• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy {OOC} An Adventure of Cowards

Do you want to use Discord for OOC discussions and lore debating alongside this thread?

• Yes

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • No

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
i'm excited to see Aris too! now that you mention it, a specially made sword with onyx cross guard could fetch quite a sum...
That'd be crazy... Mind you, she will hunt you to the ends of the earth for it back. XD.

Come to think of it, Minz sounds like the type who would sell us all out for our bounties at the very end. Possibly.

sorengg sorengg Minzi and Fade both grew up in the Filman slums and are only three years apart 👀 potential for history together?
Rohan Rohan Her and Nadi both pickpocket, interesting... lol they'd either be best friends or worst enemies. _ChickenWithTeeth_ _ChickenWithTeeth_ Ciara too. if Minz ever found out about the horn strapped to her leg she'd be all too excited to make friends. might get her head bucked off in the process, but the payoff of pawning off a real unicorn horn would be worth it 😁
Ayoooo! Definitely, time to cook some lore :D

That'd be crazy... Mind you, she will hunt you to the ends of the earth for it back. XD.

Come to think of it, Minz sounds like the type who would sell us all out for our bounties at the very end. Possibly.
the idea of this little cat being the endgame double cross villain is making me cackle ngl, hopefully for all the fugitives' sake she learns to love & trust others before she gets the chance

the idea of this little cat being the endgame double cross villain is making me cackle ngl, hopefully for all the fugitives' sake she learns to love & trust others before she gets the chance
Yes ✌️ Otherwise, I'll be taking safety measures before she's taking my stuff, lol.

I was also thinking of adding a few more encounters that result in Ying-Xia showing off his Ash Regeneration ability. Probably a few physical fights with some enemies or other characters.

Hey everyone! Sorry for the short notice, my laptop will be down for a few days due to a virus ☠️

I will check in on my phone as much as possible in the mean time! I'm stoked to get plots rolling ❤️

As someone who used to GM for groups of around 15-20 in the past, one of the biggest continuous obstacles for roleplays like this is keeping everyone relevant to each other... Yes, we're all fugitives, but that's not really something that makes you want to group up and stick together. Not for everyone, at least. Yes, we're all going to be looking for the cradle at some point, but if anything, it'll most likely lead to competing instead.

It's a complex situation, but I did mention a possible workaround in another post (though, vaguely and somewhat messily). If everyone is an outcast, hunted or otherwise, the one thing that's going to likely interest everyone is a free and secret haven. It offers them shelter and a hiding place, for those who are actively in danger. I once did a roleplay somewhat similar to the whole fugitive thing, and what kept everyone together was that a character had decided to turn the group into a bandit clan. They found a hideout in the mountains, which became their base, and though they didn't need to be together at all times, it kept them consistently relevant no matter what they chose to do.

In short, what if a secret community is made or exists, and the current characters are invited to it or overhear about it, grouping all together there. That makes it easier to universally propose the idea of searching for the world's cradle, and regardless of how we might divide later on, we always have our membership in that community keeping us relevant to one another. It could be a benevolent sanctuary, or it could be some self-interested establishment that takes advantage of us in exchange for our basic necessities. Regardless, it serves the same purpose.

Sure, everyone could meet up at a tavern, but the way I see it going is that if someone fails to connect, they're just going to end up leaving eventually... Maybe I just worked with a less mature group of roleplayers before, and this group is more capable of working around something like this? Either way, that's just where my thoughts end up going.

I'm open to discussion on this.

Edit: Also, sorry if I sound a bit imposing, lol. I just get really into the solution-oriented mindset when I think about things. 😅

I really like this idea of something kind of unifying our characters! Here's my pitch, and definitely open to feedback:

The Order of Seekers
Kirlia is home to many arcane and mystic relics, their origins long forgotten and purpose unknown. These mystical artifacts often contain immense power, so much so that they present a danger to the realm should they fall into the wrong hands.

