• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom One Piece Preliminary Interest Thread

Sounds good, guys, looking forward to seeing them all. :)

AllHailDago said:
Anyone with a particularly bloodthirsty character?
Not per se, but my character has like a "phase" kinda, where he's particularly bloodthirsty.

My dwarf, in a nutshell, is an extremely hyperactive child with no sense of personal space or shame. Take that as you will.

AllHailDago said:
:( no blood thirsty besty/love interest for Jaaper
Aw, I think your character may like mine. c: But we gotte find each other first, if we don't end in the same crew. xD

Also holy damn, finding names that are One Piecy is really hard. xD

Scylla and Charybdis *shudders*

Also, I may or may not be inactive as I grievously injured my back at work and am now heavily drugged. Sorry.

@AllHailDago

I've been experimenting with different characters so far in my Private workshop and I might be leaning towards making use of my incredibly bloodthirsty kunoichi character originating from Wano. She's a "dishonored" figure and was banished from Wano after slaughtering her entire village so she could get her hands on one of the cursed blades that she was forbidden to wield by her original master.

@DaughterofAthena I just came up with a really cool new character, but I don't want to drop my old one (though I would have to adjust him). Is it possible to have multiple characters (preferably not in the same crew)?

Felix said:
@DaughterofAthena I just came up with a really cool new character, but I don't want to drop my old one (though I would have to adjust him). Is it possible to have multiple characters (preferably not in the same crew)?
Each player is allowed two characters although you may only submit an application for a devil fruit for one of them (if any) and we will work with you to ensure separate crews if you wish to be in separate crews.

DaughterofAthena said:
Each player is allowed two characters although you may only submit an application for a devil fruit for one of them (if any) and we will work with you to ensure separate crews if you wish to be in separate crews.
Then I better start working them out. Thanks!

My adjusted version of Seth is finally done.

Sétanta Igramo'El

Lavi.full.972902.jpg

Full Name: Sétanta Igramo'el

Nickname: Seth, Little Red Riding Hood, Monkey

Physical Description: Sétanta has a small, but muscular swimmers build, lean with broad shoulders and a huge chest. His skin is deeply tanned by years of living in the jungle. Various scars (also originating from the forge and jungle) and tribal tattoos make for an intriguing network of lines on his skin. His soft features make him appear much younger than he is, though only the bravest dare mention it. His green eyes always have a mischievous spark except when he is feeling down or determined (both are very rare). His hair is crimson red and appears to be almost burning in warm sunlight (like in an Indian summer). He has dark symmetrical eyebrows, a small nose and soft lips with a little scar.

He always wears his signature scarlet hood or bandana combined with either a red, black or a white shirt and a dark red long coat. He wears a black or crimson capri and refuses to wear any shoes. Most of the time he wears an eyepatch over his left eye. That way his eyes don't have to adjust to the dark, which can give a slight advantage in battle. He can also lift one layer and use the magnifying lense underneath.

Height: 5'5"

Lavi.full.1726460.jpg

Personality:

Seth has very curious nature. He can't stand it if he doesn't understand or know something. Therefore he is very eager to learn everything there is to learn about almost anything. You will often find him on unusual spots on the ship, sitting squat and observing some phenomenon. He observes, provokes reactions and asks many questions (even when there is no one around to answer). His ADHD makes this proces go at a super rapid rate. He will not rest before he discovers all there is to know or until something more interesting comes along or, in extreme cases, he faints from exhaustion. His hunger for knowledge has no boundaries. Especially nature, poison, medicine and Devil Fruits interest him, though other people make for interesting subjects as well.

As mentioned before Sétanta has a severe case of ADHD. He is very energetic and easily distracted. When there are no interesting things around he will shift his focus towards the other crew members. He loves to prank them, say inappropriate things and make weird faces to see how they react. It can be really funny and cheer you up, but it can also be awkward or downright hurtful. He has no regard for your feelings and can blurt out mean and disturbing things. He is fun to have around when you're in a good mood, but can be devilishly mean and annoying when you're not.

Seth has some serious trust issues from being banned and thrown away time after time. He has difficulty sympathizing with people or befriending people. Instead he placed his trust in animals, because they were and always will be loyal, honest and predictable. When you earned his trust he will try to become your best friend. He really cares for his loved ones, placing their needs before his own. When you're alone with him he can open up about his feelings and thoughts, but when others are around he will go back to being his annoying self. Being his friend does not mean you're safe for his pranks and jokes, but at least he will care a bit more for your feelings.

Seth can be difficult when ordered to do something. He will most likely get distracted before he finishes the task or he will do a sloppy job. That is if he doesn't defy the order in the first place. When he does see the urgency and importance of the order he will do everything in his power to do so, but that is not very often. You can count on him during a critical point in a battle or when you're on the brink of death. If he is determined he can skillfully handle the situation at hand and complete it perfectly. However, calling him 'reliable' is not really a good way to describe him.

• nature
  • animals
  • experiments
  • chemistry
  • poison
  • pranks
  • adventure
  • adrenaline
  • weird individuals

Dislikes:

• goody two shoes
  • severe people
  • authority
  • not being allowed to explore
  • being confined
  • boredom
  • being outwitted

Character Strengths:

• Curious
  • Fast learner
  • Funny
  • Courageous
  • Adventurous
  • Enthousiast
  • Energetic

Character Flaws:

• Annoying
  • Easily distracted due to overenthousiasm
  • Rash and reckless
  • Inconsiderate of feelings and social standards of others
  • Fails to see potential danger
  • Rebellious
  • Whiny

mageredhair-png.118612

Potential Position: Master Gunner (Sniper) or Doctors assistant (only for diseases, not wounds)

How do you fight?

