• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Our LGBT Life OOC

Characters
Here
Other
Here
Pthenora Pthenora

Brooke - Both her and Ashe discovered Brooke through Payton. He told them that she needed a place to live and it just so happened that they had a third room they were trying to figure out what to do with. Mia thinks Brooke is a sweetheart and an amazing writer and they're pretty good friends at this point. Mia also knows that Ashe has a crush on Brooke but is for the most part keeping it from Brooke, hinting at it every now and then. She wants to see the two together, especially since she believes that they both deserve happiness.

Payton - Mia met Payton at a night club about ten months back. They both had a lot of fun and connected instantly. He will jokingly smack her ass and she'll laugh about it. They've done vlogs together - Payton has a presence on her youtube channel. Mia's even tried encouraging him to make his own Youtube channel and thinks he has the personality for it since he's so fun and playful.

Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum

Ashe - Just like you stated in your post they met in high school. They met on the cheer squad and they also met in drama club, Ashe was usually one of the starring actors and Mia played piano for many of their shows. She even tried to audition once because she was inspired by Ashe to be apart of one of the drama club productions, but she ended up getting cast as a tree, she was not as good of an actor as Ashe was. Ashe was the first person who encouraged Mia to become a model, she was also one of her first followers on Instagram and Youtube when she first made her accounts. When Ashe's parents found out she was gay and took her to the correctional facility, Mia was pissed at them. She was nothing but supportive when they took Ashe out. Mia has a complicated relationship with Ashe's father because she knows she could have a great job opportunity at Tydel Agencies, but at the same time she dislikes him because he's a homophobic asshole.

Rumor has it that Ashe's father is manipulating Mia's career in some way, shape or form for being transgender and for supporting his daughter in being a lesbian, which is why Mia has been struggling to get modeling gigs.

Limerick.Grimoire Limerick.Grimoire

Lorelei - Mia met Lorelei at a local coffee shop near her house as well as through other friends in the group. She thinks Lorelei is an adorable, innocent bean who deserves nothing but love. Mia recently just started doing music covers and has often asked Lorelei to play piano for her while she sings. She also enjoys talking about music, books and poetry with Lorelei and often asks for recommendations when it comes to music or books.

Soap Soap

Ellie - "Okay this girl is sooo gay. My gaydar is going off from a mile away. How can I help this caterpillar grow into a beautiful lesbian butterfly?"

JayeTheKat JayeTheKat

Emory - Emory is definitely a friend that Mia trusts and is usually the first person to go to besides Ashe for advice or to just vent. She considers Emory a good friend and they most likely met either through other friends or at the same local coffee shop where she met Lorelei.

voracity voracity

Serena -
Like Vlaty said Mia and her met at the mall where she was dancing in the dressing room. Mia liked her dancing and Serena recognized Mia from Youtube. They had been friends ever since, often going to the mall together or hanging out with the rest of the friend group.

mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties

Ross - Two years ago, Mia met Ross at a party that he was forced to go to by a couple of friends. The two started texting, which led to dating, which led to them eventually being in a relationship. Mia loves Ross from his cheesy jokes, to his kind nature. He's also the only person in the friend group who fully knows what she's going through as a trans person since he's going through the same thing himself. He has a huge presence on her Youtube channel, one of her more popular videos is of Ross painting Mia's nails and doing her make up. She'll often work out with him to keep up her model body, sometimes with Ashe joining them. Everything is going well with the both of them as their two year anniversary is approaching but Mia is anxious and is worried that things are too good to be true.

Sylvio Sylvio

Richard - Mia met Richard at the same night club she met Payton. He tried to pick her up but she respectfully declined him since she was dating Ross. The two remained friends and texted. Mia thinks Richard is a fun guy to go partying with but at the same time she's concerned that he'll either wind up in a ditch or end up getting an STD with all the risky behavior he partakes in.

spacepanda spacepanda

Esteban - Mia met Esteban through Ross or she met Esteban through one of her favorite LGBTQ forums. She thinks he's sweet and she really likes his accent. One time they saw a huuuge black widow and they both screamed over it. Ross had to remove the spider since both Mia and Esteban were too pussy to deal with it.