In the shadows of history, one such artifact, rumored to be a shard of a fallen god, was used in a terrible war across the sea. It wiped out an entire civilization, leaving behind nothing but scorched earth and black sand. After this apocalyptic misuse of power, the rulers of the realm convened to ensure that never again would such a relic be used to cause such death and destruction. Thus, The Order of Seekers was founded.

The Seekers were a noble order comprised of wise mages, brave warriors, and brilliant scholars all united with a singular goal: to root out and destroy and and all vestiges of power, restoring balance to the world. For centuries they were entrusted to their task. They wandered deserts for time-lost secrets, scaled mountains shrouded in legend, and delved into the deepest dungeons of the earth all for their mission. The Seekers were given the utmost respect anywhere they travelled, seen as both the guardians of the common folk and sage counsellors to rulers.

The Seekers did not fail in their mission, and this was ultimately their undoing over the next few centuries. As they rid the world of these relics, the search became more and more difficult, the artifacts less "world-destroying staff" and more "slightly magic wand". It became harder and harder to justify the Order's existence. New initiates were no longer dedicated to the Order's purpose of destroying these artifacts, but instead seeking them out for their own personal gain. The Order lost whatever political influence they once had, fading into obscurity as a loose-knit outfit of thieves, mad scholars, and other outcasts looking for aid in their quest for personal power or money. The Seekers maintain a loose network of traders, hideouts, and other resources throughout Kirlia in small Order sanctuaries from long ago. However, there is little trust among the Seeker's members; rumors are abound with betrayals, double-crosses, and outright murder. There is no vetting process, no rite of passage; one must simply declare themselves a Seeker before two others before delving into the wilds.

The one thing unifying most of these strange characters on the margins of society is their unending search for The Cradle of the World. The Seekers had always sought out the Cradle, hoping to destroy it, but never did. Now, Seekers often band together to hunt for the Cradle to actually use it for themselves, hoping to improve their odds with a diverse set of skills. Those who set out for it either return home empty-handed, or never return at all.

Last edited:
I really like this idea of something kind of unifying our characters! Here's my pitch, and definitely open to feedback:

The Order of Seekers
Kirlia is home to many arcane and mystic relics, their origins long forgotten and purpose unknown. These mystical artifacts often contain immense power, so much so that they present a danger to the realm should they fall into the wrong hands.

In the shadows of history, one such artifact, rumored to be a shard of a fallen god, was used in a terrible war across the sea. It wiped out an entire civilization, leaving behind nothing but scorched earth and black sand. After this apocalyptic misuse of power, the rulers of the realm convened to ensure that never again would such a relic be used to cause such death and destruction. Thus, The Order of Seekers was founded.

The Seekers were a noble order comprised of wise mages, brave warriors, and brilliant scholars all united with a singular goal: to root out and destroy and and all vestiges of power, restoring balance to the world. For centuries they were entrusted to their task. They wandered deserts for time-lost secrets, scaled mountains shrouded in legend, and delved into the deepest dungeons of the earth all for their mission. The Seekers were given the utmost respect anywhere they travelled, seen as both the guardians of the common folk and sage counsellors to rulers.

The Seekers did not fail in their mission, and this was ultimately their undoing over the next few centuries. As they rid the world of these relics, the search became more and more difficult, the artifacts less "world-destroying staff" and more "slightly magic wand". It became harder and harder to justify the Order's existence. New initiates were no longer dedicated to the Order's purpose of destroying these artifacts, but instead seeking them out for their own personal gain. The Order lost whatever political influence they once had, fading into obscurity as a loose-knit outfit of thieves, mad scholars, and other outcasts looking for aid in their quest for personal power. The Seekers maintain a loose network of traders, hideouts, and other resources throughout Kirlia in small Order sanctuaries from long ago. However, there is little trust among the Seeker's members; rumors are abound with betrayals, double-crosses, and outright murder. There is no vetting process, no rite of passage; one must simply declare themselves a Seeker before two others before delving into the wilds.

