• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice [Sheets] real hero hours

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
For character sheets only, discussion in the OOC thread

standard power level : 125 pts, trait cap 12
remember, no more than 3 powers at the cap

civilian package : 32 pts
hero package : 36 pts
superhero package : 45 pts

Last edited:
Agility 8d [5]
Intellect 3d
Might 12d [9]
Perception 4d [1]
Toughness 8d [5]
Willpower 8d [5]

Superhero Package [45]
----------------------------------------

Command 4d [1]
Investigation 5d [2]
Science 5d [2]

Immunity (Environmental; Fatigue; Life Support; Toxins) [12]
Regeneration (Fast [+6]) [12]
Flight 10 [10]
Armour 12 [8]
Immortality [3]
Languages (English + 3; Polyglot [+1]) [2]
Dimensional Travel (Recharge [-4]; Signature [-1]) [1]
Star Gate (Build-up [-2]) [1]
Strike 12 [1]

Edge: 12
Health: 10
Resolve: 0

Name: Zei
Motivation: Nature
Origin: Zei is a traveller from another dimension. She has the power to walk between realities. Her accounts of past journeys are frustratingly vague. Zei prefers to live in the present. She's a cosmic drifter, who chooses destinations at random. According to her, she's on Earth for 'a while' to 'learn and help'.

Description: Zei clearly isn't human. Her skin is gray. She has long, unnaturally neat silver hair. Her eyes are solid black spheres. She never blinks or breathes. First impressions of Zei can be unsettling. But she also has a kind smile, a soft voice, and a strong sense of duty. She's not some emotionless robot. She's just a different kind of person.

Flaws:
Broke
Outsider
Unusual Looks

Last edited:
7jiKRf.jpg
Sidestep
Eric Brians
Delivery Boy

Abilities:
  • Agility: 6d
  • Intellect: 6d
  • Might: 6d
  • Perception: 6d
  • Toughness: 6d
  • Willpower: 6d

Talents:
  • Academics: 3d
  • Charm: 3d
  • Command: 3d
  • Covert: 3d
  • Investigation: 3d
  • Medicine: 3d
  • Professional: 3d
  • Science: 3d
  • Streetwise: 3d
  • Survival: 3d
  • Technology: 3d
  • Vehicles: 3d

Powers:
  • Blink: 12d
  • Portable Storehouse: Default
  • Quick Change: Default
  • Teleportation: 12d (100 miles) with Imbue
  • Tracer: Default, with Tracking
  • Transformation: Doppleganger: Default
  • Wall-Crawling: 12d

Perks:
  • Wealth
  • Contacts (4)
    • Ronald deJesus, local Red Cross representative, who gets Sidestep in touch with people who need aid work.
    • Mr. Johnson, a somewhat shady guy who knows rich people who hire Sidestep.
    • Commissioner Franco, who runs the local police department, wherever we are starting off.
    • TBD, someone who is a representative of whatever Hero organization exists in this world.

Flaws:
  • Absentminded
  • Clumsy
  • Secret Identity

Health: 6
Resolve: 0

Fairly non-descript, Sidestep is a fairly androgynous guy with messy black hair and fair skin. He isn't particularly heavy or light, and doesn't really stand out from a crowd. In costume, he wears a form-fitting grey bodysuit with an oversized black t-shirt and black boots, with a black mask over the top half of his face. It is clearly meant more for ease of motion than for protection, or to make him stand out in a crowd.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Superhero Package: 45 pts + 18 Abilities

Powers: 55 pts
  • Blink: 12 pts
  • Portable Storehouse 6 pts
  • Quick Change: 3 pts
  • Teleportation: 12 pts + 4 pts = 16 pts
  • Tracer: 3 pts + 3 pts = 6 pts
  • Transformation: Doppleganger: 6 pts
  • Wall-Crawling: 6 pts

Perks: 7 pts
  • Wealth; 3 pts
  • Contacts, 4, 4 pts

Total: 125 / 125

Name: Eric Brians

Codename: Sidestep

Civilian Occupation: Delivery Boy

Motivation: Adventure

Quote: "Just missed me."

