• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Orias- IC Zone

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Orias

That's a link to the original thread.

I've basically developed this world, Orias, and I'm opening it up to people to RP in. We've decided to follow a semi-simple plot of trying to overthrow a dictator that resides in the Barren Realms and is trying to take control of the other species and clans, and is basically power hungry.

That is very simplified, and the link describes the basic lore of the planet, the species that exist and so on.

I hope you find it interesting ^^.

when r we starting
The GM posted in the announcement thread the other day, saying she's a bit busy and that we'll have to wait a bit before we get to interact with her character or the plot.
However, she also told us that we can RP with what we have right now while we wait if we feel like it.
If you're interested in starting right away, I'm fine with having our characters meet before the plot starts.

The GM posted in the announcement thread the other day, saying she's a bit busy and that we'll have to wait a bit before we get to interact with her character or the plot.
However, she also told us that we can RP with what we have right now while we wait if we feel like it.
If you're interested in starting right away, I'm fine with having our characters meet before the plot starts.
sure. quick question though. I didnt see an apperance on your character thread. do you have one

Im actually about to finish Shadar. Depending on who you are allied with you may wish to seek his tower. He can be a powerful and wise ally.

Orias - The Prequels
Scelus
It was still early in the morning in the middle of a vast rugged prairie not far away from a renowed ghost town. The wilds there had remained untainted for centuries, to the point parts of it still remembered the dark times of old, when mankind was all but extinguished. A true home for peace and serenity.

Not today, though. At that particular day, two winged figures soared through the air in a tight chase. The one being chased was Scelus, which held his scythe in hands and made his best efforts to manuever his way out of a relentless frenzy of sword swings dealt by his pursuer, a frenzied Thielor soldier.

"Traitor!" Screamed the soldier. His sword grazed Scelus' scales, filling the air with stray feathers. "Return the Scythe right now and I might give you a quick death, you living, breathing mistake!"

"I'm not sure I'm liking your terms!" Scelus shouted back. He wasn't quite as angered as his brethen, just concerned. "How about we just pretend this never happened?"

As the Thielor soldier reached Scelus, he had no choice but to turn back and start to block his attack with his scythe. He better think a way out of that situation before things got messy, because if they did... He might take over.

Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Agent23 Agent23

Last edited:
Vezira

Honestly If Vezira wasn't so hungry she would have never gotten involved with the situation, but sadly she was starving. Having followed the two of flyers for a while through the trees. It was tiring but she had to eat so she continued onward after them under her cover. It wasn't long before they soon came to stop and fight and Vezira took her shot. Climbing as high as she could she coiled up tightly. Making sure her aim was right she then launched from the tree she was in with tremendous force. Rocketing up at the two she aimed for the smaller one with the sword as he would die easier than the other. It took a few seconds before she reached them a loud hissing coming the closer she got till she hit the two. Slamming hard into the one with the sword her teeth immediately delved deep into the flesh of his shoulder, her claws digging deep into his body as her tail whipped around, coiling around one of his wings and bending it in unnatural ways to break it and incapacitate him as they fell. From what Vezira could tell the two where enemies so it wouldn't matter if she killed one of them. Currently she was pre occupied with falling out of the sky with her prey. A few seconds after she struck she and the man with the sword disappeared beneath the trees's. then the thud of them landing rang out as well as the sound of some bones cracking and yells of pain from the man. Looking up quickly Vezira wanted to make sure the man with the scythe wasn't coming to kill her, once she was sure she turned to the injured bird man who she held by his left wing which was coiled tightly in her tail and crushed
CapRock CapRock Agent23 Agent23

(Chiropteran = Bat wings, Avian/Aves = Bird wings. I hate to nitpick but it's better to point it out early on I think. I love the RP though!)

Shadar Logoth

Sitting in the top of his tower Shadar seemed to cock his head to the side. Putting the quill back in the inkwell he stepped away from the scroll he was writing and began his decent down the stairs. He passed the weapons room containing armaments from many eras, then passed the Art room holding countless clay sculptures and paintings. Further down through the medicine room, then the music room, and lastly the empires room, holding the National symbols of many a culture from past present and future. Finally he came out in the ground level library. Six lefts, and one middle corridor later he posted the sign near the door. It simply read "Walk as Time Flows." then he proceeded back through the winding maze of bookshelves. Each 12ft traveled came to an intersection in the shelves with a path labeled "past" going to the left. A path labelled "present" going straight. And the path labeled "Future" going to the right. Countless souls have found themselves lost to this library. And though he saw them making it to the top of the tower, he couldn't help but hope that it would happen before dinner...​

Scelus
It all happened so fast. At one moment, he was fending off for his life against a fellow chiropteran. At the very next one, he was all alone again. He wasn't sure what was it that saved him but whatever it was it had returned to the forest beneath him. Could it be a soldier from another clan? A mysterious being from the barren, figthing boredom by interefring with the quarrels of men? Whatever it was, Scelus was determined to find out. After spending about a minute searching trough the trees he managed to find them.