The one thing unifying most of these strange characters on the margins of society is their unending search for The Cradle of the World. The Seekers had always sought out the Cradle, hoping to destroy it, but never did. Now, Seekers often band together to hunt for the Cradle, hoping to improve their odds with a diverse set of skills. Those who set out for it either return home empty-handed, or never return at all.
This is really good, I could see this being a problem for the group as they traverse Kirlia to find the Cradle. I know for sure R'hllor would despise the Seekers and most likely but heads with them many times. Just like the Seekers, he has been wandering and scaling all sorts of terrains and dungeons, gathering and collecting all kinds of knowledge and artifacts.

This is really good, I could see this being a problem for the group as they traverse Kirlia to find the Cradle. I know for sure R'hllor would despise the Seekers and most likely but heads with them many times. Just like the Seekers, he has been wandering and scaling all sorts of terrains and dungeons, gathering and collecting all kinds of knowledge and artifacts.
Mmh.. I like the idea too, though my hope would’ve been that it would bring people together rather than become an enemy or competitor, lol.

In terms of a community, network, or guild, what would R’hllor find more appealing then?

Mmh.. I like the idea too, though my hope would’ve been that it would bring people together rather than become an enemy or competitor, lol.

In terms of a community, network, or guild, what would R’hllor find more appealing then?
I understand that. However seeing that our group wants to find and use the Cradle in contrast to the Seekers who find themselves wanting to destroy it will cause our group to clash with them.

As for R'hllor, he's a freelancer and lone wolf, he's been all over Kirlia and never really settled so there wasn't really any group he could connect to. But he would ally himself with various guilds if he needed thier help with some quest or problem if thier goals aligned, like in the moment cooperation kinda thing.

However, R'hllor really likes and benefit from large interconnected networks of information around Kirlia. Keeps him up to date on what's happening or happened. Also if the Seekers were against destroying arcane artifacts and focused on preserving magic, then that would appeal to him, it'll also made it easier for him to find certain artifacts if he was ever looking for any.

I was thinking of an pitch as well, soooooo here it is! ^-^
Hoping that this idea can lead to competition to those looking for it along with shaky alliances and cooperation.

The Merchants Guild.(WIP)

Though it is based in the city of Filman, The Merchant's Guild finds it's reach to even the most remote places in Kirlia. Whether it be as an contractee, an mercenary for hire, or a guild member; you're all in relation to the Merchant's Guild. Criminal? Banished? Horribly disfigured Hippo named Belliam Boshire the Third? No problem. The Merchant's guild accepts all...even if you are a horrible disfigured Hippo named Belliam Boshire the third. And as long as you acquire the crest of the Merchant's Guild, you are under the full protection of the Merchant's Guild. This crest can be obtained through becoming an member of the Merchant's Guild OR you can obtain an temporary one whilst doing an job or an contract.​

The guildmaster, whose real name and face are unknown, goes by the name 'Hermit.' Quite a crooked man or woman and is obsessed with ancient artifacts. Through black market deals and several other shady deals, Hermit has compiled an impressive amount of relics...and now has his eyes on the Cradle. Issuing the quest to find this Cradle, the Merchant's Guild was turned up on end. After all, with an quest worth a million Kronr there's bound to be a bit of uproar. And while most still think of the Cradle as an old widow's tale, there are still many competitors...including you. Grab your swords, your adventuring pack, and your horrible disfigured Hippo named Belliam Boshire the third; and set off for a dashing adventure.​

**no hippos were harmed in the making of this idea

Last edited:

Though it is based in the city of Filman, The Merchant's Guild finds it's reach to even the most remote places in Kirlia. Whether it be as an contractee, an mercenary for hire, or a guild member; you're all in relation to the Merchant's Guild. Criminal? Banished? Horribly disfigured Hippo named Belliam Boshire the Third? No problem. The Merchant's guild accepts all...even if you are a horrible disfigured Hippo named Belliam Boshire. And as long as you acquire the crest of the Merchant's Guild, you are under the full protection of the Merchant's Guild. This crest can be obtained through becoming an member of the Merchant's Guild OR you can obtain an temporary one whilst doing an job or an contract.​

