• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Our LGBT Life OOC

Characters
Here
Other
Here
There's so many of us now. :o):o):o):bishiesparklesl::bishiesparklesr:

I'm gonna make character relationships suggestions here in the OOC when I get home from my classmate's later. We're gonna be doing a week's worth of project in just one daaaay. Also, just woke up so, Goodmorning everyone... or goodeve!
Sounds good! Wow that's a lot of work, good luck with it. For me it's about to be goodnight since I am getting ready for sleep but good morning to you anyway. Hope you have a nice day!

Super excited for this rp! It's nice to see many people interested. <3
I was gonna ask you how you'd like Ashe's backstory with your character but then I remembered that yours is the New Girl. Gosh, I'm so forgetful these days. But since yours is the Ellie, well... Ashe will flirt with her the first time they meet. I hope that's okay, if not well that's fine with me.

I was gonna ask you how you'd like Ashe's backstory with your character but then I remembered that yours is the New Girl. Gosh, I'm so forgetful these days. But since yours is the Ellie, well... Ashe will flirt with her the first time they meet. I hope that's okay, if not well that's fine with me.

Uhm, have you seen your character? lmao. It's definitely cool. I was hoping she would, it might help Ellie learn that she's into girls. lol

Uhm, have you seen your character? lmao. It's definitely cool. I was hoping she would, it might help Ellie learn that she's into girls. lol
Hahahahaha. I just wanted you to know that the first she sees Ellie she'd be all, wink wink and charming smile and ask if she could buy her a drink or something.

Hello everyone :> Getting ready for work and catching up on all the ooc chatter. Since everyone knows each other (except for Ellie) guess I gotta figure out how my character met all yours.

Since I see that Limerick.Grimoire Limerick.Grimoire mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties and Sylvio Sylvio characters all like video games, maybe my character was invited to their local online gaming group or guild. Eventually they met up in person at the aforementioned coffee shop and met everyone else.

I'm thinking my character doesnt actually *live* in San Fran but about 45 to 60 minutes away, and travels to hang with his friends (since hes in the closet he can't do it in his city.) He's probably employed in the city so it gives him an excuse to go there all the time.

Let me know if that sounds cool or if anyone else has any ideas.

spacepanda spacepanda Sure, that's completely normal for people to commute from smaller towns into the city for work. And that would be kind of cool if he met the characters that way. I'm a gamer so I've been in quite a few gaming communities, rarely get to meet them though.

Pthenora Pthenora Are we going to start soon? Seems like we have quite a few characters now.

Yes I was thinking the same (on both your posts) so I am thinking we could start this tomorrow if that's okay with you guys?

Hello everyone :> Getting ready for work and catching up on all the ooc chatter. Since everyone knows each other (except for Ellie) guess I gotta figure out how my character met all yours.

Since I see that Limerick.Grimoire Limerick.Grimoire mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties and Sylvio Sylvio characters all like video games, maybe my character was invited to their local online gaming group or guild. Eventually they met up in person at the aforementioned coffee shop and met everyone else.

I'm thinking my character doesnt actually *live* in San Fran but about 45 to 60 minutes away, and travels to hang with his friends (since hes in the closet he can't do it in his city.) He's probably employed in the city so it gives him an excuse to go there all the time.

Let me know if that sounds cool or if anyone else has any ideas.
spacepanda spacepanda Sure, that's completely normal for people to commute from smaller towns into the city for work. And that would be kind of cool if he met the characters that way. I'm a gamer so I've been in quite a few gaming communities, rarely get to meet them though.

Pthenora Pthenora Are we going to start soon? Seems like we have quite a few characters now.
Yeah, why not. I love games too and the only ones that I get to meet when I play games are my cousins, 'cause we a fam of gamers. I've met a few who are like an hour or two drive from my home.

Yes I was thinking the same (on both your posts) so I am thinking we could start this tomorrow if that's okay with you guys?
Also, can't wait to start.

Also can't wait to start!

Annnd I know I put that little 'thoughts on others' section in Emory's sheet, but if anyone wants to discuss actual set relationships, feel free to PM or tag me and we can totes do that!

