron's character in the game to win and escape...which is impossible by this code." Wison replied.

"Can't you just hack it and free everyone? Or at least weaken him so he's easy to beat?" Drew asked. Wilson shook his head. "Not that simple. Whatever kind of code this is, it's well protected. The most I can do is observe it, no more..."
Drew hung his head. Olivia sighed. This is a problematic...Jane's stuck, and they really can't do much to help her. What are they gonna do? They always have a solution! God damn the Armada and their sneaky tricks...
"But...I can optimize a solution. At least part of one. If you all create characters...I can upload your minds to the game. You can wear essential VR headsets, only you're minds are in the game, so instead of playing it at a computer and running the risk of getting sucked in, your minds are controlling them from the safety of the headsets." Wilson explained.
Drew nodded. "Are you sure it'll work? Making characters and then just going in like nothing?" He asked. Wilson shrugged. "It's worth a shot, I suppose. Does anyone have a question?" He asked the others.

(basically letting lady tell me what I can and can't say xDDD)

Thank goodness Armada didn't decide to send anything down to attack them on the way back to HQ. That would have been a terrible timing. Plus, they were carrying a computer! One they very much needed to hopefully safe Jane and all the other people in there. The idea people were trapped in there was somehow more terrifying than any other monster they had faced. Especially since it was likely that any injuries in the game would happen to them in real life. Gulp. And then there was Modetron making himself unbeatable. Talk about cheating! To make matters worse, the code wasn't easy to crack. If someone like Dr Wilson said that sort of thing... Yikes.

But, there was a way for them to get in the game and help Jane out without being directly sucked into the game. Making characters and basically have their minds uploaded. Tidal was... hesitant. "I'm not sure..." he said. "Last time someone messed with my mind and computers... We know how that went." Not that he didn't trust Wilson, or that City Defense would screw up, or brainwash him like Armada did. Just... He didn't like the idea too much. Especially since it wasn't even sure it would work. Honestly he didn't really feel like being trapped in a fictional world, where everything could depend on the will and whims of some game god (fourth wall?).
"Although I don't like the idea much either, this might be the only way to help out," Lucas said. "Jane's had a bad enough week as it is. We're not leaving her on her own now, are we?" He thought for a moment. "No questions here. Let's just try it and see if it works."

Of course Modetron's game is tough to crack. Why wouldn't it be? And the only way to get inside is to create characters and transmit their minds into the game? Great...Wilson knew what he was doing, so there wasn't anything to worry about, right?
Calvin shook his head and folded his arms. "Lucas is right. We're not leaving her in there. She needs our help, we don't have a choice. Let's create our characters and get in the game as soon as possible." Calvin said to the others. Judging by Jane on the screen and her stats being pulled up, she was a tanking character. High defense, low offense, though. She'd need heavy hitters on her team when they made characters...and healers, judging by Calvin's small knowledge of these games.

After giving Wilson and crew time to work, the character creation process began. Calvin created a rogue. Archer. He'd keep enemies busy from a distance and try to sneak up on Modetron in the game, hoping he could find a weak point or something so that Jane or the others could exploit it and take him out, freeing everyone. He stepped aside, creating the character and uploading it, preparing for the the mental transmission into the game, stepping aside for the others to come in and create their characters.

In the game, Modetron lurked about in the dragon graves, waiting for Jane and Tanner. Following the map in game, the pair journeyed on through a clearing, running across more undead and wiping them out. Then came a mountain to they had to scale. Maybe it's because their real bodies are in the game, but scaling a mountain was killer on their calves!
"I don't see how people do this..." Tanner said, out of breath while walking up in the incline.
"Do what?" Jane replied ahead of him. He let out a tired breath. "Being a hero."
Jane paused for a second. "How the Hell do you do this? I'm just walking up a pixelated mountain and it's too much for me."

"That's because you're a wimpy rich guy." Jane said. Tanner scoffed. "Hey, being rich doesn't make me a lazy wimp."
"I think your parents earned the fortune. You were born into it and have never really worked a day in your life. Some people have to do what they don't wanna do. Like being stuck with an asswipe future in-law." She said, walking up with him to the top of the mountain for a rest.
"Oh shut it, you...I guess you don't wanna be a Ranger then huh? Why are you one anyway? How? Did your dad make you?" He asked Jane to get under her skin. She huffed. "No. I love being a Ranger. I got picked based on...you wouldn't get it. and my dad, or none of my family really knows about it. So please if you want to keep your arms in their sockets and not up your ass, don't tell them." Jane said to him. He put his hands up defensively. "Fine, fine. Why won't you tell them, though?" He asked her. She sighed. "Long story. They have the wedding and everything to worry about. If they knew I was running a death risk every day? I'd never hear the end of it." She explained. Tanner chuckled at her. "And you say I'm the wimp." He told her. Jane growled. "I have a sword, ya know."

"From what I know... She's gonna need at least one person to be there at the front and hit stuff," Tidal said, making his way to the computer and creating a character. Warrior. Two handed melee. Because turning monsters into mush with big weapons was fun and nothing they weren't used to in real life anyway. He'd deal the heavy damage without making every monster in a wide area go after him. He steppe back, allowing for Lucas to go next, or anyone else. Just... Whoever wanted to go next, really. Yea, he knew they wouldn't leave Jane behind trapped in a computer, but... Really, the whole idea of his brain being uploaded into a computer as well? Thank you, but no thank you. This was, however, the only way they could save their friend, so he'd do it.

Lucas walked up to the computer next, glancing at the screen and the rest of the team. "Well, someone's got to keep the lot of you alive," he said. "Especially with the whole 'whatever happens in the game happens to you for real' part going on here...." Really, it would suck if people ended up dead or injured because they thought it was just a game. Plus... Wasn't he already at times considered to be the mom of the group? Better keep the family alive, no? Lucas made his character, a mage focussed on healing and supporting the team with buffs. He joined with Calvin and Tidal in the mental preparation. Really, the idea of being transported into a game was weird. Something straight out of a movie or something. Ah well... Best get ready to go in there and get people out!

