• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy {OOC} An Adventure of Cowards

Do you want to use Discord for OOC discussions and lore debating alongside this thread?

• Yes

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • No

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
Obviously, I know that opens up further avenues about the Kingdom of Braethia and Darkmire, but I'll have to get to those another time!

As for Daylight Fantasy Daylight Fantasy , I'm down for that. If you have any specific events you want them to have experienced, let me know. Also, why is your character searching for the cradle?

As for Daylight Fantasy Daylight Fantasy , I'm down for that. If you have any specific events you want them to have experienced, let me know. Also, why is your character searching for the cradle?
Alrighty, I'll let you know if I come up with anything. And my character is searching for the cradle to find the medicine to his burdens and sadness.

Now those two ( Daylight Fantasy Daylight Fantasy and Aegis Aegis ) book the journey but what about the rest of us?
Most of the characters aren't working as swords available for hire, so I don't think that's a solution. Personally I don't have better idea then 'all of us just meet up randomly'. I'll think about it more (maybe similar collaborations among two characters?) but also if anyone has an idea, don't hold it back;D

I was thinking that not everybody is actually trying to find the cradle. I was thinking that most are actually sticking to the group for safety reasons or they just didn't know where else to go. The ones that are more prone t...lying could pretend like they are actually looking for it to better integrate the group but yeah.

Now those two ( Daylight Fantasy Daylight Fantasy and Aegis Aegis ) book the journey but what about the rest of us?
Most of the characters aren't working as swords available for hire, so I don't think that's a solution. Personally I don't have better idea then 'all of us just meet up randomly'. I'll think about it more (maybe similar collaborations among two characters?) but also if anyone has an idea, don't hold it back;D
My character is not technically a sword for hire but it if there is some sort of noble benifit behind it and some coin for her to live on, she would join up.

I wasn’t speaking for everyone— just our two characters! My point was that Arnou has no specific reason to find the cradle, but since he is attached to someone who does— he has a reason to join up with the rest of the party when the time comes.

I wasn’t speaking for everyone— just our two characters! My point was that Arnou has no specific reason to find the cradle, but since he is attached to someone who does— he has a reason to join up with the rest of the party when the time comes.
I know, it's just your message made me realize that others, including my character as well need a cause and way to meet up.
I was thinking that not everybody is actually trying to find the cradle. I was thinking that most are actually sticking to the group for safety reasons or they just didn't know where else to go. The ones that are more prone t...lying could pretend like they are actually looking for it to better integrate the group but yeah.
About this idea, my character's volunteering to be a liar who just wants some company. Maybe after he got thrown out or got in conflicts in some villages he was passing through because of his appearance, he decides to be a part of a group to blend in/disappear.
Not like he wouldn't like some easy money or maybe he has a hidden agendas as well...

{UPDATED TOP POST}

-Added some new rules and infos on how this will work, go read please.
-Active player and voting system established, get to voting there are some cool ideas already proposed.

Question: hi this is about the Lore Page. When someone's idea is approved to become official lore, how do we go about posting it? I thought of 2 ways, let me know which one you think is better.

1. The creator of the idea posts it, if it is an idea that multiple people contributed, credits within that post have to be given accordingly. Leave a Cookie/Like if you vote for this one or write down an answer.
Pros: Less wait in posting the idea. Creator has full control over their content.
Cons: If the creator has ghosted we have no way of adding or modifying the info in that post unless I delete and rewrite it myself. Also as the thread piles on it might get less and less easy to look for info efficiently.

2. I am the only one posting on that page. Of course I will copy and paste exactly what you want it to be written and credit everyone involved in that idea. Leave a Heart/Love if you vote for this one or write down an answer.
Pros: Like in my top posts I do tabs and I can better organize everything into categories like have one post for creatures, one for different biomes, one Kingdoms and places etc...
Cons: If I am inactive for a long time you guys will have no way of editing or adding onto the lore. I'm thinking maybe to counter that yall can just post on the page and update/organise however you see fit but yeah and just ignore the posts I made. Or make a new pâge entirely and organise it as you see fit.
ATTENTION
Hi! Last day before votes on this post are sealed, be sure to vote/let me know your opinions on this!

sorengg sorengg hi omg Fade and Ciara are either going to love or fucking hate each other 😂. Also, small detail but in your character's appearance you described her having a jacket with zipper: that might be a little too modern for a medieval fantasy. Maybe you can swap it with buttons or something along those lines?

sorengg sorengg hi omg Fade and Ciara are either going to love or fucking hate each other 😂. Also, small detail but in your character's appearance you described her having a jacket with zipper: that might be a little too modern for a medieval fantasy. Maybe you can swap it with buttons or something along those lines?
Hullloooo! Fr, It seems we gon have some dramaaaa :D. And of course! I'll switch it out rn :V

It's an easy anachronism to make, since few think about the history of closure on garments. Up until about 140 years ago, we only had buttons, laces, pins, hooks, buckles, drawstrings, and knots in the fabric of the garment itself. The snap came around in 1885, the zipper in 1906 (though it didn't see use on clothing until it was perfected in 1923), and Velcro in 1958.

