• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom One Piece: The Road To Freedom Interest Check

BlacklegSanji

Cook of the Thousand Sunny
1596654087223.png

"You want my treasure? You can have it! I left everything I gathered together in one place. Now you just have to find it!" The famous last words of Gold Roger, the king of pirates on the day of his execution. The day the lopped of his head was supposed to be the end of the great pirate era, but those words sparked a whole new generation of pirates who wanted to claim the time of king of the pirates for themselves. Pirates from every corner of the world searched the four seas and the grand line to find Rogers treasure, but none ever managed, either they gave up their search or fell prey to the navy or a rival pirate, even those once considered emperors of the seas never managed to find it.

It’s been 50 years since that day when Gold Roger spoke those words, and at least 10 years since anyone has actively sailed for it. Many labeled it a lost cause. Pirates gave up. The moved on. Tangible treasures still exist, after all, and there is still plenty of adventure available on the Grand Line. There was no need for a legend anymore. Sure, the story still has existed. Children hear it as they grow up leading to impossible dreams that are quickly shut down. Some even continue to wonder if the dream is really impossible.

Rumors have begun to spread throughout the seas. There have been claims that someone has found a clue related to the location of the one piece. To most experienced pirates it seemed like a blatant lie. But to those children who grew up hearing legends of the mythical one piece they had to check it out, after all for most of them it was their dream to some day find it. They set sail for the West Blue, to an group of islands called the Wynlem Archipelago from which the rumors were said to have come from. The Rumors have begun to spark a new generation of pirates.

Hello everyone I'm looking at starting a detailed alternate universe one piece role play. Gol D. Roger will still have existed along with the tales of his legendary treasure but that's where the similarities end. Any and all canon characters in this world will not have existed but the basics of the world will still exist such as marines, celestial dragons, yonko, shichibukai, and of course pirates.

This interest check is to both find players for this role play and to find people who are interested in taking up a role as a co-gm. I plan on having this role play very open in terms of how many people are in it and how many characters they can have but because the ships will have a fairly limited crew size and limited number of roles. So to accomplish this I am looking for co-gms. These Co-gms will run another crew separate from the one I will run and as such they will have the responsibility of making a captain character as well as plotting story lines for their crew and coordinating with myself to make conjoining story lines and their own run smoothly and efficiently as possible. This will also allow players to have a mix of story so they aren't playing the same story arcs with more than one character. Of course the amount of crews will also depend on volume so even if I have more people wanting to co-gm than I have need for crews there will still be other story elements I need help with.

As for players please comment on this post if you find yourself interested, address any concerns and ask questions, I am more than happy to answer anything regarding this role play and what I'm hoping to achieve.

Id be up for this, will there be discord at all for OOC chatter?. Got a few characters ideas in general depending on others interest.

For devil fruits I will release some guide lines with the character sheet, this will likely include a application for devil fruit powers that can either be submitted with the character sheet or through a pm to myself, they will most likely be on a first come first serve basis as I may limit the amount of users per crew because of their rarity, but not to an extreme extent, but even after those spots are gone I will continue to accept any applications for devil fruits as later in the role play if positions open up for devil fruit users (for example if someone with one has to leave the role play for some reason) or as part of a "reward" during an arc I may plan them into the story so the characters interested in obtaining them may. I also may not limit them at all so long as we have a good mix of characters with and with out them.

I've created a discord for this, so for anyone who is interested in this role play ask for a discord link

View attachment 765353

"You want my treasure? You can have it! I left everything I gathered together in one place. Now you just have to find it!" The famous last words of Gold Roger, the king of pirates on the day of his execution. The day the lopped of his head was supposed to be the end of the great pirate era, but those words sparked a whole new generation of pirates who wanted to claim the time of king of the pirates for themselves. Pirates from every corner of the world searched the four seas and the grand line to find Rogers treasure, but none ever managed, either they gave up their search or fell prey to the navy or a rival pirate, even those once considered emperors of the seas never managed to find it.

It’s been 50 years since that day when Gold Roger spoke those words, and at least 10 years since anyone has actively sailed for it. Many labeled it a lost cause. Pirates gave up. The moved on. Tangible treasures still exist, after all, and there is still plenty of adventure available on the Grand Line. There was no need for a legend anymore. Sure, the story still has existed. Children hear it as they grow up leading to impossible dreams that are quickly shut down. Some even continue to wonder if the dream is really impossible.

Rumors have begun to spread throughout the seas. There have been claims that someone has found a clue related to the location of the one piece. To most experienced pirates it seemed like a blatant lie. But to those children who grew up hearing legends of the mythical one piece they had to check it out, after all for most of them it was their dream to some day find it. They set sail for the West Blue, to an group of islands called the Wynlem Archipelago from which the rumors were said to have come from. The Rumors have begun to spark a new generation of pirates.

Hello everyone I'm looking at starting a detailed alternate universe one piece role play. Gol D. Roger will still have existed along with the tales of his legendary treasure but that's where the similarities end. Any and all canon characters in this world will not have existed but the basics of the world will still exist such as marines, celestial dragons, yonko, shichibukai, and of course pirates.

This interest check is to both find players for this role play and to find people who are interested in taking up a role as a co-gm. I plan on having this role play very open in terms of how many people are in it and how many characters they can have but because the ships will have a fairly limited crew size and limited number of roles. So to accomplish this I am looking for co-gms. These Co-gms will run another crew separate from the one I will run and as such they will have the responsibility of making a captain character as well as plotting story lines for their crew and coordinating with myself to make conjoining story lines and their own run smoothly and efficiently as possible. This will also allow players to have a mix of story so they aren't playing the same story arcs with more than one character. Of course the amount of crews will also depend on volume so even if I have more people wanting to co-gm than I have need for crews there will still be other story elements I need help with.

As for players please comment on this post if you find yourself interested, address any concerns and ask questions, I am more than happy to answer anything regarding this role play and what I'm hoping to achieve.

GUM GUM INTERESTED!

HUGE OP fan here, though I’ve only started the series 3-4 months ago. Is this still a thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back