Olivia had stepped up after Lucas to create her own character. She tapped her chin, unsure. She isn't a gamer, and she has no knowledge about video games and how to properly form a team from them. But she did know that they'd be thrown in the game with few skills...none of them would be very powerful. "I don't know what to do...just so I can stay out of close quarters and avoid getting into a real mess..." She thought out loud. She wasn't afraid of fighting, obviously, but when thrown into a situation like this? Best use caution. She looked at the options and picked what Lucas did. Mage. But she would focus on offense more than anything. She would keep enemies at bay and do what she could to fight from afar. Once done, Olivia stepped aside for Drew to make his character and complete the roster.

So there's a tank, a heavy hitter, a healer, and two ranged supporters. What's left? Maybe something else in close range...another melee fighter to get up close and personal with the enemy types? Drew glossed over everything. As leader, it'd make sense for him to dawn the warrior role, but Tidal and Jane already have those covered, now don't they? Perhaps a more lethal hitting character? Rogue looked the best for him. Double daggers...hmm, they looked promising. "She'll also need someone up front who can get behind people and strike them down quietly, no?" Drew said as Tidal explained his role. He picked the duelist rogue class to be in the front lines and quickly scatter around where the others couldn't.

He prepared with the others as they all finished. "Let's hope nothing happens while we're in the game. Let's get in, get Jane and make haste." Drew said to the others. Olivia nodded on his command. Dr Wilson uploaded their profiles into the game and readied them for mental transition. He gestured for them all to put on the headsets and lay down on the exam tables/beds. "Whenever you're ready, Rangers. Good luck. I'l monitor your progress from here." He assured. Drew and Olivia nodded...ready to start the journey.

(obvi lady initiates this)

"I'm just saying, kind of weak to not be honest and lie to your family. Your dad is ex-military now, right? Surely he'd understand being a--" Tanner began, cut off. "Again, I say, I have a sword." Jane said. He rolled his eyes in surrender. Fine, he'd quit.
All of this could be seen and heard on the monitor in HQ while the others prepared to enter the game through mental transition.

"Let's keep going. The dragon graves are just on the other side of the map." Jane said, taking the lead in this between the two of them. Tanner protested quickly. "We're going straight through? I think a lot of hostile forces are gonna be from here on out. And he's already stated he can't be beaten. I'm tired already, plus we haven't got much supplies. Isn't it smarter to turn back and fast travel here again so we're more prepared?" Tanner said, thinking through it. Instead of just rushing in, they would need supplies, like potions and better equipment...and other players couldn't hurt. They'd be so outnumbered and overpowered, just the two of them...
Jane annoyingly grunted. "My friends already ignored everything I said like I didn't know what I was doing. You don't start that shit, too, kay? Not some stupid kid. I know what I'm doing, trust me. If we go back, more and more people are gonna get stuck in the game, we don't have time. We have to do all we can now. You go back if you want. I'm going forward. I've got a boss to kill." Jane said to Tanner. He sighed.
"If you insist...insist on suicide." he stated.

And at HQ, Calvin and the others could hear everything she said on the screen. "Were we ignoring her before?" he asked the others. Jane wasn't some stupid kid. None of them thought that, at all. Maybe they gave off that impression earlier though...cause she's the youngest and struggling in school...oy.
More reason to hurry, though. Jane is launching a suicide mission against the big boss. The others need to help her. But they'd be sent to the starting point of the game, long away from Jane's location. Maybe Wilson can develop a fast travel for them? Sure it's tough to crack the games code, but inputting a new code is different, right? Time would tell...
Calvin out his headset on with the others, laying down on the exam tables as gestured by Wilson. "Tell the Captain we'll be back as soon as possible. Wake one or two of us up if something goes wrong in the city." Calvin suggested.
And as he laid down with the others, he closed his eyes, and thus began the upload of their minds into Dragon Quest.

Moments later, after they'd all gone through with it, the five of them appeared in the game at the starting point. All of them dressed in their proper armor for their classes. Calvin and Drew in leather for rogues, Tidal clad in metal for a warrior, and Lucas and Olivia in cloth robes for mages, their weapons all in hand. Calvin looked around, feeling not as connected since he wasn't physically in the game. "This is weird." he stated, taking a minute to look at the others.
Just after saying that, it got weirder. Undead spawned from the ground. And in the sky above them all? Modetron's face. "Uh uh uh! I don't like noobs entering my game with your motives. So I'll just kill you! Get pwned by the undead!" he said, truly a nerd, and vanishing. Calvin grunted and huffed. "Guess we're off to a rough start, huh guys?" He asked the others. He aimed his bow, leaping up in the air backward, firing an arrow into an undead. Because video game physics now applied! Best to make short work of these things, Jane needed help.

Upon preparing to enter Dragon Quest, Drew and Olivia overheard Jane talking to Tanner on the screen in-game. First, she's rushing into a big fight without being fully ready...but that's just Jane for ya. And second, she thinks that the others all ignored her? "I guess we were sort of ignoring her...we were just talking about her and her schoolwork. Maybe she took it the wrong way...we'd never intentionally insult her, would we?" Olivia asked the guys softly.
Drew shook his head, feeling like complete and utter crap. "No we wouldn't...and now she's pissed and upset, heading off to a battle that will get her killed. Just to prove something to herself..." He said. Poor Jane...having a rough week like this, and now they'd only added to it. Some friends they all were...they were only trying to help. Drew and Olivia felt they owed Jane an apology and an explanation later. Now? The pressure was getting higher.

Dr Wilson nodded at Calvin. "I'll warn you if the city falls under attack. I'll work on a way to get you to her as soon as possible." He promised the Rangers, his old wrinkled face staring at his computer, working his hardest.
Drew and Olivia put on the headsets and lied on the tables. They closed their eyes and begun the process.

