• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Orias

Arcanimus

Lore:
Orias is the planet's new name, it is Earth after nuclear war broke out and destroyed most of everything on the planet.
Time has passed, and nature took back her lands and has healed herself, but now there are new beings that walk upon it.
Continents have changed once again, and now the Mortal and Barren Realms are rather close, allowing supernatural beings to come back and forth freely, and have integrated themselves into the new society.

Mortal Realm:
Is now two continents and has two rather large islands, the current residents do not remember Earth, they think they are the first.​
Species:
  • Aves
    • Appear humanlike, but have bird wings; there are certain species of bird that they are modeled after.
    • Currently, have 4 clans (countries) on Orias
  • Chiroptera
    • Appear humanlike, but have bat wings; they have been lead to believe they are instead dragon wings in some regions.
    • Currently, have 5 clans on Orias
  • Wingless
    • Human, but because of the forgotten Earth they are seen as deformed by the Winged more often than not
    • 4 clans, though Clera is the most well known for its barbaric treatment of Winged beings.
The Barren Realm:
Home to the supernatural beings of all sorts, where the land seems to change to fit perfectly who resides in a certain region.​

Species:
  • Elementals
    • Draws energy from their surroundings, this energy both acts as their physical power and as their nourishment.
    • Can control:
      • Fire
      • Water
      • Air
      • Earth
    • Each coming with plenty of variations for each.
  • Soul
    • Divided into two groups, the Soul Eaters, and the Healers
    • They can manipulate the 'strings' of the soul to either cut or mend, depending on which division.
    • They are either born or turned, they are the only species that can turn other beings into other things by splicing or replacing the soul if they are powerful enough- most often a Soul Eater that can do so.
    • Soul Eaters: Most consume a soul regularly or will die rather painfully of starvation as their 'hollow' soul tears them apart. (brutal)
  • Energeia
    • Like the Elementals but have more access to the energies, if the Elementals have a stream the Energeia have a lake.
    • They are not limited to the four elements.
    • Some things they can control but are not limited to:
      • Space
      • Fire
      • Earth
      • Water
      • Air
      • Death/Life
      • Light/Dark
      • Time
    • Regarding the four elements, the Energeia can control more, like the minerals in bodies, which can allow body manipulation for those who want such an ability
  • Manis
    • The species that can 'copy' the abilities of all the others, shapeshifting into the correct kind of body type to allow themselves to do so.
    • The more powerful the Mani, the more powerful thing it can copy.
    • And were the ones who tricked the Chiroptera into thinking they came from dragons.
    • But, they also were the species that kinda saved the human race by transporting them back and forth between the two realms till it was safe, but as a side effect gave the humans wings and such.
Where Am I Going With This
I'm offering Orias and her assets to others to play with, there are two major evils in Orias if anyone wanted to follow a plot; but, I'm also fine with just having people play with it in different scenes. I'd love to see what others think of my 'baby' perse.

Links
Character Sheets:
Orias- CS (sorry for taking up space)
RP:
Orias- IC Zone
OOC/Chat:
Fantasy - Orias - OOC
Maps & Rules:
Fantasy - Orias - Maps & Rules

Last edited:
I'm glad, would you be more interested in following a plot(over throwing some dictators), or just exploring?

I'm not completely comfortable with this site yet I'm sorry to say, but the world is fully developed with different cultures for each region and histories.

I hope I can keep your interest, haha.

A plot would be nice, in my opinion. Though, exploring sounds pretty cool as well.

And take your time, it's best if you're comfortable enough with the site when you start. It sounds like you're prepared, which is nice to know.

Trust me, I never actually lose interest in roleplays, it's just that life enjoys pulling my free time away from me.

Thank you!
Would you also be interested in following a plot? Like over throwing 1 of the 2 dictators, or in a sort of travel exploration kind of thing?

I'm so happy that people are already interested, ^^.

I was looking for a new fantasy RP, this one seems awesome. Mind if I join?
Also I'd very much like to follow a plotline.

For those that are interested, would it be alright to request picking one of the existing species for their character?
If you have one that you think will fit the world and is close to you, just message me because it can probably be fanangled to work.

If this isn't how things are done, I don't want to put anyone off thinking they are limited because of it, so just tell me because I am still new to this site. I think I read you could, but I don't want to offend anyone.

For those that are interested, would it be alright to request picking one of the existing species for their character?
If you have one that you think will fit the world and is close to you, just message me because it can probably be fanangled to work.

If this isn't how things are done, I don't want to put anyone off thinking they are limited because of it, so just tell me because I am still new to this site. I think I read you could, but I don't want to offend anyone.
It's your rp so you can request we only pick from those you list. I like the Aves

I love this world you’ve created! I really like the sound of the wingless actually. I’d like to write someone from the clan who are barbaric toward the winged; I love to write an asshole character lol.

Cool, I'll probably do that then.
And hybrids of the species do exist though each have their own social stigma to carry.
Though, supernatural hybrids can't be done through birth but instead the soul has to be spliced with another.

I love this world you’ve created! I really like the sound of the wingless actually. I’d like to write someone from the clan who are barbaric toward the winged; I love to write an asshole character lol.
I also like the elemental actually- I just re-read the post properly and realised I could still have a character from the barren realm cross over. I have some fun ideas in mind!

Your character would be from Clera, the only existing clan with slaves(Winged). They are not permitted to bring any with them to other clans, and not all residents in Clera would own one but still look upon them poorly. They see it as repayment.

I saw a few threads that had multiple sections, and I'm hoping to figure that out and add the character sheet sepetately.
It won't be overly complex though.

I'll try not to get carried away but Soul Eaters(SE's) are my personal favourite.

To remind you, they are the ones that can alter the soul negatively by cutting the strings. But, there is more to that depending on the individual level of mastery.
A great example is the big bad Lord of Darkness, that is both a title and a person because no one is allowed to call him by his real name. He has worked hard enough at his trade to not only achieve a Shadow form but has mastered the art of 'splicing' a soul, and the ability to remove a soul and then REPLACE it.
Being a Soul demon means you can see the soul strings in an individual, almost like reading it takes effort at first but eventually you can learn to read beings the same as books through their 'strings'.
12 strings are what you need to care about the most, because those are the bodily injuries to the body.
There are uncountable number of mental strings and those are where adept readers can alter an individual even to the level of their mentality.

Soul Eaters and Healers can both be extremely powerful because of this, but SE's are held back by their hollow souls that require them to replenish them constantly, and their often fitful sleep(nightmares). Which leads to it being very hard to for them to master their abilities.

Some of the most powerful beings in Orias will be Energeia spliced with an SE, because those are truly scary combinations.

These abilities aren't snap your fingers it's there, your born being able to see it, but you have to be studious in order to control it.

I'm so glad there's someone interested in them.

Last edited:
Ooh, that's very interesting~ I'm definitely intrigued now. What exactly are the effects of cutting the strings?

The 12 will have almost immediate physical implications put on the victims body, this is where the merciful and the brutal sides of a character tend to show.
If you only cut the strings the victim will lose feeling in the portion of their body the string affects and that portion is essentially 'dead.
Some decide to cut the strings through the physical body, and you can imagine how brutal that can get.
A mental string when cut is a similar idea, when a string is fully cut it is gone 'dead. Let's say an SE cuts out the strings linked to someone's empathy, that can explain someone's lack there of.

A string must be cut all the way through in order to kill it off, and a Healer can always repair it if the victim is still alive. Once the victim is dead however, there is nothing the Healer could do to being it back. But if even one thread remains, they can be healed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back