• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Lin would look up from his hands with a raised eyebrow. Just who was this girl anyway? He wanted to speak to her, to tell her to stay away from it, but the headache wasn't subsiding. What had caused it to disappear the last time again? Wasn't it using that weird power the last time? "H-hey... that's dangerous..." he stated standing up slightly from his desk. The moment he did he saw the mirror shimmer from the corner of his eye. He thought maybe at first he had imagined it, but with everything that happened up to now he doubted it. It was then for the briefest of moments he saw that as the girl looked away, her 'reflection' moved away from the glass. It merely walked to the right as if it were something reflections were supposed to do. There was no fox this time to reflect in the image just a lack of her reflection, as if she had suddenly became a vampire from a horror movie. Did all of their reflections do this the last time?

On the corner surfaces of the mirror, small areas of frost were beginning to form. The frost itself wasn't reflective which meant that the mirror wouldn't be either. He, noticing this, walked over quickly to try and remove it while avoiding the mirror itself. The frost would flake off and immediately reform with little to no effort. At the rate it was going, the entire surface would be coated in the stuff in an hour or so. If he wanted to explore the other side one more time, he would have to make a decision, but what would he do? He vaguely remembered putting the phone number of at least two of the boys from yesterday in his cell. He quickly texted them about the situation. What would he do about the mirror? Then again, what would he do about the girl? The less people who knew about this the better right? Then again, he reasoned, she came in and went straight to the mirror. So with that in mind she might already know about it to some degree.

"So just curious. Why are you investigating the clubs mirror?" He asked nonchalantly. He didn't want to come off pushy, but he wanted to gauge her knowledge of what was going on a little bit. "Anything in particular?"

707523cc2c25d9b8999c1e256497d34a.jpgZenya Noroki

Setting her voice recorder on the table beside her bag, Zenya unfolded a stand from inside and set up a mount before the mirror, cooing at the odd frost forming on it as she backed away. After measuring the distance between the mount and the mirror she set it down and made for her bag once more. She snickered at the boy's question, reaching up to adjust her glasses before pulling out a digital camera case. She had been asked a question by the room's sole other occupant, one that she could probably answer fully without problem. But

"During an encounter with anomaly eleven yesterday, a member of the E.L. found themselves in this very room." she stated as if it explained everything, unzipping the case and striding next to the mount in the process "During this event, several peculiar qualities of this object were reported, so I have been sent to confirm and investigate."

Setting the camera on the mount, she reached out to adjust it before pausing and lowering the empty case. Leaning back to grin at the boy, Zenya put one hand on her hip and shook her head, "And from what I've witnessed so far, the qualifications to be investigated have been oh so thoroughly met, occultist."

Saying that, she attached the camera to the top of the mount and began adjusting it to focus on the mirror before her. In truth the qualifications for investigation had been met yesterday, but Zenya liked having little details in her back pocket. Speaking of which, once the camera was angled properly she turned back to the boy in question and adjusted her glasses again.

"Agent Noroki, EL Subdivision Zero." She introduced herself before tapping a finger on the side of her glasses "As a member of the club where the Anomaly was reported, you're permitted to disclose any gleamed information of the anomaly before my tests are conducted."

With that said, she made her way to the duffel bag for the next pieces of equipment.

cc96d6856a2ea4e072a3214051592869.jpg

Adachi Yoru - The Yakuza Prince
_

The bento were great. Eating three of them may have been a slight bit excessive but he had managed. It was all curry too, which was his absolute favorite. Though buying it all was quite pricey... still, it was a great lunch. He feels like he could conquer even more food. Restraint is a thing he must practice however. As much as he feels like eating all of the food in the world right now, there were more important things at hand. Like meeting up with Kitsurugi at the club. He'd done a lot of thinking and he has finally decided. Adachi will join the Occult Research Club. He, too, wants to investigate the mirror world.

Before he knew it, classes had ended and he forgets some of what they learned already. A vibration in his pocket leads him to read a text. Perfect timing.

Adachi was already making his way to the Occult Club by the time the text was sent, so he got there in record time. He entered the club room. "I'm here. Kitsurugi. What's happening?" Inside, he found Kitsurugi talking with someone already. A strange looking girl. "Who's this?" He asks Kitsurugi. An intruder? Perhaps someone else that had come in contact with the fox? Or did she come around asking questions because she saw a bunch of dudes disappear into it?