Moments later...they were in the game. Olivia dawned in a light pink, almost white robe, carrying a wooden staff. And Drew in crimson-like leather armor, mostly padding and whatnot, twin daggers sheathed on his back.
"Fascinating...I've never felt this way before. It's interesting, I'll say." Olivia admitted. Drew nodded in response. "Interesting and weird." Really, being inside a video game like this? So strange! At least the five of them were lucky to not be affected physically like the other people in the game. They could just focus on...oh crap.
Modetron in the sky, warning them they were all in trouble. Lovely. More lovely? Undead spawning from the ground! Not real corpses, but still, undead! Great! Drew squinted his eyes up at Modetron, eyeing the undead around them all. Olivia took a deep breath, using unfamiliar skills here, very cautious. "Rough start, indeed."
Drew unsheathed his daggers, Olivia wielding her staff. Using game physics and logic, Drew pounced like a cheetah, thrusting his daggers into two undead heads, flipping forward and slicing ones gut. Olivia breathed in and cast a fire spell..somehow. NOt very powerful, but it blew a stream of flame in front of her, burning the undead to a crisp...or at least a pixellation of a crisp.

Were they ignoring Jane before? Really? None of them thought Jane was stupid... Just that she might want to focus on school for a little while. They were friends and all just trying to help her... "Of course we wouldn't," Tidal said. Sure, he was blunt and perhaps at times a bit of an ass, but he would never intentionally insult the people closest to him.
"Agreed," Lucas nodded. Really, who would intentionally hurt their friends? That didn't make any sense. But this all proved a few things: one, they were being horrible friends today, two: this was only more reason to get there quickly. They'd all have something to talk about, and maybe they owed her an apology. After all, if they hadn't made her feel like shit, this wouldn't have happened.

Lucas and Tidal put their headsets on and laid own on the tables Wilson pointed at. This was it... Time to get uploaded into a game. They closed their eyes... and off they went.

Probably not that much later, the two appeared in the game alongside the others. Lucas' robe was a deep shade of blue, apparently the color of healers or something. He wielded a wooden staff as well, and what felt to be a tome in a bag around his shoulder. And Tidal... He wore a rather heavy plate armor. Good thing they weren't physically there! This would be hell to actually move around in. "Mostly weird," Lucas weighed in. Yea, it was interesting too, but really? Right now his mind was about to run around in a fantasy world while he was part of Team Bathrobe! Never thought he'd do that. But here he was.
"You said it," Tidal responded. Right, so they were "safely" inside the game and their minds weren't fried. That was good. Still, this was a little uncomfortable, and, indeed, mostly weird. Especially when the Nerdbot showed up again and spawned Undead coming from everywhere.
"Well shit, now I wish the healing spells weren't friendly targets only," Lucas mumbled. In some RPG systems, healing spells would damage the undead. Here... Allies only. Well... Time to put other spells to good use then! He quickly cast a Bless spell, giving the others just a bit extra dps against the monsters. Tidal just charged the undead in front of him, the charge being an attack on its own. Well, now it would be just hacking and slashing right? And not dying, though that's what Lucas was for.

Calvin leaped over backward, firing multiple arrows into the undead, dropping their HP, Lucas' buff making the attacks stronger was a huge help. He put arrows, seemingly infinite, into the heads of many undead, watching the bodies drop to the virtual soil, glittering over once dead, able to loot.
An undead surprised him from the side, clawing at his brown leather armor in hopes of scratching him, but Calvin shrugged him off, stunning him by swatting the bow against it's face and flipping back, putting an arrow in its chest.

As they wandered into the next stage of the map, Jane and Tanner felt an eerie silence. No sounds of other players or creatures, just quiet. This part of the game was modeled to look old, ancient, like it had seen the fall of a great empire. Or just something Modetron did to add scariness and make it seem like this place was too high level for anyone. There was a ruin of a library off in the distance, but there's a radar in the game...or technically just in the world warning players of danger in the area. The entire blank area she's in...great. Jane ventured forth into the ruined place, the dragon graves just on the other side of the mountain. "I'd have expected more enemies here. Pretty empty for a nerdbot supervillain standard." Jane said, banting with Tanner along the way, not knowing her friends had entered the game in search of her.
Tanner knocked on his staff. Ya know...knock on wood. "I hope you didn't jinx us. We're already going in here with a chance at death, I don't wanna test it. Hell, because you were eager to rush in the first place, you got stuck here." Tanner said, used to putting blame on other people. Part of being rich? You never need to own up to anything.
"Uh huh. Your sorry ass is the one that helped himself to the studio in the first place. No appointment or anything. You were gonna just walk in and basically take the job for yourself. Even if there was a real job offer you don't need it. You're just a selfish prick. You don't even want to go forward and save everyone." Jane replied to him. Tanner spat at her as they walked.

"You could have denied my offer to come. You're selfish, too. You're a Ranger and you were wanting that job when someone else could use it just because your friends hurt your little feelings. I think being a super hero is enough, don't you? Call me a prick and--" Tanner started.
"First of all, dipshit, being a super hero isn't something I want to be paid for. I do get a stipend, but doing what I do, I'd happily never take a dime for it. Fighting the Armada is more important than money. What are you gonna do? Have daddy sue me? Admit it, you're a wimpy selfish shit who doesn't want to lift a finger and only cares about money." She scolded him. Given her height compared to his, it was like a child scolding a teenage sibling.
Tanner weighed in on her. "Hey, being rich isn't a bad thing. Of course I care about money. It makes the world go round. I'd charged hundreds of dollars if I were a super hero."
Jane sighed angrily. "If you have to charge people for safety, you aren't a hero. I think the world has more to worry about than money...ya know, it's kind of dying." She said. Jane continued to scolded him some more for being a prick...and she just wanted to vent frustration out on something. Amidst the scolding...Tanner noticed something behind Jane. A drake. Not a full dragon, but a more human-scaled one, small enough to fight on foot and not flee. Wait...two drakes.
"Hey...how about instead of being an immature child, you focus on the monsters." He said. Jane turned around. "oh." She muttered, charging ahead to the drakes. Here it goes again....

