• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy {OOC} An Adventure of Cowards

Do you want to use Discord for OOC discussions and lore debating alongside this thread?

• Yes

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • No

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
I'm a little stumped on how to integrate Mhairi into the story at the moment. She's open to plotting, if anyone wishes to work something out together.
I'd be interested! I haven't started plotting anything yet, I'm still trying to finish my character's homeland lol

Also, if anyone is particularly interested in grouping up with Arnou— let me know!

I'm already tracking Daylight Fantasy Daylight Fantasy and myself

Last edited:
_ChickenWithTeeth_ _ChickenWithTeeth_

Hello! Is it okay if I can have 4 characters in one body? If you have seen Moon Knight, it’s kind of like that. The 4 characters have been soul-binded together. The host has 3 masks on his or her belt or waist that are the other people. The person that is not a mask is the Mask-keeper/ Host. The Mask-keeper can switch places with another person by wearing their mask.

The people who are masks can communicate with each other and the Mask-keeper telepathically, and the Mask-keeper can communicate with them telepathically. On some occasions, there can be temporarily be 2 out of 4 people not masks at once. The Mask-keeper can temporarily have one other person not be a mask. When this happens, the spell that soul-bonded them makes it so that they can be no farther 30 feet from each other. For example, if one soul-binded tried running from a static Mask-keeper, once they reach the 30-foot mark, they would start running in place. If the Mask-keeper then started walking in the opposite direction the other soul-bonded person was running, the other soul-binded person would start getting dragged in the opposite direction. Two people who are not masks cannot telepathically communicate with each other.

On a normal occasion, the masks are invulnerable. Also, if the Mask-keeper gets injured and he or she switches places with another person, the mask form of the previous Mask-keeper will have glowing yellow cracks on it with severity depending on the injury. When a mask is cracked, that person can’t be swapped to, and that person will regenerate from his or her injuries, the length of time ranging from hours, to days, to even weeks depending on the injuries. A cracked mask can be broken, and if it is, that person dies. If a person is crippled, their mask form will take months to regenerate the cracks on the mask, and when the person does become Mask-keeper again, the crippling injury will still be there (Ex: If a person spine is badly broken, they will still be paralyzed the next time they become Mask-keeper).

A person in mask form that is not broken can opt to enter a ‘resting’ state every now and then that can last up to 48 hours, in which the person’s mask form will have a large glowing yellow ‘X’ on the front of their mask form. In this state, the person in their mask form is still invulnerable. If the Mask-keeper dies, another person will automatically take their place and the masks will relocate to the new body. If the other masks are resting or broke, a resting mask will take their place. If the other masks are broken, the least broken will take their place, regardless of injury. Lastly, when the Mask-keeper is sleeping, all 4 characters can talk to each other in the Mask-keeper’s dream.

Sheraga comes from Norskan, a town considered the gateway to the North in the kingdom of Jarnakkia (With a lenition of "J" so it's pronounced with a "Y" sound. Adjective Jarnakki). Here are the facts:
  • It's a large northern nation with a high volume of hills and mountains. The northernmost regions feature lush boreal forests, plus rich iron and semiprecious gemstone mines.
  • In the more southern reaches, iron-rich water drains from the hills into peat bogs. The biochemical processes here create the only known renewable iron sources in the world.
  • Norskan sits just before a well-traveled mountain pass that leads to frigid northern regions.
  • Humans and dwarves make up the overwhelming majority of the population. They typically don't discriminate against other people unless they look flagrantly monstrous or infernal/demonic, mostly due to superstition.
  • The king appoints jarls to govern regions of Jarnakkia from their homes in major towns and cities. They commonly wear iron circlets to show their position.
  • A lot of bartering happens in the marketplaces—instead of currency, merchants and consumers exchange goods and services. The most common trade commodities include iron, wood, semiprecious stones, furs, dried or salted foods, and hardy grains.
Hi! Are you okay with me copy/pasting this onto the lore page?

Gonna work on throwing in a character if that's alright with y'all. Never used a forum to roleplay before though. Any tips on how to format it all?

[ Sorry I'm late getting this finished. If there's anything I missed, let me know and I'll make adjustments]

Welcome to: The Southern Village of Marlveil "Beggar's Hollow"

Biome:
Desert

Specialty: Known as a hotspot for thieves and beggars to accumulate, Marlveil is a good place to go if you’re looking for secrets and shady deals. A “black market” of sorts, you’re bound to come across some rare items, animals, and creatures. Be warned traveler, there are no rules and there are no riches to be found in the shadows of this village. Don’t expect any help unless you’re willing to pay handsomely, and keep your treasures well hidden. Draw too much attention and you may end up as a novelty for sale in the market.