For my character, I'll be making a banished person with leprosy.

In this prototype backstory, his temple's doctrine places the utmost emphasis on "purity", which actually translates to cleanliness and physical health. "Incurable" diseases of this era are not only a death sentence, but also cause for scrutiny. In his backstory, he fought in a crusade to reclaim an ancient holy site that fell into ruin as the climate changed, disease decimated its population, and nonbelievers claimed it. Being in such squalid environments, he and others were infected with various diseases including leprosy.

Those who didn't die but contracted chronic illnesses were thought to have been unclean souls irredeemable by any cleric. In an attempt to wash their hands of the problem while honoring their victory in the crusade, they were all sent on aimless pilgrimages to all corners of the world, swapping out the white tabards and surcoats with intense yellows and black steel weapons to warn others they are unclean. While some pilgrims' faith waxed, others, including my character, lost or are slowly losing faith. Regardless, they still stick to wearing yellow so that travelers they encounter know to exercise caution.

Because he is a leper, this character arc is somewhat of a race against time. I can see we have a magical healer; while it would be simple enough to just wipe away his affliction with a spell, leprosy can be an extremely cruel disease that can take a year to cure with modern medicine. What if any healing rendered simply kept him from being crippled, blinded, and further disfigured? For narrative purposes, a long-term solution must be found elsewhere, and that is the MacGuffin he seeks.

For my character, I'll be making a banished person with leprosy.

In this prototype backstory, his temple's doctrine places the utmost emphasis on "purity", which actually translates to cleanliness and physical health. "Incurable" diseases of this era are not only a death sentence, but also cause for scrutiny. In his backstory, he fought in a crusade to reclaim an ancient holy site that fell into ruin as the climate changed, disease decimated its population, and nonbelievers claimed it. Being in such squalid environments, he and others were infected with various diseases including leprosy.

Those who didn't die but contracted chronic illnesses were thought to have been unclean souls irredeemable by any cleric. In an attempt to wash their hands of the problem while honoring their victory in the crusade, they were all sent on aimless pilgrimages to all corners of the world, swapping out the white tabards and surcoats with intense yellows and black steel weapons to warn others they are unclean. While some pilgrims' faith waxed, others, including my character, lost or are slowly losing faith. Regardless, they still stick to wearing yellow so that travelers they encounter know to exercise caution.

Because he is a leper, this character arc is somewhat of a race against time. I can see we have a magical healer; while it would be simple enough to just wipe away his affliction with a spell, leprosy can be an extremely cruel disease that can take a year to cure with modern medicine. What if any healing rendered simply kept him from being crippled, blinded, and further disfigured? For narrative purposes, a long-term solution must be found elsewhere, and that is the MacGuffin he seeks.
Oh my god I was just reflecting on the kind of ailments my characters had encountered and I was just researching on leprosy!!!

So what I was thinking on how it could be "cured" and/or "frozen" could go 2 ways:

For early diagnosis/developemeent, like at the start where there are only few lesions my characters tap into the patient's life force and rewire it in a way that basically triggers the patient's immune system to start self-healing with the magical guidance of my character's life force. Basically they infuse a part of their magic into your body. It is a taxing thing to do for the healer involved but as it is known: unicorns are extremely benevolent creatures. This procedure takes time and some unicorns have unfortunately passed in doing so.

Now for the more severe cases where the ilness is no longer in its early stages it gets way trickier. Usually a single unicorn isn't powerful enough to help cure the ailment completely, however with the help of a few unicorns they can help a single patient basically freeze the leprosy in its tracks. Depending on how you're going to write about the illness (if you're going the fictional route where leprosy causes your character to start loosing extremities or you're gooing the more realistic route where there can be deformities but most of the damage is a bit more discreet). Depending on the damage, water blessed by a unicorn could help repare some of the damage (loss of eyesight due to the sickness, some minor nerve damages etc...). But so far no unicorn has ever been able to truly cure leprosy, but they have become quite proficient at both alleviating a patients more painful symptoms if they stick around. And accompany a patient through their passing as painless as possible. This could be an incentive for your character to stick around with the group since Fionn will most likely throw himself at your character to try and help them alleviate the pain until they find the cradle.

Last edited:
Also riwole_ riwole_ horse creature trio!!!! YAYAYAYAYA !!!!! Also for the body type field, I added it more to know how many legs a character has or if they're a lizard or something. In Phyledeia's case she is quadrupedal (=Has 4 leggs she moves around with) :3
And omg I love Theodore and the Ciara shade lmao I full on giggled.

Xen6n Xen6n hell yeeeaaaaah bag of holding mentioned!!!

Last edited:
Oh my god I was just reflecting on the kind of ailments my characters had encountered and I was just researching on leprosy!!!

