• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Orias- IC Zone

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Shame
She was surprised by how short Mask had been, but she supposed Mask could assess people rather well.

"Head in," She said with a movement if the chin, Mask hadn't lingered around the door long enough to say it herself.

Mask
She moved to lean against the desk once more, waiting.

Sear
"Congrats," She gave one of her smirks to Scelus.

Mask
She stood from where she sat against the desk, falling into her comfort zone, which was being completely still as she observed him.

When she finally spoke, "Tell me why." Better than just saying 'why' like she had to Gloxinia.

His eyes didn't faze her in the slightest, though they did remind her of the red orbs they passed for eyes that the LoD had in his shadow form. Which was the LoD's preferred form, better to intimidate with as she would figure.

Last edited:
William stood up in his chair and thought about the question for a moment. It’s not that the question stumped him he knew exactly why he was there and why he wanted to put down the Lord Of Darkness but it was the way in which the stranger masked figure asked it “Tell me why” William threw it around in his head for a moment more before lifting his head and clearing his throat “Well, out of all of my years after the bombs and before the bombs I have always known nothing but someone with leverage over others taking advantage of those that cannot fend for themselves and oppressing them. It was woven to the land I once lived in before. Taking down tyrants and spreading freedom was our foundation. I have always believed in these ideals and even when the people of the times before were now having their greatest right of them all, their life being taken from them by tyrants. I rose up to fight those tyrants. I failed my people. The bombs fell and just like that my people...gone. I can’t have that again. I won’t. I’m prepared to fight despite my valnerablility. I’m prepared to give my all to destroy a tyrant even if I scarfice everything I have left to protect freedom.” William say back realsing a sigh before saying “Besides, could be fun”

Last edited:
Mask
Her mask was pressed to her face so hard that she couldn't snarl even if it was in her character, she could just speak with the limited space, but at 'fun' she was tempted to try. Though of course, she didn't even make an overt sound about it.

"I appreciate your passion," She paused to let the words hang for a moment.

"The Lord needs to be taken down, but you should understand what your signing on to." Her eyes flickered as she scanned his soul, "You were made immune the same way we are, against age and disease, you can still be killed. And he,"

She paused, "He brings out the terrors of your past to haunt you once more, either by his own claws or throwing you into Shame's box. Do not make the mistake that we will save you at the cost of our mission, if you are caught before the time arrives you are better off dead."

"Do you understand?"

“Understood ma’am. I’d rather die trying in shames box then sitting around doing nothing!”
William stood up saluting In the ways of old

Mask
She nodded her head almost imperceptibly, she made her ways to the door, "Welcome to the Rebellion, don't disappoint me."

She would avoid his entering into a torture situation as best she could, she wasn't confident he could keep his mouth shut under the pressure. But her eyes were blank, not belying her thoughts in the slightest.

She could only imagine how confused Shame and Mask were from how short her analyses were, probably expecting her to actually have some kind of test.

But there was no test that could prepare them for what they will face, only bald words.

-One week later-​
Scelus

It was just past noon on the IC zone, the middle of a hot and humid day, just like any other for most. But not for a certain chiropteran who made his way through the town, fluttering his scaled wings in excitement. It was the first time he'd been requested since he had joined the Rebellion, even if all that he knew so far was that he was a bout to meet Drayko, another mortal with a personality problem. He wished that William would be there too, but seemed that he had already been requested somewhere else, so as far as he'd new, he was on his own on this one.
Scelus stood before the door for a moment. Usually, when he came across an unscrupulous killer, his merciless side took over and made short work of the person in question; he only hoped to be able to control himself this time. For the sake of his future in the Rebellion. Scelus reached for and entered the bar once again, looking around for a familiar face to greet.

Arcanimus Arcanimus

Gloxinia
Gloxinia's pitch black eyes flitted towards the door upon hearing it's telltale creak, and landed on a certain blue-haired chiropteran. Her gaze lingered a few seconds longer, before turning back towards the unsent letter she held in her hands. A sigh escaped her lips, before folding it and slipping it back into her pocket. She didn't understand why she couldn't just set the yellowed epistle ablaze, as she had done to her past all those years ago. Perhaps it was simply a glimmer of her sentimentality shining through that held her back from going through with the act, an inkling of tenderness that wanted to reach out to the man she once knew even though she was centuries too late to do so.