Molly and Arthur Brians, Eric's parents. They are real-estate attorneys, and they know his identity as Sidestep. They are generally understanding of what he is spending his time doing, but they worry. They also know of a few of his safehouses around the country, and know to bring his sister there if there is ever an emergency.

Sara Brians, Eric's sister. She's a sophmore in high school, worried mostly about her boyfriend and her TikTok, instagram, and everything else. She doesn't know Eric is Sidestep, although she knows of the guy. Eric would prefer to keep it that way.

Eric was your average kid, then your average high-schooler, then your average college guy. General studies, in case it matters. He had undiagnosed ADHD, which caused him troubles in school, and led to generally poor grades, and a history of dead-end low-skill jobs.

In college, he volunteered for a paid medical study, where unknown to him he was given super-soldier serum, which didn't seem to do much of anything. Weeks later, when delivering Uber Eats to the High Energy Physics department during one of their midnight experiments, he tripped and fell into a Quantum Modulation Accelerator, which scrambled his atoms.

Since then, Eric has been able to teleport, by sort of sliding space around in a wiggly way he can't quite describe. It allows him to mark items to bring back to himself, or feel their locations. He can move around without moving, and send stuff around to places he's been. In any case, it made working for Uber Eats much easier, and faster.

His ability to transport objects undetectably and instantly has been relatively lucrative, to be honest. It is worth quite a bit, to the right employer.

Fairly non-descript, Sidestep is a fairly androgynous guy with messy black hair and fair skin. He isn't particularly heavy or light, and doesn't really stand out from a crowd. In costume, he wears a form-fitting grey bodysuit with an oversized black t-shirt and black boots, with a black mask over the top half of his face. It is clearly meant more for ease of motion than for protection, or to make him stand out in a crowd.

where does your character live? do they have a permanent residence?
1) I live with my parents. Or, rather, they live with me. At first, I tried to keep them from knowing what I could do, how I was making money, but when I bought the new house, I kind of had to let them know about where I got the money from. Anyway, its a big house, nice, we've got a pool and gym and stuff, but my parents were pretty well-to-do, and we explained it away by saying that they won some money in the lottery, so my secret's still relatively safe, as long as people think I'm mooching off them. I also own a couple of other places, of course, in case we need to hide or anything, but mostly we live in the big house.

does your character have a day job? if so, do they get along with their coworkers?
2) I'm working for Uber, still, doing food delivery. I have a little beat-up motorcycle that I drive, although I sometimes cheat. You know, teleportation. In any case, it helps, since I am very familiar with the city, and can teleport pretty much anywhere in town now. I don't really have co-workers, though, since its just gig work.

what does your character do when they're not working or beating up bad guys?
3) When I'm not driving, I play video games, pretend to study, go to some classes, stuff like that. Normal stuff.

who's the most important person in your character's life
4) My parents, Molly and Arthur Brians, of course, and my sister Sara. She doesn't know about my secret identity, or that I'm the 'lottery' that our parents won. She's still in high school. My parents are real-estate attorneys.

what's the weirdest shit Eric ever saw during a delivery?
5) Mostly drugs, or drunken shenanigans. I don't deliver drugs, of course, but working for Uber in a college town... Oh, you meant the other deliveries. I don't know. Most of the weird things are places, not things; I'm not really supposed to talk about them, much, but since I can't teleport to places I don't see or know, I've been to lots of places that people wouldn't know exist. Even within my limit, which is just about a hundred miles for one hop, there are a surprising number of secret bunkers and... Stuff I can't talk about. Taking multiple hops, I can get anywhere in America in like five minutes, even just 'porting up in the air and then going sideways for a while. It's like flying, except, you know, faster. Fun fact, Cuba is within my range, when I go to Florida. I can't really talk about Cuba, though.