So what I was thinking on how it could be "cured" and/or "frozen" could go 2 ways:

For early diagnosis/developemeent, like at the start where there are only few lesions my characters tap into the patient's life force and rewire it in a way that basically triggers the patient's immune system to start self-healing with the magical guidance of my character's life force. Basically they infuse a part of their magic into your body. It is a taxing thing to do for the healer involved but as it is known: unicorns are extremely benevolent creatures. This procedure takes time and some unicorns have unfortunately passed in doing so.

Now for the more severe cases where the ilness is no longer in its early stages it gets way trickier. Usually a single unicorn isn't powerful enough to help cure the ailment completely, however with the help of a few unicorns they can help a single patient basically freeze the leprosy in its tracks. Depending on how you're going to write about the illness (if you're going the fictional route where leprosy causes your character to start loosing extremities or you're gooing the more realistic route where there can be deformities but most of the damage is a bit more discreet). Depending on the damage, water blessed by a unicorn could help repare some of the damage (loss of eyesight due to the sickness, some minor nerve damages etc...). But so far no unicorn has ever been able to truly cure leprosy, but they have become quite proficient at both alleviating a patients more painful symptoms if they stick around. And accompany a patient through their passing as painless as possible. This could be an incentive for your character to stick around with the group since Fionn will most likely throw himself at your character to try and help them alleviate the pain until they find the cradle.
Could be some Fionn and Imrea can bond over to as she has some herbal medical knowledge to. Use her drugs to ease pain and such.

I'll go the more realistic route. I did notice it has a long incubation period, and it's kinda difficult to nail down an exact timeline for when leprosy progresses. We'll say he's been infected for about ten years and ostracized for six, so it's had time to grow and ravage him. He'd be roped in primarily by the treatment, since at this point in his pilgrimage, doubt is creeping in regarding the existence of the cradle. The party will bolster his resolve again rather quickly, of course.

Now, other leper-pilgrims could show up in the future. Some are friendly, but others may be competitive or even hostile towards one another, viewing other crusaders as the source of their troubles. Mine would be especially unpopular with the latter, given he was one of the first to manifest signs and symptoms.

Question: are our characters, at the start of the rp, just gonna be together or are we slowly but surely adding them to the crew

Question: are our characters, at the start of the rp, just gonna be together or are we slowly but surely adding them to the crew
Relevant question. If I counted correctly, there're 11 individuals already, so all of us just meeting up out of the blue would be pretty unlikely...
- We could split our characters up to duos and trios who meet in different situations and then these small groups could meet in the same time.
- Also if there's a applicant, someone could organize/announce this sort of quest or journey but since all of our characters are wanted and the loner type, this option wouldn't be that logical.
- A third option which is more concrete is centered around a situation where strangers have to stay together for a while, for example all of us (which is still surreal I know) get on a ship to get through a river…some problem like a bounty hunter maybe will appear on the deck, we all start to suspect each other and this will be the begining of a beautiful friendship…

I think that's a fair question to ask for sure. What's the grand reason we have all come together-- whether it be as a group or smaller groups? The idea is, of course, to find The Cradle, so I imagine that would be a common theme for all the characters who have that as a part of their motivation. Perhaps, as escapist escapist suggested, we could all be on a boat travelling to an area of land where The Cradle is rumored to be. A library, guildhouse, or government building that contains a lot of information for research could be another viable candidate. Although, I can imagine that's much less exciting. Similarly to the boat idea, a caravan is another viable option.

In fact, the more I think about it, a large boat or caravan setting would be good to have smaller starting groups that could be drawn together by a larger event in the main plot. However, it is, in the end-- up the discretion of the GM. Just a few ideas in here I wanted to reinforce.

Relevant question. If I counted correctly, there're 11 individuals already, so all of us just meeting up out of the blue would be pretty unlikely...
- We could split our characters up to duos and trios who meet in different situations and then these small groups could meet in the same time.
- Also if there's a applicant, someone could organize/announce this sort of quest or journey but since all of our characters are wanted and the loner type, this option wouldn't be that logical.
- A third option which is more concrete is centered around a situation where strangers have to stay together for a while, for example all of us (which is still surreal I know) get on a ship to get through a river…some problem like a bounty hunter maybe will appear on the deck, we all start to suspect each other and this will be the begining of a beautiful friendship…
I was thinking along the lines of what escapist was saying . I think the most natural way to go about it would to divide people into smaller groups that have come together for different reasons -> threats arise that bring the groups together -> have to stick together for survival purposes.

Well, then we have to wait with casting the lot until everyone is finished with their character sheets...
In the other case if we don't want to let the group-creating to Lady Fortune, I am volunteering to be in one of the groups, so if you want to start your adventure with meeting Jac'aal, then react and we'll write something fun~

MageMantis MageMantis Hi! Love the eagerness but you need to read the rules before posting lore 😭 Neither I or the others have accepted your lore ideas,you need to post in that in here first please!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back