• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice [OOC] - To Stand Against the Crimson Tide

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Nope! Now you decide if you're making a withering or decisive attack (hint: you're making a withering attack), and then you roll to hit. Your pool is Dex + Archery + any applicable Archery Specialty + Weapon Accuracy. If you want to use any of your powers, like the Archery Excellency, declare them. Roll and count your successes. If you beat its defence, you take your net successes plus your weapon Damage and compare it to the target's Soak. You take the difference and roll that many dice. If the number of dice is lower than the Overwhelming rating of your weapon, roll your Overwhelming in dice instead. You count the hits on those dice, and that's how much initiative damage you deal. You gain that much initiative+1, and the enemy loses that much.

Got all that?

I'm here! Sorry, it was my Friday and it ended up being busy.

Okay, so I'm making a Withering attack. So that would be 5 + 5 ? And I guess I'll declare Archery Excellency Do I write that out in my post?

You can do it in a spoiler in your post, or in the OoC thread. Anywhere's fine, so long as we know where to find it. The Archery Excellency is 1m per extra die, up to a limit of Ability + Specialty. You choose how many dice you want to buy, but you regenerate 5m per turn, and you can't keep more than your maximum. Then add your weapon's accuracy for Medium range. You'll probably want to keep the stats for your bow in your character sheet somewhere.

Artifact Archery Weapon Ranges
Close Short Medium Long Extreme*
-1 +5 +3 +1 -1

So your artifact bow adds 3 dice at Medium range.

Medium +12 4 5
So +12 damage, 4 Overwhelming, 5m attunement cost (those motes of essence are allocated to the bow for the duration you're attuned to it).

And don't forget two extra dice from your stunt, for a grand total of 5 (Dex) +5 (Ability) +5 (Excellency) +2 (stunt) +3 (Weapon). That's 20 dice, but you didn't write down what are your 4 specialties, so you could take one in bow, and add 1 die from specialty, and buy one more die from the excellency, for a total of 22 dice.

No, the Blackscale is currently in melee with the elephant-man; the Aurochs is an elemental-controlled statue that was under the control of the Bronze Tide. Right now, it is on our side, but to be fair, there is no way for you to know this since SJet hasn't had a chance to have it attack one of its old allies.

Yep, that's 13 successes on the attack roll.

(7 and up is a success, 10 counts as Double)

It has a Soak of 16, and your weapon's damage is 12, so that's 25 minus 16. For a total of 9 dice of damage.

Good shot by Sayuri! Go go go!
Will Ferrell Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

In that 35 contains 5, and 5 is the answer, yes! That's 5i damage to the Aurochs, and Sayuri gains 6i, bumping her up to 13i. Now the enemy wind dancers are up, and then it's Garret and Sjet's turn!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back