• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Portals to the Afterlife - OCC

Choose up to two of the following options to be expanded upon for "A Scavenger's Survival Guide".

• Steam Technology

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Medicine

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Granger

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Belladonna

• Piper

• Pirate Folklore

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Select this option to be personally pushed into a corrupted portal by @Kaerri (with kittens).

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm still here as well.
...I feel like I should add something about finals or school like everyone else is doing, but, eh. I said the words 'finals' and 'school'. That counts.

Still here too!

Funnily enough, I've yet to start on my final exams, so there's that. Been sick - still running too hot, to be honest with you - for the last couple of days too so yeaaaah

I did it. I posted in my own roleplay! -toots horn- I'm sorry if it seems really "GM-ish". I'll get my regular groove back soon. xD

So cool :hearteyes:

Also now I'm wondering about Steampunk Pirate superstitions and folklore. Do we have a postapocalyptic airship equivalent of mermaids and sirens and the Kraken or nah?

Do we have a postapocalyptic airship equivalent of mermaids and sirens and the Kraken or nah?

There aren't any merfolk or equivalent. I left out mythical creatures because they felt very fantasy like and I didn't want it to strain against the setting. That is to say, they don't exist on what is left of planet Earth. ;)

Your Kraken is the sandstorm.

There aren't any merfolk or equivalent. I left out mythical creatures because they felt very fantasy like and I didn't want it to strain against the setting. That is to say, they don't exist on what is left of planet Earth. ;)

Your Kraken is the sandstorm.

Nah, that's not what I meant tho! I know they wouldn't exist in the setting, but I was wondering if there's an equivalent mythology. I can see how one would interpret it the other way tho.

Nah, that's not what I meant tho! I know they wouldn't exist in the setting, but I was wondering if there's an equivalent mythology. I can see how one would interpret it the other way tho.

The reasons explained above applied to the equivalencies. If you would like, I can certainly create them. :)

The reasons explained above applied to the equivalencies. If you would like, I can certainly create them. :)

Yeah, I feel like pirates telling tall tales and making up all manner of superstitions is LE MARITIME TRADITION.

Also for some reason now I'm wondering where they get their meat from. I think there was some logical progression from pirate folklore to postapocalyptic agriculture but I forget what it was.

Yeah, I feel like pirates telling tall tales and making up all manner of superstitions is LE MARITIME TRADITION.
If you have ideas as well (and this goes to all of you) please feel free to express them!

Also for some reason now I'm wondering where they get their meat from. I think there was some logical progression from pirate folklore to postapocalyptic agriculture but I forget what it was.
I have not been worrying about food right now. It's just "there". xD This roleplay could be 50 pages long and I still wouldn't have an explanation.

If you have ideas as well (and this goes to all of you) please feel free to express them!

Ohhhh, I'm gonna have ideas. Don't give me permission to have IDEAS. THINGS CAN HAPPEN WHEN I HAVE IDEAS. Especially when LE MARITIME TRADITION is at stake. We all know how important it is to abide by LE MARITIME TRADITION.

lol no we don't I just wanted an excuse to type LE MARITIME TRADITION more times because i have had too much coffee and stupid things are funny now.

I have not been worrying about food right now. It's just "there". xD This roleplay could be 50 pages long and I still wouldn't have an explanation.

uhhhh we can maybe say that there's food animals raised on the Arcaine and to a lesser extent the Giovanni and most of the pirate's foodstuffs come from raiding supply ships? Yes. This should calm my inquisitive monkey brain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back