"Hey, Mari...is it?"
"I am going to be honest here, since you joined the baking club, you managed to cause a lot of inconveniences. Last time, you almost burn the whole club down...... I am not really sure how long we will able to cater to your needs. You see, I have to take into consideration the well being other club members as well-"
"Oh, it's okay, I get it...really...I do....."
"At least let me finish these cookies okay? I promised I will leave the club after that, for good."
Mari said with her eyes fixated on the ticking timer of the oven, fidgeting as she waited for her creation to be completed within a few seconds.
"Oh, it's done! It went *ding* and all!" Mari raised her voice in excitement as she unintentionally drew attention on her. She was genuinely excited about how the cookies will turn out as she made sure to not cause any fire hazard this time. She eagerly took out the cookies and was happy that they didn't resemble coal like the last attempt.
"This is exciting, they didn't look like coal this time." Mari clasped her hands, relieved.
"They look like rocks though..." But her brief celebration was soon shattered by a comment from the crowd.
"Ah, they *do* feel like rocks too! Hahaha!!!" Mari paused before she gently poked at the hot steaming cookies, faking a laugh to mask her disappointment and embarrassment as she quickly packed the cookies into a glass jar.
"Oh, I guess I should go now, huh? Thank you all for having me, although the time we spent together was brief, I appreciate the club for what it offers." With the jar of cookies in her hands, Mari turned to the crowd and made a formal bow before she turned and leave the room with fastened pace, wanting to escape from the unkind whispers and chuckles from the crowd.

Am I really that useless? What more do I have besides my hands for piano-
No, Mari, get that word out of your mind, you know you don't want to go back anymore......

Ever since Mari left the Music Club, Mari felt more lost than ever, it almost felt like she was a fish without fins, dragged and trapped in a riptide. Whenever she found herself kicked out of a club because of her incapabilities, stranded amid the hallways of the school that was getting emptier as the sun started to set, she can't help but think about how it all ended up like this. She was lost, directionless in a literal sense most of the time. She felt like she had nowhere to go, or rather there is somewhere she didn't want to go. Every day she would just take her time strolling around the hallways after school until when she absolutely has to leave. She was just stalling the inevitable, joining other clubs was just an excuse to not go home. There was someone she didn't want to see.

"Hey Adachi! We have ourselves a guest today. But it's almost time for our Club meeting to start." He hoped that Adachi got the hint that he didn't want a stranger to see what was going on. She didn't seem to know much about the mirror yet but if they didn't hurry their chance of using it could end right here.

"Unless you are joining the group, er, agent Noroki, we will need you to head out. Maybe you can conduct experiments later." There was no way this girl would join right? Though he was hoping not he has a strange feeling she would leave of her own accord.

Last edited:

cc96d6856a2ea4e072a3214051592869.jpg

Adachi Yoru - The Yakuza Prince
_

"A guest?" Judging from appearance, she did not look like a mere guest. She fit more in line with someone he'd expect to be in the Occult Club. And to be conducting experiments as well... she seemed like a seasoned professional that has dealt with paranormal anomalies before. She even brought a camera. If they were going to investigate any further, it would be great to have someone like her on board then. Whether or not she'd be able to enter the mirror in the first place is another question, though with her reflection gone, he's sure she can enter with them.

With the meeting starting soon, he thought that this would be a perfect time to have help from someone that might be an expert. "Why don't we let her join us? Agent Noroki- that is what you called her right, Kitsurugi? -you seem like you'd be good at this kind of thing. I'm sure we could use some help in our current investigation," he says. Besides, more people is always good. There was the added risk but with their strange powers from yesterday, he's sure that they'll be able to protect her if she doesn't have the same power. "So what do you say?"

Lin closed his eyes and listened to Adachi's words. Naturally she'd be a perfect fit for this club. Logically it made perfect sense, but this headache was growing worse the more the mirror was covered. It was growing harder to think, so he went to sit down. If she did decide to join the club would be solely based on her.

45 minutes until the mirror is completely covered.

sh0d03 • Instagram photos and videos | Мальчики искусство арт ...