Seth calls his own combat technique "Scarlet Swarm". The basic principle is to trap the opponent in one place and then confuse them by small attacks from multiple directions following each other at a rapid rate. When he finds the weak spots he will use fewer, but mor powerful attacks on those areas. It consists of the following attacks:

• Scarlet Spider: He sets a mechanical hunting trap and lures the enemy by taunting them. He also uses this for boobytraps for fellow crew members.
  • Scarlet Ants: poking the enemy with his jo at a rapid rate trying to find weak points on the opponents body.
  • Scarlet Mantis: a firm slash with his Jo directed to a weak spot.
  • Scarlet Mosquito: firing a lot of poisonless darts in sensitive places. (I plan to let Seth learn acupuncture during the rp so he can also disable certain body parts with this attack).
  • Scarlet Hornet: Firing a single dart dipped in a poison that causes pain. Depending on the poison it can also causes muscle spasm, fever and heart failure. These extra effect have a very long incubation time.
  • Scarlet Wasp: Firing a single dart dipped in poison with tranquilizing effect. Effects can cause delirium, immediate sleep, failing body parts and even death. The more severe effects can take days to surface.
  • Scarlet Bombardier Beetle: this is a very dangerous attack only to be used in desperate situations. When there is no other way out he will break one of his vials of poison. The toxics will evaporate and make for a poisonous vapor, which can allow Seth to escape.

Advantages: As long as the opponent stays trapped he will be difficult to harm. Even when they break free he will most likely not be harmed because he is difficult to target. Even if Seth loses the enemy will succumb to the poison later on. Good for medium range. The attacks are very fast and difficult to block.

Disadvantages: The attacks do little immediate damage, the jo attacks lack power and the poison attacks take a lot of time before the effects surface. The attacks are most effective against small groups or individuals in a prepared environment. It is of little use when fighting at sea or on a battlefield. Seth is terrible in hand-to-hand combat and long distance battles. The darts have no effect if the skin of the opponent is impenetrable.

Other skills:

He got the nickname monkey because he is very agile. He likes climbing trees and the ships masts. Experience made him a good climber. He can often be found in weird positions in weird places, observing a certain phenomenon. From up there he can see most things coming, especially when he uses his magnifying eye patch as a spyglass. He is not very fast though.

Seth has a vast knowledge on nature and animals, especially the poisonous ones. He knows how animals (and some carnivorous plants) behave in dangerous situations and how to respond. Moreover, he knows his chemistry. He knows a lot of poisons and antidotes (which can also be used as medicine) and how to extract/make them from natural ingredients.

Weapons Carried:

Setanta has a Jo (short japanese battle staff) strapped to his back which is hollowed out and doubles as a Fukiya (japanese blowgun). He has a belt with darts and various vials of poison to dip them in. He also has a simple hunting knife and rope, but he rarely uses those as weopons in battle.

Other Items:

Sétanta often carries a chemistry field set with him to extract and gather ingredients for his poison. He has a bigger set in his cabin for more precise work.

lavi%2Bd%2Bgrayman%2Bquotes.jpg

Backstory:

18 years ago a small boat washed ashore on an isolated island. The inhabitants, the Igramo'el tribe explored the ship and found a man on the brink of death who held a baby in his arms. They both made it, but the man left as soon as he recovered, leaving the baby at the tribe without saying anything about where he came from. The tribe decided to take the baby in and raise him as their own. The baby was named Sétanta.

Seth had a difficult childhood. To most tribesman and their children he was an outsider, so they discriminated him. Most of the time he would go off on his own exploring the surrounding jungle. When the tribes children would turn 8 they would go hunting. Of course Sétanta was not fit to hunt. He was too impatient, too easily distracted and too kind of heart to kill an animal. Instead they taught him how to set traps. Seth excelled at making traps, but somehow they never caught anything. After some time the tribesman found out that the traps did work, but that Sétanta freed the animals and treated their wounds. The chief decided that Sétanta should become the shaman's apprentice.

Seth loved the old shaman. He could ask him any question and the shaman would answer them the best he could. Seth learned the medicinal uses of herbs from the jungle and how to treat wounds and illnesses, but the old man would also tell him stories from the seas and other islands. Seth decided that he would go to sea one day and learn everything there is to know about the world.

It all went downhill when Seth found a mysterious fruit with swirly paterns. He brought it back to the shaman. They studied it and found out that it was a devil's fruit. Overcome by greed the shaman took a bite. It was a Mushi Mushi No Mi, so the shaman turned into an human-sized insect. When the tribesmen found out they thought the shaman was cursed by Seth's dark magic. They killed the insect and chased Sétanta off to the jungle. Seth survived in the jungle for 3 years. With a lot of sorrow and regret he started killing animals, because it was the only way to survive. In no time he knew everything there was to know about the jungle and it's inhabitants, so it became boring. After those 3 years, he decided to leave the island. He built a raft and set out to sea.

A week later a pirate ship found him aimlessly floating in the ocean. They made him choose: work for them as cabin boy or be left to rot. Seth decided to join the crew. Seth traveled with the group, until they couldn't stand his annoying behavior any more. For years without end he went from group to group: pirates, marines, merchants, abandoned, thrown away, betrayed and even sold. Seth learned a lot on all his voyages, especially that you shouldn't trust people. In the end they always want to get rid of you. Sétanta is desperate to find a group he can stick to. He is currently on his own again, looking for a ship to board, a family to belong to.

[media]

[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back