Example images:

a047400e69c870fa48e3b5a1e58dbcc9.jpg
56493340a37bc5af6365b211c86e6607.jpg
9cd30aac4d91293a0e2c9a6349904e94.jpg

Alright! Threw in my character, but... I did have a hard time trying to be as vague as possible since she kinda carries some lore with her that I wanted to get approval on first. Thoughts?

In my mind, Iyesgarth (her surname) is actually the name of the city she came from and became a fugitive in. Within that city, the nobility rules as a council that is responsible for governing. They have three levels of military/law enforcement that go according to the ascending order of Militiamen, Royal Guard, and Special Operatives (most likely to be named differently when I give it some thought). Militiamen are the lowest ranking, and work in service to the royal guard. They're the most prominent form of law enforcement, etc. and are most often the only kinds of soldiers that the lay people see.

The special operatives are more of an elite, secret group of soldiers that respond only to the direct orders of the council, attending to more political jobs like assassinations, dealing with conspiracies, and other things. They're held on a tight leash and require a special, arcane initiation that allows the council to see through their eyes and silence their voices manually.

Aris was one of those special operatives at a relatively young age and, for some reason, she's chosen to escape them (either out of a desire for her own freedom or dissatisfaction with corruption within the council. Still deciding.).

This was all just moment-inspired stuff but if y'all are cool to integrate it somehow, that'd be sick. And it would help my character a lot, lol. If not, though, I'll try to work out something less large-scale for her backstory. Let me know.

Alright! Threw in my character, but... I did have a hard time trying to be as vague as possible since she kinda carries some lore with her that I wanted to get approval on first. Thoughts?

In my mind, Iyesgarth (her surname) is actually the name of the city she came from and became a fugitive in. Within that city, the nobility rules as a council that is responsible for governing. They have three levels of military/law enforcement that go according to the ascending order of Militiamen, Royal Guard, and Special Operatives (most likely to be named differently when I give it some thought). Militiamen are the lowest ranking, and work in service to the royal guard. They're the most prominent form of law enforcement, etc. and are most often the only kinds of soldiers that the lay people see.

The special operatives are more of an elite, secret group of soldiers that respond only to the direct orders of the council, attending to more political jobs like assassinations, dealing with conspiracies, and other things. They're held on a tight leash and require a special, arcane initiation that allows the council to see through their eyes and silence their voices manually.

Aris was one of those special operatives at a relatively young age and, for some reason, she's chosen to escape them (either out of a desire for her own freedom or dissatisfaction with corruption within the council. Still deciding.).

This was all just moment-inspired stuff but if y'all are cool to integrate it somehow, that'd be sick. And it would help my character a lot, lol. If not, though, I'll try to work out something less large-scale for her backstory. Let me know.
I've actually got a written entry of the lore, culture, etc. if that makes it easier, too.

Thoughts about your character, BlueXBlood BlueXBlood :
Maybe just because the character profile is under process but you left off Iyesgarth's Talents, Abilites and Weaknesses. Also I advice to write her Strengths a bit more detailed. These will help you in fight to know what your character is exactly capable of and the others to imagine her as a companion. Also it might be just me and/or my character but I like to now how strong are the people who my character will travel along. Otherwise it's a decent wip :)

I love it! ^-^

The hierarchy system is well thought out and the addition of the operatives adds a nice, mysterious touch! I think the only things that are maybe left out are the general cardinal direction (North, Northeast, South, etc.) of Lyesgarth. Then if you find someone in a similar area, you can (optionally) add some history behind the two cities if collaboration is agreed upon. But overall, I really love the idea and look forward to a new addition to our lore page!! : D

(Also, if you need ideas on adding some details to your lore of Lyesgarth, I think Chicken has a mini post (page 4 of OOC) with ideas that you could add for said lore or checking out the "Places of Kiria" on the lore page!)

