Out of Character Discussion

I hope you enjoy it! Send me a PM if you want to join the Discorrd channel, okay? We have a lot of great discussions in there.

Did a lot of updating of the world manual. Ended up needing to split Magic and Technology into two seperate posts, but I can work on Technology later. I'm still waiting for a friend's simulation to complete before I can finish the Geography (and consequently, the Politics and Culture) section.

So based on the simulation that Luddeus ran, it looks like, if we're being realistic, the RP won't take place exactly where I wanted it to - mostly because North America is underwater thanks to global warming. Git rekt, I guess. Still Plan B - Russia - seems like it'll be fine.

75e1db9d7d131df9a34ef1e6443f565768950d495ada649a46ffda78bd8d05e8_large

So based on the simulation that Luddeus ran, it looks like, if we're being realistic, the RP won't take place exactly where I wanted it to - mostly because North America is underwater thanks to global warming. Git rekt, I guess. Still Plan B - Russia - seems like it'll be fine.

Is there really enough water in the ice caps to cover America?

Is there really enough water in the ice caps to cover America?

I don't know the answer for sure, but, subduction is a thing. The tectonic plate that North America lies on is slowly sinking, last I checked.

@welian

I admit to be a bit skeptical of how factual the models are. (The models have been wrong before, particularly in recent years about the present)

My suggestion would be to just go with your initial vision. It would be easy to suspend disbelief.

: ) 

Don't worry about a thing! From the POV of your characters, nothing will change - and the technology is the same as well.

Luddeus is the scienciest of us all and I trust his model - after all, it's only being used as a general guideline for what the climate may look like in 2000 years after global warming, Yellowstone, and nuclear war have had their way  with us.

: ) 

Don't worry about a thing! From the POV of your characters, nothing will change - and the technology is the same as well.

Luddeus is the scienciest of us all and I trust his model - after all, it's only being used as a general guideline for what the climate may look like in 2000 years after global warming, Yellowstone, and nuclear war have had their way  with us.

And no worries, i have no worries! xD I am down for whichever route we take. 

I think Russia actually makes things more exciting for me. I'm not a religious expert like some of the other users but Christian Orthodoxy would be a really interesting influence to play with. 

Feel free to drop any character creation related questions in here!

Wednesday, unless you let me know about extenuating circumstances (like work or school).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back