As that fight began, Calvin and the others ended theirs. Undead dropped like flies, as did the loot! Calvin finished up his cluster by shooting an arrow through ones head, having heavily pulled the bowstring back to strengthen the attack...going through multiple heads. As the enemies fell, Calvin regained his stamina (mana for the mages) with the others, letting it and his HP recharge. "That was bracing." he commented, looting the bodies...and finding good stuff! Health and stamina potions mostly. Little things that may prove useful later.

Drew flipped her daggers backward in his hands, slicing and dicing through all opposing undead grunts. He spun around and leaped up, cutting the close by enemies and keeping others at bay by stunning them. He landed on his feet, springing forth and kneeing a undead in the face as he did so, tumbling to the ground with it, agilely zipping around, using a twin fang move to leap up and cram the daggers down the chest of an undead creeper. "Why don't I play more video games?" Drew asked himself, feeling a bit...free?
Olivia on the other hand wasn't having it. She was so out of her element! Not used to this. Using video game skill sets, not having a gun or baton of some kind, especially not having the ability to morph. These weren't Dytrons, they were undead creatures programmed to attack and be basic enemies. If anything, they aren't as tough as Dytrons...so this should be easier. She took a deep breath and distanced herself a little bit in case of friendly fire. She used her staff to conjure up a spell, an undead lunging for her. She shrugged it off of her, using the staff to knock its head slightly. Olivia sighed. "When I said I was okay with computers a while ago, I certainly didn't mean on this level..."
She cast the same fire spell from earlier, beaming flame outward into the undead, channeling a spirit burst after it to stun nearby enemies for the others to strike easier. Lucas' buff certainly helped!

As the battle came to an end, Drew proceeded to touch the glittering bodies of the dead. Olivia sighed. "Ew...what are you guys doing?" She asked. Drew looked up at her. "Looting. They drop stuff when they die, stuff we can use." He told her, Olivia nodded slightly...she looted one of them herself. They'd picked up some potions, a ring, and a dagger. Not as good as what Drew had, but merchant fodder, really. This is the starting point of the game, so stuff like this is common, they could suppose...
"Where do we go from here? Jane's pretty far out..." Olivia asked, lone girl of the group at the moment. Drew shrugged. "I say we just keep moving forward. There has to be a map, right?" He suggested. being leader had an advantage, even if he wasn't a pro. But...how does one access the map?

Tidal stood at the front. With technically no tank on their team right now, he considered it up to him to keep most of the enemies off the backs of his friends. He hurled around in a whirlwind strike, dropping the hp of some undead to zero, but also attracting enough aggro to have several undead attack him. Seeing as how he was high offense, low defense, he took a significant amount of damage, HP dropping. "Okay, that hurt," Tidal said. "But it's pretty awesome to do this!" It was pretty neat to do something so... different than usual. They were still saving people, and technically still fighting the Armada, but just in a video game instead of in the city.
Lucas quickly cast a healing spell as Tidal's HP dropped. That's what he was around for, after all. Unfortunately he had very little offensive spells that would be of any help, yes, he had a few but it seemed pretty much more likely he would do more damage with his staff, so he bashed an undead away, then pulled up a barrier. That ought to keep the backlines safe. Or safer, that is. He chuckled slightly at Olivia's comment. "Don't worry, you're doing fine," he reassured her. Out of everyone, she and Tidal probably had the least with gaming, but where Tidal appeared to be enjoying himself, Olivia just seemed very uncomfortable.

"That's one of the weirder things in games," Lucas said. He understood that, for someone who didn't know much about games, it was a weird idea to see people touching the digital enemies' bodies and somehow receiving stuff for it. Lucas and Tidal wandered over to the dead undead and looted one each also. Tattered clothes, dagger, potion, staff with a very minor fire enchantment. Lucas turned around, handing he staff to Olivia. "This seems more useful for you than it does for me," he said. He didn't have fire spells... Now if this had been a spirit enchantment, he could have done a lot more with it.
"Isn't there some type of in game message system we can use to contact her?" Tidal asked. This place was huge. If they were to head into the wrong direction, they'd likely run into a lot of enemies, and no Jane.

Calvin sighed. "If only we could message Jane and just ask her where we were going..." Calvin muttered on both Tidal and Drew's points. He let out a long breath, wondering which way to go. Modetron's game world was huge! Someone could get lost in here. There's a sense of danger about the game, but also something that just draws someone in. A lure, a feeling, like as a character you matter almost. Sure, you're stuck and he's determined to make you spend eternity playing, but...no. Modetron's world was a trap, alright. Taking unwilling people, people who play the game to escape reality, only to have it become theirs. Maybe now some people feel like a sense of worth...but they know they're trapped. Another reason to save them all from this place.
And with that, comes the lack of a messaging system. He thought it'd be cheating! What logic is this? This is such a scrambled plan...and robot, for that matter.
"Hey guys, look." Calvin pointed out, using his characters rogue status to pick up on a trail. Because rogue! "I guess the game let's rogues pick up on this. I don't know how, but I know it's Jane and Tanner's trail. Might be worth following." He said, looking at Drew and kneeling down by the trail. He'd leave it up to the leader.

Jane used a Smite skill in order to slash at the drakes. She raised her shield, the drakes firing fire at her from their breath. Stinky fire breath is...stinky. How is their even an odor? Is this what stuns the characters in normal video games? If so, from now on in all games Jane would make sure her characters wore protective gear over their noses and mouths. Pee yew!
"These things stink worse than that caviar shit rich people eat." Jane said, still keeping the shield up. Tanner rolled his eyes and cast a defense buff on her. "Caviar is the finest thing in the world." He defended, keeping the buff up.
"I think the finest thing in the world is the fact that the whole planet isn't dead yet." She replied. Fair point.

