• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Orias- IC Zone

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Gloxinia
Had Gloxinia blinked, she would have missed it, but just then, for the briefest moment, the other's soul flickered with discordance. Her head tilted to the side, pondering over what could have caused such a reaction. She could easily read the other's soul if she wished for it, but she immediately perished the thought the moment it had formed. She had some semblance of decorum to uphold, after all, and if the other wished for her to listen, she would do so unhesitatingly. Right now, however, while they barely knew each other, she would keep her distance.

Arcanimus Arcanimus

Scelus

"And how are we to know if this isn't Mask's device, then?" He jokingly asked while going through the rim of his glass with his thumb. If Cole was any reference, it seemed that he'd learn exactly who did what in this Rebellion much earlier than he'd thought. "At any rate, if you're right, then I have nothing but respect for Sear. In times as dangerous as these, being honest about yourself and your intentions to others is a treasured rarity." His eyebrows twitched for a moment as an idea crossed through his mind. "Do you know why she opened up these bars in the first place? It's a great thing that she did, but for someone who's already neck-deep in responsibilities, it seems almost... Counter-productive to get one more chore like that, don't you think?"

Cole
He shrugged, "Orders I think, the LoD doesn't just want the Barren Realms for himself, he wants the Mortal Realm as well."

"Sears pretty defensive about her past regarding any specifics, but apparently the LoD turned her as a mortal because of her potential or something. I'm thinking he picked a mortal to help him take over the Mortal Realm kinda thing, and Sears best tactic was the bars."

"She likes social networking, and now with bars all over the planet...she has a pretty current news web. Her only dark spot is Clera, she refuses to touch it under any circumstance. Don't really blame her."

Sear
"Sorry it's been boring so far, I've been...caught up in some buisness."

She took a sip from her drink, a pretty big one.

Gloxinia
"No, it's perfectly fine." Gloxinia shook her head, voice akin to a whisper in the breeze. With an expression carved into stone, it was nigh impossible to accurately predict what she could be thinking. "I rather like the quiet." Underneath the stone table, her slim fingers clenched around the cloth of her cloak, tightening her grip to the point where her knuckles turned white.

Arcanimus Arcanimus

Sear
"Oh, would you rather I leave you alone then? I'm not really speaking with intentions of business so.." She shrugged.

Her gaze moved to the drink that she swirled by rotating it on the rim of the bottom. Not hugely, but enough to occupy her hand with movement.

Scelus

"A net of information, huh?" Scelus replied while glancing occasionally at Sear's conversation. "Which also happens to work a lot in our favor, since it cuts out his source of information and gives us our own, killing two birds in one stone. And to think when I came through that door last week I thought this was just a bar."
The name Clera brought up many memories in Scelus' mind; his stay there was short, but rather bloody. The amount of violence and oppression there made his violent side significantly stronger and he nearly lost himself there. Thankfully, no one who heard or seen the scythe in action lived to tell the story, so he wasn't in any watch list there.
"I can understand why stay away from Clera." Scelus said. "It seems like neither side there is capable of hosting a reasonable reign there. That's why we Chiropterans are the best." Scelus added playfully. In truth, he knew that one or two Chirpoteran clans were hardly any better than those they were talking about, including his own, but he felt as if it was too good of a chance to pass.

Arcanimus Arcanimus

Cole/Drayko
"I find in politics, no one is the best." Cole had sat next to a Princess for too much of his life to care for politics in any compacity. You'd think packs would be simpler, but given they have an equal mental state in either form...the only difference between the politics in the realms were the species.

"Curious, do you think your wings come from bats or dragons?" It was something that he'd always wanted to ask a Chiropteran since he knew the Mani had shifted to be dragons to influence the Chiropteran beliefs, but it's not like the Mani were the only dragons to have ever roamed. They had gotten the idea from somewhere, some think there are dragons hiding out in the Barren Realms since there are several plains; hence the "Realms" rather than "Realm". The theory is that different animal species dominate different plains, since in the one Cole had known as Drayko was governed entirely by wolves.

But, he'd never explored any other plains. He only knew the plain he was born and raised and the Mortal Realm now, his species didn't have the ability to teleport as a norm; that was a gift that the Elementals were left without.

