• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice [OOC] - To Stand Against the Crimson Tide

Main
Here
Characters
Here
I'm in the same boat, posting from my phone at work, too. At least while it's slow or I'm at lunch break.

So, how badly messed up is Sjet? I almost have enough sorcerous motes built up to cast my spell, so I hope I'm going to be ok.

It's your choice. If you're asking, "What should motivate my choices?" It's about your character concept. Is their physicality a defining part of them? Their mind? Their social instincts?

It's your choice. If you're asking, "What should motivate my choices?" It's about your character concept. Is their physicality a defining part of them? Their mind? Their social instincts?
Yeah, basically. So just go with what I feel would suit the character then.

How do you know what Attributes to choose for your primary and secondary?

You need to sit down, and decide what you want to prioritize.
For Archery, Dex is important, but if you're not focused on combat too much, 3 should be enough to start.
For Medicine, Int is important, but again it depends on how improt your character, 3-4 would be fine, 5 in Int would be amazing. And it would also help you later if you learn Occult, Lore, and Sorcery.
Perception is good to have, if you want your character to be in the wild, or be less prone to surprises.
Wits is good for Join Battle, to determine who goes first in battle.
Str is good for lifting things, and is generally better for those in melee, but don't go with 1.
Sta is good for soaking, and for endurance checks.
Cha is good if you want to convince people
Man is good is you like to convince people without revealing your intentions
App is good if you want to look good, and convince people

You need to sit down, and decide what you want to prioritize.
For Archery, Dex is important, but if you're not focused on combat too much, 3 should be enough to start.
For Medicine, Int is important, but again it depends on how improt your character, 3-4 would be fine, 5 in Int would be amazing. And it would also help you later if you learn Occult, Lore, and Sorcery.
Perception is good to have, if you want your character to be in the wild, or be less prone to surprises.
Wits is good for Join Battle, to determine who goes first in battle.
Str is good for lifting things, and is generally better for those in melee, but don't go with 1.
Sta is good for soaking, and for endurance checks.
Cha is good if you want to convince people
Man is good is you like to convince people without revealing your intentions
App is good if you want to look good, and convince people
That helps put things into perspective

Sorry, been really out of it. This is my final work week at this job so I've been a little worn out with how they've got my schedule rolling between morning and closing shifts. I'll get a roll in and try to get my post and sheet updated.

Does Linquistics still grant languages for dots or is Languages the only way? Rebalancing my sheet and need to know.

Last edited:
Question, so on Step 3 it says to pick five Favored Abilities in addition to my Aspect Abilities. Do I have to choose five? Cause there's only two, maybe three that interest me.

Yes you do, but feel free to hold the extras in reserve and declare them later as you need them. There's no disadvantage to having an ability you don't use favoured, but you must have at least 1 dot in your favoured abilities.

You can, but there are going to be five other abilities that you will have in reserve.

The thing to keep in mind is that it will cost you less xp to buy Charms that are associated with your caste/favored skills, so it does make a difference.

Okay then, I was trying not to get confused. So, could I pick an Ability even if there are no possible Charms under that Ability I'm interested in?

Yes. Any ability can be favoured, so long as it isn't already aspect. You can wait to decide until you know which skills you want. I expect you don't yet know you want Socialize, Bureaucracy, Dodge, Athletics, Integrity, etc. Usually the hard part is choosing only five.

Yes, absolutely. But if there are Charms you are interested in, it is best to pick those abilities first.

Yes. Any ability can be favoured, so long as it isn't already aspect. You can wait to decide until you know which skills you want. I expect you don't yet know you want Socialize, Bureaucracy, Dodge, Athletics, Integrity, etc. Usually the hard part is choosing only five.
That makes sense. Like, I won't know what's really needed until I'm in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back