Among their bickering, Jane slipped up and lowered her shield, Tanner's buff proving too weak to protect her for long, the drakes both clawing at her, lunging their front legs out. They scratched Jane's chest over the armor she wore, but still it hurt! She yelped, stumbling slightly, one of the drakes roaring flame at her, Jane literally feeling fire on her.
Tanner widened his eyes and attempted a Frost Cloud, cooling the flames but no helping much. These drakes were high level...they'd wandered into almost godly territory. Uh oh. The drakes persisted, Tanner now feeling the burn as a flame roar hit him, damaging his arm. And since it was real, his arm felt as if it were going to singe off! Jane widened her eyes, listening to Tanner's massive cry of pain as he fell over, grabbing at his arm, unable to cast any spells.
Jane quickly got up and shield bashed one of the drakes to stun it, driving her sword across ones face and dropping its HP, stabbing the stunned one in the heart. She looted their bodies, giving her a new sword and a healing potion.
Jane rushed to Tanner, giving it to him, but a healing potion only lifted his HP, they needed an injury kit for the burn. "Fuck, fuck fuck...now I have a hurt healer." Jane said, more worried about that than anything. In fairness, since life is actually on the line, it was a legit concern. Tanner groaned, milking the injury a pit. Jane slapped his arm on the burn, making him whimper and shut up. She helped him up, taking a deep breath, trying to plan what to do next.

As Calvin picked up on it, it had been brought to Drew's attention. A trail! Jane and Tanner both, like a set of virtual footprints. Why had Modetron let this in the game? Maybe to lead people into traps? If this is just another trap of his...no. They had to be sure of this. This had to be a trail leading to Jane. They had to save her, rescue their friend and get her and all of these other people out of Dragon Quest. Might be all fun and games on the outside, but inside this place is pretty dangerous...
Olivia didn't see any trail. But she was playing mage, she couldn't see it. Perhaps rogues just have that ability in the game? A simple coded input. Something she could go along with, although she didn't see why there wasn't a locator spell...probably too easy, then, huh?

Drew looked back at the others. They were following him, even if Calvin had more of a charge here. He scouted ahead, looking out into the land to pick up on a further trail of Jane's or Tanner's. "Let's go. We follow the trail...we keep going until either Wilson can give us a fast travel, or we just find her on our own." He said, dagger pointing out in the direction they were to go. Olivia nodded. And so began the hunt!

Neither Lucas or Tidal was able to see the trail Calvin and Drew spotted. Definitely seemed to be a rogue-only skill. Well, all classes had their advantages and disadvantages, right? Well, best follow the rogues then, and hope it was an actual trail and not some trap left behind by Modetron. Well, if it was... more monsters to fight, meaning more XP! Though it would also mean it would take longer for them to get to Jane and Tanner. And since the two of them were actually in the game, the two of them along with all the other people were in significantly more danger than the five of them were.

Tidal and Lucas nodded, hurrying after Drew, Olivia, and Calvin. Thankfully, game physics didn't slow Tidal down, so they could just keep moving quickly. "I hope something like fast travel will work yeah, before they get in serious trouble," Tidal commented. In most games, however, fast travel only worked if you had been in a location before. Lucas knew this, but he decided that, giving the situation, it might be wiser to keep his mouth shut. Besides, if there was a way for Wilson to hack into the system and help them out from the lab, it would be very much welcomed.

The library ruins looked safe enough. A place Tanner could rest and stay away from the monsters and drakes running around in the high level area. Other players were starting to make their way there. Maybe they'd just stumbled there or they were exploring. But some players looked like they were having fun being stuck here with video game physics applying to them...others were scared, and others just plain unsure. Either you're having fun, unsure, or just uncomfortable...three emotions one would expect when playing a new video game, really.
Only there's real danger! People legit having fun must be a sign of shock or denial. Or maybe somehow Modetron is affecting their minds...if he is, she has no idea how. She and Tanner's minds are their own, so maybe the other players are just going loco.

Jane sat Tanner down in the ruins of the library on the level after helping him over. His injury could heal itself, it looked, but there's a stupid wait time for it. At least Modetron gave them that much...
"So, how do you plan on killing him?" Tanner asked, giving the impression he thought Jane was an idiot for even trying, asking like he didn't assume she had a plan. She shrugged and admired her new sword she looted. "Just stick the boss enough times in the chest until it's dead. How else?" Jane asked. Really, given most RPGs, that's a fair assumption. Tanner grunted.
"Genius plan. Like it'll be so simple." he retorted. "It is that simple. You've never dealt with the Armada before. If this is one of their plans? It's that simple." She replied. Jane looked at all of the books in the ruin. Some looked readable by players, others were clearly just design. One could tell by colorization and highlighting. She knew a lot about gaming strategy. When to send the tank in, how to spec a healer, and where to place all the damage dealers. She wasn't a perfect student, but damn it she knew gaming. And fighting. She really knew that.
She also knew that with only two of them, strategy would have to adapt a peg or two. A tank and a mage? Against an OP God-like boss set up by Modetron? Spectacular. This robot hasn't shown much of himself, but he's really annoying.

Calvin and the others were hot on the trail. A fast travel was high in development, and the trail was leading them all through the places Jane had been. Other players scattered through the land, looking too lost or involved to notice anyone else. Where the others were now was maybe a good 15 minutes from Jane. If she and Tanner would stay put, they might even catch her in an idle state. "This is going well." Calvin said while traveling with the others under Drew's lead.
He jinxed them. Badly. Out from the side by a collection of boulders...spawned an ogre. Nasty thing, covered in gaudy rags and armor bits, horns on its head, muscles bulking it's tall stature. By comparison to a normal person? It was about 8 feet tall....great. Does this game just throw enemies at people constantly? Non stop combat is ridiculous! Calvin whipped out his bow and readied an arrow. The ogre was glowing...odd. Must be a special gift from Modetron, knowing they're on Jane's trail and can help her, the ogre is to slow the other Rangers down. And it's been given a boost...wonderful.
"This can't be good!" Calvin said, reading out the ogre and knowing it was way over powered for them all. Gulp.

Despite not having the location prior, Wilson continued working on a way to input a fast travel for the Rangers to use. He was coming close to it, just he needed a few more bits of code to work with...