Last edited:

The Mystical Maestro, Stage Magician (Working Title)
0/125 pts remaining

Superhero Package - 3d in all abilities and talents: 45 pts

Abilities: 13 pts
Agility: 6d
Intellect: 5d
Might: 3d
Perception: 6d
Toughness: 5d
Willpower: 6d

Talents: 17 pts
Academics: 4d
Charm: 8d**
Command: 3d
Covert: 8d**
Investigation: 6d
Medicine: 3d
Professional: 5d
Science: 3d
Streetwise: 4d
Survival: 3d
Technology: 3d
Vehicles: 3d

**See Expertises

Powers: 44 pts
Omni-Power 6 (Stage Magic - Broad): 30 pts
Expertise - Charm 12 (Deception and Misdirection): 2 pts
Expertise - Covert 12 (Escape Artist): 2 pts
Languages: 1 pt
Preparation: 6 pts
Weakness Detection: 3 pts

Perks: 6 pts
Fame - 3 pts
Wealth - 3 pts

Flaws:
Finite Power
Obligation (Magician career)

Motivation: Adventure

Resolve: 13

Stage assistant/bodyguard/burgeoning super
Sidekick: 0/75 pts remaining
Hero Package: 36 pts
Abilities: 10 pts
Agility: 3d
Intellect: 3d
Might: 5d
Perception: 5d
Toughness: 5d
Willpower: 7d

Talents: 6 pts
Academics: 3d
Charm: 4d
Command: 2d
Covert: 4d
Investigation: 2d
Medicine: 2d
Professional: 2d
Science: 2d
Streetwise: 2d
Survival: 2d
Technology: 3d
Vehicles: 2d

Powers: 18 pts
Boost 7 - Might (CON: Charges, 6/scene: -1 pt): 1 pt
Super Speed 7 (CON: Charges, 1/scene: -4 pts): 17 pts

Special Gear: 5 pts
Kevlar Pads (Modern, Tactical Gear - Hardened): 2 pts
"Stage Prop" Sword (Great Sword - Masterpiece, Very Powerful): 3 pts

Perks:

Flaws:
Secret (Maestro doesn't know he's a super)
Obligations (College)

Motivation: Career (Stage assistant job is dependent on tagging along on Maestro's superhero antics)

Edge: 8
Resolve: N/A

Last edited:
Vortex by Nick Law.pngName: Mirada Lopez-Ramos
Alias: TIDE HUNTRESS
Team:
Motivation:
Rescuing people

Quote: "It's okay. You're safe now."

Edge: 22
Health: 8
Resolve: 2
Hero Points:

Abilities
(26 pts.):
Agility: 8d
Intelligence: 4d
Might: 8d
Perception: 8d
Toughness: 8d
Willpower: 8d

Talents (15 pts.):
Academics: 2d
Charm: 4d
Command: 2d
Covert: 6d
Investigation: 6d
Medicine: 3d
Professional: 3d
Science: 2d
Streetwise: 4d
Survival: 3d
Technology: 2d
Vehicles: 2d

Powers (40 pts.):
Extra Limbs (Super): four tentacles; 3 pts.
Expertise (Trained): Paramedic (based on Medicine), +4d; 2 pts.
Expertise (Trained); Watercraft (based on Vehicles), +2d; 1 pt.
Immunity: Toxins (Super); 3 pts.
Languages (Trained): English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian, Hindi; Pro: Polyglot; 2 pts.
Leaping (Super): +1d (5d total); 1 pt.
Lightning Reflexes (Super); 3 pts.
Martial Arts (Trained): +2d (10d total); 2 pts.
Psi-screen (Psychic): +2d (10d total); 2 pts.
Running (Super): +2d (5d total); 2 pts.
Stretching (Super): Rank 1, Con: Long Reach; 1 pt.
Strike (Super): +1d (11d total), Pros: Sweep, Selective; 9 pts.
Super Sense (Super): Night Vision; 3 pts.
Swimming (Super): 6d; 3 pts.
Wall-crawling (Super): 6d; 3 pts.

Perks (4 pts.):
Unique Vehicle: (see below); 1 pt.
Wealth: 3 pts.

Hero Package: (36 pts.)

Total Cost: 125 pts.

Flaws:
Code:
Won't kill.
Unusual Looks: Alluring, but the tentacles, webbed hands, and webbed feet tend to put people off.
Vulnerability: Ensnare (physical only; not grapples), because nets are a thing when you're a fish.