Perhaps she'll never truly know until the two of them meet again, only this time, as enemies.

CapRock CapRock

Drayko/Cole
(Note: *immortal)
He leaned against the back wall, surveying every being with orange fire like eyes. Mortals tended to be unnerved, given that they immediately marked him as different.

He noticed the chiropteran enter, he was surprised he actually agreed to meet with him. I guess the possibility there was someone out there similar to him drawer him in, though he could already see they weren't quiet the same.

He pushed himself off the wall and made strides towards the male, growing up in the Barren Realms as one of the Elemental wolf packs gave him an animalistic gate. His shaggy black hair hung around his eyes as he came to a stop in front of the chiropteran.

He cocked his head to the side, the gesture the same as when a dog angled it's ears.

"Are you Scelus?"

He wasn't growling, but beings tended to comment that it was hard to distinguish when he wasn't.

Scelus

Scelus didn't recognize any faces as he entered the bar, but he did find a couple of new ones who seemed interested in his presence there; he noticed a short but frightening red-haired girl who quickly shifted her attention back to some mysterious piece of paper and the being who he could only assume to be Drayko. Though he had dog-like features and a fearsome glow in his eyes, Scelus himself couldn't in him much of the inhumanity that Mask had informed him about.
If that's the case, you just need to force his rotten side out.
"Y-yes, that's me." Scelus said, naively extending his hand for a handshake. "Should we sit? I have a few questions to ask you, if you don't mind."

Arcanimus Arcanimus Ineptitude Ineptitude

Drayko/Cole

"Of course, though I prefer the tables." He lead the way to one of the corner tables and picked the chair where his back was to the wall and the room was entirely visible to him.

He hated having his back exposed for a long period of time, walking wasn't bad, but if he was going to sit somewhere for a long period it was.

There were always a mix of beings, so he didn't really pay as much mind to the female at the bar as Scelus.

He didn't walk very fast, to give room for Scelus to object to the destination he wanted.

Scelus

Scelus followed Drayko into the table and took the opposite seat as his; they ended up near the red-headed girl who glanced at him when he entered. He sat at the opposite end and called the waiter, asking for a glass of water. He avoided eye contact with the being on his table for a few moments, building up courage, then asked:
"So, Drayko, right? Can I call you Drayko? Mask mentioned you in my interview and I must say I got interested." That last part wasn't exactly true, but he couldn't think of a better way to start the conversation. "I've heard you had a... Unique approach to your feelings and I'd like to hear about it, if you don't mind me asking."

Drayko/Cole
"I go by Cole now, Drayko is my former name. Mask refuses to call me differently, apparently she doesn't believe I deserve it."

His gaze flickered over the room before returning back to Scelus, "As for my feelings...what she was getting at was my time as the Protector of Knowledge, my title in a group referenced as the Symbols. I was absorbed with duty rather than emotion."

He didn't make any outward signs to signify what was going on in his head, "I thought my duty was to protect the Symbol of Knowledge, a female named Silvia."

"Now, I know I wasn't protecting at all. What I was doing was corrosive on myself, displayed by the fact I'm now working with the enemy." He gestured with one hand the room.

"I can't see your soul as well as the others, I was turned too recently. But I can tell we aren't as similar as Mask would like to believe. She believes that because I could develope a persona and live in it my entire life...that we're similar."

He cracked a smile, "Drayko is gone, a shadow of my past. Mortals call me psychopathic, because I not only pretended, I developed relationships as Drayko. Drayko was a protector, "

He lit a flame to flicker on his finger, "Cole is more of a destroyer."

He let the flame die in his finger before clasping his hands, "I'm sorry Mask got you excited, but I don't really care about disappointing much anymore anyways."

