• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy {OOC} An Adventure of Cowards

Do you want to use Discord for OOC discussions and lore debating alongside this thread?

• Yes

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • No

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
{UPDATED TOP POST}

-Added some new rules and infos on how this will work, go read please.
-Active player and voting system established, get to voting there are some cool ideas already proposed.

Question: hi this is about the Lore Page. When someone's idea is approved to become official lore, how do we go about posting it? I thought of 2 ways, let me know which one you think is better.

1. The creator of the idea posts it, if it is an idea that multiple people contributed, credits within that post have to be given accordingly. Leave a Cookie/Like if you vote for this one or write down an answer.
Pros: Less wait in posting the idea. Creator has full control over their content.
Cons: If the creator has ghosted we have no way of adding or modifying the info in that post unless I delete and rewrite it myself. Also as the thread piles on it might get less and less easy to look for info efficiently.

2. I am the only one posting on that page. Of course I will copy and paste exactly what you want it to be written and credit everyone involved in that idea. Leave a Heart/Love if you vote for this one or write down an answer.
Pros: Like in my top posts I do tabs and I can better organize everything into categories like have one post for creatures, one for different biomes, one Kingdoms and places etc...
Cons: If I am inactive for a long time you guys will have no way of editing or adding onto the lore. I'm thinking maybe to counter that yall can just post on the page and update/organise however you see fit but yeah and just ignore the posts I made. Or make a new pâge entirely and organise it as you see fit.
I like the first one

Up and at'em people, I've decided to make some edits to my idea above and I'm willing to rewrite it with a better way of explanation.

Realm Teleportation;
If a traveller, no realm being said, finds the same castle//chamber in their realm {ex: centaur realm, fae realm, etc.}, they can try saying a certain life or death poem that has an 80% chance of killing them and a 20% chance of actually teleporting them to a different realm of their choice, and the gods above decide whether their soul deserves it or not. The poem is something up to me, and hopefully I'll make it today or tomorrow. All realms should have the castle//chamber, giving them the chance to find it in the pits of mountains, valleys, volcanoes, and all natural locations.

Up and at'em people, I've decided to make some edits to my idea above and I'm willing to rewrite it with a better way of explanation.

Realm Teleportation;
If a traveller, no realm being said, finds the same castle//chamber in their realm {ex: centaur realm, fae realm, etc.}, they can try saying a certain life or death poem that has an 80% chance of killing them and a 20% chance of actually teleporting them to a different realm of their choice, and the gods above decide whether their soul deserves it or not. The poem is something up to me, and hopefully I'll make it today or tomorrow. All realms should have the castle//chamber, giving them the chance to find it in the pits of mountains, valleys, volcanoes, and all natural locations.
I like how low the chance of a successful teleportation is and the detail of you have to say a poem gives it an interesting twist.

I am also curious about the 'gods above' as you mentioned them. I mean personally I would prefer these god-like entities to be a bit more mysterious and well...less guard-like? I guess what I am trying to say that I imagined a Kirlia to be more chaotic, a bit like in my big favourites Dark Souls or Elden Ring in which the entities with celestial/god-like power also have their own goals, curses, enemies, agendas...Kirlia doesn't have to be on the edge of chaos like the worlds of the mentioned games, we can play with the order-chaos factor.

The other thing which isn't a personal attack against your ideas, more like a question to the others; what will we use the teleportation for? Are we planning to change realms during our adventures or this is just for certain characters with enough magic and knowledge to use it in combat/for escaping? (I would like to add that I prefer travelling with more usual methods, enjoying the journey itself but on the other hand, a teleportation could be useful to get out of a specially tough situation or just save time...

I like how low the chance of a successful teleportation is and the detail of you have to say a poem gives it an interesting twist.

I am also curious about the 'gods above' as you mentioned them. I mean personally I would prefer these god-like entities to be a bit more mysterious and well...less guard-like? I guess what I am trying to say that I imagined a Kirlia to be more chaotic, a bit like in my big favourites Dark Souls or Elden Ring in which the entities with celestial/god-like power also have their own goals, curses, enemies, agendas...Kirlia doesn't have to be on the edge of chaos like the worlds of the mentioned games, we can play with the order-chaos factor.

The other thing which isn't a personal attack against your ideas, more like a question to the others; what will we use the teleportation for? Are we planning to change realms during our adventures or this is just for certain characters with enough magic and knowledge to use it in combat/for escaping? (I would like to add that I prefer travelling with more usual methods, enjoying the journey itself but on the other hand, a teleportation could be useful to get out of a specially tough situation or just save time...
The lore suggests that it's unlikely that our characters are even aware of the differing realms beyond Kirlia, lest they have a particular expertise in occult knowledge. While having different realms does open lot's of intriguing plot points, my impression is few (if any? idk!) characters will be able to utilize this. But that is just what I've gathered!