If I didnt talk relationships with anyone yet let me know and we can do that since the RP starts tomorrow and it would be nice to have things planned by then : )

Won't be home from work for another 6 hours, but I'll do a little blurb about what my character would think about all the others and we can go from there unless someone else has an idea first :>

I'm in the middle of making a bigger post to sort out relationships for Serena so keep an eye out for that, I'll make sure to tag people - otherwise, I'm hippty hopping onto The Hype Train.
<3

If it’s alright with everyone, I’m going to try and work it so that Serena has like … a relatively established relationship with the characters in the roleplay already. For a majority of the timeline, Serena would have only visited San Francisco sparingly, since her work took her just about everywhere. So I was hoping she was still part of the squad, and only recently a permanent fixture in the squad instead of like ... the distance aunt.

Pthenora Pthenora
Brook
I’ve got some ideas in mind, but honestly I think that there is a lot of potential in how Serena is somewhat of a star and Brooke is a reporter. When you say she is only recently hired as a reporter, do you mean that this is her first stint as a reporter in general? One idea I had was that Brooke is like, Serena’s favorite reporter, who covered some of her previous showings in places like Hip Hop Internationals, Hit The Floor, etc. since she was mostly out by that time anyway and one day they discover that they had Ashe as a mutual friend and they become good friends and occasional gossip traders. Either way I think Serena sees Brook ... like a puppy somewhat, mostly over how worrisome Brook may get, or impatient. Very cute.

Payton
I think this is one of the more fun relationships I can see happening. Serena and Payton are very similar in their wild and loose ways and I think the two love each other for it - in a sibling way perhaps, because neither will ever judge the other, or try and stop them from, say, randomly dancing in empty streets, or having fun in clubs. I was thinking that they perhaps met each other at a club, just having a dance off or drinking contest and then actually exchanging names the morning after at the coffee shop Payton works at. Serena would never say no to a good time, especially with someone who isn't afraid to do silly things no matter the audience. She definitely admires his fearlessness, but hates herself for being unable to help his depression - because despite being a great friend, she's never going to be emotional responsible enough to handle someone's dark demons.

Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum
Ashe
I was thinking that the girl group Serena is in would be owned by Tydel Agency, so perhaps Serena and Ashe would come to know each other from work (work parties/mixed events)? Serena isn’t exactly overly thrilled with signing on with the girl group or the agency, do you think the two would be able to bond over their mutual dislike of the company (I may be overstepping, I’m just not sure if your character harbors bitter feelings towards the father). Serena definitely likes Ashe style, especially since they both share the wild and loose vibe, but would never be able to see her as dating material - doesn't mean the two can't have innocent fun though right?

SapphireSkylines SapphireSkylines
Mia
I had a crazy idea for this. Feel free to add or reject. One thing is that Serena and Mia like shopping, so I was thinking what if one day Mia was just shopping while vlogging - and caught Serena doing some solo flash mob in the changing areas. Then the friendship just exploded from there, between shopping and fashion. This is also a bit of a stretch but do you think the two of them could be fans of each other at the beginning? Serena might be a fan and subscriber to Mia’s youtube and instagram and Mia would have just found something worth following in Serena’s instagram?

Limerick.Grimoire Limerick.Grimoire
Lorelei
I think that Serena would meet Lorelei at a coffee shop for sure, but I’m not sure if anything would have happened beyond that because Serena does fit the ‘basic girl’ image so much and is overly loud and wild. Is there a possibility that the two would have met through a mutual friend?