Mask
Sear had been "out of commission" meaning she had to endure some time with the LoD, so Mask took it upon herself to write the new recruits their missions. Write because she wanted to get in and out as quickly as possible, and not have to speak to them.

As a kinda executive decision, she wasn't really given the opportunity to converse with Sear or Shame about it, she paired the recruits up with Elites Mask at least trusted to not turn on the Rebellion.

She 'popped' into the bar with two envelopes in hand, scanning the bar she spotted Sear with Gloxinia first. Figures Sear would come to the bar before anywhere else, and start chatting up whoever would listen.

Mask strode over to Gloxinia, the recruit Mask actually favored out them, and kinda tossed the envelope in front of her. Not with any care or lack of care that would express an emotion but more of a 'plop'.

When opened it would read:

[ Dear Gloxinia,

I have paired you with Sobus, 6th Elite to the Dark Army and an individual I trust to the extent only of not betraying us.

Your first mission will be to visit Atrana, who are ruled by the Praxis Clan of Lammergeier.

There is a town by name of Gerdar that you will visit and convert to our side, they're residents are mostly halfbreeds of Avians and SE's as well as some other species. They have been outcasted socially for their blood, and you know that the SE of the soul always dominates in energy consumption. I believe they will be valuable assets.

Use your compassion and good luck,
Mask]

Next, she strode to where Scelus and Drayko sat, (she ignored any kind of reply from Gloxinia) and did the same with an envelope for Scelus. She did not give one to Drayko, instead gave him one of her looks that would have seemed sad if it had been on any other face.

When opened it would read:

[Dear Scelus,

I have paired you with Sunagi, 10th Elite of the Dark Army. I warn to not underestimate him, too many have.

Your first mission is to Pruecia, who are ruled by the Gelu Clan of Pusillus.

You will visit Kerai, a town surrounded by the forest Merd, Sunagi will know the way.

Your job is to not only convert the residents, who are Chiropteran; but also the pack of Shade, more so them in fact.
Shade is a pack made up of a diverse group of beings and of whom their leader already has a grudge against the LoD, and I believe Sunagi has past connections with.
The residents though mortal predominantly, I believe would be open to supporting us because of their friendship with the beings in Shade. The pack protects the town from any attackers and in turn the town protects them from persecution by giving amnesty to the pack.

Good luck,
Mask]

After the envelopes have been delivered, Mask "pops" out again without waiting for any kind of reply from the recruits.

-

CapRock CapRock
Ineptitude Ineptitude

Scelus

"I hope you don't mind me taking the easy way out," Scelus told Cole. "But I don't think we have enough evidence to prove either. I like to believe we came from bats because I like them more. Bats are such exquisite creatures, the only mammals to sport wings... Other than us. Can't be a coincidence, you know?" Just as Scelus finished his sentence, he noticed Mask's presence and saw the envelope hit the table before him. "Nice to see..." Before he could finish, however, Mask was already gone.
Finally! I hope we have to kill someone.
Scelus opened the envelope and read it carefully. He was excited with the prospect of being assigned something and even more to see it seemed to be a nice and peaceful diplomatic mission. All he had to do was not underestimate Sunagi, apparently. He probably could manage that.

Gloxinia
Gloxinia was just about to reply when Mask decided to unceremoniously drop an envelope onto her lap before walking away without a word. Blinking down at the letter, she slowly took it into her delicate grasp and, upon opening it, began reading its contents. She tilted her head to the side. Sobus was to be her partner for this mission, it seemed. Going by the wording of the letter, she was going to have to exercise some level of caution around the elite for having inspired so little trust in Mask.

Arcanimus Arcanimus

Cole/Drayko
"Yeah, I agree with the bat theory more myself, but I was always kinda curious to ask a Chiropteran themselves. Though, I know where your from tends to play a major part in which one is believed to be true."

Catching Masks look, his own eyes mirrored the sad look, he knew why he wasn't getting any mission. It was too risky to send him anywhere while the LoD still wanted him close by. It would cause many complications.

"Mission?" He asked Scelus after Mask had disappeared once again.

Sear
"Guess Mask took matters into her own hands, that's good."

Sear was trusted by Mask and Shame to not break ever, but it was still better in her own opinion to not risk everything.