On a side-note, very looking forward to writing with everyone! There's already so much creativity in this thread, I'm excited :captaincat:

Hello! I'm so excited for this :bishiesparklesl: I haven't been a part of an RP in almost a decade, so I'm shaking off the rust.
Same 😅 It's been a hot minute since I've done anything with RPs

The lore suggests that it's unlikely that our characters are even aware of the differing realms beyond Kirlia, lest they have a particular expertise in occult knowledge. While having different realms does open lot's of intriguing plot points, my impression is few (if any? idk!) characters will be able to utilize this. But that is just what I've gathered!
I've gathered as much as you so don't worry...that is why I am interested what is the plan with these realms if most of the characters can't even get in connection with them

Last edited:
Got my character sheet out, but couldn't find a good code for it so I kept it simple. I'll be using a code for the actual posts, though.

Hey everyone, I’ve noticed a few characters popping up and I’m super excited for when we get started! However, I’ve noticed my character doesn’t have a specific reason for searching for The Cradle, so I was curious if anyone was interesting in collaborating a bit?

They would essentially have hired my sellsword character as a bodyguard or traveling companion— whatever. If anyone is interested, let me know!

Hey everyone, I’ve noticed a few characters popping up and I’m super excited for when we get started! However, I’ve noticed my character doesn’t have a specific reason for searching for The Cradle, so I was curious if anyone was interesting in collaborating a bit?

They would essentially have hired my sellsword character as a bodyguard or traveling companion— whatever. If anyone is interested, let me know!
Hey, I'm interested in collaborating with this idea! I haven't done his backstory yet so if you have any ideas or information you'd like to share, please let me know!

Realm Teleportation;
I like the idea. But I feel like it needs to be more challenging. Realm hopping is something that is barely possible on Kirlia. I didn't really envision a set place that is built to do that if that makes sense. Maybe we can tweak it so that is isn't only done in a set place but more a ritual you have to get perfectly. For that you need to gather not only the knowledge on other realms (which is no small feat), know/learn what to do to adress/and gain the attention of the specific deity that has the power to send you there, and be extremely convincing to that powerful entity so that they may or may not be keen on sending you there. But this is all very hypothetical and very unlikely to happen unless the RP has unfolded quite a bit. But it is nice to build this asset of the lore, fleshes out the world and its possibilities a lot more.

Last edited:
Hope you're feeling better! Migraines are the worst.

I'm soooo excited to make a character 😅
Thank you 😭 As soon as I start a cool thing every time migrains decide it is the right time to shit on my life 😭

View attachment 1149195
This here had me cackling, ngl.
On Fire GIF

Got my character sheet out, but couldn't find a good code for it so I kept it simple. I'll be using a code for the actual posts, though.
No worries you don't need to code if you don't want to. Now I've got homework for you! You need to write down what Westvale is like. Is it a Kingdom/City/Region what's hte biome it is in like. Is it a strictly human civilisation or can you find of any specie living amongst them? Do they have a specialty (like wine for example) they are reputable for making...things like that :)

thanks, I'm currently thinking of the poem!

Me too, I thought of having the gods being more chaotic and has humanoid problems like rivals, lost ones, and so of the like. I feel like people would need A LOT of knowledge, experience and magical ability to help them teleport from one realm to another. Having lots of information about the other realm itself is needed, too.

I like the idea. But I feel like it needs to be more challenging. Realm hopping is something that is barely possible on Kirlia. I didn't really envision a set place that is built to do that if that makes sense. Maybe we can tweak it so that is isn't only done in a set place but more a ritual you have to get perfectly. For that you need to gather not only the knowledge on other realms (which is no small feat), know/learn what to do to adress/and gain the attention of the specific deity that has the power to send you there, and be extremely convincing to that powerful entity so that they may or may not be keen on sending you there. But this is all very hypothetical and very unlikely to happen unless the RP has unfolded quite a bit. But it is nice to build this asset of the lore, fleshes out the world and its possibilities a lot more.
That's exactly why it's 80% death. Since it's barely possible in Kirlia, you'll need a lot of special materials and knowledge since realm-hopping isn't that common. You need to firstly find the chamber//castle {that should be in every realm}, secondly is finding special books, gems, knowledge and other must find's to get there, thirdly having to gain the deity's very own attention by your works, fourthly learning the poem in the correct way, and after doing all the above, you still have the 80% chance to die in the process of saying the poem perfectly like the deity wanted.