I love it! ^-^

The hierarchy system is well thought out and the addition of the operatives adds a nice, mysterious touch! I think the only things that are maybe left out are the general cardinal direction (North, Northeast, South, etc.) of Lyesgarth. Then if you find someone in a similar area, you can (optionally) add some history behind the two cities if collaboration is agreed upon. But overall, I really love the idea and look forward to a new addition to our lore page!! : D

(Also, if you need ideas on adding some details to your lore of Lyesgarth, I think Chicken has a mini post (page 4 of OOC) with ideas that you could add for said lore or checking out the "Places of Kiria" on the lore page!)
Sounds good! Hopefully this does the trick.

Iyesgarth.png

Iyesgarth, Land of Strength and Independence

Situated in the far northeastern region of Kirlia, Iyesgarth stands as a large and fortified city caught in the rolling hills between the Lost Pines Forest and a ridge of mountains to the north. Holding fervently to its value of independence, the city secludes itself with a large stone wall around its perimeter, serving as a symbol of the things it takes pride in. On the outer territories of the wall, many settlements have arisen with farms, plantations, and vineyards. These smaller villages serve as the city's attempt at gradually becoming a kingdom.

In its younger days, Iyesgarth was nothing more than a meager settlement, sustained by men of ambition with lofty visions. As it grew, though, the lineages of those men became the nobility that now governs the great city, leading it in order, justice, and prosperity.

• Iyesgarth was founded by six courageous men by the names of Heustis Polaseul, Algernon Chavanne, Clement Sublifort, Casamir Graykeeper, Ivor Bécharil, and Ozias Vimont. Old colleagues and acquaintances, connected for one reason or another and united by a single vision of creating an empire.

The journey of establishing Iyesgarth was met with many controversies, such as how the settlement should be governed and by whom. Though it managed to survive without such a system of order, with each house living in cooperation, that peace was short-lived. Heustis was a militiaman before their pilgrimage, and he had insisted that the settlement take on a more battle-ready lifestyle, envisioning the world as an unforgiving place of conquest. Clement, his least compatible colleague, opposed him in this, claiming that diplomacy was the means by which Iyesgarth would gain power in the world.

Casamir sided with Heustis, and Ivor with Clement, creating a deep rift of division amongst the leadership. Only Algernon and Ozias were left to contemplate the situation without the hateful delusions the opposing houses had developed toward each other. It was during that time that Ozias had devised a plan. A council in which each man's strength would be utilized, all for the good of Iyesgarth.

To house Polaseul, he gave the responsibility of the military, training all who were able and willing to pick up arms and protect the settlement. However, he instructed that battle should only be used to defend, and Iyesgarth would not live by the sword. To house Sublifort, he gave the task of diplomacy, entrusting them as ambassadors and representatives of Iyesgarth. He stated, though, that Iyesgarth would value nationalism and its own might, never making itself a slave to another through dependence. To House Graykeeper and Bécharil, he gave the law and its enforcement, placing justice and order within their hands.

Finally, to Algernon and House Chavanne, he gave a vision. Ozias, though efficient, was not merely a peacemaker amongst the founding fathers of Iyesgarth. He was a visionary, an oracle for the advancement of mankind. In his ambition, he saw the ability to transcend the realms and reach the gods, and it was that vision that he shared with Algernon, entrusting him with the pursuit of knowledge necessary to accomplish that.

Under Ozias' leadership and guidance, the council thrived, and Iyesgarth along with it, till it became what it is today. House Vimont remains the most esteemed of the noble houses, and each house carries its legacy within the council.

Last edited:
Thoughts about your character, BlueXBlood BlueXBlood :
Maybe just because the character profile is under process but you left off Iyesgarth's Talents, Abilites and Weaknesses. Also I advice to write her Strengths a bit more detailed. These will help you in fight to know what your character is exactly capable of and the others to imagine her as a companion. Also it might be just me and/or my character but I like to now how strong are the people who my character will travel along. Otherwise it's a decent wip :)
Thanks for the notes. I took them into consideration and adjusted my character sheet. A lot of Aris' character is still under development but hopefully this gives a decent framework to what will grow in time. Let me know your thoughts.

Sounds good! Hopefully this does the trick.

View attachment 1151866

Iyesgarth, Land of Strength and Independence

Situated in the far northeastern region of Kirlia, Iyesgarth stands as a large and fortified city caught in the rolling hills between the Lost Pines Forest and a ridge of mountains to the north. Holding fervently to its value of independence, the city secludes itself with a large stone wall around its perimeter, serving as a symbol of the things it takes pride in. On the outer territories of the wall, many settlements have arisen with farms, plantations, and vineyards. These smaller villages serve as the city's attempt at gradually becoming a kingdom.