"I'm guessing that's a mission notice, I don't need or want to know the specifics." She was fine putting her own life on the line all she wanted, but her time with the LoD reminded her why Mask was so reluctant to bring others in. But Sear didn't regret bringing more in, they needed them for it to work.

"Though I can guess she didn't put any time for anything she told you," Sear chuckled, "I'd start tomorrow, rested and ready."

Scelus

"It appears so." Scelus spoke carefully, having watched the short exchange between Mask and Cole he figured Cole would like to be going with him, if not in his place, but couldn't. He also realized that the red-haired girl received a letter as well. Could she be this 'Sunagi' the letter referred about? No, the name seemed to masculine for a woman. He figured it was best for him to find out on his own. "I hope you don't mind me leaving already, but I should pack my bags to leave tomorrow. It's been a nice talk, Cole. Oh, and..." He offered the letter for the wolf-man. "Would you mind burning this letter for me? I wouldn't want anyone from the Dark Army catching me with this."

Cole/Drayko
"Of course, and good luck," He didn't hesitate to burn it as soon as it was in his hand, he didn't look at any of the writing inside.

Gloxinia
Gloxinia nodded silently in agreement, pocketing the letter for her to burn at a later time. Her eyes flitted towards the door. It would probably be best if she started preparing now. Turning her gaze back to Sear, her lips formed into what could be called an apologetic smile, though on her normally expressionless face it was more of a grimace than anything else. "If you'll excuse me." She tilted her head towards the door before pushing herself off of her chair. "I should should get ready for the journey tomorrow."

Arcanimus Arcanimus

*Next Morning*
Sunagi
He stood nervously wringing his hands, scanning the bar for the mortal chiropteran he was going to be stuck with for quite a bit.
He didn't really like the idea of seeing the pack of Shade again, he used to run with them before the LoD swept him up.

Teleportation only worked if you have physically been to the place in the past, and can at least vaguely remember the aspects of the spot. The thing was that prevented him from teleporting there to talk to them, was they had actually moved camps he had known their camp on a peninsula. The reason Mask trusted him to know the way...his element was land, and by that way, he could track where beings he knew were remarkably well.

Sobus

He had been told by Mask to look for a female Soul Eater, one that was completely unconnected to the Dark Army; a rare being and by way of him being rather social and knowing most of the members of the Dark Army as acquaintances if not, friends, he thought he could make a guess at who she was when he saw her.

He stood with a confidence he probably shouldn't have, he'd never been to Atrana at all, let alone an out of the way town like Gerdar.

He was kinda oddly excited, the Lord didn't send him into missions often; since his power was kinda odd and was most useful under special circumstances.

-
CapRock CapRock Ineptitude Ineptitude

Scelus

The door of the bar creaked open slowly but surely as Scelus made his entrance in Sear's bar for the third time since it all happened. He was trying to keep a low profile, but it was hard to do it with the large duffel bag he carried by his side. The letter had given him no instructions as to how he'd identify Sunagi so he assumed he would be approached first, so he took a seat again and glanced here and there, alert to anyone approaching him. He couldn't help but wonder what would happen if one of the LoD's agents showed up here pretending to be Sunagi; he really hoped he was the only one to come up with such a plan so far.

Sunagi
He noticed a chiropteran walk in with a duffle bag, he decided to take the chance and approach; he didn't really like reading souls and because of that he didn't have the skill to read someone well enough to know who they were before he met them.

He unpinned his Elite symbol from his shoulder strap, careful not to touch any of the glass pearls strung in the neckless hung around his neck, and slid it over face up to show the symbol to the male. His hand still firmly on it, "I'm Sunagi, the 10th Elite of the Dark Army, and you are?"

He gave his best half smile, but to be honest, he was very used to being attacked often because of his rank, the Elites ranks can be won through battle or given by the LoD. His was given, and also being the lowest rank he was constantly under attack. So it wasn't a very confident smile compared to some of his counterparts.

His aura emanated a very strong Elemental feel, though the SE was still detectable under it without much trouble.
Obvious half-breed.