"Hello!" He said just before coming into view. "I don't want to fight! I just wish to thank you for..."

Scelus' voice died out quickly as the grotesque scene came into his view. Whatever that thing was, it seemed determined to crush the poor chiropteran alive and then eat him whole! The very thought of it made Scelus shiver in fear.

"...For saving me." He managed to finish.

Though he tried his best to put up a friendly face, Scelus was absolutely ready to flee at the first sign of hostility. There was no way in his imagination that a direct fight with that creature could end well for him.

Vezira
By the time the man had reached Vezira and her prey she had him beyond the point of saving. Currently Vezira's prey was in her coil. her tail wrapped around his mid section tightly, With that a hand stuck out here and a clearly broken part of his wing there. Instantly the man looked to Scelus with a pleading look as Vezira looked in Scelus's direction. Letting out a his she didnt move to attack as she listened to him. Turning her head to the right a little to hear him better her tongue flicked from her mouth a little. Waiting a second she came to the conclusion he wasnt gonna try to hurt her and spoke. "You're...... welcome." She said cautiously as her pray started groaning in pain and gasping her tail only tightening in response as she faced Scelus's direction. It would be painfully clear from this distance that Vezira wore a thick blinder over her eyes, elegantly decorated with a deep garnet green back ground and a golden eye. Though what was also obvious was she somehow seemed to know exactly where he was. More cracking sounds ensued as she slowly tightened around the prey making him look to Scelus once more with a look of terror and a silent beg to help him.
CapRock CapRock

Scelus
Scelus' expression twisted into a distressed look as the man before him pleaded for help. The soldier was indeed trying to kill him just a couple minutes ago but that wasn't really much of a factor in the renegade Executioner's mind. A person needed his aid right now, and that was a hard thing for him to refuse. At the same time, the creature's stare seemed to pierce straight through the blinder and into his very soul. Suddenly, a dark thought crossed his mind:
"Do it. We can slice that monster to pieces if you want to. Then we'll purge what's left of that piece of shit who wanted our heads."

Scelus himself wasn't so sure of his chances in that fight, neither he wanted to harm a being that had just saved him. But it was hard to get a hold of himself when the shrieks of pain and the broken bones reminded him so well of his dark past.
"Yes, back then." Insisted the voice in his head. "When we were gods. Do you remember that? We could still have all that, you know. All you have to do is let go of your restraints."
Scelus quickly realized that staying there wasn't an option. He supressed all his inner demons and told the snake-like creature before him in a lively and unassuming tone:
"Well, I shouldn't bother your while you're feeding, but... I'm heading for the ghost town to see Shadar's tower. What about I buy you a nice drink to show my appreciation?"
Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Last edited:
Gloxinia
Slowly and reluctantly, what appeared to be a young girl, with hair of the most vivid shade of red, uncovered her face. Gloxinia's eyes fluttered open, blinking once, then twice, as she languidly pulled herself out of the realm of dreams. Streaks of sunlight penetrated through the window, blinding in it's brightness. The Soul Eater sat up in a lethargic manner, dragging her legs off of her bed as she rubbed her knuckles into her eyes. A yawn escaped her parted lips as her head bobbed up and down listlessly, and her eyes, like an endless abyss, watched as her legs dangled just above the wooden floor, feet barely even brushing against the grainy surface.

It was the start of yet another day.

Gloxinia groaned at the thought. Pushing herself off of her bed, the redhead sluggishly made her way out of her bedroom, her crimson locks dragging across the ligneous flooring. Walking with unhurried steps, she eventually reached the kitchen--more of a pantry, really--and snatched one of the many jars that littered the counters and cabinets. Nearly all of them were empty save for the one she held in her hand. Within the glass container was a small, glowing white orb that pulsed with a soft light, akin to a heartbeat in it's steadfast rhythm.

A soul.

