• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Monokuma.is.best

Despair :3
Mirror Fauna.jpg

"Reflections are but another concept that is weaved from the dark abyss of the human mind. Reflections are a facade. With one hand I will break this lie, and with the other, I shall rip the knowledge I yearn from your still beating heart. There is no reflections, only the cold dampness of this place. A place among the damned and the ruthless, the persecuted and the lost. A place no longer fit for..."
-The Watcher

Year 2025...

Leslie Academy, 6:00pm, Room 21B Paranormal Research Club

Among the numerous headlines over the various new restrictions to the world governments, a version of peace has been achieved. At least on the surface peace has grown among the populace, but they say the true darkness can be found in the hearts of mankind.

'As people bustle about doing their daily activities, their days uninterrupted, another accident occurred. Much like the one a few months before, there was yet again another disappearance of someone. This was soon followed by the person being found hours later beside a shattered mirror or a broken reflective surface. There are still no answers to why...' Lin looked over the news article two or three times before sighing. "It doesn't scream paranormal to me." He scratched him head with an ounce of annoyance. Being the only person who ever stayed with the Paranormal Research Club, after the other members left, left him feeling bored to death. He always entered the room feeling the same way. First he would feel nostalgic at the smell of the room, and then comfortable when he sat down in his chair. However the moment he looked around the room he would immediately feel dumb. He was the only person to actually care about this club and the only member. At this rate the club might as well shut down.

Leaning forward a bit he caught a glint of something red out of the corner of his eye. Looking to his left he saw nothing but the large mirror that sat flush with the wall. Lin rubbed his eyes and yawned audibly. "What in the world was that? Eh I probably haven't been getting enough sleep." Standing, he looked around the room one last time, bowed to no one in particular and said, "Dismissed." Walking passed the mirror he headed to the door. Maybe he should really give this club up? Maybe he would give it one more day for old times sake. Can't hurt right? He turned the light off, feeling his chest tighten at the thought of letting go. At this rate what could he do?

"...Lin..."

"Odd... thought I heard something." He muttered to himself. With him leaving and locking the room, he headed to his dorm in the West Wing. There had always been rumors concerning this school. Strange things, horrible things that lurked just out of view in the shadows. Lin sought the Paranormal, but at the moment there was nothing really strange about the school that he could tell. On the other hand his mind kept shifting back to that stupid news article. Disappearances followed by reappearances. He would hopefully forget about it in the morning.

Last edited:
Friday-January 31,2025=>
Saturday-February 1, 2025

Lin stretched at the sound of his alarm, the loud droning noise interrupting his sleep yet again. How long had it been since he slept without one of these things? His internal clock used to be amazing, but now it was as if it had fallen away immediately.

Sighing at the clock he made his preparations and took a shower, got dressed and made himself breakfast. There were no need for cafeteria food when he had a kitchen in his dorm room.

With a quick look, he headed out to home room ready to start the day. Not knowing that there was something ominous just around the corner.

Last edited:
As Lins day winded to an end without much activity, he headed to the Paranormal Research Club (P.R.C.) to start his last day in the club. As his hand reached for the door her felt a seething and unnerving fear creeping into the pit of his stomach. What was this, this urge to run away and not look back?

He reasoned he was tied and opened the door to a porch black room despite the window being open to the sunshine. Then all at once the darkness vanished and the light blinded him temporarily. A blur of red shot passed him and down the hall, it's feet silently racing across the floor to who knows where.

"Ugh, what the heck?" He clutched his head and went to sit at his desk, the room seeming to spin around him. He had to lay his head down for a bit to try to regain his composure.

__kuzunoha_raidou_and_poltergeist_shin_megami_tensei_and_1_more_drawn_by_morimiya_kuroro__sample-a7b4dd6041bbf0475f0df72d4e5b6ab8.jpg

Adachi Yoru - The Yakuza Prince
_

The atmosphere of the classroom was killing him. Was it always this awkward? No, he knows that untrue. He could always hear them talking normally when he stood behind the door. It was not until he arrived that the atmosphere had gotten bleak. Adachi could feel it. The fear. It was suffocating, to look up from the script in his hands and to always meet faces turned away from his. Was the drama club not for aspiring actors? It was disappointing, really. He has the same ambitions as they did and yet... and yet they did not see him as an equal.

He could see the fear in the eyes of his partner. "Let's.. let's st-start off now, Adachi." The trembling voice. He knew what a voice full of fear was like. Adachi had heard it many times before, back at home.