Soap Soap
Ellie
New girl! Winky. I wouldn’t to toot my own horn, so it’s totally up to Ellie as to whether she has heard of Serena before or not. I’m sure the RP will give us plenty of opportunity to make a ‘first meeting’ out :D

JayeTheKat JayeTheKat
Emory
Crazy idea incoming. Perhaps one summer there was a LGBT+ social event, but it took place at a beach setting. Serena isn’t a fan of sand herself, so maybe Emory and Serena would have bonded over that in a coffee shop somewhere. I also like to think that maybe the two of them act like the older siblings to Payton. Feel free to reject anything that feels off! Serena probably sees Emory as a very distant figure, she knows he isn’t someone who would enjoy her brand of fun, so she usually finds Emory once she’s exhausted, too tired to move or think, because Emory appreciates the quiet confessions and genuine emotions that she would have otherwise kept locked.

mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties
Ross
The one man Serena would turn straight for. Confirmed. I believe that Serena would tease him, not meanly, but she can definitely tell that Ross isn’t the most confident person sometimes so she takes some joy in pretending to be gobsmacked and totally in love with him. Serena would have probably met him through Mia - unless you have ideas too, I’d love to hear them.

Sylvio Sylvio
Richard
I’m having the hardest time with this. Could you tell me more about Richard aside from him being a student? Where would he frequent other than school? I know there was some discussion over games, but other than being terrible at them, I don't think Serena and Richard would have much in common other than mutual friends.

spacepanda spacepanda
Ez
I was thinking - feel free to add or reject to this idea - that the two met online and became really great friends on LGBT chats and whatnot, but ironically when they first meet it would be for a gaming convention maybe. Serena would have been there because someone invited her to be there, but when she wandered off to play some game, she would play against Ez. Whoever was facilitating the game there would take their information, and that’s when the two realized that they knew each other.

To date, I think Serena would still be the white normie girl who is annoyingly bad at games - no depth perception, can’t platform, fails at mario kart, can’t headshot with a sniper rifle on a immobile target, etc. But she would blow anyone out of the water in rhythm games. And perhaps that’s one way they bond, especially when Serena was still running around the world and Ez isn’t always in San Francisco.

Another thing I thought of was that Serena doesn’t exactly have a family after she came out, so I think Ez is going to be the only one who knows just how much she does cry or regret losing her family.

voracity voracity Yeah I could see that. Maybe Mia really liked a few clips of Serena dancing that she uploaded on instagram or she just really liked her photos, so she started following her. Then later on Mia came across Serena in the mall like you said while she was dancing. Mia enjoyed her dancing, Serena recognized Mia from her youtube channel and they've been friends ever since.

If it’s alright with everyone, I’m going to try and work it so that Serena has like … a relatively established relationship with the characters in the roleplay already. For a majority of the timeline, Serena would have only visited San Francisco sparingly, since her work took her just about everywhere. So I was hoping she was still part of the squad, and only recently a permanent fixture in the squad instead of like ... the distance aunt.

Pthenora Pthenora
Brook
I’ve got some ideas in mind, but honestly I think that there is a lot of potential in how Serena is somewhat of a star and Brooke is a reporter. When you say she is only recently hired as a reporter, do you mean that this is her first stint as a reporter in general? One idea I had was that Brooke is like, Serena’s favorite reporter, who covered some of her previous showings in places like Hip Hop Internationals, Hit The Floor, etc. since she was mostly out by that time anyway and one day they discover that they had Ashe as a mutual friend and they become good friends and occasional gossip traders. Either way I think Serena sees Brook ... like a puppy somewhat, mostly over how worrisome Brook may get, or impatient. Very cute.

Payton
I think this is one of the more fun relationships I can see happening. Serena and Payton are very similar in their wild and loose ways and I think the two love each other for it - in a sibling way perhaps, because neither will ever judge the other, or try and stop them from, say, randomly dancing in empty streets, or having fun in clubs. I was thinking that they perhaps met each other at a club, just having a dance off or drinking contest and then actually exchanging names the morning after at the coffee shop Payton works at. Serena would never say no to a good time, especially with someone who isn't afraid to do silly things no matter the audience. She definitely admires his fearlessness, but hates herself for being unable to help his depression - because despite being a great friend, she's never going to be emotional responsible enough to handle someone's dark demons.

Ashe
I was thinking that the girl group Serena is in would be owned by Tydel Agency, so perhaps Serena and Ashe would come to know each other from work (work parties/mixed events)? Serena isn’t exactly overly thrilled with signing on with the girl group or the agency, do you think the two would be able to bond over their mutual dislike of the company (I may be overstepping, I’m just not sure if your character harbors bitter feelings towards the father). Serena definitely likes Ashe style, especially since they both share the wild and loose vibe, but would never be able to see her as dating material - doesn't mean the two can't have innocent fun though right?