Unique Vehicle: "Hot Water" (submersible boat; 25 vehicle pts.)
Body: 11d; 11 vpts.
Speed: 7d; 7 vpts.
Control: 3d; 6 vpts.

Communications System (2 vpts.); Hidden Compartments (1 vpt.); Passengers: 4 (1 vpt.); Security System (1 vpt.); Submersible (2 vpts.); Swimming (-4 vpts.); Transforming (-2 vpts.)

Origin: Thrown from her sailboat, Mirada thought she was going to drown. Instead, she mysteriously transformed into the TIDE HUNTRESS. Now, she spends her time rescuing those who find themselves in trouble on the water and catching criminals at sea.

Mirada Lopez-Ramos was born into an immigrant family. Her father, Alejandro Ramos, was a teacher in Cuba, but fled to America, finding employment at a shipyard. He was also an accomplished trumpet player, and though he was never famous, he became a fixture in the musical community, playing with numerous local bands.

Mirada's mother, Sedanna (Lopez), was also Cuban (by way of Mexico). For a brief time during the 1990's, she was "The Crusher," the most popular female wrestler in the Spanish-speaking world. But rivals, jealous of her fame, conspired to derail her career. As her stardom faded, she met Alejandro at a dance club. They fell in love immediately and wed soon after.

The two worked hard to provide a good upbringing for their children, and Mirada enjoyed a solidly middle-class childhood. She did not stand out academically, but she was an excellent athlete. At her mother's insistence, she studied martial arts, eventually competing in several regional tournaments with some success. It was enough to earn sufficient scholarship and grant money to go to college, though she still had to support herself with a variety of on-campus jobs and some modeling work.

Her graduation was the last time Mirada and her family were all together. Out of the blue, her father suffered a fatal heart attack. She didn't know how to deal with the tragedy, so she took to the sea in her father's sailboat, Agua Caliente, and tried and make sense of what happened. Lost in thought, she failed to notice the wind shift. The sail's boom swung around and knocked her into the ocean.

Mirada was so surprised that she forgot to hold her breath. She reflexively inhaled the cold salt water ... and didn't die painfully. In fact, she was actually breathing the water and felt completely fine, except for her back which was still smarting from where the boom hit her. As she hung there, just below the waves, she noticed that her skin color had changed to blue with some red markings. Stranger still, there was now webbing between her fingers and toes. She experienced several frantic moments before realizing that the tentacles attached to her back weren't an attacking octopus. Somehow, she had transformed.

She swam effortlessly and quickly caught up to the drifting Agua Caliente. Before climbing aboard, however, she was struck with the thought that she might not be able to breathe air anymore. But, a few experimental breaths with her head above the surface confirmed that she still could, and once she was safely back on the boat, she set sail for home.

Despite the complications her new form brought, Mirada did not hide from the world, though it did take some time for her to figure out what she was going to do with her life. She was already a licensed paramedic, but riding around in ambulances was no longer practical. By chance, she came to the aid of a couple whose boat had capsized and afterwards kicked herself for missing the obvious: she should be helping people who got into trouble on the water.

For her first "superhero adventure," she decided to assist with wildlife rescue efforts following an oil spill, and it was something of debacle. In no time, she was covered in sticky black goo with her arms (and tentacles) full of assorted, squirming, oil-coated animals. After slogging through the thick sludge on shore to reach the rescue station, one of the workers said, "We're going to need a lot more Dawn."

Thankfully, things improved after that. She forged a successful partnership with the Coast Guard and began producing popular videos on boating safety and ocean fishing. She adopted the moniker TIDE HUNTRESS for professional reasons, securing several carefully chosen, lucrative sponsorships -- not Proctor & Gamble, though, despite their strenuous efforts to convince her to represent Tide brand laundry detergent.

Sedanna, Mirada's mother and now a successful financial planner, received a $128M settlement from the various individuals and organizations who had sabotaged her wrestling career. She gave a portion to each of her children, effectively setting them up for life. Mirada used part of her money to purchase a custom submersible boat to help with her rescue work. She named it "Hot Water" in reference to her father's sailboat, which the family still lovingly cares for.