Though he knows he should not give up hope! He knows that very much. To give up is to lose, his pops always said. And yet he feels nothing but guilt. He feels guilty to have lowered down their morale. Did he look that scary? Should he smile more often? Being treated like something to feared was so, so tiring. He couldn't even make a single friend in the time he's been at Leslie Academy. He closed his script. He faced downwards still, deep in thought.

"...I didn't ask to be born like this, y'know," Adachi said. "H-huh?" "Like this. As the only son of a yakuza family's patriarch. I don't even want to be a yakuza. But even then..." He looked up to face them. All of them. "...that all of you see me as. As The Prince of Threats and not Adachi. Not as another guy wanting to be an actor- like all of YOU! But you see me as some guy that could ruin anyone he wanted to," he paused, "You never even gave me a damn chance. I'm sick of it. What have I done to all of you?!" "Hey Adachi, please calm do-" "Calm down? How can I be calm when all my life I've just been treated like a monster?

A deafening silence ensued. "I quit. There's no point in this. I apologize for all I've caused you." He placed the script on a table and exited the drama club's room. Adachi stood outside for a good few minutes, collecting his thoughts. He needed to sit somewhere. Somewhere quiet.

He settles for the outside of an empty classroom. Or he hoped it was empty. He didn't really know, or cared. He sits against the wall and hugs his knees. There's a look of sadness in his eyes as he stares at the ground in front of him.

Roxasarass Roxasarass

"...Adachi..." A red and white fox, a simple yet curious creature, appeared from seemingly out of the blue. It emitted no sound, but yet it nails still touched the tiles. There was no sound of clacking nails or padding feet. Then there was what seemed like a voice but the fox hadn't opened it mouth. It cocked it's head slowly before turning away to head away. It walked a few feet away and looked back at the student to see if he would follow.

There was something otherworldly and beautiful about this particular Fox. Something about the Fox wasn't present with other foxes, but a regular set of human eyes would never spot it. Another alluring voice spoke out, "...come..."

__kuzunoha_raidou_and_poltergeist_shin_megami_tensei_and_1_more_drawn_by_morimiya_kuroro__sample-a7b4dd6041bbf0475f0df72d4e5b6ab8.jpg

_ Monokuma.is.best Monokuma.is.best

Pulled out of his thoughts by an entrancing voice, Adachi looks up to see... "A fox?" What would a fox be doing here? Was the fox the one that said his name? Though he knows foxes can't talk. Animals in general couldn't do that. This one however, seemed strange. He couldn't put his finger on it but there was a certain allure that this fox brought with it. Plus judging from it's behavior, it seems it wants him to follow. Adachi was curious as to what a fox would want with him.

Then he heard the voice again.

While he saw the fox did not open it's jaw, he was certain that was where it came from. "Where are you taking me, little fox? Could you be here to comfort me?" He spoke before standing up from where he was daydreaming and started to follow it. It was not everyday that a strange talking fox appeared.

Last edited:
Roxasarass Roxasarass

The Fox led him to the still open door of the Paranormal Research Club. With a final look back, it walked into the room, turned to the right and vanished through the large mirror. The lone occupant, Lin, was just stirring from his headache. Surprised to see someone approaching the club, he say up straight with a raised eyebrow.

"Hi, can I help you?"

Adachi stood a distance away from the door, contemplating whether or not he should enter. The strange fox had led him here with a purpose. That would naturally mean he had to go in, right? Though if he remembers correctly, this was the.... ghost club? Occult Club? And from what he last heard of it, it was essentially dead. Much like the subject of the club. He chuckled from that little joke. Nobody was probably here so... "Excuse me," Adachi says as he enters the supposedly empty room.

Part way in however, he was met with someone. A member, maybe? It must be lonely to be the only member of a club. "Oh, um... pardon my intrusion but did you perhaps see a fox enter through here?" he asks them. "It had red and white fur, real quiet like a ghost, and was about... this big?" Adachi stretched out his arms to estimate the size of the fox. Glancing around the room however, he did not see any such fox. Strange.

Lin raised an eyebrow. "A Fox you say?" He stood up clutching his head. Moving around the desk he began walking toward the student. But then froze part of the way there. His jaw hung agape for a moment as his head swiveled slowly to the mirror. His reflection, or where it should have been, was gone. "What the.."

In the glass there was a red furry creature in the reflection watching seemingly from behind him. Turning he looked but there was nothing there. "Hey, uh, could you check this out? Please tell me I'm imagining this..." His voice trailed off while his mind tried to rapidly come up with a solution. Finding nothing his headache continued to grow worse.

A voice was somewhere in his chair of thoughts. He could barely make out two words it spoke. It felt as if there was an itch deep in his brain. These words seened meant for him. He fought them back however. He wanted no party if whatever it or this Mirror were. This didn't stop his curiosity.

