• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Plague and Fyre (Interest Check)

Hmm, I read that before, @welian, it'd be interesting to use, if only it had the varying factors for different effects. We could probably modify your system (with your permission, of course, Welly :3) to suit @Tzun 's needs and desires :D

Yeah! We'd probably have to find an appropriate d20 setting though, and just copy the weapons and such from there.

Nah, that's too much effort xD I've been making RPs for a while now, I'd say I'm pretty good at stat balancing, we can just ask for what Tzun wants available, and throw it together right then and there for him :D The one qualm I have with your system is the SPE stat is rather vague, we'd need to clarify how it would function in Tzun's world, or replace it altogether with the separate skills of Tzun's choosing.. maybe I'm reading too much into this, let's just let Tzun decide xD

The system was made specifically for one story, so the SPE stat referred to hacking. It could be removed entirely if fighting with magic isn't much of a thing in this setting, but SPE best works when the setting is using pretty much only one main kind of nonphysical attack.

That's the thing, I thought about doing this as a more traditional dice rp. But it seemed as though it'd be better to not have to create characters and look through rule books. But I could make a very simple system based up the fortitude, reflex, and will. If that's what everyone Is interested in doing, I love me a dice rp, so just vote yes for damage tracking and such in the poll if you want it to be a dice rp.

I was actually hoping for a diceless setting personally, the more complicated the system, the slower the plot progression, I've found. I'd rather a simple health tracker and basic damage formulae for specific circumstances, but once we throw dice into this, it becomes an odds-calculating, stat-comparing mess xD

I think it's cute when characters have basic stats that we can compare like Pokemon, but I'm not really a dice person either. But, as long as teh system isn't too crunchy, I'll roll with it.

The system I'm setting up is 3 stats and 3 dice. Is everyone okay with that? Exclusive to combat so it doesn't slow the game, but makes it a bit more fair.

Oh, four different types of dice. I thought you meant three four instances we would use dice xD so, what did you have in mind for this conglomeration of numerical polyhedrons?

Well, the d4-6-10 are all damage dice for a weapon type. And d20 is just for rolling for hit chance. Really simple system. I have most of it typed up. I'll post it when I get home from the ren fair. :) until then, feel free to make a character, and we can adjust it later!

But the only time that it'd be used is during combat. So it won't take up too much time. And will be a lot more fair.

Fort:1-5

Ref:1-5

Will:1-5

Players begin with 1d6 hp + fort

Calculating attacks

Chance to hit-

Fort+weapon bonus+1/2 for melee

Ref+weapon bonus+2for ranged

Will+1/2(if any) for spells

Damage types

Light weapon(dagger, stone, sling, 1 handed and small)

1d4 damage+1

Medium weapon(short sword, composite bow, etc. 1 handed)

1d6+1

Large weapon(great axe, long sword, war bow)

1d10+1

Rolling against damage

Calculating armor (reduces damage taken by armor)

Fort+armor bonus-ref bonus+7

Calculating evade (evades all damage)

Ref-armor bonus+7

Calculating energy shield (will of 5, temporary hp gained at start of battle. Lost at end of battle)

Will+armor bonus-3

This is all I have so far and am on mobile. So excuse any errors or sloppy-ness. If there are questions. Just ask and if you have any idea or changes you want to be made. Just let me know!

I figure mages will be able to cast spells one handed, or with a wand for the weapon bonus, and a staff for the 2 handed weapon bonus. The weapon bonus is the +1 next to the damage, and counts as addition to the damage, and the weapon's bonus for rolling against evade and armor. I figure armor will have a DR/- for a resistance to certain damage. So, this may get a little interesting. But if we use common sense. It should go smoothly. What do you all think?

Sounds great :D one question, though: do the Chance to Hit formula use your own Fort/Ref/Will or the target's?

Yours. They are a universal stat used for both damage and defense. The enemies I will be creating a fort ref and will for all. But the thread is up for anyone interested in making their character.

What limitations are there on starting weapons? Since we are starting with the Hp of 1d6+Fort, if we that roll badly and someone rolls a Large weapon well, that's pretty much a one-shot kill xD so, are those off-limits for beginning play, or should we adjust the stats a tweak?

Otherwise, look pretty fantastic. I'll keep an eye out for any other bugs in it, but for now, I'mma write up a CS and hope for the best :3

Stickdom said:
What limitations are there on starting weapons? Since we are starting with the Hp of 1d6+Fort, if we that roll badly and someone rolls a Large weapon well, that's pretty much a one-shot kill xD so, are those off-limits for beginning play, or should we adjust the stats a tweak?
Otherwise, look pretty fantastic. I'll keep an eye out for any other bugs in it, but for now, I'mma write up a CS and hope for the best :3
Well, I'm still trying to keep it realistic, so those 1 shot kills are pretty likely, but never will a monster really hit that hard. However, if you roll a 1, you can reroll. As far as limiting weapons, nah, if that's your character, you are sacrificing some defense for a damage boost, which is fine. There will be a sort of leveling system, so HP will increase over time.

So how does everyone feel about the dice system?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back