• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom One Piece Preliminary Interest Thread

Exactly! You can't have Catharsis without Tragedy! The Greeks knew that and Shakespeare knew that as well! That's why they were such good storytellers.

I don't really mind if my character gets a fruit or not..though..it'd be hilarious if a dwarf got the Love-Love fruit.

Let's find out how this color scheme looks in person. I know that this thread isn't for character sheets but I just need to see the format since I don't think I can edit my private messages after a certain period.

Insert Name Here

• Name:

Nickname:

I hope you don't mind. I'll take it down shortly, sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Elision of Ecritures]Let's find out how this color scheme looks in person. I know that this thread isn't for character sheets but I just need to see the format since I don't think I can edit my private messages after a certain period.

Insert Name Here

• Name:

Nickname:

I hope you don't mind. I'll take it down shortly, sorry.

You want me to fix it for you?

Looks like a rich text editor problem I've encountered a lot. If you're going to use coding like that, I recommend disabling the RTE at least temporarily.

[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what at least three of those words mean, but to be Honest, I trust you, so it would be very generous and I would be very grateful if you could!

[QUOTE="Elision of Ecritures]I have no idea what at least three of those words mean, but to be Honest, I trust you, so it would be very generous and I would be very grateful if you could!

[/QUOTE]
It may take a little while... I have to go tutor in 20 minutes but I'll work on it!

@DaughterofAthena[/URL], I totally sort of fixed it all on my own. Problem solved!
You sure? I've got the code all fixed...

Insert Name Here

• Name: [insert text here]

Nickname: [insert text here]

Code:

Just two quick questions:

Is it a problem if one decides to switch the OC's name after applying for a fruit? Not background or anything, just asthetic, basically.

And did you guys ban any fruits? Personally, I feel you could low-tier every fruit by having the user just not be that proficent and strong yet, but I get if you'd ban, like, the Pika-Pika or something.

Sunbather said:
Is it a problem if one decides to switch the OC's name after applying for a fruit?
Shouldn't be a problem

Sunbather said:
And did you guys ban any fruits?
We did not ban any fruits. We do have the dice rolls set up though in such a way that it is more likely to get a zoan than a paramecia and more likely to get a paramecia than a logia... to go along with the rareness of the types of fruit.

Thanks! :)

So how's everybody coming along with their characters? :) Personally, I'm close to finishing, but I still need to create a fighting style for my character. I'm tryingt to think of original stuff, but it's so hard, haha. What's everyone else doing? :)

Sunbather said:
So how's everybody coming along with their characters? :) Personally, I'm close to finishing, but I still need to create a fighting style for my character. I'm tryingt to think of original stuff, but it's so hard, haha. What's everyone else doing? :)
Here's my fighting style (though not in the format of the current skeleton)

Equipment:

Setanta has a jo (short japanese battle staff) strapped to his back which is hollowed out and doubles as a Fukiya (japanese blowgun). He has a belt with darts and various vials of poison to dip them in.

He also has a seastone speartip which he turned into a hunting knife/scalpel. It's not very effective as weapon though, because the blade is very short and will only cause a slight fatigue for devil fruit users. However it can be used to perform simple surgery on devil fruit users with hardened skins.

Misc Items:

When in the field he often carries a first aid kit with bandages, needles, threat and disinfectant. Aboard the ship he has more medical tools and a chemistry set for making medicine and extracting poisons.

Combat abilities:

Seth calls his own combat technique "Scarlet Swarm". The basic principle is to trap the opponent in one place and then confuse them by small attacks from multiple directions following each other at a rapid rate. When he finds the weak spots he will use fewer, but mor powerful attacks on those areas. It consists of the following attacks:[/left]

• Scarlet Spider: He sets a mechanical hunting trap and lures the enemy by taunting them. He also uses this for boobytraps for fellow crew members.
  • Scarlet Ants: poking the enemy with his jo at a rapid rate trying to find weak points on the opponents body.
  • Scarlet Mantis: a firm slash with his Jo directed to a weak spot.
  • Scarlet Mosquito: firing a lot of poisonless darts in sensitive places. (I plan to let Seth learn acupuncture during the rp so he can also disable certain body parts with this attack).
  • Scarlet Hornet: Firing a single dart dipped in a poison that causes pain. Depending on the poison it can also causes muscle spasm, fever and heart failure. These extra effect have a very long incubation time.
  • Scarlet Wasp: Firing a single dart dipped in poison with tranquilizing effect. Effects can cause delirium, immediate sleep, failing body parts and even death. The more severe effects can take days to surface.
  • Scarlet Bombardier Beetle: this is a very dangerous attack only to be used in desperate situations. When there is no other way out he will break one of his vials of poison. The toxics will evaporate and make for a poisonous vapor, which can allow Seth to escape.

Advantages: As long as the opponent stays trapped he will be difficult to harm. Even when they break free he will most likely not be harmed because he is difficult to target. Even if Seth loses the enemy will succumb to the poison later on. Good for medium range. The attacks are very fast and difficult to block.

Disadvantages: The attacks do little immediate damage, the jo attacks lack power and the poison attacks take a lot of time before the effects surface. The attacks are most effective against small groups or individuals in a prepared environment. It is of little use when fighting at sea or on a battlefield. Seth is terrible in hand-to-hand combat and long distance battles. The darts have no effect if the skin of the opponent is impenetrable.

Other skills:
Sétanta has a vast knowledge of wounds, diseases and medicinal plants and animal chemicals. He works swiftly and steady when treating wounds and knows what to do/make to cure almost any disease. You can be assured that you will be healthy in no time, that is, if he doesn't get distracted.

He has learned a lot about devil fruits during his research with Dr. Vegapunk. He knows a lot of different kinds and knows the basic principles of how they work. They were also working on artificial devil fruits, but that hasn't succeeded yet.

He got the nickname monkey because he is very agile. He likes climbing trees and the ships masts. He can often be found in weird positions in weird places. From up there he can see most things coming, especially when he uses his magnifying eye patch as a spyglass. He is not very fast though.

Sunbather said:
I finished my musician character. For my first version of Cait I was trying to have a Devil Fruit, but couldn't really flesh out any non-Devil Fruit combat abilities. I ended up falling back on ideas from my fishman/human hybrid musician and mixed in more of a stereotypical Irish personality with what I already had.

In a nutshell my character, Cait Merlin, is looking for her fishwoman mother, has a Natsu fiery personality, and struggles with sadness due to her mother leaving Cait's human-populated, home island when she was young.

My Doctor character's name is Finch Hawthorne. Hes a boy who was raised on a small fishing island to a loving family. But due to a disease he was immune to he had to watch his family and friends die (YAY CTHARSIS) while being quarantined by the World Government. Afterward he formed a slight hatred towards them, maybe because his vision of them being powerful and strong was broken when all they could due was seal off the island as his loved ones perished from illness. So, he decided to become a doctor with a vendetta against having Illness kill the innocent, being trained by a doctor who took him in while he also uses strong medical thread and toxon dipped needles to paralyze targets and even poison them depending on immunity. He also uses the thread to Incapacitate or choke opponents. He is quite sarcastic, as he uses humour as a defense mechanism because he has issues dealing with his past and others, and slightly socially awkward, this mixture causes people to believe he is legitimately too prideful and snobby. But is actually quite scholarly and open to friendship, just inept when it comes to starting it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back