• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice [OOC] real hero hours

pick a thing

• The paranormal monsters thing

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • The underwater thing

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • These both suck, let's do something else!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Been so long since I looked the others over. And Zei would probably be the better person to try to go toe to go with Dino boy. Turns out Huntress is stronger too.

Sebastian is strong (7d) and his skin is very tough (armor 8d). He can run up to 50 MPH and leap 100 feet (Running and Leaping 5d). He is good at hand to hand and can deflect solid items thrown at him (Martial Arts - Deflect 10d). He is immortal, does not need to breath and regenerates fast.

Last edited:
Judging by the streams, can Sebastian get a guess at how strong dino boy is and how far can he jump? Trying to figure out if he could square off against the guy and keep him busy.

Also, how does Sidesteps teleporting work. Is it a portal or does he just vanish and reappear. And can he teleport other people?

12d leaping. Up to five hexes per page.
10d might, 8d growth. He's 25 feet tall, or about four times the size of a human (five times the size of a short king).

Perhaps it might be a good idea if we all give a brief summary of our heros powers and how they work, visually/mechanically. Then we can see if we can come up with a plan to fight this other group.

Great idea, you could even do it in character with a training montage

Zei is a fairly straightforward bruiser. She's extremely strong and resilient; Has a wide range of immunities; And can fly at 2,500 MPH. She can also travel to basically anywhere in the multiverse, if necessary. But since those powers are self-only, she probably won't use them much. Oh, and she's got a knack for languages.

TIDE HUNTRESS is strong (8d) and tough (8d). Her tentacles can stretch, allowing her to grab or hit opponents outside normal hand-to-hand range. She can use her 11d Strike as an area attack to hit multiple targets or, spend 1 Resolve to hit specific targets. She's immune to toxins, can see in the dark, and can cling to walls/ceilings. She has better-than-average Running and Leaping (5d each) and superior Swimming (6d). Importantly, she has a 10d Psi-Screen, which will probably be invaluable against Krull.

Yeah, I was thinking Tide Huntress would be best against Krull. Squid vs squid.

For Sidestep, his main power is Teleportation. It's just a travel power, but it has Imbue, so he can send people around too. I think that should be able to be used as offensive teleportation? The Blink power can be used for defense and offense, so that's 12D for dodging and stabbing by getting right behind someone and blinking through their parry. His Portable Storehouse power means he can teleport most anything he needs into his hands; I mainly intended that for utility, and got it because his Quick Change is explained the same way; he can be wearing anything he needs to be.

For the other stuff, Wall Crawling was because Nightcrawler is really cool, and Tracer with Tracking was so he/we could chase villains reliably. I figured he had a sense for his things, and where they were, because otherwise Portable Storehouse and Quick Change wouldn't work, so extending that out to things he comes into contact with seemed natural.

I am not really sure about the Transformation power, except that I imagined him blending in to crowds by putting on a mechanic's uniform, or whatever, and that seemed like the easiest way to do it.

For the upcoming match, I don't know. Sidestep could probably get past some of Cyclone's defenses, or fight Dino Might. Krull would be a challenge, but Tide Huntress can fight him. Tsunami and Surge can both change forms, so that makes things difficult unless someone else has a way to hit them.

Or we could focus less on fighting, more on capturing Nodes. Sidestep could work on trying to teleport enemies away while we capture Nodes. Do we know how big the arena is? Like, how many hexes across and all that? Do we know where the Nodes are, or do we have to find them? Can we capture the enemy base, like a Node, and prevent them from respawning? Heh.

To answer your last question first, unfortunately no - the base core can't be damaged until you own at least one node linked to it (and capturing the core ends the game). However : suppose the enemy has just captured a node, and you have seen them proceeding forward to the next one. You can pretend to retreat, while in reality, circle back around out of sight, and re-take the node they just captured. If you can do this before they take the next one, you will have locked them out of the next node (assuming they have no others linked to it) - thus, not only did they just waste time, but now they're out of position, and you have a significant advantage in map control.

In general, this game is all about being in the right place at the right time, scouting, knowing what your opponents are up to, and disrupting their strategy - in other words, mobility is at least as important as brute force.

As for the map, I will post it soon, along with guidance about how to declare your moves.

One other thing: with most travel powers, you move through every hex continuously, gaining vision in neighboring hexes as you'd expect, but also potentially revealing your location to opponents along the way. Teleportation, however, allows you to travel instantly from A to B. While this does mean that you only get vision from your starting and ending hexes, it also makes you less likely to reveal yourself to the enemy. That being said, if you have, say, 12d (5 hex) teleportation, you aren't required to only do 5 hex jumps. You can move in any way not exceeding your total movement for the turn.

I hadn't considered this aspect of teleportation until recently; I'll add it to the list of match rules. Speaking of which, when we're ready to start, I'll add all of these rules to the first post of the IC thread, so they're not scattered all over here.

Something else I just thought of : with the combination of omni power, preparation, and expertise in deception, MAESTRO may very well be able to mimic Master of Disguise and disguise himself as one of the opponents. There is no rule forbidding this.