Tracking Jane's trail was easier than originally thought. Being a rogue had benefits, it seemed. Drew and Calvin together followed the trail leading to Jane and Tanner, leading a hot path straight for them. Time would only tell how long it may be before they reach her and manage to get out of her; it's getting tedious just searching though. Not to mention grinding on XP with little stuff in the game. Is this the kind of thing Isaac does after homework? Drew didn't see the appeal...but maybe being in a game that's a death trap for realsies isn't the same as normal gaming. As for Olivia? She just felt uncomfortable being there...not a gamer herself and not liking being thrown into a new situation. She missed guns...and morphers...modern life has her spoiled for this stuff, she'd never have survived in ye old times. ANd how the other players in the game were managing? Anyone's guess.
Why dud Calvin say that? The best way to jinx something when it's going well is to point out how well it's going. Maybe if they said it's going bad, things would get better? If only...

"I don't know what that is, but it's big, ugly, and looks like it wants to eat us..." Drew commented, daggers at the ready and in a rogue stance, eyeing the ogre from afar. It had spawned just to occupy them all. He twirled the daggers, taking deep breaths to build stamina.
Olivia let out a breath. She remembered Lucas had looted and given her a new staff to use! She equipped it and prepared for battle against the beast. "Given the fact it's glowing I'd say the Armada lackey had something to do with it." She commented. Oh this is swell, dealing with what was apparently a modded out big enemy type...8 feet of mad muscle. And it was a bad guy. Joy.

Well, this was all going smoothly. A bit too smoothly, to Lucas' liking. Really, if everything was going so well in a game or anywhere in general, you knew something bad was bound to happen. Like when in a game, you'd suddenly stumble upon a stash of potions in an empty room... and then the music changes. But hey, if this was getting them to Jane faster, it was all the better. Maybe Modetron was too busy tormenting other people? Or worse... Jane and Tanner! Better not say it though, wouldn't want to jinx them in a world controlled by their enemies. But... then Calvin said it... and jinxed them!
"Thanks for the jinx there!" Tidal called to him. Whoever here didn't believe in jinxed before would have to change their minds. At least for this virtual world. Shame jinxes never worked the other way around, saying things were bad and getting worse usually didn't end up with the bad guy suddenly exploding on their own. If anything, that would come true and the bad guys would indeed get worse!

"My guess? Either a troll or an ogre," Lucas said, gripping his staff and eyeing the glowing monster coming at them. Whelp... looked like they were going to need a lot of buffs and healing against this one! "If looking at the monster on a screen, we'd at least be able to see what kind of buff it has. Would make it easier to figure out a counter..." Lucas mumbled. If it was a buff allowing him to do more damage, a buff making them take less damage would help. Or something that increased their speed so they'd be able to hit the thing faster than it could hit them. But if they were as lucky as they were now, debuffs wouldn't even work on this guy. Bosses were often immune to a variety of debuffs.
"Guess it's never easy," Tidal mumbled, gripping his greatsword, building up stamina as well. This was going to be a big battle. Lovely.

Modetron's face appeared above the ogre in a pop-up format. "Enjoy! This level 99 ogre had ought to keep you all busy!" He told the other Rangers. Granted numbers wouldn't matter in beating the mega boss if they reached Jane, but still...he was having fun now. His face still looked like a robo-nerd, and it brought more aggravation by the second. The very definition of an internet troll at its worst. A lot of power, a lot of trolling (or ogre-ing) and a desire to make people do their bidding. Did this guys mother never love him? If he had a mother to begin with?
He vanished again, Calvin snarling. "Man...that fast travel would sure be handy right about now..." He muttered. The ogre roared at them, rushing in, its head down like a bull. "Look out!" He shouted to the others, getting knocked back by the ogre in the process. He should have listened to his own advice...ouch! After regaining his footing, Calvin leaped back and fired an arrow...for what little good it did. It basically bounced off. The ogre, after charging everyone, grabbed one of the Rangers and held them up in the air. It grabbed Drew. (just because I feel like picking on him xD) It swung him around in an almost comical way, like a toddle with a toy. Calvin continued his attacks, but they didn't matter...the arrows were bouncing right off. Surely someone can do something...they can't leave Drew in its grasp like this!!!

"You do realize we're screwed, right? When we cross into the dragon graves and meet the boss...we're done for. That thing said it himself. Unbeatable. It doesn't matter how skilled you are, we're still in his game under his rules." Tanner said, a true pessimist. But really, who can blame him after being thrown into all of this?
Jane huffed and plunged her sword into the wooden table he was sitting near. "So what? We're playing his rules and everything. His world doesn't mean we have to follow the rules. After all, what gamer hasn't cheated here and there?" She replied. He rolled his eyes in return. "I doubt we can cheat...this thing's rules are strict and since it's life or death I don't want to risk it. It'd be so much easier if we had high level people to fight for us." Tanner said, thinking that those who are more able to fight should. That people are...expendable when it comes to saving his hide. Jane clenched her fist. "Throwing people at a threat isn't the solution. Sometimes you have to man up and do it yourself." She replied.

She looked around the library...the books...near the dragon graves...hmm. That's it! What did Lucas say earlier? Looking and caring about books in video games? Lore, the lessons they teach...you just have to find a topic and do your research. That's it! It's along shot, but that's it! Jane took every readable book she could and dumped them on the table.
"What are you doing? Now isn't the time for codex entries..." Tanner said. "Hey, I may not be good student but I'm a good gamer. I don't have any modding kits, but I do have my brain. Look for anything you can about weaknesses on bosses...Modetron has the mindset that people are stupid noobs. Sometimes you have to read in between the lines...start reading, now!" She told him, flipping through the first book. He sighed and picked up a book...less enthused about reading. He mentally whined 'reading is borrrrring.' But Jane couldn't afford to be slow. People were in trouble, she had a mission. A goal. Time to prove a lot of people wrong and show her true talent!

Level 99 ogre? Well...that might be a bit out of their ball park. Of course Modetron had sent it, too. Something to occupy and kill off their characters before even reaching Jane's location in order to help her.
"I'm sure Wilson's working to get the fast travel up...until then..." Olivia said softly. Modetron's nerdy self was getting on her nerves. More importantly on her nerves...well...