Raoul shooting up when he hears the bell ring as he was rather exhausted of that class and pushed to be the first one out. Though he couldn't ignore the stares as he walked pass everyone and kept his head straight and tried to shrug it off. He still feels out of place he honestly hates that feeling not belonging...soon though he felt like he was getting closer to something or somewhere he felt like he would be accepted.
Stretching some more after walking out of class Raoul checks his phone and sees he's gotten a text from his uncle " Hey Hey...blahblah....Beef stew...well at least no training" he spoke to himself and then tapped his shoes against the ground "So what is my next move" he thinks rather hard and remembers the club he was invited too what was it called again" Paranormal....Occult...Supernatural?" he whispered to himself well who gives a damn they might actually be a lot cooler than expected. He chuckled to himself thinking about all the dumb situations he would get himself into if he had friends and then got his mind right once he realized people were looking at him. He then sees a girl randomly strolling a hallway and saw her clutching something and the smell of cookies hit his nose they smelled slightly burnt but still his sweet tooth kicked in for the first time in a long time and slowly approached the girl and noticed that she seemed in deep thought and almost distressed in a manner. He thought to himself "AWWWWW DAMN...I hate to just ask for cookies like that and leave." he comes to terms in his head and decides to talk to her and steps in the girls path " Are you ok" he smiles trying to seem as friendly as possible but was internally nervous as he kind of just wanted a cookie.
Dreamtique Dreamtique

Last edited:
bfd8c59ed30755936d1f3550d73311bd.jpgZenya Noroki

Zenya had just procured a large lens from her bag when the subject of joining the club was brought up, she stood beside her set up camera and turned to the two boys with a tilted head and stared at them for five solid seconds before having to hold back a snicker.

"Pfft," she attached the lens to the camera and turned it on "oh sure, I'm going to ignore the blatant signs of extraterrestrial interference occurring right before me. That's definitely an option I'm not going to ignore entirely."

Leaning down, she stared through the camera and adjusted it ever so slightly while failing to hold back the giggles which came out afterward. Once she cycled through several options using the button on the side, she stepped back away from it and picked up her voice recorder before cycling through its menu and ending the recording before before starting up a new one. Glancing to the mirror again, she tilted her head at the unmistakable sight of it freezing over and sighed before reaching into her pocket and slipping out a collapsible pointer.

"Seeing as my time to study its current state is limited, you'll have to debrief me later on what exactly happened to the individuals who were reported to disappear inside this room yesterday." she was still stifling the giggles she was giving off, extending the pointer before slipping the recorder into her pocket "seeing as the two of you undoubtedly match several of their appearances I'm sure it'll be...."

Raising her free hand up to her mouth, Zenya forced herself to stop laughing long enough for her to take a deep breath. Stepping before her camera, she approached the mirror and reached out with the pointer to touch at the forming ice. As it flaked off and reformed she found her grin returning with fervor, but the moment her pointer slipped into the non-frosted portion that grin devolved into more laughter.

"Oooh, there it is." she cooed to herself whilst pulling her pointer out to look it over "Ah, the rest of the League's gonna go mental after the next reports, guys. Take some pride, most of you occultists never wind up coming across interference this blatant. Its mostly just grift-jobs they end up taking way too seriously, but this? Ohohohoho no, this is something far more solid."

"Get it?"
she snickered whilst continuing to poke and prod at the mirror "Solid... when its lookin' a little too fluid in certain places? And I said Solid? That's some League level punniness for you right there."

Shiki Okuda - The Part Time Student
-
Naps were severely underrated, especially in school. Shiki was feeling rather well-rested after napping his way through his last class, and had woke up just in time to visit the mirror. Quickly Shiki left the classroom and walked past a girl with cookies and another boy talking to her, he looked at them for a moment in curiosity, but then continued his way towards the club room. Walking in with a quick hello, he noticed a strange girl with a camera, focused completely on the mirror. "Is she a club member?"

Lin looked up to see Shiki, "Perfect timing! Yes and no." He walked over to the club door, closing and then locking it. Knowing that the room was on the third floor, he didn't bother drawing the curtains. "We got ourselves a problem. The mirror is freezing over for no reason and we can't make it go away. So our only option is to do what we did last time. I don't know if you will all follow me in or not, but I have to go to confirm something." He paused studying the rooms reaction.

After the situation last time he had to confirm if his sister or something resembling his sister was there. If she was he wanted to at least apologize to her for everything he had done. He knew he should have done more, and this feeling of self loathing was eating him away inside.

He stepped in front of the mirror, staring at an empty room with no reflections. The clear image, slightly rippled as he approached, a determined look on his face. He hoped they would come too, but he was just as prepared to go it alone if need be. This was his burden, his fault, his sin. What more could he do but face whatever was on the other side and atone?

8249584ddb71736e9b18b54fccf6665e.jpg

Adachi Yoru - Prince of the Yakuza
_

It felt like he was getting mocked with all of her laughing. If this is for the sake of the mirror investigation however... he'll do his best to listen to the giggling mad woman. Adachi plopped one of the nearby chairs down in front of the mirror and sat down. It was quite unfortunate that most of her words entered through his ear and immediately left through the other. Despite his best efforts. At least he knows she is definitely interested in finding out more about the mirror just like they are.

