• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice [OOC] real hero hours

pick a thing

• The paranormal monsters thing

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • The underwater thing

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • These both suck, let's do something else!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
by the way, i sent you an invite for the space game on Mythweavers Sara Sidereal Sara Sidereal
hey thanks bud! just so you know, for now, I won't be joining any new games - I need some time to see just how much time / energy this game will take up (I'm also playing in another game, but that one only meets every other week). I just don't want to commit to something and then immediately be the guy who always holds up the game, y'know? So for now, don't wait for me to start the game. If this gets going in full swing and I think I can handle another commitment, I'll let you know.

hey thanks bud! just so you know, for now, I won't be joining any new games - I need some time to see just how much time / energy this game will take up (I'm also playing in another game, but that one only meets every other week). I just don't want to commit to something and then immediately be the guy who always holds up the game, y'know? So for now, don't wait for me to start the game. If this gets going in full swing and I think I can handle another commitment, I'll let you know.
fair fair :)

Did you post some details about this showdown competition? If not could you give a brief run down of it?

All will be explained, but the short version is that it's basically like a competitive sport for superheroes. Your team is in the semi-finals this weekend! We're all very proud.

Wait, I thought that supers were supposed to be rare. Did that get changed at some point?
They are, but remember you guys are in a big city at the moment - and supers tend to go where they're needed, or where the money is.

Also remember this is the non-canon one-shot so I can do whatever I want :p

Sizniche Sizniche
Would you like to retcon your post, or do you guys want to skip to the weekend? Either is fine. Could always get some last minute training in!

Celestra Celestra
That's a great idea! Give me a little bit to put something together. In fact, have a resolve for that.

The following is stuff that every contestant knows.

When a hero is defeated, they are instantly (on the same page) teleported to their base, with half health. If they had not already moved that page, they can move normally and leave the base if they wish. However, the base power core restores 2 health every page to all friendly heroes in the base - so it's a choice between returning to the fight right away, or trading your limited time for more staying power.

All healing, whether it's from regeneration, your base, or another source, takes place at the start of your turn. So the base starts healing you the page after you get teleported there.

The action takes place on a system of hexes that will determine who you can see and affect.
Everyone in a hex is no further than Close Range from each other.
Everyone in a hex adjacent to you is no further than Distant Range from you.
You can see everyone in your own hex and adjacent hexes, unless they're invisible or otherwise hidden in some way.
Regardless, you always know the location and status of your teammates.
Vision and other senses are shared for the purposes of detecting opponents; if you can see or otherwise sense an enemy, everyone on your team also senses that enemy in the same way.

One page equals 30 seconds of time in the match.

Some powers work a little differently :

A hero with Telepathy can use an action to sense the presence of minds in one hex, up to 2 hexes from their current position. Defenses against being sensed (Psi-Screen, Telepathy) function normally. Unlike most actions, a telepath can only do this once per turn. For each mind detected, this only reveals its presence - it does not tell the telepath which mind they've sensed, nor anything about the character's status. A telepath automatically senses minds in the same hex as them, again subject to the usual defenses. Telepaths are unable to read minds during the match, nor can they perform mind probes. The various pros and cons for Telepathy function as usual.

If you have regeneration, you may use a free action to regain a single point of health at some time during the match.
Fast and instant regeneration function as normal.

By default, it takes one page to travel one hex. If you have a travel power, you can move one additional hex for every 3 ranks of that power. This includes teleportation.

Dimensional travel doesn't allow you to move faster than normal. However, you can shift dimensions. If you do, you effectively don't exist until the start of your next turn. This allows you to avoid attacks, but also means you can't help your allies for that page.

Certain powers are forbidden in this competition. For example, using Star Gate : Portal to send an opponent to Mars or Banish to send them to the Shadow Realm will cause your team to be disqualified. In general, don't do anything to remove your opponents from the match or the physical grounds. If you're unsure, just ask me first. (I went through everyone's abilities and didn't see anything else you should need to be concerned about.)

Capturing a node awards 25 points. Defeating an enemy hero awards 20 points.
You can spend 30 points to summon a group of six minions to your base. They immediately set out in the direction of the enemy base, attacking nodes and opponents along the way. These minions basically look like Map Bot from Five Nights at Freddies : Security Breach, except one arm is replaced by a plasma blaster. These minions always have a Threat of 6d. Defeating one minion awards 3 points.

Attacking a node :

A Hostile node has 8 health, and rolls 4d as a passive defense against all attacks and special effects. You can use any sort of attack against a node, even mental ones. You can also use Special Effects like Dazzle and such, and these deal damage to the node equal to their net successes just like regular attacks.
Once defeated, a Hostile node becomes Neutral. As long as at least one member of your team is in the same hex as a Neutral node, it will be captured automatically at the start of that teammate's turn - unless an opponent is also in the hex at that time. In this case, the node is contested, preventing its capture.

You also know that unfair BS will be introduced to the arena as the match progresses, much of it being provided by twitch chat. This is different for every match, and can't be predicted.

Last edited:
Also : as the match goes on, if it isn't working out as well as I'd hoped, or if you guys aren't feeling it, there are certainly solutions : we can skip to the end of the match, or I can interrupt it with something (hopefully) more interesting, or you can suggest some other alternative. Remember, the whole point of this is just to get everyone comfortable with the rules; as long as that's accomplished, it doesn't really matter to me what we do.

Also also, if you want to know more about any specific power, like how it works narratively, you can ask here. Any information you could reasonably get from watching a stream will be provided.

Judging by the streams, can Sebastian get a guess at how strong dino boy is and how far can he jump? Trying to figure out if he could square off against the guy and keep him busy.

Also, how does Sidesteps teleporting work. Is it a portal or does he just vanish and reappear. And can he teleport other people?

Perhaps it might be a good idea if we all give a brief summary of our heros powers and how they work, visually/mechanically. Then we can see if we can come up with a plan to fight this other group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back