The guildmaster, whose real name and face are unknown, goes by the name 'Hermit.' Quite a crooked man or woman and is obsessed with ancient artifacts. Through black market deals and several other shady deals, Hermit has compiled an impressive amount of relics...and now has his eyes on the Cradle. Issuing the quest to find this Cradle, the Merchant's Guild was turned up on end. After all, with an quest worth a million Kronr there's bound to be a bit of uproar. And while most still think of the Cradle as an old widow's tale, there are still many competitors...including you. Grab your swords, your adventuring pack, and your horrible disfigured Hippo named Belliam Boshire the third; and set off for a dashing adventure.​

Now this is someone R'hllor would have cooperated a few times with. I feel R'hllor would know the Hermit and associate with him. He wouldn't have the mark cuz he's a self-righteous asshole LOL, but he'll cooperate with them often. And seeing that they're all over Kirlia, they would a great source of information gathering, something R'hllor is extremely good at.

I could see the Hermit trying his hardest to make R'hllor a member of the guild lolz

I understand that. However seeing that our group wants to find and use the Cradle in contrast to the Seekers who find themselves wanting to destroy it will cause our group to clash with them.

As for R'hllor, he's a freelancer and lone wolf, he's been all over Kirlia and never really settled so there wasn't really any group he could connect to. But he would ally himself with various guilds if he needed thier help with some quest or problem if thier goals aligned, like in the moment cooperation kinda thing.

However, R'hllor really likes and benefit from large interconnected networks of information around Kirlia. Keeps him up to date on what's happening or happened. Also if the Seekers were against destroying arcane artifacts and focused on preserving magic, then that would appeal to him, it'll also made it easier for him to find certain artifacts if he was ever looking for any.

This might not have been clear from my original post, but my intention was basically to have it be a fallen order since they destroyed most of the really powerful artifacts, basically putting themselves out of a job. No longer bent on destroying magical items, but now just finding them and using them for each Seeker's own purpose or just outright selling them for cold hard cash. Basically a shadow of what it once was, now just a band of treasure hunters trying to loot and steal magical items for their own gain lol. Originally, like hundreds of years ago, they wanted to destroy the Cradle, but now the hope of finding it and actually using it is the only thing keeping the group of cutthroats together. Even then, there's tons of backstabbing and betrayals within the Seekers for power. Like, a group of Seekers might group up to find some artifact, only to kill eachother once they find it so that only they would get the artifact haha.

In my mind's eye, R'hllor would be a perfect candidate for the Seekers; knowledgeable about all things magic and looking for some grunts to do the dangerous work while he reaps the rewards.

Last edited:
This might not have been clear from my original post, but my intention was basically to have it be a fallen order since they destroyed most of the really powerful artifacts, basically putting themselves out of a job. No longer bent on destroying magical items, but now just finding them and using them for each Seeker's own purpose or just outright selling them for cold hard cash. Basically a shadow of what it once was, now just a band of treasure hunters now trying to loot and steal magical items for their own gain lol. Originally, like hundreds of years ago, they wanted to destroy the Cradle, but now the hope of finding it and actually using it is the only thing keeping the group of cutthroats together. Even then, there's tons of backstabbing and betrayals within the Seekers for power. Like, a group of Seekers might group up to find some artifact, only to kill eachother once they find it so that only they would get the artifact haha.

In my mind's eye, R'hllor would be a perfect candidate for the Seekers; knowledgeable about all things magic and looking for some grunts to do the dangerous work while he reaps the rewards.
Ohhhh, I get it now. If that's the case then yeah, he would have no problem cooperating with them when he needs to. Seeing how cutthroat the group is, he would play along too.

And that is true, he can be lazy at times and I could see him doing that. I guess your right, he is a perfect candidate.

Hoping that this idea can lead to competition to those looking for it along with shaky alliances and cooperation.

