• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Pathfinder Roleplay - BERSERK inspiration.

TacoMann

Just a sweet transvestite
Both a simple, and complex concept. This is not a game of adaptation, or world. This is a game of theme, feeling, and an attempt not to replicate or insert my players into the world or story of the BERSERK manga. But to capture the scale, and grandeur, and darkness, and hopelessness, in an RP.

The pathfinder system. A low magic setting (All casters "Diminished"). Starting level 9. And an extra stat to keep track of: Sanity. Sanity calculation will be figured out pending submissions. This will be a difficult campaign, with difficult encounters, so it'd be best if players have some experience with the combat system! Still, I disapprove strongly of throwaway characters, as cruel a DM as I can be.

Anyone interested by the basic pitch?

Was gonna say. Biggest magical difference besides no healing spells would probably be that the majority of spellcasting is summoning / elementalism.

Or hideously evil.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going with inspiration, not the direct setting stealing. Much how Miyazaki's games, y'know, Dark Souls, Demon's Souls, etc, took their "Berserk" route. Anything Paizo, MCA, or cleared with me is legal. :D

Pun Pun is not Pathfinder-possible. Trust me. I LOVE me some Kobolds...

...Now, a paired Kobold Monk build for two back-to-back monks with a total of +57 AC before armor and buffs? That's an option! :D

...Do recall I can also NOPE things at will. All characters will be submitted for pending approval when the forum is up.

Also, if you have an idea for a character who isn't All 9-levels character. Say you want a Half-angel. A planetouched? Cross-classed? Some sort of template? Prestige or two? Go wild, but let me know. I might even let you play a monster if there was something you had in mind for that...

*crawls out of the nearest trash can*

Did somebody say... pathfinder?

so.. focused sniper.... I think with this I can finally, finally make the crossbowman i've always wanted!

A dream, a dream, a fleeting wonderous dream!

Check the multiclass list thing taco posted, should be a druid barb class in there if you Wana go that route.

I found a samurai barbarian mix class that I am going to try, feral mercenary, honestly it screams kenpachi for me. (Bleach, if yea don't know who he is)

Hmm, I don't know, can I still rage to broadcast teamwork feats too all of my squirrel minions?

Just... keep Grimdark and such in mind. It's definitely meaning to be an intentionally serious and grimdark campaign. Beyond that... not being familiar might mean missing some fun references? I 'unno.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back