Mia
I had a crazy idea for this. Feel free to add or reject. One thing is that Serena and Mia like shopping, so I was thinking what if one day Mia was just shopping while vlogging - and caught Serena doing some solo flash mob in the changing areas. Then the friendship just exploded from there, between shopping and fashion. This is also a bit of a stretch but do you think the two of them could be fans of each other at the beginning? Serena might be a fan and subscriber to Mia’s youtube and instagram and Mia would have just found something worth following in Serena’s instagram?

Lorelei
I think that Serena would meet Lorelei at a coffee shop for sure, but I’m not sure if anything would have happened beyond that because Serena does fit the ‘basic girl’ image so much and is overly loud and wild. Is there a possibility that the two would have met through a mutual friend?

Soap Soap
Ellie
New girl! Winky. I wouldn’t to toot my own horn, so it’s totally up to Ellie as to whether she has heard of Serena before or not. I’m sure the RP will give us plenty of opportunity to make a ‘first meeting’ out :D

JayeTheKat JayeTheKat
Emory
Crazy idea incoming. Perhaps one summer there was a LGBT+ social event, but it took place at a beach setting. Serena isn’t a fan of sand herself, so maybe Emory and Serena would have bonded over that in a coffee shop somewhere. I also like to think that maybe the two of them act like the older siblings to Payton. Feel free to reject anything that feels off! Serena probably sees Emory as a very distant figure, she knows he isn’t someone who would enjoy her brand of fun, so she usually finds Emory once she’s exhausted, too tired to move or think, because Emory appreciates the quiet confessions and genuine emotions that she would have otherwise kept locked.

Ross
The one man Serena would turn straight for. Confirmed. I believe that Serena would tease him, not meanly, but she can definitely tell that Ross isn’t the most confident person sometimes so she takes some joy in pretending to be gobsmacked and totally in love with him. Serena would have probably met him through Mia - unless you have ideas too, I’d love to hear them.

Sylvio Sylvio
Richard
I’m having the hardest time with this. Could you tell me more about Richard aside from him being a student? Where would he frequent other than school? I know there was some discussion over games, but other than being terrible at them, I don't think Serena and Richard would have much in common other than mutual friends.

spacepanda spacepanda
Ez
I was thinking - feel free to add or reject to this idea - that the two met online and became really great friends on LGBT chats and whatnot, but ironically when they first meet it would be for a gaming convention maybe. Serena would have been there because someone invited her to be there, but when she wandered off to play some game, she would play against Ez. Whoever was facilitating the game there would take their information, and that’s when the two realized that they knew each other.

To date, I think Serena would still be the white normie girl who is annoyingly bad at games - no depth perception, can’t platform, fails at mario kart, can’t headshot with a sniper rifle on a immobile target, etc. But she would blow anyone out of the water in rhythm games. And perhaps that’s one way they bond, especially when Serena was still running around the world and Ez isn’t always in San Francisco.

Another thing I thought of was that Serena doesn’t exactly have a family after she came out, so I think Ez is going to be the only one who knows just how much she does cry or regret losing her family.
I LOVE how you went through everyone's characters like that! : ) It leaves no one out and I think your ideas for my characters were really cool so I am all for it.
Brook was writing a few articles before but got hired by the LGBT+ site after an article she made about something LGBT+ related so she isn't inexperienced, just relatively new at the current workplace (worked there for a couple months maybe three).

Pthenora Pthenora
Brook

Payton

Ashe

Mia

Lorelei

Soap Soap
Ellie

JayeTheKat JayeTheKat
Emory

Ross

Sylvio Sylvio
Richard

spacepanda spacepanda
Ez

Super excited for Ellie & her to meet! Ellie, being herself not-so in ‘touch’ with the latest happenings, She wouldn’t have heard of Serena. But when she found out she’d think it’s a great accomplishment, and excited to get to know her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back