• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice [OOC] real hero hours

pick a thing

• The paranormal monsters thing

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • The underwater thing

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • These both suck, let's do something else!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Heh. Also, the faster person helping the slower person sounds nice, except for teleportation. I mean, flying someone five pages in one turn makes sense, and it makes sense that they couldn't then just keep running for the rest of their movement, but if they are instantly teleported five pages, it seems like they should still be able to run...

Not really complaining, though, since I get that it makes sense for balance. Its just that if all powers are balanced the same, it feels like they aren't any different from one another; flying = teleportation = super-speed = leaping, they are all the same thing with different words.
I've reconsidered my stance on this. If the only reason to run it this way is for balance, then there is no reason to run it this way: as long as both teams have equal access to a tactic, the tactic is balanced by definition.

My only reservation is this: look at the distances on the map. Now imagine a character with 5 hex movement assisting another character with 5 hex movement, covering most of the map in a single page. It's even more extreme when you consider multi occupant vehicles. This isn't inherently undesirable, though, it depends on what sort of gameplay experience you're looking for.

I should also point out that there will be additional movement options available to both teams during the match, such as stationary teleporters and vehicles.

Regardless, let me know what you guys think, I can go either way on this. Whatever you feel will be most fun is the right way to play.

My thoughts are that this is a throw-away non-canon first experience, and worrying too much about balance in a situation that won't likely ever come up again is probably slowing us down. I mean, unless we will have heroes claiming nodes in the actual game, anyway.

My thoughts are that this is a throw-away non-canon first experience, and worrying too much about balance in a situation that won't likely ever come up again is probably slowing us down. I mean, unless we will have heroes claiming nodes in the actual game, anyway.
Agreed. When the idea of a practice fight was proposed, I pictured something much less elaborate: Like a field with some enemies in it. Instead, a lot of time and effort has been spent on something that won't affect the actual campaign.

Our characters aren't a sports team. They don't compete in televised matches. As soon as this intricate MOBA-esque contest ends, it'll be retroactively erased from existence. So I don't really care whether its rules are balanced.

lel. if only you knew how little effort I've actually put in. anyway, as I've said many times, I'm always open to ideas about plot and setting; as far as I'm aware, "fighting enemies in a field" is the second actual suggestion for an adventure anyone has submitted (Draidden has a suggestion earlier in the thread, which I'm still planning on using). If that's what you want to do, post the details for your idea, and we'll do that if the other players are on board.

These are the first two options that leap to my mind:

1) Villainous army! A mastermind (like Clover's creator) sends their forces to attack part of the city. Maybe they're looking for some vital mcguffin; Or trying to hurt an enemy of theirs. Maybe they've sent an army of disposable mooks; Or a few elite lieutenants. Either way, the team must beat back the invasion.

2) Urban disaster! Civilian lives are suddenly threatened by a (huge fire/collapsing building/expanding interdimensional fungus/etc). The team must rescue as many people as possible; And find ways to limit the damage. This option doesn't even need a villain. Some dangers are mindless and impersonal.

These are the first two options that leap to my mind:

1) Villainous army! A mastermind (like Clover's creator) sends their forces to attack part of the city. Maybe they're looking for some vital mcguffin; Or trying to hurt an enemy of theirs. Maybe they've sent an army of disposable mooks; Or a few elite lieutenants. Either way, the team must beat back the invasion.

2) Urban disaster! Civilian lives are suddenly threatened by a (huge fire/collapsing building/expanding interdimensional fungus/etc). The team must rescue as many people as possible; And find ways to limit the damage. This option doesn't even need a villain. Some dangers are mindless and impersonal.
I'm ready to move forward on these if nobody has any objections

I'm good with any of them. My character would probably be best at rescuing people, but the army one sounds more exciting.

I'm good with any of them. My character would probably be best at rescuing people, but the army one sounds more exciting.
Blink + teleport is an attack, a defense, mobility, and stealth at the very least. There is nothing you can't do if you believe in yourself.

Also portable storehouse, doppelganger, quick change are all open ended.

Okay roll call time. Everybody post if you're still interested by Saturday or you will be engaged in conversation by a stranger while in line at the grocery store for just a minute or two longer than you would really like.

Don't worry, I didn't ignore your suggestions. I'll use this to lead in to the actual adventure.
But the arena fight plot was non-canon. So how can it lead into the actual adventure? If we're in canon now, then our characters can't also be traveling to the stadium.

But the arena fight plot was non-canon. So how can it lead into the actual adventure? If we're in canon now, then our characters can't also be traveling to the stadium.
what i mean is, the actual non canon adventure that will replace my trash idea

what i mean is, the actual non canon adventure that will replace my trash idea
Maybe my phrasing was unclear. I'm asking how to 'describe how your character is getting there' (I.E, to the stadium), when there is no stadium. How can we be en route to an event that doesn't exist?

Maybe my phrasing was unclear. I'm asking how to 'describe how your character is getting there' (I.E, to the stadium), when there is no stadium. How can we be en route to an event that doesn't exist?
Everything described still exists. You just won't end up doing the match.

Everything described still exists. You just won't end up doing the match.
Wait, what? So our characters are still a sports team? That makes no sense. My main complaint about this scenario was that it didn't fit the setting. That's why it was non-canon in the first place. Can't we just have a clean start? It'd create a lot less headaches in the long run.

Wait, what? So our characters are still a sports team? That makes no sense. My main complaint about this scenario was that it didn't fit the setting. That's why it was non-canon in the first place. Can't we just have a clean start? It'd create a lot less headaches in the long run.

Ahh I see what you mean, sure let's do a reboot. I'll delete that post. To everyone else, forget what I said and give me some time to write a new post

Okay here's two adventures to choose from :

- Several paranormal creatures have escaped from a secret underground facility somewhere in the American midwest! Can you find and recover them before they hurt anyone?

- An underwater research station has detected something huge on their sonar and it's heading their way! The station must be evacuated and the USO (unknown swimming object) dealt with before it can endanger the researchers - and anyone else in its way!

I made a poll, let me know what sounds good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back