Jhade Jhade

Alexander - I can't really think of much but maybe they met through other friends? Maybe through Lorelei?

These are just suggestions! Let me know what you think.

Pthenora Pthenora

Brooke - Both her and Ashe discovered Brooke through Payton. He told them that she needed a place to live and it just so happened that they had a third room they were trying to figure out what to do with. Mia thinks Brooke is a sweetheart and an amazing writer and they're pretty good friends at this point. Mia also knows that Ashe has a crush on Brooke but is for the most part keeping it from Brooke, hinting at it every now and then. She wants to see the two together, especially since she believes that they both deserve happiness.

Payton - Mia met Payton at a night club about ten months back. They both had a lot of fun and connected instantly. He will jokingly smack her ass and she'll laugh about it. They've done vlogs together - Payton has a presence on her youtube channel. Mia's even tried encouraging him to make his own Youtube channel and thinks he has the personality for it since he's so fun and playful.

Ashe - Just like you stated in your post they met in high school. They met on the cheer squad and they also met in drama club, Ashe was usually one of the starring actors and Mia played piano for many of their shows. She even tried to audition once because she was inspired by Ashe to be apart of one of the drama club productions, but she ended up getting cast as a tree, she was not as good of an actor as Ashe was. Ashe was the first person who encouraged Mia to become a model, she was also one of her first followers on Instagram and Youtube when she first made her accounts. When Ashe's parents found out she was gay and took her to the correctional facility, Mia was pissed at them. She was nothing but supportive when they took Ashe out. Mia has a complicated relationship with Ashe's father because she knows she could have a great job opportunity at Tydel Agencies, but at the same time she dislikes him because he's a homophobic asshole.

Rumor has it that Ashe's father is manipulating Mia's career in some way, shape or form for being transgender and for supporting his daughter in being a lesbian, which is why Mia has been struggling to get modeling gigs.

Lorelei - Mia met Lorelei at a local coffee shop near her house as well as through other friends in the group. She thinks Lorelei is an adorable, innocent bean who deserves nothing but love. Mia recently just started doing music covers and has often asked Lorelei to play piano for her while she sings. She also enjoys talking about music, books and poetry with Lorelei and often asks for recommendations when it comes to music or books.

Soap Soap

Ellie - "Okay this girl is sooo gay. My gaydar is going off from a mile away. How can I help this caterpillar grow into a beautiful lesbian butterfly?"

JayeTheKat JayeTheKat

Emory - Emory is definitely a friend that Mia trusts and is usually the first person to go to besides Ashe for advice or to just vent. She considers Emory a good friend and they most likely met either through other friends or at the same local coffee shop where she met Lorelei.

voracity voracity

Serena - Like Vlaty said Mia and her met at the mall where she was dancing in the dressing room. Mia liked her dancing and Serena recognized Mia from Youtube. They had been friends ever since, often going to the mall together or hanging out with the rest of the friend group.

Ross - Two years ago, Mia met Ross at a party that he was forced to go to by a couple of friends. The two started texting, which led to dating, which led to them eventually being in a relationship. Mia loves Ross from his cheesy jokes, to his kind nature. He's also the only person in the friend group who fully knows what she's going through as a trans person since he's going through the same thing himself. He has a huge presence on her Youtube channel, one of her more popular videos is of Ross painting Mia's nails and doing her make up. She'll often work out with him to keep up her model body, sometimes with Ashe joining them. Everything is going well with the both of them as their two year anniversary is approaching but Mia is anxious and is worried that things are too good to be true.