Though it is based in the city of Filman, The Merchant's Guild finds it's reach to even the most remote places in Kirlia. Whether it be as an contractee, an mercenary for hire, or a guild member; you're all in relation to the Merchant's Guild. Criminal? Banished? Horribly disfigured Hippo named Belliam Boshire the Third? No problem. The Merchant's guild accepts all...even if you are a horrible disfigured Hippo named Belliam Boshire the third. And as long as you acquire the crest of the Merchant's Guild, you are under the full protection of the Merchant's Guild. This crest can be obtained through becoming an member of the Merchant's Guild OR you can obtain an temporary one whilst doing an job or an contract.​

This is more of a personal preference but I enjoyed the thought of something more… illegal and thrilling, lol. Full protection from a publicly established guild does kind of neutralize a lot of the fun in being a criminal or fugitive, if that makes sense.

Thanks for pitching the idea though! We’ll see what the others gravitate toward. ^^

I find interactions flow best with 2-5 people writing for one scene. It's easier to post faster with smaller groups, gather individuals with similar interests IC and OOC, and avoid global interaction locks when if someone just decides to vanish without telling anyone.

I find interactions flow best with 2-5 people writing for one scene. It's easier to post faster with smaller groups, gather individuals with similar interests IC and OOC, and avoid global interaction locks when if someone just decides to vanish without telling anyone.
I agree, this makes the most sense. And having separate threads for each group would help keep things in order and progress the story forward. So in the event that someone does leave, it wont hinder the flow of the overall roleplay.

Also heyyyy Goon.

The only downside I see is that it'll be restricted to whoever your grouped with and it can feel isolating

I agree, this makes the most sense. And having separate threads for each group would help keep things in order and progress the story forward. So in the event that someone does leave, it wont hinder the flow of the overall roleplay.

Also heyyyy Goon.
Mmh.. that is going to require multiple GMs, no? I’m down for that if that’s an option, since I agree that it’s practical.

In the meantime, though, until I know what Chicken would want to do with things, I’m doing my best to find workarounds with the current setup. :)

What is Darkmire?:
Darkmire is a barony in the Kingdom of Braethia ruled by the Illmont Family. Due to it's recent victory in the struggle against Westvale, it has gained substantially more power and territory than it previously had; however, it's still only a moderately powerful barony in the eyes of the King, Lionel Bowstrum.

What kind of Governmental System does Darkmire follow?:

Darkmire, moreover, The Kingdom of Braethia-- follows the idea of feudal peerage where the ranking of nobility is as such (in order of political power)-

1. Dukes
  2. Marquesses
  3. Earls
  4. Viscounts
  5. Barons
  6. Life Peerages (Knights)
Above them, of course, rules the King of Braethia to whom all noblemen and women swear to as their liege lord in one way or another. The King keeps a feudal council comprised of the most powerful vassals (sworn lords under him) in order to run the Kingdom based on the strengths of the lands under their control.

What types of creatures reside in Darkmire?:
Darkmire contains a darkness within its wilds that not even thousands of settlers could quell. Every day, villagers are lost to the monsters lurking beneath the murky waters in the swamps that inhabit much of the region: alligators, giant snakes, swamp krakens (lesser krakens-- weakened by time away from the ocean, capable only of capsizing small fishing vessels), water hags, razor fish (piranha-like creatures), and there is even rumor that if someone is to drown in the water that they come back as a muck-slick corpse hungry to drag the living to join them amongst their watery grave.

What is the terrain in Darkmire?:
Darkmire is a land of swamps and forests of trees held over the tops of water by mazes of tangled roots; outside of what they took from Westvale, hardly any land is good for growing and instead Darkmire relies heavily on imports from outside areas and an active fishing community-- at least those ships brave enough to challenge the Swamps of Darkmire. Gases under the swamp provide a constant, sickly green overcast that suspends the land in a near-perpetual night while the water itself keeps humidity at a choking high. Villages are force to be erected on stands and floating planks as even the grass can hollow underneath-- suddenly giving way to a dark, sudden plunge.

What can you find in Darkmire?:
Darkmire is best known for its seafood due to its popularity among niche dining circles and the fervor by which the locals swear by its gamey, swampy taste. The Swamps of Darkmire-- in their continued unpredictability, are also home to bones sunken beneath the water and buried on the grime; hidden and hardened, these bones have steel-like resistance while being similarly hollowed and light-- perfect for armor on both people and ships.

