• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Order of the Hunt OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
TagochiRein TagochiRein is there a database, or archive of hunters? My character would definitely read up on other hunters in his spare time if such a thing exists. Given that they're forbidden from participating in wars, and potential clients might want to search for hunters that suit their needs, I feel like a hunter database would be a reasonable consequence in the lore.

TagochiRein TagochiRein is there a database, or archive of hunters? My character would definitely read up on other hunters in his spare time if such a thing exists. Given that they're forbidden from participating in wars, and potential clients might want to search for hunters that suit their needs, I feel like a hunter database would be a reasonable consequence in the lore.

Good question. The answer is yes... I will start making sheets of hunters that exist. There are a fair amount of them so I will update as I go. Maybe doing two or three at a time. It would have its on section within the lore tab along with the other lore that HaruAketchi HaruAketchi and I plan to add.

Good question. The answer is yes... I will start making sheets of hunters that exist. There are a fair amount of them so I will update as I go. Maybe doing two or three at a time. It would have its on section within the lore tab along with the other lore that HaruAketchi HaruAketchi and I plan to add.

I doubt it would be a comprehensive list. If the hunters are as independent and lonesome as describes, a fair amount might not want to have their details recorded for all the world to read.

I doubt it would be a comprehensive list. If the hunters are as independent and lonesome as describes, a fair amount might not want to have their details recorded for all the world to read.

Yes, it would only be the most popular Hunters and some of their feats with a small description of their abilities. Some hunters will have less than others, while some won't even make the list. It would be a very rough guide.

I see your point here, but given that they're banned from participating in war, countries must have some way to know that they're hunters. At the minimum a registry must exist if the ban is to have any meaning at all. And if a hunter goes rogue, other hunters will need to know their abilities if they're going to help take them down.

Last edited:
I see your point here, but given that they're banned from participating in war, countries must have some way to know that they're hunters. At the minimum a registry must exist if the ban is to have any meaning at all. And if a hunter goes rogue, other hunters will need to know their abilities if they're going to help take them down.

I'm sure every country has it's own handful of hunters on payroll. The countries that matter at any rate. Freelance hunters, like Witchers if you are familiar with them, are very unlikely to want to be tracked and recorded in a great big book of know it all.

The hunters has a magical sigil (or cursed mark) on their forehead to show that they are a hunter. It was bestowed upon them from the creator in order to prepare the body for the ritual. They also have blackened marks on their hands stretching up to their arms from undergoing the process. A direct line of powerful magic was forced through arm to arm connection granting abilities that one would normally have to train in, so the vessel was stained near the point of entry. They eyes of a hunter also gives them away due to the faded hue that it reflects.

One would be able to spot a hunter right away with a glance. Granted some hunters do hide their appearance and join battles but its against the rules of the code and any caught doing this would immediately have a bounty on their head. They would go through trial and if found guilty would pay with their life.

mark_of_cain_by_nikitajuice-d5tkzho.jpg

4faddf5c8e7dc4a3a148ae46dc761be6.jpg

I will get a lore section for hunters and their origin soon as well. It will have this info plus more.

Personally I’m waiting for Proletariat Proletariat to post but since they did recently I haven’t been waiting long. c:

It looks like GM is giving us time to interact so we’re actually waiting on H Hal lucination and BugDozer73 BugDozer73 to post to continue the cycle... We don’t have a posting order but you two posted first so there’s more for y’all to respond to. :)

I’m in no rush though so I’m fine with this pace, but it’d be a pity if the rp died just because we were sitting around waiting for each other to post haha.

BugDozer73 BugDozer73 We just started Friday. No need to freak out yet. lol.
Berries Berries I am allowing a little more interaction time before we continue. Again the GM post will be no more than 4 days out from the previous, that's why more detailed post are ideal for this type of RP. HaruAketchi HaruAketchi and I will start posting with our characters as well so it will start filling more full with the two additional characters.

I have also played this type of RP with a group of 10 people that did really well. Makes it a lot better in between GM post due to more perspectives in play. I plan to add more people into the RP after I get into the groove of this RP. I haven't played in a good while so I kind of wanted to ease into it.

I have less of a problem with waiting and more of a problem with roleplays that zip by at the speed of light. I get tired of that really quick.

I have less of a problem with waiting and more of a problem with roleplays that zip by at the speed of light. I get tired of that really quick.

Yes agreed. The RPs that fly by really fast with less quality posting doesn't really do much for me. Prefer more content.

Already busy as is so when people type two sentences back and forth to each other and by the time I get on again, I notice that 10 pages have gone by and then i have to back track and figure out where I left off, plus the story doesn't progress at a good pace so a lot of things get skipped over, and etc....

Just not my cup of tea really.

I c
Personally I’m waiting for Proletariat Proletariat to post but since they did recently I haven’t been waiting long. c:

It looks like GM is giving us time to interact so we’re actually waiting on H Hal lucination and BugDozer73 BugDozer73 to post to continue the cycle... We don’t have a posting order but you two posted first so there’s more for y’all to respond to. :)

I’m in no rush though so I’m fine with this pace, but it’d be a pity if the rp died just because we were sitting around waiting for each other to post haha.
I'll make a small interaction post

There is a guild. Its location will be added on the map soon. That is how our characters came to be hunters, cursed and trained at one of the hunters guilds. There will be some explanation as to the reason why the guilds have slowed the production of hunters at an alarming rate. In any case, a hunter is a formidable foe. That being said, any hunter who has lived as one longer than 3 or 4 years would have gained some renown throughout the land their quests gaining them recognition of some sort, or shame depending on their performance; thus building their legend. When the list is created it will not be very thorough at all, the reports within containing the legends and stories of the hunter, stories passed by word of mouth etc... so the descriptions will not be spot on.

I am a few days late, but i hope that helps clarify things.

Additionally, punishment meted out for non compliance of the guilds laws are administered by the guild, and not the governments. If given the chance, most leaders would gladly accept a hunter into their ranks, knowing the guild's laws against it. If the hunters guild is to catch wind of this somehow, the governments of the land in most situations will give no aide to bounty hunters searching for errant hunters.

Can we talk about the up coming battle? Are we going to have to go through the GM process for the entire encounter? It's not that I am against it, but the idea is a little new to me and I was curious.

Can we talk about the up coming battle? Are we going to have to go through the GM process for the entire encounter? It's not that I am against it, but the idea is a little new to me and I was curious.

Yes we will, but it will be faster paced and I will respond a little more. Essentially I will place encounters in front of you and you will respond to them. I will then be fate and determine what happens and put another encounter in front of you and so forth.

Yes we will, but it will be faster paced and I will respond a little more. Essentially I will place encounters in front of you and you will respond to them. I will then be fate and determine what happens and put another encounter in front of you and so forth.
That sounds perfect, I am put at ease. Thanks for being so responsive. Also I am writing u a pm about a few extra illusionary spells, please don't dissapere if you don't have to just yet XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back