Sylvio Sylvio

Richard - Mia met Richard at the same night club she met Payton. He tried to pick her up but she respectfully declined him since she was dating Ross. The two remained friends and texted. Mia thinks Richard is a fun guy to go partying with but at the same time she's concerned that he'll either wind up in a ditch or end up getting an STD with all the risky behavior he partakes in.

spacepanda spacepanda

Esteban - Mia met Esteban through Ross or she met Esteban through one of her favorite LGBTQ forums. She thinks he's sweet and she really likes his accent. One time they saw a huuuge black widow and they both screamed over it. Ross had to remove the spider since both Mia and Esteban were too pussy to deal with it.

Jhade Jhade

Alexander - I can't really think of much but maybe they met through other friends? Maybe through Lorelei?

These are just suggestions! Let me know what you think.
Love it! I think its a great idea for both and am all for it.

so I expanded on Richard's role and bio so hopefully that can help determine his relationship with the other's

Since so many of you listed your characters opinions and how they could have met (in such a great way I might add) I will try to do the same : )

*sorry if I forgot anyone or wasnt creative but I didnt have all that much time : ) Also if anyone doesnt like my ideas we can easily change them or add your own*

BROOKE

Mia SapphireSkylines SapphireSkylines – When she moved to San Francisco Mia and Ashe were strangers to her yet now they are close friends. She feels a bit angry at the fact that despite her beauty Mia didn’t get farther in her career as a model and is looking for a way to get her on the map (with the help of Ashe of course). Brooke would often come to her (worried) for advice on what to wear when she goes on a date or out to dance and Mia might pick clothes she knows Ashe really loves to see on Brooke to try and ‘push’ the two to the realization that Ashe likes Brooke and Brooke wouldn’t exactly say no to her either.

Ashe Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum - Like Mia she met Ashe trough Payton and she gets along with her quite well because she reminds her a bit of Payton with her playfulness and honesty. She secretly knew who Ashe was before she moved into the same apartment because she was a bit of a ‘fan’ of hers (since she is an out of the closet model). She admires how Ashe helps Mia so much and if Mia isn’t home she goes ask Ashe for advice on what to wear to go out. She is a bit surprised that the otherwise flirty girl never tried anything with her but shrugged it off. Brooke has no idea why but she seems to get annoyed whenever Ashe brings home ‘a date’.

Lorelei Limerick.Grimoire Limerick.Grimoire - I was thinking maybe they met through the others or at the coffee shop Payton works at?

Ellie Soap Soap – Well I don’t know much about how they would have met since she’s new. Maybe they are neighbors and go to the same cafe Payton works at so they would start talking that way?

Emory JayeTheKat JayeTheKat – Brooke admires how he seems to help people by listening to them and being there for them. She especially appreciates how he keeps an eye on Pay’s depressed moments since Emory seems to be the only person Pay seemed to have opened up to about his past besides her and the few small things he told some of their friends. She met him trough Payton and she also sometimes talks to him about her problems, but only sometimes.

Serena voracity voracity – Good friends and secret traders. They met when Brook covered a story and they discovered they both knew Ashe. Basically what you said : )

Ross mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties – She met Ross trough Mia and thinks the couple is really cute together. She secretly wishes she would also find someone to share such a pure love with. She often tries to stop Pay from teasing Ross and I think since Mia and Brooke get along really well she would also get along with Ross.

Richard Sylvio Sylvio – Hmmm I really don’t know how they would have met, the coffee shop Payton works at seems to be the place to meet if there is no other connection since she’s lesbian and not the type of person to have hired him. Unless she would have made a story on the site he works for? Idk.

Ez spacepanda spacepanda – Sorry I really don't know how their relationship would be but they could have met either trough Payton or in the cafe? They could be friends after going out to party with Pay one day?

