• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy OOC — INHERIT THE EARTH.

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

i feel attacked ,, u sure abt that tho
yes...all my non-human applicants: though i might use ur mortality to advance plot & character developments, unless u do something incredibly stupid you are Not going to die!! there will be a point in the plot where dying from magerot will be the least of ur problems lol

THOMAS KANE.
The Imperial stealther, Hades class, that Ryan and the crew were on was a medium vessel that was filled with an entire crew and some extra. Almost everyone on the ship was former military, or at least had ties to the military. The medic was the only one who didn’t come from either, and was formerly a traveling medic who brought new technology to distant colonies. He was a sweet guy, even if he had fancied himself in the heroic throes of knighthood when joining upon this ship. His services, much like the rest of the crew, were invaluable to Ryan. He was a gentleman, gray-haired with withered hands that were the only part of himself that wouldn’t shake or sputter. He had come from a time when enhancements were not in fashion, so old age hit him hard and fast. He was easily 70 and seemed content to let himself live a natural lifespan. He spoke with an authority that wasn’t from power but from wisdom. Ryan had found herself drawn to him almost immediately on their ship, and he was perhaps the only one who didn’t revere her as their leader. Or in Petra’s case, a ‘co-leader’

Last edited:
Hey! To be clear, are the character sheets due tomorrow night or Friday night?

just fixed up a continuity error in the secret and made other various edits.. hope it's good enough! im excited!

;)

shapeshifting shapeshifting
if you want, you can look through the dnd gods here; however, there are quite a few gods in dnd, so we can definitely work with you on it. Just finding the right god for my priest was a pain in the ass so i feel ya lol

shapeshifting shapeshifting
if you want, you can look through the dnd gods here; however, there are quite a few gods in dnd, so we can definitely work with you on it. Just finding the right god for my priest was a pain in the ass so i feel ya lol
ah thank you I did take a look and picked Torm just not sure if a tiefling is supposed to worship a certain god ya know. but fuck that anyway Rev does what he want :p

Okay, I think I'm done messing with my sheet. Though I might still mess with the theme song since I'm never happy with what I choose

fun question, but in this world, is there a part of it that is less populated, and mostly surrounded by just farm land, agriculture, etc? So something like a small village?

hi hi gms leviathan. leviathan. alabast alabast ! just wanted to drop in and say that i unfortunately won't be able to submit an application! i absolutely love the planning put into this and i was super excited to try and be a part of it but i think in my excitement, i may have overlooked how much time i actually have on my hands to commit to another group rp! sorry for informing you so late but i just thought i should let you guys know! if, in the future, you open up new spots and i have more time on my hands, you can bet i'll mosey my way back here. (:

fun question, but in this world, is there a part of it that is less populated, and mostly surrounded by just farm land, agriculture, etc? So something like a small village?
heya! yeah, there is. you can make up your village in The Dales, a heavily rural region under the jurisdiction of the agricultural hub of Trynth, but in actuality are governed by a network of local councils of the villages that live there. Small settlements populate the Dales, spread out and slightly isolated from each other, minding their own business except for the occasional festival or convention of elders. The Dales are heavily rural/heavily non-populated because of their great soil--perfect for farming, and proximity to the Hallowed Glades, territory of the highly isolationist and highly hostile-to-outsiders wood elves of the Glade, who have a treaty with Trynth that mandates that no foreigner may cross the forest line without permission on pain of a swift execution by arrow.

dragonsfire dragonsfire
hmm, well, he personally doesn't have much of an opinion? He grew up in Baal-Illed, so he's seen and interacted with them enough times before he joined the church. He's more loyal to lathander (and his aasimar deva, who he mistakes as lathander) than the church itself, so unless the deva or the god has warned him against tieflings, he'd only scorn one (or one of any other species) if they get in his way of achieving the prophecy, or slandering Lathander's name.

The church-wise? I haven't really thought much about it, but I don't think the central church/more zealous ones will particularly like tieflings and do not trust them. Being seen interacting with one probably will get you a glare. However, considering it is a pretty big church, the members who are on the lower levels of the church such as artists, will be less inclined to scorn a tiefling because of the church specifically. (they might still dislike one for their own personal reasons though)

Learning of scriptures such as Infernal and Abyssal is seen as going down to the dark path by the church, with only a few managing to find some excuse; most caught don't get forgiven. The only ones in the church who can learn it are head priests and certain permitted scholars. My priest has definitely learned such languages in secret, lol, since he's more interested in solving the mysteries in history and his faith than anything else.

OH god i forgot to give this to u guys!

here's a mockup of The Illederes, and Baal-Illed the city that sits directly under it if anyone is curious~

qcbTuAu.png

sorry for the shitty doodle, but i hope this helps y'all visualize the general idea~

The city of Baal-Illed is shaped like a tiered cake, with a huge, spired elevator (of gnomish origin) shot through the middle for access to the higher levels (for an exorbitant fee, ofc.). Baal-Illed is the slums and peasant tier, with Baal-Illeda filled with the working class (middling merchants, shopkeepers, builders etc.), and Illed being for the high class, while the floating islands of Illederes are reserved for the 1%.

Haha I have to ask- was the concept of magerot partly inspired by the current pandemic?

Also- can magic in this world be used in making counterfeit gold? for example, selling a gold ring that isn't really made of gold but using magic to trick other people into thinking that it is?

Haha I have to ask- was the concept of magerot partly inspired by the current pandemic?

Also- can magic in this world be used in making counterfeit gold? for example, selling a gold ring that isn't really made of gold but using magic to trick other people into thinking that it is?
-no actually! i came up with this idea back in feb when things were Not a Trashfire, though the timing does seem a bit too coincidental lol
-yes, through illusion magic you can achieve this effect.

-no actually! i came up with this idea back in feb when things were Not a Trashfire, though the timing does seem a bit too coincidental lol
-yes, through illusion magic you can achieve this effect.
Gotcha! Well it's a really interesting and original concept

About how long would it take for someone to get good at illusion magic? And realistically, would people really be tricked by the illusion magic if magic is so prevalent in this world since people would probably be on the lookout for scams?

Also, I read through the Lore faq page, but I didn't see elves or half-elves listed in what the effects of magerot be on them

About how long would it take for someone to get good at illusion magic?
pretty long. years, probably, to reach a level considered competent. the school of illusion in D&D, which i'm basing the spell system off of, has quite a bit of spells to master.

And realistically, would people really be tricked by the illusion magic if magic is so prevalent in this world since people would probably be on the lookout for scams?
well, the average person would know about 1-3 cantrips + 1-2 1st-level spells for their work (e.g., cure wounds for your average orphanage matron or parish pastor) and that's it. while magic is prevalent, masters or those truly proficient at it aren't. low entry point, high mastery point. so yes, people would be on guard against a minor illusion, the 1 minute cantrip that many people do know how to cast, but maybe not against a 3rd level major image or a 5th level creation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back