• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Plague and Fyre (Interest Check)

Oh. Haha. That makes more sense to me now. I can see how that might be confusing. If you'll give me a couple minutes, I'd love to read the character and see what might be a better way to go about the skills.

Yeah, go for it. Also, I'm not quite finished balancing the stats for said abilities, so don't take them at face-value for things like damage or shielding, I'm just tweaking them a bit and I realize that quite a few of them are "overpowered" at the moment :)

Well, I got my CS up, tentative as it is. Give it a look over and lemme know if it can stay as it is or if I need to change it to fit in to what you have in mind for this setting :)

I love the character, and think Aria will be an awesome fit for the setting, just asked for a couple tweaks, and we'll be golden!

Though I don't know if anyone else is even interested still. :l

So, let me break this down and see if I've got it all right:

Tzun said:
Acrobatics is just a +1 to Reflex, so you might want to add that in.
Is this not available to use for bonuses in acts such as jumping or somersaulting, or are the success of these dependent on flat Reflex score in any scenario?

Tzun said:
Sacred Beads can be a +1 to all stats, as well, if you wish, but if they are broken, or you are not wearing them, it becomes a -3 to all stats.
I originally had this as a weapon, giving only a +1 bonus to unarmed attacks while worn as a weapon around the hand. Are you wanting to be a +1 to Fort, Ref, Will, or to combat stats only?

Tzun said:
Addiction- What are the drawbacks of the addiction? It seems as though Aria is just wake and bake and good. To me that sounds like a lovely time.
The drawback is a dependence on it, 12 hours without it and she's reduced to a clumsy, useless mess lying on the floor. It's also hella expensive (20-30 GP for about a week's worth, price dependent on quality)

Tzun said:
You can choose a single one of those abilities that you listed to be learned, and performed at Level 2.
So, a single extra ability at level 2, is the other one discarded or to be learned at a later time?

Stickdom said:
So, let me break this down and see if I've got it all right:
Is this not available to use for bonuses in acts such as jumping or somersaulting, or are the success of these dependent on flat Reflex score in any scenario?

I originally had this as a weapon, giving only a +1 bonus to unarmed attacks while worn as a weapon around the hand. Are you wanting to be a +1 to Fort, Ref, Will, or to combat stats only?

The drawback is a dependence on it, 12 hours without it and she's reduced to a clumsy, useless mess lying on the floor. It's also hella expensive (20-30 GP for about a week's worth, price dependent on quality)

So, a single extra ability at level 2, is the other one discarded or to be learned at a later time?
The Reflex score factors into all of those as well.

The beads would still give a +1 bonus to melee anyways, but it makes more sense as a universal tool. Up to you though.

As for the addiction, fair enough, wasn't listed, so was unsure as to what you had in mind.

You get an extra ability next level, and at first level, you gain what I listed as an ability.

Tzun said:
The Reflex score factors into all of those as well.
The beads would still give a +1 bonus to melee anyways, but it makes more sense as a universal tool. Up to you though.

As for the addiction, fair enough, wasn't listed, so was unsure as to what you had in mind.

You get an extra ability next level, and at first level, you gain what I listed as an ability.
All sounds fair enough to me :)

Last few questions before I call it good:

I had originally made the Armour Hinders ability as a limitation to keep her from being super-tank as well as good at fighting, she had to choose between one or the other. Do you want that to be a passive hindrance or should I get rid of it altogether and just have it be her personal preference not to wear armour?

If I do happen to come up with other abilities, will they be learned at later levels as well (by your discretion, of course), or does Aria just get the choice of one at level 2?

And, finally, I was a little qualmsy about that last spell I had on there, Life Essence Rush. I figured that it would be a while before Aria buids up enough Will to actually use magic at all, is that alright if I just leave that in there until the time comes that it can be used, or would you prefer I scrap it?

Stickdom said:
All sounds fair enough to me :)
Last few questions before I call it good:

I had originally made the Armour Hinders ability as a limitation to keep her from being super-tank as well as good at fighting, she had to choose between one or the other. Do you want that to be a passive hindrance or should I get rid of it altogether and just have it be her personal preference not to wear armour?

And, finally, I was a little qualmsy about that last spell I had on there, Life Essence Rush. I figured that it would be a while before Aria buids up enough Will to actually use magic at all, is that alright if I just leave that in there until the time comes that it can be used, or would you prefer I scrap it?
So, I'm going to say that, if Aria wears any armor, she'd lose all bonuses, but not penalties, to anything that requires a Reflex factor into it, and that, she can not wear any armor other than leggings, and will grant a +1 bonus to armor, but not any other bonuses or any damage resistance, does that seem fair enough? Said leggings can, however, be enchanted and imbued like you said.

That sounds about right :) the +1 damage was just a "logic bonus" to kicks, seeing as it would make sense if you kicked someone with leggings on, it would hurt more. But, it's not necessary, Aria's certainly not lacking in damage, so I can let it it go. +1 to armour sounds good enough to me.

Cool stuff. Let me know when it's edited! Maybe we'll get these other fools to make a character. ;)

-drags self in-

Tuesdays are my busy day, sorry! My mom and I took my dad to the doctor today, he's been wheezing for a long time. Doctor threw some steroid nasal spray at him and a couple samples of Zyrtec.

Yuck, Zyrtec always upset my stomach, and it had that nasty blueberry flavor...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back