A charge ogre bull-rushing them all. Calvin's warning was well done but not fast enough. It plowed through them all like a dozer through petite trees in a forest. Drew and Olivia both yelped, their HP going down and their characters getting weaker. At least they aren't in real danger...but if they die, it's likely they'll have to start over from the starting point. And that's not a fun thought. Both of them got up, attempting an attack, but the ogre kept deflecting everything, too strong for them. Drew's daggers hardly scratched the thing and Olivia's magic made no dents in its HP!
The monster swept Drew up like a rag doll. He let out a yell, screaming like "Gahhh! Put me down you big stupid monster!" He yelled, struggling in its grasp to no use. It's too strong, flinging Drew around like a toy. "Guys! Do something!" He yelled while being swung around. While this is virtual...he felt like he was experiencing motion sickness. Oh joy...hopefully his real life body doesn't vomit.

Olivia squinted as Drew found himself in a pickle. "Just hold on!" She called out to him, bursting a fire attack towards the ogre. Nothing. She cringed, watching the others' attacks do basically nothing and Drew's HP go down slightly...this did not bode well.

Level 99... And they had only just started. Great. Just. Freaking. Great. But at least now they knew what they were up against. 'Called it,' Lucas mentally noted as the robot mentioned the creature in front of them being an ogre. But now really wasn't the time to be a smartass. Now they needed to deal with an infuriating robot looking like a nerd-stereotype of a couple of decades ago, and the big bad monster right in front of them.
"If it would even work," Lucas said as Calvin mentioned the fast travel. Most games he knew off wouldn't allow fast travel with an enemy nearby. Build-in thing to keep people from cheating their way out of battles they shouldn't be fighting. Thankfully Calvin warned them as the ogre charged, but... the warning still game too late. Lucas and Tidal were thrown aside like pins in a bowling alley. Their HP dropped faster than both of them liked. Especially the squishy guy in the bathrobe was not amused.

The ogre grabbed Drew swinging him around in the air. If the ogre were to slam him into the ground... OUCH. Lucas would need more than one heal-spell to fix that up. Or rather, more than healing spells alone. Injuries weren't cured by heal spells, unfortunately. But that would make this just too easy, wouldn't it? And if there was one thing the Nerd-bot wouldn't do, it was making things easy for them. Speaking of heal spells, might be for the best to patch everyone up now, no? Though they wouldn't actually die if they died in the game, it would likely be a nasty experience anyway, and nobody felt like risking to start all over again, right? Individual heals took slightly more time, but it would patch everyone up much better than an aura that would spread the healing over everyone. So as quickly as the game allowed it, Lucas cast five healing spells on everyone. But what was next? His mind raced, thinking of what spells would be most useful against a boss that was this much more OP than they were. He wanted to save most his mana for the likely to be much needed healing, but his friends also needed to be able to actually hit the freaking thing.

While Lucas pondered on which spells to use, Tidal needed much less time to think of what to do. Just run at the big guy and hack and slash away at it, hoping it would release Drew and maybe do some damage. Or at least so this thing would change targets. He slashed and slashed his sword at the ogre, leaving hardly a scratch on its skin.
"Thanks for the heal!" he called back to Lucas.
"That's what I'm around for!" Lucas called back.

Jane furiously sifted through the books. This time around, she actually cared about each and every codex, thinking maybe Modetron slipped up somehow and put useful info in here rather than bull crap lore for players to find. C'mon, hidden secrets in a ruin before a super powerful area? Has to be something...Hell, this IS a powerful area, it's bound to have something worth guarding. Jane looked and looked and looked, finding only small details in the process. Tanner was still on the first book he had been given, slowly looking through it and reading the codex.
"You could read a lot faster." Jane said to him. Tanner sighed. Spoiled rich boy syndrome kicking in. "It's boring. You'd have to be an idiot to think you could find something useful in here. Why don't we just wait for the Power Rangers to rescue us? You're one o them, right? They probably know you're in here and are working to get you out. Let's just wait for rescue." Tanner said, closing the book and setting it down.

Jane huffed for the millionth time today. "I don't need rescuing. That isn't what the Rangers are for, just saving people in need. We do that...but we do more. If I can't fend for myself, I'd be a bad Ranger wouldn't I?" Jane said. How can Tanner just want to be a damsel? He's so spoiled...he claims he isn't, but he's selfish and just annoying! Without his money, he's just a person breathing air. That's it. And in this case, an injured mage in a video game. "I'm not gonna be the girl that needs rescuing. It was because I rushed in to this that we got stuck here thanks to your stupidity, too. But I'm gonna do everything I can to fix this, I'm gonna get out and use my head. I'm gonna show everyone what I can do, I'm not a stupid kid, I'm a god damned hero, and I won't stop!" Jane said, getting louder and louder as she read. Tanner felt chills go down his arms. Jane...was fired up. She had a mission, alright...but maybe more personal? This tomboy had more to her than meets the eye. And she is determined to prove it.

The fast travel was nearing completion with help from Wilson's team at HQ. So close...so close...
Calvin appreciated Lucas' heal, pelting the ogre with arrows to no avail. The ogre swatted Tidal away at close range, roaring and sending what was apparently a physical attack from the roar, sonic force propelling Calvin back a few feet and into the ground. The ogre used Drew as a club to bash into Olivia and Lucas, dropping all of their HP as soon as it had been replenished. The team was so unorganized now. No tank, and their healer was doing his best, but not enough. The damage dealers weren't striking the way they were supposed to (in Jane's ideal brain) and they were suffering! They needed help. Calvin knew that...he also knew he started feeling psychical discomfort. Had his mind started to blend with the game? Oh no...are the others starting to feel physical discomfort, too?

No physical, ranged, or magical attacks seemed to have any effect. This boss was simply way too strong for them to defeat. Tidal was swatted aside, the attack genuinely feeling painful, even more so as he hit the ground. The recently regained HP dropping right back to its previous point, if not even lower. The impact with the ground made him feel a little queazy. Wait... That wasn't supposed to happen, right? They weren't supposed to be physically bothered by the things that happened to them in the game! Great. Did this mean they were getting stuck too? That their minds were merging with their characters in the game?