In its younger days, Iyesgarth was nothing more than a meager settlement, sustained by men of ambition with lofty visions. As it grew, though, the lineages of those men became the nobility that now governs the great city, leading it in order, justice, and prosperity.

• Iyesgarth was founded by six courageous men by the names of Heustis Polaseul, Algernon Chavanne, Clement Sublifort, Casamir Graykeeper, Ivor Bécharil, and Ozias Vimont. Old colleagues and acquaintances, connected for one reason or another and united by a single vision of creating an empire.

The journey of establishing Iyesgarth was met with many controversies, such as how the settlement should be governed and by whom. Though it managed to survive without such a system of order, with each house living in cooperation, that peace was short-lived. Heustis was a militiaman before their pilgrimage, and he had insisted that the settlement take on a more battle-ready lifestyle, envisioning the world as an unforgiving place of conquest. Clement, his least compatible colleague, opposed him in this, claiming that diplomacy was the means by which Iyesgarth would gain power in the world.

Casamir sided with Heustis, and Ivor with Clement, creating a deep rift of division amongst the leadership. Only Algernon and Ozias were left to contemplate the situation without the hateful delusions the opposing houses had developed toward each other. It was during that time that Ozias had devised a plan. A council in which each man's strength would be utilized, all for the good of Iyesgarth.

To house Polaseul, he gave the responsibility of the military, training all who were able and willing to pick up arms and protect the settlement. However, he instructed that battle should only be used to defend, and Iyesgarth would not live by the sword. To house Sublifort, he gave the task of diplomacy, entrusting them as ambassadors and representatives of Iyesgarth. He stated, though, that Iyesgarth would value nationalism and its own might, never making itself a slave to another through dependence. To House Graykeeper and Bécharil, he gave the law and its enforcement, placing justice and order within their hands.

Finally, to Algernon and House Chavanne, he gave a vision. Ozias, though efficient, was not merely a peacemaker amongst the founding fathers of Iyesgarth. He was a visionary, an oracle for the advancement of mankind. In his ambition, he saw the ability to transcend the realms and reach the gods, and it was that vision that he shared with Algernon, entrusting him with the pursuit of knowledge necessary to accomplish that.

Under Ozias' leadership and guidance, the council thrived, and Iyesgarth along with it, till it became what it is today. House Vimont remains the most esteemed of the noble houses, and each house carries its legacy within the council.
Looks great! Glad you made it BlueXBlood BlueXBlood !

I’m wondering.. will we get to play politics with the kingdoms/cities behind the scenes of the roleplay? Or will everything just stay exactly the same throughout the entirety of the story?

(For example, I say ooc that Iyesgarth would like to ally with Jarnakkia or something later on in the story, or one of the houses gets exiled, changing the atmosphere of the location slightly.)

I’m wondering.. will we get to play politics with the kingdoms/cities behind the scenes of the roleplay? Or will everything just stay exactly the same throughout the entirety of the story?

(For example, I say ooc that Iyesgarth would like to ally with Jarnakkia or something later on in the story, or one of the houses gets exiled, changing the atmosphere of the location slightly.)

I imagine so. The outcasts are traveling the world, so it would make sense to at least flesh out current events in the relevant areas as we go. Some circumstances may hinder or help our characters' search in unexpected ways.

I also had an idea about Braethia falling to ruin if we ever go near there again.

If that is the case then I’m insanely excited. For all of it. This is going to be epic. ✌️✨

I think I'm mostly done refining the odd details out of Iyesgarth and Aris for now... though, now I've got another hurdle ahead of me, which is introducing and grouping Aris somehow. Spent a short while scrolling through the character list, trying to think of who she might be most compatible to start with.

Need someone that can get her hooked into the plot despite her quiet attitude... She shouldn't put up much of a fight so long as there's someone who'd want her around, for one reason or another. Thoughts?

Edit: Also, read through a couple of the discussions regarding how everyone is going to meet up eventually, and a thought crossed my mind... It'll take someone enthusiastic and charismatic, but what if one of the separate groups decided, "Hey, we're all fugitives seeking shelter and something to do, so why don't we make a secret guild for people like us?" The word could spread amongst outcasts, drawing the other characters in, and then said ringleader can propose the expedition to the cradle.

I plan to add a secret underground fight club in Iyesgarth that can be used as a starting base if we head down that route. Aris would be the first to have been hiding there from the authorities. Just spit-balling ideas.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back