Out of Character Discussion

See, "magic" in this setting is actually using a novelty programming technique to control and command nanobots, right? If you have the gift, that means you have a high enough concentration of active nanobots in your body to communicate directly with the RAN terminals - and other nanobots. If a person has few to no nanobots, they're basically "outside the network" and cannot be influenced.

The entire RP is about how bards rule the world when you think about it.

A very limited ruling, if you think about it a bit more. World-rulers easily interrupted by a thing like a ball thrown really hard is no world-ruler at all.

Rudy has a "beating stick" if that counts. Well, a sturdy rifle, anyway. Same difference.

IMO, the rapier i find quite easy to write out. It is an elegant weapon. Rotate the wrist for a quick parry and shove the pointy end into the bad guy. Easy to look badass while leaving many of the movements to the imagination. The nice thin blade does well in getting through cracks in armor, too.

A teacher could be actively useful. Someone fluent in history and the world amd its lore and legends, and various other subject. A fine way to deliver exopostion in a fun a way. And someone to help with big words when we happen upon an owners manual.

First aid in any non spell song form will be a boon to anyone who does not have nanobots in their system. Since healing magic wont work on them.

Not to mention, whatever skills we have now could easily evolve as we progress creating notable differences. For example, Rudolph and Philip(?) Both have a repairman role. Philip(?) might end up being better with computers and finer electronics while Rudy adapts better to armor and engines and whatnot.

Musician's character has the fencing skill, is studied in Magi and spell songs (in terms of book learning) as well as other subjects, and has healing (physical and emotional) which I think includes first aid because Welian's explained you can only use spellsinging to heal another spellsinger.

Yeah, I am keeping spellsinging either way because I think much like a repairman role, there's a lot of room for diversifying within it and working with one another. Welian specifically mentioned choirs are used for bigger miracles so I am keeping spellsinging either way, but I do want her to have another useful tool in her arsenal like everyone else... and hopefully something that doesn't overlap with the other unique niches people have found!

ANNOUNCEMENT!

Apparently if you press enter it submits your post.

Without making a new line.

okay but the ACTUAL ANNOUNCEMENT IS:

@Anarchist @AngelOfTheMourning and @Musician have completed their character apps, which means I will be reviewing their characters shortly. If they are approved and the RP thread is up, then they are free to post.

@Ender The Spider King @KingHink @simj22 @Syrenrei and @too much idea have submitted character sheets, but have not completed them.

@DJ MagicHat @Giyari @GrieveWriter @Ironrot @KamiKahzy @St Starry @Sullivanity @Swoob @That Guy Leopold @TurtleBay and @Zahzi have NOT submitted a character sheet and will be removed from the roleplay if a character is not submitted by Friday the 21st.

have NOT submitted a character sheet and will be removed from the roleplay if a character is not submitted by Friday the 21st.

sad-06.jpg

(Does his sheet)

@Anarchist @AngelOfTheMourning and @Musician have completed their character apps, which means I will be reviewing their characters shortly. If they are approved and the RP thread is up, then they are free to post.

@Ender The Spider King @KingHink @simj22 @Syrenrei and @too much idea have submitted character sheets, but have not completed them.

@DJ MagicHat @Giyari @GrieveWriter @Ironrot @KamiKahzy @St Starry @Sullivanity @Swoob @That Guy Leopold @TurtleBay and @Zahzi have NOT submitted a character sheet and will be removed from the roleplay if a character is not submitted by Friday the 21st.

? i submitted it 2 weeks ago

--edit: nvm lmao--

Last edited by a moderator:
I should really make the different threads more obvious in name, lol. Don't worry about it.

OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY!  IM FUCKING  READY BRO LEGGO BABY!!!!!

Hey! Thanks for the invite, really wanted to be part of this idea--seemed something that I'd def wanna be in. Thanks Welian! Nw before I go off into making a character is there anything in the OOC chat I need to be aware of? Like plans you guys made? I'm super amp'd to make my guy--can't wait for this to be rolling. Also how are ya guys? 

@CupAndCough Just skim the other characters for now. I'm updating the World Manual (it's very behind), and ask lots of questions. You can PM me for a link to the Discord server where we have lots of great discussions if you want.

@AngelOfTheMourningGreat character profile, very detailed. Yana seems pretty shrewd/smart/knowledgeable. Given the nature of the existence of "spellsinging" in this world, I'd go a bit into what she knows about spellsinging and perhaps if she's dipped her toes in it at all. 

7 hours ago, welian said:

I'm sorry but i don't think i can submit one before that date. 

Good luck everyone!

i hope i can join sometime in the future

@AngelOfTheMourningGreat character profile, very detailed. Yana seems pretty shrewd/smart/knowledgeable. Given the nature of the existence of "spellsinging" in this world, I'd go a bit into what she knows about spellsinging and perhaps if she's dipped her toes in it at all. 

I was thinking the same think actually! I'll edit it up a bit and tag you in a post here when she's done. Thank you so much! 

Hey everyone! I'm going to be gone for most of the day due to traveling shenanigans. While I'm gone, @Luddeus is in charge. He will continue to review everyone's characters as you finish them, and answer any questions about the setting.

UNLIMITED POWER. WITH WHICH I WILL.... errrr... peruse character profiles in peace because i'm too jetlagged to cause mayhem. But seriously though, character profiles! 

Also I wanted to make a note, it would be useful (and preferred) for both you and everyone involved if you could think about the types or functions of spellsongs your character knows or can perform. The rules for what's allowed or not allowed are rather vague, due to the nature of how they work from a realistic perspective, but do not hesitate to come up with anything you want, and then talk to either @welian or myself (here, PMs, the RP discord, anything's fine) to see if what you're thinking of is viable or not.

TL;DR Try to come up with spellsongs if your character is a spellslinger, and what they can do. This isn't required for approval currently but you should be thinking about it :)

Yeah, thought about it and I'm actually gonna drop out here and now, thanks for the offer.

Everyone:

I am happy to tie in to anyone in Shayn that would like to have some sort of relationship/background with Portia. As one of the healers in Shayn she'd probably tend to residents when they get sick or injured assuming they don't avoid her; I leave that entirely up to you if they do. I'm not really looking for an antagonistic relationship, bur rather friendships and acquaintances that you feel our characters might have given their personalities. Portia won't judge or discriminate based on gender, age, background, etc. although she'd be cordial at best with anyone who's devilish/evil, so this probably only applies to neutral and good characters.

<3

I think it put in conversation that I was withdrawing from the Rp, but thanks for waiting for me. Very considerate of you after this much time.

I will not be joining this rp (have fun though :)

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry, I've been very busy due to a frightening amount of homework but I'll get a character up asap (and definitely before Friday)

got called in early to work today cuz one of the fulltimers' kid fell sick, and she had to go back to take care of him. Still stewing over some ideas. Alexei may or may not be changed entirely or just halfway through. Off day tomorrow anyway, so hey, probably might spend some time on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back