PAYTON

Mia SapphireSkylines SapphireSkylines – Pay loves Mia’s strength as a trans woman and loves her personality ever since they met at the club. He likes her Youtube channel, Pay likes it when he gets to join her and they sometimes ‘goof off’ on camera while she does his makeover. He would often come to her before going out so she would do his make up (since he tends to crossdress when going to parties). He would then go around bragging that she’s the one who did it and half-jokingly say “you should totally be jealous” to them before winking playfully and leaving to dance on the dance floor.

Ashe Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum - Payton and Ashe would get along very well and often go to parties together, he would drag her to the dance floor and they would have fun goofing off when drunk. He spotted her crush on Brooke and would often chuckle when he would glimpse her looking at Brooke but would otherwise keep quiet about it. When she’s down and Pay noticed it he would often come up with a way to distract her like go shopping, go for drinks or just start rambling about one topic or another.

Lorelei Limerick.Grimoire Limerick.Grimoire – I was thinking maybe they met through the others or at the coffee shop he works at?

Ellie Soap Soap - Well I don’t know much about how they would have met since she’s new. Maybe they would meet at the cafe Payton works at so they would start talking that way, or through someone else?

Emory JayeTheKat JayeTheKat – Payton met Emory when Pay snuck into the park to be alone because he was depressed and didn't want anyone to see him that way. In a rare moment ‘of weakness’ he opened up a bit about his past and the two talked. After that they ran into each other at the coffee shop Pay works at and they soon became friends. Payton appreciated how Emory kept his promise of not telling anyone about how they met and despite having told Emory about his past he still tries to deal with his depressed moments alone.

Serena voracity voracity – I totally agree with your suggestion of them being close and sibling-like because of not being judged by each other and having some similarities.

Ross mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties – He met Ross trough Mia and often says if they break up they would be stupid because the couple is just the cutest ever. Payton often watches the Youtube channel Mia and Ross are on and is secretly a total fan of the two. Payton often teases Ross by asking if he is romancing Mia properly.

Richard Sylvio Sylvio – Since he seemed to have frequented at some of the cafe’s and restaurants I think the two could have easily met there. Well or in a club while partying. I think they might get along. Maybe Pay’s occasional clumsiness could have gotten Richard covered in warm coffee because he was excited to tell Brooke something he just found out after work?

Ez spacepanda spacepanda – They met at a club (when Payton was goofing off at the bar maybe?) and they became quick friends. Payton is a bit concerned that Ez would be outed by someone but if it were to happen someday Pay totally plans to help him and bitch at anyone who dares say something bad about the guy.

Last edited:
Pthenora Pthenora

Brooke - She enjoys spending time with Brooke when she isn't doing her own thing, she secretly admires Brooke's curiosity and wishes to become more outgoing like her. she met Brooke at a local coffee shop one day, while Lorelei was of course, quenching her caffeine addiction. she enjoys talking book and science with her, as well as hearing her stories, she sometimes uses them as inspiration for her poems.

Payton - while not her favorite person in the group, Lorelei and Pay' have a sort of mutual respect, and though she wont admit it, she actually admires Paytons bravery and how open he is. the two met at the coffee shop that payton works at where she attends regularly

Ashe -
while Ashe annoys the living hell out of her, Lorelei absolutely adores her and is probably the most huggable smol bean around Ashe, the two met while in the park, they hit it off instantly and have remained pretty close.

Soap Soap

Ellie - "Okay this girl is sooo gay. My gaydar is going off from a mile away. How can I help this caterpillar grow into a beautiful lesbian butterfly?" need I say more?

JayeTheKat JayeTheKat

Emory - Emory is like that huggable big brother to her, she often teases him and the two often joke around though she knows that she can come to him for anything and she highly respects him, in fact he is one of the few that can keep this emo bean in check!

voracity voracity

Serena - Lorelei doesn't really know Serena well though she admires her confidance like the other trans people in the group, this being because she herself in non-binary! while the two aren't close she does want to get to know Serena better.

Ross - while he can be a little optimistic for her liking, and often is to naïve (much to her irritation) she adores him like everyone else, though to be honest his happy-go-lucky nature somewhat reminds her of a puppy, not in a bad way though, the two met at a local gym though didn't talk much though she sometimes comes to him for workout advice.