"...I... am..."

"No..." He muttered to himself, clutching his head in obvious discomfort.

"Lin...Adachi..." The sound of the Fox soothingly coaxed them to the mirror. "Come...."

Roxasarass Roxasarass

"Hmm? Is something the matter?" Adachi noticed the sort of fearful look in the man's face. He sighs. Another one? He didn't want to deal with another person who knows the rumors. That was what Adachi assumed, until the man looked to the side. He peeked to see what the student was looking at. "Is something there?" It was a mirror? He didn't really see why he would be freaking out- huh? Looking closer, he saw that the man had no reflection. Was he... a vampire? Then a creature appeared. "No, you aren't imagining things. That is definitely... freaky," he confirmed. Was this a prank? He knows this in an occult club but that was kind of immature.

He knew something was wrong however when the other clutched their head in pain. "Hey, you alright?" Shit, was this guy going to collapse? "Hey, don't faint on me, man. I'll bring you to the nurse, that okay?" Adachi hastily steps toward the man, only to turn once he heard the familiar voice of the fox again. "Did you hear that? That was the fox!" It was calling to them. But the dude looked to be in pain... Maybe the fox was a kind creature? Would it be faster to head to the mirror? It seemed friendly. Did it lead him to this club because it knew this was going to happen? "Can you help this man?" He asked the fox, worry tinging his voice. He hoped it would answer.

Last edited:
Lin shook his head before removing his hand. "I'll be fine. But neither of us have a reflection." He pointed it out to the fellow student. Then Lin did something he felt was a bit stupid, he lightly touched the mirror. He felt the cold icy surface, but more then that, the surface ripple like water before returning to its original shape.

He had noticed something else when in contact with the Mirror surface, his hand passed through slightly. That cold icy surface remained fresh in his mind as his eyes watched the mirror. "What is this?" He looked to the other student, "thanks for coming to check on me."

"...come... here..." It was that familiar voice of the Fox coming through the mirror.

Last edited:

He did not notice it earlier but looking at the mirror now, he was right. There was no reflection for both of them. "That's... concerning," he says as he stares at whatever the other boy is doing. Before that however, there was a glimpse of the weird red monster when their reflections first disappeared. What was that? That was no fox. That was something else entirely. He looks as the other boy caused a ripple in the mirror. "Strange." He wants to try that himself now. Would his own hand also cause a ripple, or would it just touch like normal?

Perhaps it has something to do with their reflections being gone. Adachi walks up next to the boy and only meant to touch the mirror, before plunging his right hand entirely in it. Just as quickly as he plunged it in, he pulled it out of the mirror. That startled him. It's as if that with their reflections gone, they didn't have anything blocking entry into the mirror. "There's no need to thank me. It's natural for people to look after each other, right?" Adachi replied before the voice appeared once again.

It was still beckoning for them to come. He should be scared. This was all so unreal. But he didn't feel particularly afraid. He knows it was potentially dangerous to simply just head in and yet, his curiosity wishes to enter regardless. Plus he wishes to find the fox and pet it at least. "The voice wants us to enter the mirror. I also want to enter the mirror," he says to the boy, "I'm assuming you want to go in too, right? Being the last member of your club, I'm sure this is definitely something that counts as paranormal." He himself was definitely ready to dive right into the mirror.

Lin nodded, "Yeah let's go. I haven't seen any paranormal stuff since being in here." He reached toward the mirror and step through. His first impression was stopping into a cold pool but there wasn't a wet surface. Once the experience was over he got disoriented and stumbled into a tree. A tree? "Wait..." He looked around at the greyscaled surroundings, this looked familiar. "The Suicide Forest?" Turning around he observed the school and the mirror were gone.

Grey colors everywhere, but back deeper in the forest, the trees looked less like a trees and more like blobs of grey. In the opposite direction were hints of green in the distance. He immediately assumed that perhaps heading for the colored area would be the safe bet. He waited for Adachi's reactions to this bizarre place. At the moment the sky wasn't visible. "I think this goes beyond paranormal..."

_

Adachi jumps through the mirror right after him and immediately hits a tree and stumbles onto the ground, hat falling off in the process. "Ow..." The first sight he sees are a sea of trees. Numerous trees. Except for the fact that these trees were all grey. He probably should have peeked into the mirror first before entering. The teenager slowly stands up and grabs his fallen hat, wiping off any dirt on himself in the process. His ears perk up at the mention of the Suicide Forest. "You've been there?" Adachi asks as he puts his hat back on. Aokigahara was a place he'd never been to before but has heard of, and all he knows of it are bad things. "How are we in Aokigahara?" Looking around however, brings up a much more important question. How are they gonna get out of here?