To answer your last question first, unfortunately no - the base core can't be damaged until you own at least one node linked to it (and capturing the core ends the game). However : suppose the enemy has just captured a node, and you have seen them proceeding forward to the next one. You can pretend to retreat, while in reality, circle back around out of sight, and re-take the node they just captured. If you can do this before they take the next one, you will have locked them out of the next node (assuming they have no others linked to it) - thus, not only did they just waste time, but now they're out of position, and you have a significant advantage in map control.

In general, this game is all about being in the right place at the right time, scouting, knowing what your opponents are up to, and disrupting their strategy - in other words, mobility is at least as important as brute force.

As for the map, I will post it soon, along with guidance about how to declare your moves.

One other thing: with most travel powers, you move through every hex continuously, gaining vision in neighboring hexes as you'd expect, but also potentially revealing your location to opponents along the way. Teleportation, however, allows you to travel instantly from A to B. While this does mean that you only get vision from your starting and ending hexes, it also makes you less likely to reveal yourself to the enemy. That being said, if you have, say, 12d (5 hex) teleportation, you aren't required to only do 5 hex jumps. You can move in any way not exceeding your total movement for the turn.

I hadn't considered this aspect of teleportation until recently; I'll add it to the list of match rules. Speaking of which, when we're ready to start, I'll add all of these rules to the first post of the IC thread, so they're not scattered all over here.

Something else I just thought of : with the combination of omni power, preparation, and expertise in deception, MAESTRO may very well be able to mimic Master of Disguise and disguise himself as one of the opponents. There is no rule forbidding this.
(Evil magician laughter)

Sorry I have been so quiet. I am having a hard time picturing this arena. Hopefully when we get a map I can help with trying to come up with a plan. Truthfully I am having the most problem thinking of how Sebastian is going to be of much use in this conflict other than maybe as a decoy.

Sorry I have been so quiet. I am having a hard time picturing this arena. Hopefully when we get a map I can help with trying to come up with a plan. Truthfully I am having the most problem thinking of how Sebastian is going to be of much use in this conflict other than maybe as a decoy.
You have a flying tank with 12d weapons and an onboard supercomputer.

I should have asked. Iwas thinking they would not allow those in the arena. If they do then he can really distract the other team.

innocent whistle GIF

Sorry for not posting sooner -- major work issues that will last until the end of the month. I'm still keeping an eye on things here, though. In fact, I have a question. Does a team have to control an unbroken line of nodes to the opposing core in order to attack it?

Sorry for not posting sooner -- major work issues that will last until the end of the month. I'm still keeping an eye on things here, though. In fact, I have a question. Does a team have to control an unbroken line of nodes to the opposing core in order to attack it?
exactly. all nodes (other than your base core of course) begin neutral (uncontrolled). to take a node, you have to have a node (or your base) linked to it - so you can see that, to take any given node, or make the enemy core vulnerable, there must be at least one path of friendly links from your base to the target.

Good, because I didn't want for us to take one node and then have the opposing team teleport onto our core and capture it.

I've added a thread for the arena map and rules. It's the "Other" link. Please feel free to offer feedback and ideas for interesting stuff I can add / change.

added a rule about faster heroes helping slower ones

Also, lets keep all discussion here in the OOC thread, so people don't have to go bouncing between threads to see everything.

Last edited:
Are points awarded to the team or the character that earns them? For instance, if we split int two groups and capture 2 nodes earning 25 points for each. Can one of us them spend 30 of those to summon minions?

Heh. Also, the faster person helping the slower person sounds nice, except for teleportation. I mean, flying someone five pages in one turn makes sense, and it makes sense that they couldn't then just keep running for the rest of their movement, but if they are instantly teleported five pages, it seems like they should still be able to run...

Not really complaining, though, since I get that it makes sense for balance. Its just that if all powers are balanced the same, it feels like they aren't any different from one another; flying = teleportation = super-speed = leaping, they are all the same thing with different words.

Are points awarded to the team or the character that earns them? For instance, if we split int two groups and capture 2 nodes earning 25 points for each. Can one of us them spend 30 of those to summon minions?
They go to the team. So if you earn points, someone else can immediately spend them.

Heh. Also, the faster person helping the slower person sounds nice, except for teleportation. I mean, flying someone five pages in one turn makes sense, and it makes sense that they couldn't then just keep running for the rest of their movement, but if they are instantly teleported five pages, it seems like they should still be able to run...

Not really complaining, though, since I get that it makes sense for balance. Its just that if all powers are balanced the same, it feels like they aren't any different from one another; flying = teleportation = super-speed = leaping, they are all the same thing with different words.

Teleportation allows you to travel while avoiding any chance of detection by opponents along the way.

Super speed can be used as an attack and defense as well as a travel power.

Leaping and flight allow you to get a different perspective on the battlefield. Also, you can't hit someone in the air by hitting the ground next to them with an area effect projectile.

Finally, each of these powers give you different ways of circumventing hazards and obstacles. For example, flight and leaping are less useful in a cramped tunnel, but teleport and super speed are fine. A hero with leaping could grapple a flier out of the air, but a teleporter can just doink away. A very tall wall may stop leaping and super speed, but not teleportation or flight. Force fields can prevent teleportation. etc.

I made a minor change to how capturing nodes works. "At the start of your turn" didn't really make sense, since turns are simultaneous. Instead, nodes are captured at the start of a page. So, to capture a neutral node, at least one member of a team must be in the hex with the node at the end of a page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back