Twisting the jar open with a pop, Gloxinia gently cradled the spirit within her hands, treating it--no, she-- as though she were a precious gemstone. Ever so carefully, the Soul Eater raised her up to her chest. Her name had been Melascula, an Elemental child barely over a decade old. She was an energetic little thing, so full of smiles and laughter, but she had been caught up in something she couldn't begin to control. And one way or another, her essense had ended up in her calloused hands.

Taking a deep breath, Gloxinia pushed the soul into her chest. A rush of energy coursed through her as she absorbed the vitality, filling the empty void within her spirit--temporarily, of course, she thought with a grimace. Turning her gaze towards the window, to the world outside of her home, she knew that she would have to go out and replenish her food source.

Last edited:
Vezira
Not long after the man spoke one more loud crack came from the being in her coil before he went silent. Glancing back to her prey she then turned back to the winged man. "Why would you want to buy me a drink?" She asked in curiosity. He knew she ate his kind so why would he want her around more. Wasn't he scared she would try to eat him. She wouldn't cause he showed her kindness but still. Either way a drink did sound nice and after a second of thought she nodded. "Sounds...... Nice." She said softly with a nod before she turned back to her meal. "Id like to eat first if you don't mind. I haven't eaten in some weeks." She said as she uncoiled from her prey before grabbing it around the neck by the end of her tail. Figuring letting the man watch her eat wasn't a good idea if she wanted to keep him on her good side so she dragged her food a little away from him, into a really thick bush surrounded by trees. Once she was sure she was hidden she went to work eating her prey. About 10 minuets later Vezira came back from the bush. Having finished her meal she spoke. "Are we to go now?" She asked him curiously. Being sure to not do anything he could take as her readying for an attack which she wouldn't do
CapRock CapRock

Scelus
Scelus watched in silence as the Thielor's last breaths were taken. When asked about the reasons for his suggestion, he simply replied:

"I wouldn't like to just leave someone who helped me like that, that is all."

Scary as the snake-like creature was, Scelus certainly wasn't one to let appearances get in the way of his principles. He rejoiced in her acceptance and nodded affirmatively as the creature dragged the fallen man into a bush away from view. While Scelus waited, he tried to get his mind out of the presumably horrifying scene taking place just a few feet away by examining his scraped wing. Though the swing had taken some scales off, it still seemed in good shape to fly. He had forgotten how good the rush of battle had felt after being idle for so long. Good, definitely, but also scary, because of what it did to himself.
As the snake creature got back from her meal, he started to notice something: her moverments were constrained, shy even, as if she'd noticed his fear. It probably was a result of having dealt with the hate of others for too long. That thought made Scelus determined to try and be different from the rest.

"Yes. I wish to get there before noon because the visit to the tower might take a while." As he said that, Scelus flapped his wings to leave the ground. "The question is... How fast can you go?" He added playfully.

Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Vezira

"I easily kept up with you and your pursuer while starving." She said back a small smirk slipping over her lips, something that hadn't happened in a long time. When he took off she quickly followed after him. Easily staying on his tail to make sure she didn't lose him. Moving up into the trees to keep a better sight of him. Though it wasn't actually visual sight of course. She kept tabs of where he was via the feeling of the air waves he pushed downward, from that she knew exactly where he was at all times
CapRock CapRock

Scelus
After traveling for about half an hour, the unlikely duo had left the relative peace of the prairie and approached the domains of civilization. Or what was left of it, anyway. What had once been a bustling commercial center had been torn apart by time, war and weather, leaving only the empty husks of wooden houses and buildings behind. It was a dark and eerie place, the kind that seemed more welcoming to ghosts and demons than mortals.
At the center of it all, stood an ominous stone tower, the only building that seemed immune to the wear of eons. There was also a very run-down, but open tavern just next to it.

"Here it is." Scelus said, landing several feet from the building so that he could admire it better. "I assume you've heard the stories behind this tower, Mrs...?" He let his voice softly die out before finishing his sentence, expecting to find out his newfound friend's name.

Gloxinia
The door that was once unyielding had become brittle as it seemed to shrivel in the face of the sunlight; the seasons that passed had taken their toll, baking it in the hottest of days, freezing it in the coldest of months. Gloxinia ran her fingers down the elongated handle, tracing the patterns that her younger brother had clumsily carved into the wood all those years ago. Then she seized it, ramming the door shut behind her as she set out into the outside world for the first time in months.

