• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice [OOC] - To Stand Against the Crimson Tide

Main
Here
Characters
Here
A Clash is when two parties attack each other on the same tick. Defense isn't used, instead it's an offensive roll-off. Whoever rolls higher wins. There are further bonuses for winning a Clash because it's assumed neither side is defending themselves.

"A successful withering Clash attack adds 3 additional points of Initiative damage after damage is rolled. A suc- cessful decisive Clash attack adds one additional auto- matic point of Health Track damage after damage is rolled. Finally, in addition to suffering damage, the loser of the Clash Attack suffers a -2 penalty to his Defense until his next turn."

A Clash is when two parties attack each other on the same tick. Defense isn't used, instead it's an offensive roll-off. Whoever rolls higher wins. There are further bonuses for winning a Clash because it's assumed neither side is defending themselves.

"A successful withering Clash attack adds 3 additional points of Initiative damage after damage is rolled. A suc- cessful decisive Clash attack adds one additional auto- matic point of Health Track damage after damage is rolled. Finally, in addition to suffering damage, the loser of the Clash Attack suffers a -2 penalty to his Defense until his next turn."
Ok, so I don't get this wrong, I go ahead and do a to-hit roll to do my Decisive attack? Then I roll my 16 dice?

Yup. The Aurochs will roll to hit as well, with 14 dice and two bonus successes. If it gets more successes than you on the attack, it will hit you with a Withering attack instead.

With teeth clenched, Garret keeps his powerful frame braced against the Aurochs, keeping it stationary despite its own strength. Shifting slightly, Garret begins to twist his grip on the head, using his leverage to try and rip the head from the body and end its threat to his city.
14 hits vs 7! I'd say you hit.

What would my Combat Stats be?

Health Levels
-0x1
-1x2
-2x2
-4x1
Ix1

(Unless you have a Charm that grants extra Health Levels)

Essence: ●●
Personal: 13
Peripheral: 31
Committed:
Willpower: ●●●●● (Unless you spend XP to by it higher)

Join Battle: (Wits + Awareness)

Parry: (Weapon Defense + Weapon Ability + Dexterity)/2
Evasion: (Dodge + Dexterity)/2

Total Soak (Stamina + Armor values)
Hardness (Only Artifact Armor and some Resistance Charms give Hardness)

Guile: (Manipulation + Socialize)/2
Resolve: (Wits + Integrity)/2

Health Levels
-0x1
-1x2
-2x2
-4x1
Ix1

(Unless you have a Charm that grants extra Health Levels)

Essence: ●●
Personal: 13
Peripheral: 31
Committed:
Willpower: ●●●●● (Unless you spend XP to by it higher)

Join Battle: (Wits + Awareness)

Parry: (Weapon Defense + Weapon Ability + Dexterity)/2
Evasion: (Dodge + Dexterity)/2

Total Soak (Stamina + Armor values)
Hardness (Only Artifact Armor and some Resistance Charms give Hardness)

Guile: (Manipulation + Socialize)/2
Resolve: (Wits + Integrity)/2
Thank you

Do I have enough to start playing? I still have to fill out the background but I figured I can do that as we go.
Yes, by all means. To me the character story is the most important part, and mechanics can be filled in later, but I think I have the gist of it down. Let me know if your introduction post fits with your concept. If something seems off to you, I'll fix it.
Direction Sense - ●
This causes me almost physical pain. You didn't do anything wrong, but the game did. Figuring out what direction is north is an easy Survival test you could pass 99% of the time. This merit is just a trap for new players.
Supernal Ability: Medicine?
Dragon blooded don't have Supernal Abilities, that's a Solar thing, no need to worry about it.

This causes me almost physical pain. You didn't do anything wrong, but the game did. Figuring out what direction is north is an easy Survival test you could pass 99% of the time. This merit is just a trap for new players.
Oh... I not have it then? I'm sorry :(
Dragon blooded don't have Supernal Abilities, that's a Solar thing, no need to worry about it.
Okay, I'll edit that then.

Oh... I not have it then? I'm sorry :(
😆 You don't have anything to apologize for. You can take it if you want to, or you can not take it and have a free merit to spend on anything you like 😄. You'll never use it. I can make it give you a non-Charm success on wilderness navigation or something if you want to keep it.

😆 You don't have anything to apologize for. You can take it if you want to, or you can not take it and have a free merit to spend on anything you like 😄. You'll never use it. I can make it give you a non-Charm success on wilderness navigation or something if you want to keep it.
No, it's okay. If it makes no sense to have it then... *shrug* I guess I'll just keep the free merit for now.

I have to disagree. If this was just about knowing the north, sure. but it also reduces the difficulty to navigate to any known location by 2. Imagine going into the Underworld, and coming out in a different part of Creation. You can more easily navigate your way back than anyone else. And if it's a Difficulty 5 roll, that Merit reduces it to a Difficulty 3, which is much more manageable, and if you have Survival 5, and Perception or Wits 5 (whichever would apply on the roll), you will likely not even need to spend motes on an Excellency to succeed.

That's fair! I think that circumstance is so rare as to be not very fun as a power, and as a storyteller you definitely have to go out of your way to contrive a reason your players have to navigate back to somewhere they've been, but it's really hard to find again, and failure is interesting, but that's not a player's problem directly. In any difficult navigation task the time scales involved almost certainly make spending motes trivial, as you'll regenerate them all well before you arrive unless you get ambushed very early after setting out, so you really need a task that challenges a maxed excellency plus any other navigation Charms you have to make it mechanically relevant. In reality I think I'd treat the Merit as just making you auto-succeed on a task like that, because if it's going to trigger very rarely it had better be impactful when it does trigger.

I was even looking at Ride Charms but will we be riding much?
That's one you can easily control! You can tame and train an exotic mount and ride it into battle, or ride it any time you need to move quickly. It might even be a flying mount. Basically, you can ride as much as you want to ride, barring places your mount is too large to fit inside! You can ride your flaming horse right into someone's manor if you don't mind setting the curtains on fire.

That's one you can easily control! You can tame and train an exotic mount and ride it into battle, or ride it any time you need to move quickly. It might even be a flying mount. Basically, you can ride as much as you want to ride, barring places your mount is too large to fit inside! You can ride your flaming horse right into someone's manor if you don't mind setting the curtains on fire.
But will there be a need to ride?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back