Scelus

"Don't worry about it." Scelus replied. "She did, in fact, say you wouldn't be of much use to me, but I wanted to try anyway."
For Scelus, the man in front of him had clearly lost the battle to his darker side and let it took over; if that happened to Scelus himself, he'd probably see his past affiliations as vain and pointless as well.
Go on, poke him around a bit. I'm liking him so far.
"But even though we are so different on a fundamental level, I beg to disagree about you being disappointing to me. Listening to you speak feels to me like talking to a mirror. I too can think that I'm just pretending to relate to others and that my true nature is to destroy from time to time. And that's why I don't believe you when you said that everything you've said and done before becoming Cole was a lie."

Arcanimus Arcanimus Ineptitude Ineptitude

Drayko/Cole
He gave a dark chuckle, "Sure, pretending to reciprocate emotions such as love..isn't a lie to you? Drayko's existence was a lie, became one when my mentor told me my job. Protect Sylvia, let her love you, then die. Dying, meaning not in old peaceful bliss, but in battle against the LoD. Those were my duties as Drayko."

"My mentor informed me young, because I was to be the next bearer of the future as he was."

At some point Cole must have signaled to the waitress, as she set down a tall glass filled with a clear liquid. Pure Tears.

"Believe me, Cole is the only me that has ever been true to what I feel. Drayko thought his fire was only good when aiding Sylvia, I know better."

"Drayko was the Protector of Knowledge, born to the pack of Swirling Flames. Cole is merely the LoD's play thing to throw into the black box when he feels bored."

Scelus

So that.... Is how I'd look without you?
Scelus wouldn't know the answer, but he was disturbingly inclined to agree. He should have expected that those in contact with the LoD would have lost a great deal of themselves along the way. What's more, those like Cole probably hadn't even done anything to incite his anger, while Scelus was going to.
"Yes, I do still find truth in reciprocating emotions. I suppose I haven't been through as much as you did to reach this point. I hope I never will." He took a long sip of his water as it arrived alongside the Pure Tears. "Nevertheless, I hope we can get along well; I have a feeling you'll like how I am when I get too excited."
I sure won't like him back.

Drayko/Cole

"Maybe, but I doubt it..I'm pretty young actually, all of the Symbols are."

"And to ease any suspicions, yes I know you've joined the Rebellion, and yes I am also apart of it. Since the Symbols were also fighting him, it's not a hard switch for me. Mentally," He tapped at his head in an almost playful manner, "I may not be right, but I still believe the LoD shouldn't be in control."

"When I said play thing...his official goal is to get me to spill the whereabouts of the Symbols, what their plan is and whatnot. It's not hard to withhold information that's nonexistent, the Symbols are a group of adolescents on a foolish journey, no plan."

"I hope we get along as well, I don't have many friends."

He took a large chug out of the glass, he set it down and let it burn down his throat. He noticed beings start to eye him again, last time he was here Sear had burned the top of his hand. It was about two weeks ago, but from the looks of the beings in the bar they didn't see it that way.

Last edited:
Scelus

Scelus looked at Cole with relief welled up in his; up so far in the conversation, he was tiptoeing around the Rebellion topic, especially since he had but his word as evidence that the being in front of him was, in fact, the one that Mask suggested he'd encounter. No care was too great when it came to turnee moles.
"I may have been accepted, but I don't dare to call myself a part of the Rebellion until I have done a contribution to earn such title." Scelus explained. He glanced around and started to notice the displeased looks headed towards their table. "Well, if you want to get along too, why don't you explain why people seem to dislike you more than me? I mean, when I first showed up here, I was smeared in blood and they didn't seem as bothered."

Cole/Drayko

He sighed, "Well, all the beings in this bar don't really judge about the blood and gore of a person. The only beings that are usually universally hated when they walk in are the Aves from Clera."

He took another drink from his glass, "They don't like me, not because of my past or what I looked like when I walked in, and believe me; I was a mess, having just got out of my first torture session and rather shaken."

"What they care about is that Sear has publically burned me here, and they all respect her."

He lifted his right hand to display the redish scar, immortals were protected from diseases and age, wounds still could kill and therefore scars can still be left.

"I pissed her off big time by defying her order to lay low, instead because I was in a certain kind of mood, I brought a mortal in and almost compromised us."