Hey, I'm interested in collaborating with this idea! I haven't done his backstory yet so if you have any ideas or information you'd like to share, please let me know!
Well, our characters would likely meet on the road. Assuming yours is traveling alone, perhaps they thought to need some extra protection, or as I said he can be simple company. He doesn't care as long as the coin is good. If you'd like to get into specifics, we are more than welcome to discuss them. They could have known each other for a few months now, or this could be a fresh thing-- though I do like the idea of them having a bit of history together leading up to the start.

Well, our characters would likely meet on the road. Assuming yours is traveling alone, perhaps they thought to need some extra protection, or as I said he can be simple company. He doesn't care as long as the coin is good. If you'd like to get into specifics, we are more than welcome to discuss them. They could have known each other for a few months now, or this could be a fresh thing-- though I do like the idea of them having a bit of history together leading up to the start.
I also like the idea that our characters could be travelling together before the rp. My oc would probably would like extra protection after being announced missing in his home city and happened to meet yours while on the road. He could offer his company and help in exchange for some of his coins and to keep his identity a secret.

No worries you don't need to code if you don't want to. Now I've got homework for you! You need to write down what Westvale is like. Is it a Kingdom/City/Region what's hte biome it is in like. Is it a strictly human civilisation or can you find of any specie living amongst them? Do they have a specialty (like wine for example) they are reputable for making...things like that :)
What is Westvale?:
Westvale is a small Barony in the West of a larger Kingdom, Braethia, ruled by the Sylvain family. Hardly large enough to be considered a major power in the Kingdom, the war between the Barony of Westvale and the Barony of Darkmire is considered to be a small internal power struggle and nothing more by the King of Braethia, Lionel Bowstrum.

What kind of Governmental System does Westvale follow?:
Westvale, moreover, The Kingdom of Braethia-- follows the idea of feudal peerage where the ranking of nobility is as such (in order of political power)-
  1. Dukes
  2. Marquesses
  3. Earls
  4. Viscounts
  5. Barons
  6. Life Peerages (Knights)
Above them, of course, rules the King of Braethia to whom all noblemen and women swear to as their liege lord in one way or another. The King keeps a feudal council comprised of the most powerful vassals (sworn lords under him) in order to run the Kingdom based on the strengths of the lands under their control.

What types of creatures reside in Westvale?:
Westvale is home to all notably sentient races in the known world, and as long as they follow the laws as written there is very little discrimination in terms of the written law of Braethia. However, many smaller regions may have differing opinions as their local governments and even the commonfolk may have different experiences or ideas on the matter. Westvale has a history of Water Hags plaguing the swampy regions on its shared North border with Darkmire, and as such many witches and devoutly practicing mages are unwelcome in its lands. In it's southern forests, many wolves can be found in packs that typically stay away from people, but have been known to harass local farmers by killing and eating their livestock; the wolves of Westvale have inspired the wolf's head on the banner of the Barony and the namesake of the elite company of knights that protect the Barony's capital of Dun-Borough.

What is the terrain in Westvale?:
Westvale is a land comprised primarily of crystal-blue rivers, winding creeks, lush forests, rolling hills, and vast plains for farming. Many fields have been transformed into road-side vineyards from which the grapes that make the famous staple of Westvale wine are picked. In the far north of the Barony-- along its shared border with Darkmire, there are marshes and swamps infested with all sorts of ill magical creatures.

What can you find in Westvale?:
Westvale is best known for its grapes grown in the south besides the rich, flowing Rivers of Eda; Those grapes are then pressed and fermented to become it's staple of Westvale Wine. The wine itself is sold throughout the known world for a very high price due to the quality of the ingredients and the reputation its flavor has. Otherwise, it has plenty of fields for growing oats and wheat used for bread and beer throughout the Kingdom of Braethia. Its hills are host to some crude iron mines, but barely enough is mined to make it worth noting.

The towns of Westvale are mostly peaceful cobble roads and thatch houses that are erected alongside bubbling rivers and creeks. Many festivals and celebrations are held year-round, and the people are contented and lawful.

Who Rules in Westvale?:
Westvale has always been ruled the Sylvain family from its establishment only a century ago; this makes House Sylvain a fairly young family in the history of Braethia. However, since it has fallen under the rule of Arnou's father, the land has cemented itself as a wealthy and relatively powerful political player in the Kingdom. The heir apparent is Renly Sylvain.

Relations within The Kingdom:
  • Darkmire - Hostile
  • House Bowstrum - Friendly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back