The forest that laid outside of her home was ancient, even more so than herself. The trees thick and old. The roots twisted and tangled. It might have once been filled with the sweetness of birdsong, with animals that dared to roam it's endless labyrinth, but now it was ages past it's former glory. Now, all was silent, almost eerily so. But one thing that hadn't changed was it's breathtaking beauty.

Pitch black eyes gazed up at the thick canopy above, glowing as the light of the sun penetrated through the leaves. Slim fingers hovered over the rough bark of seemingly endless amounts of trees. Her boots have trodden these paths so often that the soles were already wearing thin, but even so, she continued her treck. Loathe as she was to admit this, a Soul Eater could not survive without regularly consuming a soul, and she was no exception to this rule.

There was only one man she trusted enough to get her nourishment from.

Last edited:
Sear
"Look, we're going to have to expand our workforce beyond just who we exclusively trust," Sear was talking with Mask, her technical superior and the one who came to her for help with the Rebellion. But Mask seemed to think they would be fine the way they were and just tried to turn exclusively the Dark Army against him. Sear disagreed, they had already convinced most of the senior soldiers, including all of the Elites, but they were going to require more. It wasn't easy to take down Soul Eater once they reached Shadow form, like the Lord of Darkness.

"Fine, do what you will, but if we're discovered because some mortal or new recruit turns on us- it's on your shoulders," Mask spoke in a constant monotone, and her expression couldn't really be read; as her face was entirely obscured besides her eyes, of which were a dead golden color.

"Yes, Ma'am." Sear smiled, trying to break the tension but Mask merely vanished without so much of a 'poof' sound effect.

Sear immediately set to work, she grabbed a few of her employees giving them flyers to and instructing to hand them out and post them around the town. It was a moderately busy town, but not a city; she would need to go to all of her bars and do this.

Work was probably an overstatement, as she then sat back down "A warm one please,"
The bartender immediately scurried off and arrived shorty back with a tall glass filled with a shining silver liquid, "Thank you," she smiled, and the bartender squeaked and hurriedly returned to the regular customers, his bat wings fluttering slightly with nervousness. He was always nervous but was the best bartender in town out of whom have applied so far.

She planned to stay a little while, at least to finish her drink; or soul rather. She had gotten a bit hungry while she was forced to be in the Barren Realms for so long. She still had to at least act like she cared what the LoD said.

Gloxinia
A little girl, with eyes rivalling even the very depths of oblivion, placed calloused hands on the door in front of her and pushed. The hinges squealed as though they were a warning, but their plea was silenced by a wall of noise. Words and laughter swirled around the room, not at all interrupted by the arrival of a strange new entrant.

The sharp smell of ale wafted towards her, though she did not even bat an eyelash at the stench. Gloxinia made her way up to the bar, skillfully maneuvering her way through the thick crowd before taking a seat at one of the stools, legs dangling above the ground. She glanced over to the right where a seemingly older woman sat, swirling a tall glass filled with a shining silver liquid, and turned her gaze towards the bartender, who immediately flinched upon meeting her cold, lifeless stare.

"I'll get what she's having." Her voice was soft and strangely melodic, akin to wind chimes in a cool, summer breeze.

Arcanimus Arcanimus

Sear
"Feeling a bit peckish, hm?" She smiled, she immediately recognized the new females race, as Soul Eaters actual souls appeared to differently than about any other species. As if they were hollow.

She drank from her glass, allowing the tensions in her muscles to relax a bit.

She tapped her fingers on the stone counter, nothing in the bar was made from wood, as it could get a little heated inside occasionally and Sear wasn't great at controlling her temper.

Gloxinia
Gloxinia's pitch black eyes blinked up at the other upon hearing the small inquiry, before flitting towards the drink she held in hand, having been prepared at a surprising speed. Monspeet, that had been his name. A Wingless who had sworn to protect Derieri, his Chiropteran lover, with his life, even if he knew that in a world like this one, death was lurking around every corner, just waiting to prey upon it's next victim.

And that was exactly what he had done, up until his very last breath as his soul was ripped out of his body.

Her soft lips made contact the cool glass, and she tipped her head back to allow the silvery liquid to slide down her throat. She placed the empty cup down onto the stone counter with a gentle clink. Her mouth twitched into a frown for just a brief second, grimacing at the innate, uncontrollable gratification she felt as she absorbed the liquified essence.

"I wouldn't have ordered one if I wasn't." She finally said in reply, sliding the bartender a pretty little penny as payment, which he skittishly accepted.

Arcanimus Arcanimus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back