The fact that they were suddenly in Aokigahara Forest made it all much more unsettling. He'd seen his fair share of stuff before, but to be in a place where people have lost themselves... that is another thing entirely. He doesn't like this. But he wants to go further. Damn his stupid curiosity. He doesn't even know this guy, he realizes. They haven't even properly introduced each other yet. But he's already stuck in a different dimension with him. "Let's stay close, yeah?" He'd never been good with the paranormal in the first place. Normal scary stuff, he was fine with. Abnormal stuff on the hand... hard no. He should have thought into this more but no, he's stuck here.

He'll just have to deal with any scary people or things when they get to them. If any even exists. For all they know this is an empty world. And frankly, he'd prefer that. If things do get crazy, he'd like it if he were to be with someone he at least knows the name of. "Hey. We haven't even introduced ourselves, right? If we're gonna explore more, I think it'd be best we at least know each other's names," he says to the other man. "I'm Adachi Yoru. You?" He hopes this is a person who hasn't heard the rumors.

"Lin. Lin Kitsurugi." He was happy they had finally introduced themselves. Now they weren't at least strangers. "Yeah, this is the forest that the school is built on. But something about this place feels off. Well besides the color."

Sliiiide.... Sliiiide...... Thump!

Sliiiide..... Sliiiide..... Thump!

An odd sound started up somewhere from behind them. The sound was wet and ghastly, like the sound of raw meat sliding against tile and then being slammed against a wall. It honestly made Lin go pale. He knew that sounds but it didn't make sense for where they were.

There sounds dredged up images of the local butcher who carved up meat nearby. He remember the butcher would sling the bad meat against the covered wall in his shop and into a bin. The sound made him want to hurl. "Let's head towards the green area over there. Maybe we can find a way out of here."

Sliiiide..... Sliiiide..... Thump.... Sliiiide... Sliiiide.... Thump.... The wet noise continued to grow closer. It was as if it knew where they were. It was a moment before the smell hit them, the smell of rancid, rotting meat. As the smell grew ten times worse, the source of the smell could almost be seen.

from behind a tree, a long bloated greyish arm, slapped down onto the ground. With great force it pulled its body into view. A half decapitated man, or what looked to be a depiction of a man, slid into focus. It's eyeless sockets turned to face them, it's intrails sliding disgustingly behind it. Once it pulled itself forward enough, a shorter clawed hand reached out to drag itself forward. The disparity between it's two appendages made its body hit the ground hard, causing a splat/ thumping noise. It's jaw unhinged slightly to reveal a grin and rows of black dagger like teeth. From its mouth oozed a greenish liquid which splatted underneath of it, leaving a nasty pool of what they would guess as bile.

Finding out Leslie Academy was built on Aokigahara was something he found concerning. "In any case, it's good to meet you, Kitsurugi-kun," Adachi said, offering a little smile in return. The sudden sounds of something disgustingly wet, sliding across the ground had alerted him. Adachi starts looking around trying to find the source. Such sounds would mean the worst of his fears. They were not alone. "Yeah, let's. Before whatever that is finds us-," then the foulest stench he'd ever had the displeasure of smelling had assaulted his nose. It smelled like rotten corpses and with every squelching sound it made, it only got closer.

The scent of rotted flesh got so much worse as the entity came into view. With his sleeve covering his nose, he stared at the monstrosity making it's way to them. "What the hell is that?" He wanted to run. There was no way in hell he would be punching something like that. A creature so unholy, it could have only crawled out of lowest depths of hell with how it appeared. It almost made him want to puke his guts out. That... thing would kill them.

He turned to face Kitsurugi, the towards the green area. That was most likely their safest best. It was away from whatever this monochrome was at least. "We are running. Now." Adachi goes and grabs one of Kitsurugi's hands and starts running for his life. To die here would be horrible, so he wishes to take no chances and will have to force the man to run if he has to.

Shiki Okuda - The Part Time Student
-
When was the last time he came to school, 3-4 days maybe? He can't remember. What he does remember however is his job at the diner later on tonight, then the convince store, and maybe a few package deliveries if they still need the help. Until then, he would kill time, wandering around the school, and maybe find a place to nap. It's strange, he had been attending this school for quite some time now, yet everything was still unfamiliar. Walking while yawning and scratching his shaggy black hair, he doesn't notice the cleaning equipment left out. "shit.." he mutters under his breath, catching himself after falling over. Opening his eyes, he sees the large scar on his right hand given to him years ago. "Sigh" He stands back up and looks up to see the sign in front of him. "Room 21B Paranormal Research Club" he reads. Looking at the sign he notices that the door is slightly ajar, listing in he hears some talking and then a mysterious silence. Curious, He walks into the room only to find it empty.