Sylvio Sylvio

Richard - Lorelei met Richard at the same shop she met Payton. he is actually the only one who has seen the 'party' aspect of her personaliy. after they had met the two remained friends and texted. Lorelei thinks Richard is a fun guy to go partying with but at the same time she's concerned that he'll either wind up in a ditch or end up getting an STD with all the risky behavior he partakes in.

spacepanda spacepanda

Esteban - Lorelei absolutely adores Ez, he is adorable to her, she is the most huggable little bean ever when the two hang out one on one, she admires his honest and loyal nature and often geeks out with him and makes an attempt to beat him in videogames

Jhade Jhade

Alexander - I can't really think of much but maybe they met through other friends? Maybe through one of the others?

Mia- "this bean is mine! I claim it! It deserves love and affectionnnnn~" need I say much more?

These are just suggestions! Let me know what you think

Sylvio Sylvio I know how now both Richard and Ashe would have met(this is just a suggestion tho). They were both at the bar, they don't know each other yet and are on the two opposite sides of it, and somehow they had set their eyes on the same target for the night. The two went in for the go at the same time. This made the two fight for whoever she was going home with but then the boyfriend comes around and tells the both of them to back off. After that they looked at each other and laughed. After that, they became friends. They hit it off and would sometimes see who was the better flirt. Ashe adores how caring he could be and is worried that one day he might pick up the wrong person and be heartbroken in a way that could scar him forever like she has.

Jhade Jhade There's too little information for this one. Sorry. Maybe you got a suggestion?

Okay, time for Emory's list XD

Pthenora Pthenora
Brooke - Em met Brooke through Payton actually. He enjoys the times when Brooke does share her problems with him, but doesn't pry. While he wasn't so sure about the idea of a reporter/writer when Pay first told him about her, Brooke has since grown on Emory and he's come to enjoy her company. He understands that they both care for Payton greatly.

Payton- Em met Payton when Pay snuck into the park to be alone because he was depressed. When Payton opened up a bit about his past, Emory listened. After that they ran into each other at the coffee shop Pay works at and they soon became friends. Emory is still ever watching for signs of depression in Pay, and always ready to lend and ear or a form of distraction when needed. He cares, platonically, for Payton as much as he would any good friend.

Ashe- Ashe and Emory are pretty good friends. He tends to keep her grounded when she's being way too much. Other than Mia, Emory is the only other person whom Ashe has shared some of her darkest memories with. Ashe also made the mistake of gifting him with a cute baby Betta fish, to which Emory immediately forgave her. He still asks about how the fish is doing from time to time too.

Lorelei- Emory is officially adopting Lorelei as his unofficial adorable little emo sibling. Nuff said. He loves his cuddly little emo bean, even though she teases him. They are comfortable enough with each other to joke around, and Lorelei has a completely open door should she need him. also, I could def, like you said in pm, see Emory trying to hug Lorelei and her puffing her cheeks and whining then him making it up to her with coffee. XD <3

Soap Soap
Elouise- Poor Ellie. ;-; I can't think of anything for a relationship for them to start, but maybe they can meet through the charity ball somehow. Emory would probably be into helping with that...

voracity voracity
Serena- One summer there was a LGBT+ social event at a beach. Emory and Serena bonded in a coffee shop over dislikes of sand/aquatics in a coffee shop somewhere. Both act like the older siblings to Payton. Emory sees Serena as a very cool person, with way more outgoing-ness than him. He's thankful that she can be involved with Payton when they're out clubbing. He loves when she comes to him to talk and the genuine honesty she shows him when they do. He loves helping her out just as much as he likes to hang out with her.

Ross- I'm working on it I promise XD Will update soon.