Villages are superstitious, quiet places filled with those folk who only seek to make their living and then return home-- lanterns and light snuffed before what would be night comes to darken even the eternal black they endure as part of everyday life. Often, new expeditions into the heart of Darkmire yield only temporary holds on the wild that are reduced to ruins seen again only by the wandering fisherman or the most desperate of brigands.

Who Rules in Darkmire?:

Darkmire has been under the control of the Illmont family for centuries as they are one of its oldest dynasties and The Swamps one of its most timeless endeavors. Originally, the Illmont family was a family of noble merchants who made their wealth as stewards for the Kingdom. However, interest in the swamps seemed to pull them away from their duties to the crown, and after being released from the council much of their previous riches have been poured into developing and exploring the swamps-- keeping whatever they find inside a secret known only to the now-reclusive Illmont nobles.

Relations within The Kingdom:

• Westvale - Hostile
  • House Bowstrum - Neutral
I'm still looking for a place to put the ruins of Ermingild. Would you be interested in having it near the outskirts of Darkmire? I have a small outline of what happened to it in Sheraga's bio, but it's possible to change the outcome of the crusade and have another motivation of the Nurite clergy be to find primal magic powerful enough to reclaim their fallen city. Such a goal could also be shared by authorities in Braethia, who may feel the darkness in the swamp is becoming too much to ignore.

Last edited:
Mmh.. that is going to require multiple GMs, no? I’m down for that if that’s an option, since I agree that it’s practical.

In the meantime, though, until I know what Chicken would want to do with things, I’m doing my best to find workarounds with the current setup. :)
It might. Either way, we should acknowledge it's natural that, in any group of people of any size, not everyone's preferences will match. That could also carry over to IC, creating an interesting conflict early on as this eclectic party learns to work together. We have pariahs, runaways, and criminals of varying methodology and morality, so the GM's challenge would be to make the adversity presented by external forces sufficient to motivate them all to overcome their differences for a common goal.

I'm still looking for a place to put the ruins of Ermingild. Would you be interested in having it near the outskirts of Darkmire? I have a small outline of what happened to it in Sheraga's bio, but it's possible to change the outcome of the crusade and have another motivation of the Nurite clergy be to find primal magic powerful enough to reclaim their fallen city. Such a goal could also be shared by authorities in Braethia, who may feel the darkness in the swamp is becoming too much to ignore.
I’d be down to try this idea if you’d be cool with it being buried deep in the swamp! I was hinting at some kind of necromatic power being in it via the water being able to bring drowned people back to life as undead, so if that fits with the them or something we can kind of mix together— I’d be down! I’ll have to look more into the lore you’re talking about specifically!

The only downside I see is that it'll be restricted to whoever your grouped with and it can feel isolating
There are ups and downs to both systems, but I think avoiding the cluster of having the entire group together would be beneficial. However, if we could find a reason to stay in a semi-common location, or a reason to come back to a single place that would be great. I’ve noticed talks of guilds and whatnot here— I think someone said it before, but it might be a good idea to have us all affiliated with a centralized group that could keep us all relevant to each other.

Also, us being a part of the same group— assuming we have a hideout or hangout, could give us a central location to return to for grouping switch-ups and to exchange information or skills. Essentially, it would be our fire link shrine for those who have played Dark Souls.

I’d be down to try this idea if you’d be cool with it being buried deep in the swamp! I was hinting at some kind of necromatic power being in it via the water being able to bring drowned people back to life as undead, so if that fits with the them or something we can kind of mix together— I’d be down! I’ll have to look more into the lore you’re talking about specifically!
Sure, that could work! I purposely left the location of Ermingild a bit nebulous and only really gave a timeline for the sake of prefacing the tale of the crusade. Nurites also have a rather strong fear of putrid undead monsters, which is why most clerics and crusader officers carry a vial of holy water—to scald zombies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back