He took a sip from his glass, "That, combined with my newness to the scene...leaves plenty to dislike me. Gods, even before she burned me they were itching to hate me because of my species, since a whole lot of them are SE's."

Scelus

Scelus stared at the burn mark in interest. He couldn't help but wonder where exactly laid the line between getting branded by the fiery officer of the Rebellion like Cole and simply sparking her interest like he did last week. Partly out of curiosity, partly wanting to stray in a bit closer to it to see what would happen then.
"I'm sure they'll warm up to you eventually." Scelus added, finishing his water. "I mean, we all get into that certain kind of mood sooner or later, don't we? It's nothing that a little caution moving forward won't solve."
Stop licking this bastard's boots, it's humiliating.
Scelus ignored the thought and took a look around; it was interesting for him to guess who amongst those there were part of the rebellion, who would give them up to the LoD at the slightest pressure and who would promptly join them; if he'd bet his money on anyone there to be of interest, it would be the red-haired girl who noticed him getting in. He then shifted his attention back to Cole and asked:

"So, Cole, you're in this for longer than I am, so you might help me with this... What do you do between assignments? I'm not one to stick too long on a place, you see, so I could use some advice on that."

Arcanimus Arcanimus

Cole/Drayko
"Well..for me it's more like between stints in the box because the LoD is rather persistent, but I haven't really gotten around much. I tend to just challenge a mortal to a drinking challenge since immortals have a natural high immunity to it, it's kinda funny to watch them try I guess. But, I'd presume since you're drinking a water that wouldn't be your style."

He paused trying to think, "Ya..I never really did anything for fun before being Cole. Now, when I'm not here or in the box, I go to the forest for a bit and train."

He sighed, "I'm not very much use in that department, sorry."

His posture immediately stiffened slightly as he saw Sear 'pop' in, he was never exposed to teleporting between Realms before recently, so seeing it always kinda unnerves him. But, those in the bar didn't really shift much at all, not many even batted an eye. Though it was more her presence than the teleporting that made him stiffen.

He never really knew what to expect from her, he couldn't read her moods for the life of him.

Sear
Seeing Gloxinia upon arrival, she made her way over and sat at the stool beside her's, she didn't immediately talk to her.

Instead, she ordered her favorite drink, a Screeching Angel.

Gloxinia
Gloxinia blinked up at Sear, tilting her head to the side as she regarded the younger woman. Offering the other a nod of acknowledgement, she twisted her mouth into a hesitant smile. In his most recent letter to her, Harlequin has been insistent that she put in more effort into socializing, and well, she had never been able to deny her brother what he wanted. Not for long, at least. Her lips twitched, unused to performing such a friendly gesture.

Arcanimus Arcanimus

Scelus

"I do drink on occasion, actually, but since last time I've set on not drinking at this bar, specifically. Like I said, a little care goes a long way here, I believe." He was a bit disappointed and mostly very worried to hear about what Cole did in his down time, but he said nothing of it.
When Sear popped in out of nowhere, Scelus was startled, but not surprised; he knew better than to show weakness near immortals. He watched with interest as she sat beside the redhead, confirming his suspicion.
"She's with us too, isn't she?" He whispered to Cole. "That girl by Sear's side. I wonder if it's just coincidence that Sear has all three of us rounded up here." He said with a hint of sarcasm.

Sear
She returned the smile with a bright one of her own, "Hey,"

She took some sips from her drink, she hadn't been around the bar for awhile due to the LoD inconveniencing her for awhile. He didn't know about the Rebellion, she was sure of that, but he hated her snarky attitude and felt the need to dredge up her past in a more physical form. To quell that attitude.

Cole/Drayko

"Honestly? It could be. I can't really read Sear well, but from what I've found she's the type to just roll with it. She doesn't really have master schemes of her own really, she's an upfront gall."

"Mask is the schemer out of the three if them, if Mask tells you to be somewhere it's definetly for more than one reason. I'm not saying Sear's not smart, she definetly is to be able to run her chain of bars across Orias, and do most of the heavy lifting of the Rebellion."

He couldn't read her moods, but her body language was another matter. She moved today with the strange lightness of removed chains, it made it feel like a rock was settling in his gut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back