Sylvio Sylvio
Richard- I'm working on it I promise. I'll updtate with idea soon

spacepanda spacepanda
Esteban- Emory and Ez met through Lorelei, their mutual little sibling. Emory enjoys Ez's sense of loyalty and forgiveness, and admires the way that Ez refuses to be used by others. Mori sees a strong soul in Ez and wishes the lad could see it himself. Em is always the for Ez to lend a listening ear when needed, or even just to hang out for a day. Ez is one of few people who could ever convince Emory to play video games outside of Lorelei. Granted, Em still wouldn't be great at it.

SapphireSkylines SapphireSkylines
Mia- Emory and Mia are pretty good friends. Emory enjoys spending time with her. The two met through mutual friends, either Payton or Lorelei. (You pretty much summed it up in yours, and I can't think of anything to add)

*Fun ooc side note, my irl little sister's name is actually Mia. I call her mei-mei all the time, she hated it at first but now its become my nickname for her.

I was thinking on some things to help narrow things down, which is actually really hard to do? lol. So i was thinking, Ellie moved into an apartment building, whoever lives there could be neighbors. She would’ve been going place to place, putting up flyers for the charity ball ‘hiring movers, waiters,’ etc. So maybe when we start Ellie would be in the cafe handing out flyers. Just an idea, will keep thinking on things though.

I didn’t make a relationship list yet. i had no idea what to put down. Hopefully with some brainstorming i could figure it out. :)

I think the coffee shop thing is more likely, since the group tends to go there. But it can also be in a club, with Ellie unwinding after a whole day of handing out flyers and/or talking with possible staff for the event (just a suggestion). OOOOHHH and idea popped into my head and goes -- the Tydels could be known to do some charity work and would be invited because they're big in funding charities (which is only for publicity of course).

Hey so I originally felt bad about doing this before because both of the RPs I'm in were both in the recruitment stages but since Our LGBT Life has a good group now and is good to start anytime I think I'll go ahead and post this.

If anyone is looking for a second RP to be apart of, my other RP group "The Day the World Died" is currently looking for people. It takes place in the 1800s and it's about the English king having a ball with the courts of neighboring countries of Spain, France, Russia, and Germany. The king invites the royal families and nobility to this ball to promote peace and prosperity but ends up getting poisoned later on in the night. No one knows who the killer is and people are panicking as more people begin to drop like flies. The GM is especially looking for someone to play the Spanish king, but there's plenty of open roles to choose from. If you're interested, the interest check is here.

I don't want to take anyone away from Our LGBT Life, I just want to help my other GM and if there's people in this group who want to join another RP alongside Our LGBT Life, that this could be an option.

Hey so I originally felt bad about doing this before because both of the RPs I'm in were both in the recruitment stages but since Our LGBT Life has a good group now and is good to start anytime I think I'll go ahead and post this.

If anyone is looking for a second RP to be apart of, my other RP group "The Day the World Died" is currently looking for people. It takes place in the 1800s and it's about the English king having a ball with the courts of neighboring countries of Spain, France, Russia, and Germany. The king invites the royal families and nobility to this ball to promote peace and prosperity but ends up getting poisoned later on in the night. No one knows who the killer is and people are panicking as more people begin to drop like flies. The GM is especially looking for someone to play the Spanish king, but there's plenty of open roles to choose from. If you're interested, the interest check is here.

I don't want to take anyone away from Our LGBT Life, I just want to help my other GM and if there's people in this group who want to join another RP alongside Our LGBT Life, that this could be an option.
I'll check it out in a couple of hours :> Is it historically accurate otherwise?

I'll check it out in a couple of hours :> Is it historically accurate otherwise?

That's a good question. I think the GM is very chill and lenient when it comes to being historically accurate but I still did my research on the different countries and their history and culture around that time period. So I think it's good to be as accurate as you can be but at the same time it doesn't have to be perfect.

hm, I may give it a look, though I don't think Ill be very interested since im not one for historical roleplays

Users who are viewing this thread

Back