Currently, Mirada is still involved in water rescues, but has branched out into social and environmental activism and some crime-fighting. Her efforts to stop drug trafficking have made enemies of several local gangs and earned her the unwanted attention of international drug cartels. This has forced Mirada and her family to greatly increase their personal security measures, a situation that she regrets causing.

Last edited:
Hero Name: Timber

Birth Name: Sebastian Wolf
Job/Career: Multi Billionaire

Edge: 8
Health: 7
Resolve: 5

ABILITIES
  • Agility: 3d
  • Intellect: 4d
  • Might: 7d
  • Perception: 4d
  • Toughness: 6d
  • Willpower: 6d

TALENTS
  • Academics: 5d
  • Charm: 3d
  • Command: 5d
  • Covert: 6d
  • Investigation: 5d
  • Medicine: 3d
  • Professional: 6d
  • Science: 3d
  • Streetwise: 4d
  • Survival: 3d
  • Technology: 4d
  • Vehicles: 5d

POWERS
  • Armor: 8d
His skin is very tough and most types of standard weapons and bullets just bounce off.
  • Immortality
  • Immunity – Life Support
Although he can eat and breath and such, being immortal he does not need to.
  • Leaping: 5d
Due to his enhanced strength he can make leaps up to 100 feet with ease.
  • Martial Arts – Deflect Missiles: 10d

During his extensive life he has learned many types of martial skills and has adapted them to create his own unique style of fighting, using his enhanced
strength and dense skin to allow him to swat physical projectiles out of the air.

• Regeneration – Fast
No matter how much damage he takes his body starts healing after 1 minute.
  • Running: 5d

His enhanced strength allows him to run up to 50 mph without effort.

PERKS
  • Authority (3 points)
  • Headquarters (6 points)
Communications 2, Data Store 1, Defenses 2, Energy Systems 1, Maintenance Bays 1, Personnel 1, Reinforced 1, Science Lab 1, Security System 1,
Workshop 1, Hidden 1, Living Areas 1, Training Facility 2
  • Unique Vehicle (4 points)
Body: 9, Land - Speed: 7d, Control: 4d, Fly – Speed: 9d, Control: 5d, Swim – Speed: 7d, Control: 4d, Weapons 12d, Disguise 2, Flight 2, Integrated AI 10d,
Personal 2, Running 0, Security System 1, Sensors 10, Submersible 2, Swimming -4, Transforms -2, Unique System – Communications, Extra Passenger 1.
  • Wealthy (6 points)

FLAWS
  • Amnesia (+1 Resolve)

He woke up in an depression/hole in the ground about 3500 years ago and has no memory of how he got there or who he was before he woke up. So far, no
amount of searching has revealed anything.

• Enemy (+1 Resolve)
I will leave this up to the GM. It could be someone who is upset at some of his business dealings or a super he has helped bring to justice before.
  • Relationships (+1 Resolve)

He only has a few close friends. One of these is a 22 year old man, Sebastian Jr., who he has raised as a son and is grooming him to switch places once he
gets old enough. Junior knows about his powers and knows the danger he is in if Sebastian's enemies come after him. Another is Walter, his “Butler”. He
pretty much runs Sebastian's Estate and handles the day to day concerns.

Motivation : Currently Sebastian has decided to use his wealth and power to try to make the world a better place. He is starting with this city. He uses his wealth to try and help small business people struggling to get by with their family owned and run businesses. He looks for ones that have been around for a long time and have a good reputation and ones that are being forced out by the larger, greedier, companies. He either silently backs them or will form a partnership with them strictly to lend them his power and finances to help fight off the larger companies.

Origin/Background

Sebastian Wolf. As good a name as any. I have no idea what my original name was. You see I awoke in a hole in the ground several centuries ago. I had no idea who I was or how I came to be in the hole. The hole could have been made by a heavy impact or it could have been someone breaking out from being buried underneath. I could not tell which. There were no burn marks just dirt and small rocks everywhere. I was in a clearing in a forest on what would later become known as North America. In my long life, or maybe it is lives, I have lived with the Native Americans and had to avoid them too. In the early years they were very superstitious. Some saw me as a god and others a devil and tried to kill me. It never stuck. Sometimes I chose to move on and other times I had no choice as several of them had seen me die and there was no way to explain my sudden life. Of course there were a couple times when it was fun to show back up after they thought they killed me and get my revenge. But that was then.