Gloxinia
Gloxinia's eyes flitted about searchingly as she entered the bar, hefting a backpack around her slender shoulders. She couldn't see any familiar faces, aside from a certain chiropteran she had seen the day before. She knew for certain, however, that he wasn't going to be her partner for this mission. For the life of her, she couldn't quite pinpoint exactly who she should be approaching, and she certainly didn't feel like reading the multitude of souls that surrounded her one at a time. Resigning herself, she sat down at one of the empty chairs and awaited to be approached so they could begin the mission.

Arcanimus Arcanimus @Capt_Deuce

Scelus

How on earth am I going to underestimate that? This is a joke of an Elite.
"I am Scelus, pleased to meet you." He said, extending his hand to greet him with a tranquil smirk while he got up from his seat. He was glad this elite wasn't as intimidating as the other of the Rebellion he met there. "I'm a bit new here but I hope I can help you do a good job there however I can."
Scelus didn't want to break the one rule Mask imposed him, but he was already worried. If his violent side ever broke out, would this being be able to stop him before he did something he would regret later? He couldn't understand her reasoning for pairing him up like this, so all that was left for him was to trust on her judgement.
As soon as I get out I'll see what he's made of.

Last edited:
Sobus
When an unfamiliar Soul Eater female walked in with a backpack, he made his best guess that it was her and decided to approach.

"Hello Ma'dam, I'm Sobus the 6th Elite to the Dark Army, and you are?"

He wore his usual bright smile.

Sunagi

He could sense the disappointment in Scelus but was used to it by now, it more annoyed him than anything.

"Are you going on a trip?" He gestured to the duffle bag, "Kerai?"

Gloxinia
"Gloxinia." She stared unblinkingly up at Sobus, as he had introduced himself. "It's a pleasure meeting you." With the vacant expression she wore and the lifeless tone she spoke in, it would be extremely difficult to tell whether or not her words were genuine. A quick look at her soul, however, and you might see the orb pulse in mild curiosity before settling back into a dull glow that gave little away.

Arcanimus Arcanimus

Sobus
"So, I'm traveling with you to Gerdar, right?" He wasn't overly secretive, so he didn't beat around the bush at all with what questions he asked. Bordering on rude to some.

He leaned against the bar counter casually as he spoke with Gloxinia, he wasn't sure what to make of her yet.

Scelus

Scelus tilted his head in slight confusion at the remark.
"Kerai, yes. I am ready whenever you are."
He couldn't help but wonder if Mask's briefing for Sunagi had been much different than Scelus'. at this point, it didn't seem very productive to have anything but crystal clear communication between him and the Elite, but he was still a bit fearful. What would be a better place to come clean about the information, there at the bar or during the trip? Scelus decided to he would wait for a proper cue unless it was absolutely necessary to take the initiative.
Taking the coward's way, as usual. No matter, the less I hear from that one, the better.

Gloxinia
Gloxinia simply nodded in reply, surprisingly unperturbed by the bluntness that the other displayed. After all, it was a trait that she herself possessed, though in such a public setting, even she knew to have some semblance of discretion. It would be a shame if she were to be executed before she had the chance to do what was needed of her.

"You are correct. Your powers of observation serve you well." Her tone of voice was incredibly dry, sarcasm dripping from every word that left her lips.

Arcanimus Arcanimus

Sunagi

He tried to hide his exasperation, this bar wasn't completely occupied by Rebellion beings and therefore being careful was supposed to be important. But, maybe Sear had just never explained that to him.

"Let's go," He started to move towards the bar's door, all SE's moved out of his way but a few mortals were stupid enough to try to push him. He didn't budge, he looked over to the tall and burly wingless that had tried to push him; gave him an up and down look of calculation, and only then met his gaze.

"New?"

And he walked on, he didn't look but was sure his buddies were stopping him from coming after him.

Sobus
A laugh actually broke from him at her words, "Your sarcasm is pure gold," He smiled, returned to a standing position and gestured to the door.

"I figure we should get going now, it looks like your ready, and I'd much prefer to get this underway." But, he actually shrugged, "Unless you still need anything?"

He saw the ruckus Sunagi had started, and couldn't help a bit of a laugh to that as well; mortals really couldn't help underestimating him could they. Then again, they weren't aware of the folklore behind Sunagi's neckless, like the Soul Eaters did that steered clear of him as soon as they saw it. Only the dumb Soul Eater's that were drunk off their own power tried to challenge Sunagi, and they always lost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back