• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice [OOC] - To Stand Against the Crimson Tide

Main
Here
Characters
Here
That's 46 XP. You have 80 to spend. Do remember you need to meet the ability minimums for your Charms, and I see you have some Charms that require Medicine 5. Make sure to buy those up to their minimums, too.

Work is pretty busy right now. A CVP is excited about something, and you never want to be on the wrong side of an excited CVP. I'll try to update Friday. Garret succeeded spectacularly, so I'm thinking he'll get a free attack action. The Blackscale will probably go all slasher on someone. We need someone to get injured so Equusheart has someone to heal 😆. I'm thinking Droplets can make an intimidate roll to scatter the survivors of her spell, or maybe I'll just decide there were no survivors, since only her zombie horde is really threatened right now. Without stakes, combat isn't worth it.

We're close to introducing Sayuri and Nott, possibly as big damn heroes coming to help with the market fight and supervise, respectively.

That's 46 XP. You have 80 to spend. Do remember you need to meet the ability minimums for your Charms, and I see you have some Charms that require Medicine 5. Make sure to buy those up to their minimums, too.

Work is pretty busy right now. A CVP is excited about something, and you never want to be on the wrong side of an excited CVP. I'll try to update Friday. Garret succeeded spectacularly, so I'm thinking he'll get a free attack action. The Blackscale will probably go all slasher on someone. We need someone to get injured so Equusheart has someone to heal 😆. I'm thinking Droplets can make an intimidate roll to scatter the survivors of her spell, or maybe I'll just decide there were no survivors, since only her zombie horde is really threatened right now. Without stakes, combat isn't worth it.

We're close to introducing Sayuri and Nott, possibly as big damn heroes coming to help with the market fight and supervise, respectively.
Oh, I thought I had 55? How much is it to get to Medicine 5?

Oh, I thought I had 55? How much is it to get to Medicine 5?
The cost to buy each type of trait is listed at the top of the characters thread.
There you will see that abilities usually cost 5exp per new dot. However, since Medicine is favored/caste for you, it only costs 4 per dot.

You have 3 dots in medicine. To get it up to 5, you have to buy 2 more dots. Each dots costs 4exp, so buying two would cost 8.

You likely want to do the same for Archery and maybe one or two more abilities :)

Okay, then.... let me recalculate some things
I don't think there's any rush by the way. By all means fiddle with it, but it's not necessary for you to have spent all your exp before your first post. Take your time, and bug us if something is confusing.

I'm thinking Droplets can make an intimidate roll to scatter the survivors of her spell, or maybe I'll just decide there were no survivors, since only her zombie horde is really threatened right now. Without stakes, combat isn't worth it.

Droplets would love to either Intimidate the survivors, or instill an Intimacy of Fear towards her in them, and have them flee, at least, those who make it out alive, since the spell continues to roll Essence dice of damage till no successes are rolled.

That is based on their resolve, not appearance.
#Just2eThings

Shaping Ritual: Hymn of the Siren - Once per scene, when the necromancer successfully influences a target to follow her, side with her, or gain or strengthen an Intimacy towards her, she rolls (Manipulation + Performance), adding bonus dice equal to the difference between her Appearance and his if applicable. Each success generates one necromantic mote, which remains until the end of the scene.

It's applicable for Droplet's Shaping Ritual. Which means it would be easier to recast the spell upon the soon-to-be-dead priests in the temple.

Shaping Ritual: Hymn of the Siren - Once per scene, when the necromancer successfully influences a target to follow her, side with her, or gain or strengthen an Intimacy towards her, she rolls (Manipulation + Performance), adding bonus dice equal to the difference between her Appearance and his if applicable. Each success generates one necromantic mote, which remains until the end of the scene.

It's applicable for Droplet's Shaping Ritual. Which means it would be easier to recast the spell upon the soon-to-be-dead priests in the temple.
Oooh, that's cool!

Should I assume their Appearance is two? for the purpose of extra dice from difference in Appearance.
Yes, Appearance and Resolve 2.
I suspect that's a typo, and the word Resolve is missing. Much like the error in flesh sloughing wave. The book needs a few editing passes yet.

Could well be compared to their Resolve

Found this in the core book:

Appearance
While the Appearance Attribute may be rolled as part of social actions, it also has another function in social influence, granting a bonus against weak-willed characters. Those of low Resolve are more easily impressed and awed by striking, beautiful individuals, or easily intimidated by the profoundly ugly (see the Hideous Merit, p. 162).If a character’s Appearance rating is higher than his target’s Resolve, then he gains a dice bonus on all instill and persuasion attempts against that individual equal to the difference. Thus, a character with Appearance 5 attempting to use a persuade action on an individual with Resolve3 would gain a +2 bonus. This comparison is made before any bonuses to Resolve are factored in. If addressing a group (p. 220), compare Appearance to the average Resolve of the group (usually 2 or 3) to determine any appropriate bonus.

Equusheart Equusheart how are you faring? As always, if you'd like to just describe how you want your character to be in words, I can help finish the mechanics. You can tweak them later for any mistakes. Or, if you have any questions or need any additional support, let me know.

Equusheart Equusheart how are you faring? As always, if you'd like to just describe how you want your character to be in words, I can help finish the mechanics. You can tweak them later for any mistakes. Or, if you have any questions or need any additional support, let me know.
Well, I did ask about swapping XP. You said were busy so i was waiting.

That appears to be a statement, not a question! 😆 Are you asking if you can afford that? Let's see... That's 40 XP + 6 XP + 16 XP = 62/80 XP spent. So you can afford that and have 18 left.

That appears to be a statement, not a question! 😆 Are you asking if you can afford that? Let's see... That's 40 XP + 6 XP + 16 XP = 62/80 XP spent. So you can afford that and have 18 left.
Well it was a correction on what you told me earlier. Because I originally thought I only had 55 for some reason.

Garret gets a free action if he so chooses! Then the Aurochs will take its turn. If Garret chooses to attack the Aurochs, it will be a Clash.]
How does this work? I want to try and do my Decisive damage to it to try and destroy it, but I'm not familiar enough with Clash fighting to go on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back