That joke was absolutely terrible though. Yet he chuckles, feeling shame at finding a shitty pun funny. He quickly returns to a straight face now that Okuda was here. He sat quietly throughout the time Kitsurugi was talking. He found locking the room unnecessary since nobody seems to care enough about the Occult Club in the first place to check it out.

Adachi stood up from the chair and approaches the mirror, dipping his fingers into the surface before turning to Kitsurugi. He touches the bits of frost at the edges, watches them melt at the warmth of his hand and reform right after. "Going alone into that forest would be suicide. I doubt you'd be able to survive in that forest for long, even with those strange powers we have," he pauses, "Lucky for you, I've been in my fair share of fights before so I've got your back. 'Sides, I wouldn't be here if I didn't want to come."

He turns to face the other two in the room. "I assume you both wanna head in the mirror too, right?" He has high hopes for the both of them to join. Even with his own skills, he isn't sure that the two of them might survive facing more of those monsters.

-
Shiki nods "Of course I am, especially if something is wrong with the mirror." Something finally exciting happens in his life and the moment he's getting to try it, it's put in jeopardy. Well screw that, he needs to let loose some aggression somewhere, and if whatever is messing with the mirror is volunteering then who is he to decline. Shiki will do a quick stretch and check the time on his phone, after confirming the time he'll walk up next Zenya and introduce himself. "The names Shiki" Then to the others in the room "I'm ready if everybody else is."

Feeling pumped up, he moved passed the equipment and into the mirror. Unlike the last time he had entered the mirror world, this time it was cold, and snowing. "What in the h-" He began, but being in a completely different location, he didn't notice that he was perched on top of a hill. Sliding and tumbling down the snowy surface, he landed on his back in front of a sign.

Though the words appeared to be scratched away, he recognized the sign right away. "Am I... home?" He sat up observing his surroundings slowly. The presences of the mirrors and the floating sidewalks were absent here. No that wasn't right, there was still something off about this place. He just couldn't put his finger on it. Maybe it was just a feeling he had? Either way, this feeling that was growing in his gut was increasing his unease. What was off about this place, the home that wasn't his home? There were businesses, cars, people and the occasional sign... "Wait a minute..."

He narrowed his eyes a bit, "what does that say?" The street leading down the main road was marked 'Baby Killer' in bold red letters. He swallowed hard, a feeling of revulsion and bile rising in his throat. The sign felt made towards him somehow, but that wasn't all. As he continued looking up and down the street, the words and the insults that people had called him before he left his hometown were everywhere. "Why? It's been 2 years!" He wanted to curl into a ball, to shy away, the various signs scrawled in that sinister red blood like ink. Perhaps he really wasn't ready to face this worlds version of his sister after all, but he couldn't leave.

Last edited:
9d8c521c7f12cfbb6caec7655b8ffbc2.jpgZenya Noroki

Ignoring the boy's second implication that she'd be joining his dying ghost club, Zenya only briefly looked away from the mirror when a third boy entered the room. She found another matching appearance from yesterday, yet was more than willing to leave that tidbit of information for herself to mull over until she heard it: confirmation of her theory. Standing tall again, she stifled her giggling to a small smile as she listened in on the following conversation while casually tapping her pointer against the side of the mirror.

"I for one have much to confirm as well, Occultist." she snickered while stepping out of the way of the mirror, "Don't go assuming you'll be hogging all this E.T. magistry."

With that, she stowed away her collapsible pointer and watched with intent as Lin approached the mirror. It wasn't as though she'd be willing to just attempt entering the mirror first, seeing the process firsthand was a strict requirement. She had no idea if her equipment could function in there after all, so her own eyes would need to function as the cameras for now. Whilst watching Lin intently, Zenya was briefly distracted by Shiki introducing himself. Making sure not to take her eyes off he mirror, she tilted her head towards him.

"Agent Noroki" she said quickly before cooing as Lin entered the mirror "Ohoho? Just like that then?"

Stepping back over to the mirror right after he dissappeared inside, Zenya examined it again before snickering, "Ah, how fasci-fascinating."

Upon entering the mirror, Zanya stumbled as well upon the snowy hill she suddenly found herself upon. Catching herself, she slid down the rest of the way with a cackling laugh before stumbling forward upon reaching the ground. Her stumble was only interrupted when she slammed against a sign before her, but as she stumbled back her laugh failed to weaken even slightly. Catching herself, Zenya reached up to take hold of her head, holding it still until the shake of the impact wore off and she could more accurately gauge her surroundings.