On the side of the mages, things weren't going an awful lot better. The ogre smashed into Lucas and Olivia, using Drew as a club. Yikes! It hurt. Or at least... It didn't feel too great. Bit uncomfortable. Noticing all the HP he had just healed just disappeared, if it wasn't even more, made Lucas shout something that sounded like it probably was some colorful Gaelic curse. Healing spells weren't enough! They were for just a little while, but one attack of this monster was enough to undo all of it. This looked really really bad. It seemed like Wilson was their only hope now. If he could create a working fast travel for them, it would b much appreciated. But he'd have to hurry.

Ow! Being used as a battering ram/club was not fun! Drew's HP dropped progressively lower as it went on, being used like an object to beat his friends with. That hurt! Wait...it actually hurt? Only their minds are in the game, right? Drew's feeling a bit sick, and how he's hurt...are their minds slowly being pulled in? Is the game that smart in adapting to foreign materials? Being used as weapon brought a lot of pain to Drew, as did being swung around...great.

And on the other side of the battering ram, it hurt. A lot. Drew must have a thick skull, because Olivia knew she'd be feeling that in the morning. And wearing light armor like these robes wasn't helping anything.
Physically feeling it wasn't helping. A sign that maybe they're starting to mend with the game. She had regained herself enough to wear she was standing. Everyone's HP was lower than before, all of them being struck by the ogre. She dispersed a fire spell to attack, bouncing right off of the ogre. Had she mentioned this isn't her forte? Gaming in general? How do they exploit weaknesses? Better yet, can they just avoid this thing all together and get to their friend...where's the fast travel?

On the other end of the computers, Wilson noticed the physical bodies of the Rangers looking distressed. No...not a good sign. Captain Scott had come in to check on progress. "How's it going, Dr?" He asked.
"Not well, sir. Their bodies are showing signs of physical discomfort, I fear the game is dragging them in slowly. If I don't hurry and get them to Jane and out of the game completely...I fear the worst." Wilson replied, his wrinkled forehead furrowing slightly at his screen. So close to cracking the code, so close.
"You can do it, Dr. Focus, don't stop. We must save Jane. As well as all of the people caught inside before the Armada does something else."
Wilson was trying so hard....his team was working as well, looking so hard as to locate a fail safe or something. An opening in the code...something that...wait! Wilson's eyes widened slightly, seeing just how to transport the Rangers to Jane's location in order to help her. "Yes, that's it. Just have to input a command code and slip it in the software....and....there! Inputting fast travel!" Wilson said, punching it in, relieved.

The fast travel to Jane opened up, and Drew and the others were pulled in, teleporting right to Jane's side...with the ogre still holding Drew. Maybe since they're touching? Meh, it's still an issue...but wait, Jane!

Within his place in the dragon graves, Modetron monitored everything going on in Dragon Quest. Including a recent invasion of coding...someone had input something in his game! And it also looked like that little girl is snooping where she'd better not be! Well, he would take care of that!
Jane flipped through more pages of another book...and there it was! She saw the answer, hidden in a codex! So simple! She exclaimed in victory. "Found it! A way to get around--" She started, cut off by the sudden arrival of...an ogre, plus...the others? Jane and Tanner quickly glanced over as a fast traveled group appeared.

Traveling like that was...odd. Literally just teleporting around. Calvin didn't expect it when it happened, but it happened. And the ogre was with them...maybe because it's touching Drew and connected to them now?
The ogre roared loudly, attacking the others all again, Calvin firing an arrow,only to be swatted away with the monsters free hand. Jane eyed the beast from afar as it attacked her friends...how and why are they here? Did they get trapped too? Tanner cleared his throat. "Told you help would arrive." He said. Jane scoffed. "No, you just bitched around like a damsel." She replied, closing the book. She knew what to do...how to kill the ogre despite the level, as well as what to do to get out of the game!!!!

And to keep her from doing anything heroic, Modetron spawned four drakes around her, a little 'ah ah ah' notice from Modetron. Jane scoffed and picked up her sword and shield. She had gone into berserker mode. Tanner was still injured and could raise his staff arm, but he did stand up, wielding it in the other arm. "Great...first help arrives with an ogre, now we have drakes." He commented. Jane grunted at him to stay back. She would handle this.
Jane glanced at Calvin and the others trying to free Drew from the ogre's grasp, and he was glancing back at her. Jane eyed the drakes around her as they lunged toward her. Jane lept back, using her shield to block incoming attacks, bashing ones head and slicing her sword heavily into another, chopping its head off. She roundhouse kicked at another drake, stunning it and chopping that ones head off as well, making her way to the others and slicing the drakes to computer generated bits. She eyed the ogre across the way, covered in drake blood. Ew.
As thew blood faded away thanks to the engine, she raced toward the ogre from behind. Calvin couldn't believe how quickly Jane took those dragon things down...she was outnumbered and overpowered but it didn't stop her! She's amazing! She looked like she'd gotten a few bruises, but she wasn't going down.
Jane approached the ogre, leaping upward into the air, driving her sword into the back of its neck. The ogre yelped, releasing Drew and dropping him...then collapsing forward. Jane removed her blade, then stabbed it in the back of the head for good measure. She did it! In just seconds...Jane killed the ogre, freed Drew and...damn! She hopped off of the ogre's back and caught her breath, looting it in the process. An injury kit, as well as a new shield and some gold. She tossed the kit over to Tanner so he might cure the injury on his arm before walking to the others.

"Guys? What are you doing here? How'd you get in?" She asked, happy to see them, yeah, but a little surprised as well.
"Dr Wilson found a way to put our minds in the game. Like virtual reality, really. We followed your signal to the studio and saw you were trapped in here, so we cam after you." Calvin explained, Jane nodding slightly. She observed everyone and lent her hand down to Drew on the ground. "You all look so...weird." She commented. Coming from the girl clad in armor and ogre/drake blood. "Everyone okay?" She asked afterward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back