Over the years I have learned and adapted to the changes. I learned about money and how possessing it can get you just about anything you want if you have enough. Being immortal, I had plenty of time to acquire wealth. I also found that once I had it, it was easier to explain my longevity. I would adopt a child whose features were close to mine. Raise them, giving them my name, and telling them about me and what I expected from them. When they reached the appropriate age I would assume their life as the heir to my fortune. It was surprising how much just small changes, like a hair style and coloring could fool most people into thinking I was someone completely different. Of course once plastic surgery was perfected it became even easier.

Now I did not just kick these people to the curb after I assumed their life. They were always given a very nice place to live with plenty of money to get by. And sometimes I even brought them back to assume the role of the aging father, just so people could actually see “me” grow old and die.

I have always known of those people call “the supers”. Sometimes I have interacted with them as allies and sometimes I have fought them. Sometimes I was on the side of good and others not. You get bored sometimes when you live forever and I slipped into some bad habits on more than one occasion. But now with the world advancing as it has I can see the need for the Superheroes. And now that one of the biggest has vanished, the Super Villains are starting to come out of the woodwork. I want to put together a group of likeminded supers who want to help society and not crush it. I have the resources to do this I just need to find the right people to help. I was trying to help Omnious before he vanished. Course all I was doing was gathering info and relaying it to him. I may be tough, strong and hard to keep dead, but I was nothing compared to him.

So now I have this huge hidden compound, an awesome vehicle and the AI that comes with them. I now need to gather a group. But I will gather them as an equal. I will let the AI play the part of the secretive boss that we hear but never see. And I am just someone that is working with/for him.

Oh you are curious about the AI? Well I call her Mother. It is not as grand as me making him. I found him about 50 years ago. I stumbled upon this compound and for some reason it recognized me as a friend and let me in. It had no prior knowledge of me, at least that it has admitted to, but its bio scans said I was granted access. So now after years of getting to know him, we work together to increase, or at least maintain, my wealth. And now we are taking on the endeavor of trying to create a group of supers to help fight off the wave of evil that is descending on this area. For not we stick with this area. Later if it seems feasible we can expand outwards.

Headquarters

Large complex that’s entrance is hidden in the ocean (assuming our starting city is near the ocean). It is concealed and looks just like the rock wall it is part of. That tube leads into the motor pool, which has room for several vehicles but currently only has a few. This complex has almost everything. Living quarters, gymnasium, pool, comms room, control room, medical facilities and even a science lab. All are currently stocked with normal tech, but there is room to upgrade them if we find the need. There is even a small movie theater and an arcade room. The most advanced room is the training room. I have no idea how it works, but you can run simulations in it that have you fighting or dealing with anyone or anything. Just ask the computer and give it your parameters and away you go. Closest thing I have seen to it is the holodeck from Star Trek Next Generation. The whole place is run and maintained by Mother and the droids she controls. Don’t get too excited, these are not futuristic robots. These things don’t look even close to humanoid. Think rumba, vacuum cleaner, floor washer and waxer machine like in the grocery store. Although the ones I call maid do have a central post with several arms so they can clean dishes, dust and pick things up and put them away. Hopefully I can find some super smart techie that can help us make some really cool robots like in Star Wars.

The Vehicle

Or Baby, as I call it. I would love to claim credit for this wonder, but it was found in the compound. It looked straight out of a sci-fi movie. At first I was thinking I could not use it outside because it would just stick out too much. But then Mother informed me it can look like just about anything you want. So we worked together and came up with the truck. It can go literally anywhere on this planet. In just a few short seconds it can change its configuration to make it a plane, a boat, or a submarine. It has comms so it can be in touch with Mother or anyone else in the world, no matter where it is. It also has a sensors package that can use radar, thermal imaging, night vision. You can zoom in on things. And last it is armored and armed to the teeth. This thing can probably out maneuver and shoot almost anything on this planet. Supers not included.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back