Strolling past Lin, she gave a whistle while surveying the buildings around them, "Wow, this area got hit by graffiti fairly hard."

Pulling out a pen and little notebook, Zenya began taking notes.

__kuzunoha_raidou_and_gouto_shin_megami_tensei_and_1_more_drawn_by_morimiya_kuroro__sample-8019aa521d2b7c4f501fab572ee7141d.jpg

Adachi Yoru - Prince of the Yakuza
_

Adachi jumps through the mirror, prepared to not fall onto the forest ground.

Of course, he falls regardless. "Wha-" He starts rolling down the snowy hill, only stopping once he hits the flat ground at the bottom. Maybe he should stop jumping through the mirror like how those actors in movies jump through glass windows. In swift fashion, he stands up and tidies himself up. Thankfully, his hat did not fall off this time. He looks around to get a good grip on his surroundings. "This was a forest before." Oh, right. Monsters.

His eyes survey the area much more to make sure that they did not stumble nearby any monsters. Once he's sure there is absolutely nothing, he reaches out in front of him. A cold surface meets his fingertips. Good. They still had those powers of theirs. He was tempted to break it just to make sure, but decided not to as he remembers quickly feeling exhausted afterwards.

This whole place was completely different. The... did Lamia call this place Jingu? Jingee? Jingzi? That was it. They entered the same mirror yet ended up in a different area. The mirror must be an ever changing world. He dislikes the feel of this new place. It does not sit well with him. He didn't mind the cold much. The street however... "Baby... killer?" Looking more, there were words painted on every surface. All ranging from demeaning insults to stuff that he's sure not even any of the yakuza would say.

Looking towards the others, he noticed Kitsurugi looked distressed. "Stay vigilant, Kitsurugi," he says to try motivating him. "All of you, stay cautious. This place probably has monsters just like Lamia and that eyeless... thing from the other day." He rubs his arms to keep warm. Thankfully he has his hat to keep his head somewhat warm.

Last edited:
Lin looked up to Adachi giving a short nod before getting up of the ground. "Right, I can't give up just yet." He brushed off the snow from his body. "So we are back at my hometown...Welcome to Gotemba." He muttered the last part in annoyance. He was excited to see his sister but he was not excited to be here in particular. A baby stroller could be seen across the road, resting against a wall. The parent was nowhere to be seen but the baby was crying nonetheless.

-
"I should've brought a jacket" Shiki will say looking at the snow blanketing the area. "Wait Gotemba! How the hell did we get here?" he'll say in shock. This wasn't what he was expecting, before hand the mirror world reflected their surroundings but now it was reflecting memories, or at least something like it if they really were in Lin's hometown. Nevertheless, chances were monsters were still around somewhere if this was anything like last time. And chances are that baby was one of them or maybe just a part of the world if the words baby killer were anything to go by. With a look to the others Shiki will cautiously and slowly approach the stroller, waiting for something to pop out at him.

There was something off about this whole situation. It started with no one else being around, the sounds around them disappeared and filled with the sound of baby crying. It was nearly deafening. As he approached, it's crying stopped and with little restraint a snow ball like head rose from the stroller. It was a jackfrost, it's icy stare watching him intently. It cries a long hi-ho before throwing the stroller aside to prepare to attack. Raising it's hand it prepared to attack with a bufu skill.

Despite all it's bravado it seemed like this shadow was especially weak. It also didn't seem that fast. However, if continued crying, more shadows could show up. What would the next move be? Lin's eyes widened at his companion. "Wait what are you...?"

Last edited:
"Crap!" Shiki says in shock he was expecting an attack but he was still caught off guard. Seeing the creature prepare an attack he'll step a few feet to the side and slam his hand into a mirror appearing before him "Skewer!". The mirror breaks into tiny blades of glass and launch toward the snowman.

The attack immediately destroys the Jack Frost, causing what made it up (mirror fragments) to shatter onto the ground. It would be at this time that from both sides of the street, doors from every shop and building would slam open.

An ominous sense of dread falls upon the group. Fauna are beginning to stir aggressively from the darkness of the shops. A terrifying sound of continuous chanting of "Child Killer" and "Murderer" and "Trash!" Could be heard. With each passing second the group risks being surrounded by a teeming, nearly endless hoard of ravenous and angry Fauna.

A grin appears on Shiki's face satisfied with putting an end to the monster however, it was short-lived as more creature erupted from the nearby buildings. What was once excitement was now nervousness as a horde of monsters quickly approached the group. "We may want to get out of here, NOW!" Shiki shouts as he looks around him, searching for some way out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back