Lin didn't need any coaxing, he was already running with Adachi not saying a word. They ran until their long truly fill to bursting. Upon collapsing on the ground in the green grass they would notice that the monster was no where to be seen. However this new area had it's own share of oddities. Pieces of the sidewalk were floating, the sky was a large array of painted hovering mirrors with the occasional white mirrors floating by. A glowing sphere above rotated ominously high above them. Everything else seemed to be a mirror image of the street outside the forest in the real world.

"Let's rest at the bus stop over there." Lin pointed, regaining his strength. Dragging himself to his feet he reached down to help him up. As he did so he spotted a person walking down the street, walking away from them. It seemed to be a beautiful woman.

Shiki Okuda - The Part Time Student
-
"There are a lot of strange things in here..." He said looking around the research room. When out in the corner of his eye he sees a quick flash of red "What was that?" Turning his head to see, only to find a lone mirror. Moving closer to take a better look, he inspects the mirror closely not finding anything wrong, until discovering the obvious shown. There was no reflection, "They really found something that might actually be supernatural." He mutters to himself. Suddenly a ripple goes through he mirror almost as if it was water. Cautiously he taps the mirror and his fingers goes inside, he trying to pull back his hand however he only feels the mirror to begin to suck him in. Then with one last pull and a cry for help Shiki is pulled in to the mirror with zero trace of him ever being there.

Shiki opens his eyes to an area unfamiliar to him, A forest that rings no memories and the trees were a strangely grey. Trying not to panic he looks around hoping to find something to explain whats happening. Then in the distance he can see two silhouette's standing beside what looks like a bus stop. Desperate for anything helpful, he walks towards the bus stop.

The Shadow that had followed the first two was far out of the way to catch the new boy and remained motionless at the base of some trees. Meanwhile the woman, who had been walking away, purse hanging on her arm, stopped to pull out her phone. She put it to her ear and started chatting away. Unaware of the two boys presence, they had the option to either hide or approach her. The third male was still too far away to get their attention. There was no telling what the situation could lead to.

Once the green area was reached, he had to catch his breath. He hasn't ran like that in a while. A glance back whence they came revealed there was no monster to be found. That was good. Real good. It'd be best to keep away from the forest for now. Upon taking his first real look at this new area of theirs, with it's array of mirrors floating high above in the sky, the ominous sphere above this sky, he found this conception to be strangely beautiful. Other than those details, this was more or less just a road. "Yeah," he agreed. Resting at a bus stop sounded good.

Looking a little away from the bus stop however, revealed to him a new entity. A woman? Thankfully, she seemed normal. Did people exist in this world, too? "Y'think we should ask that lady over there about this place? She doesn't seem to be one of those monsters so it'll probably be safe," he said. If things went good that lady might even help them escape here and tell us more about this whole mirror world. If not, well, there's always more running.

Lin began to speak, "I don't know..." The woman let her arm fall to her side, the phone clattering to the ground. The woman's head looked to the sky slowly, before her head slowly twisted around a full 180 degree on her neck to view them clearly. "Uh... uh..."

"Ah... it hassssss been sssssso long sssssince I have tasssssted human flessssssh. You both look sssso deliciousssss!" With a sickening pop, the skin of the woman was shed to reveal a long scaled tail, which unraveled, dug into the ground and blocked off their escape from behind. The tail wagged back and forth, flitting about like a Cobra. "I am Lamia, the devourer of men and women. Come to me children"

Between a rock and a hard place, they would have to fight. The Lamia's nose was impressive and it knew they were there the moment she raised her cell phone up. "This doesn't look good..." He looked around for an exit, "Looks like all we can do is fight this thing."

Naturally, his intuition had turned out to be wrong.

A new rule he'll add to this world is to never trust anything that moves. Everything in this world is monstrous. At least this one doesn't smell bad and does not make him want to make him puke at the the very sight of it. "I hope you know how to fight then, Kitsurugi-kun," he says to the other boy. Adachi cracks his knuckles and his neck before getting into his preferred fighting stance. While he may look composed, he's afraid. Very much so. If he absolutely has to beat up a snake person though, he'll do it.

"Bring it on."

Almost immediately, Adachi dashes straight toward Lamia. If there was anything on the street, like trash cans or hell, even a bench that isn't bolted to the ground, he'd probably use that. Something is better than nothing. Right now however, he's pulling his fist back so that he can land a wild haymaker on the snake lady. He's got a really shitty feeling in his gut though. He has experience but he wasn't facing a human this time around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back