• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom One Piece Preliminary Interest Thread

Lady Warlock

Anime RN
A Few Quick Notes

Hello to anyone and everyone who has decided to peek into this thread, either out of mere curiosity or out of a genuine interest to join a One Piece roleplay. We are happy to take anyone who is interested and we hope that we're able to create a story everyone can enjoy. If you are interested in joining a One Piece roleplay, feel free to make your interest known here although please note that - as the title implies - this is only a preliminary interest check. We do still have a lot of planning we are working on and we would like to have enough solid plot plans in place to run for a while without gaps in the story. Patience is a virtue.

Another note comes with that. Considering that we are still planning, we are still very much open to ideas on various storylines that could be brought into play. If you have any ideas that you think could fit well, feel free to share them and we'll give each and every one their due consideration. I am also currently seeking about two more GMs for this roleplay so if that is something you'd be interested in, feel free to say so or PM me.
@BlacklegSanji and @The Dark Wizard are currently the other two members involved in making this project a reality so they should be able to offer some insight as well.

Feel free to ask questions, state your interest or... even simply converse!

divider4.png

one-piece-rp-banner-jpg.251510

What Started it All Wealth. Fame. Power. Gol D. Roger, the King of the Pirates, attained this and everything else the world had to offer, and his dying words drove countless souls to the sea. "You want my treasure? You can have it! I left everything I gathered together in one place. Now, you just have to find it!"

Welcome to One Piece: The Eternal Race!

This will be a highly detailed One Piece based roleplay. The story will take place in an alternate universe so none of the canon characters exist within this world. To put it simply, they were never born. Gol D. Roger still existed and he was still killed by the marines, but beyond that, the entire world has been wiped clean for us to recreate.

The roleplay will feature three crews. Their fates are separate and also entirely intertwined. They have always been that way, tied together by bonds of friendship, rivalry and competition. Individually, their stories are complete. Together, their stories are interwoven into a tale of the century. Loose ends will come back, successes can turn to failures, strife and former friends can become enemies, all while never encountering the same players twice.

Has you interest been peaked yet?

And so our story begins...

It has been five years since anyone has actively sailed in search of the One Piece. No one found it after a decade of searching. Many labeled it a lost cause. Pirates gave up. The moved on. Tangible treasures still exist, after all, and there is still plenty of adventure available on the Grand Line. There was no need for a legend anymore. Sure, the story still has existed. Children hear it as they grow up leading to impossible dreams that are quickly shut down. Some even continue to wonder if the dream is really impossible.

Rumors are spreading. Someone, somewhere, is claiming to have a map to the One Piece. Crazy, right? Who on earth would believe such a claim? Well, you'd be surprised. This person has been last placed in the town if Mirstone in the West Blue and pirates are swarming to the island with no restraint. There haven't been this many pirates in once place for as long as living memory can remember. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing, no one seems to really care in regards to it. People are fighting. People are brawling. People are drinking. People are celebrating. Amidst it all, crews are forming.

Does this map really exist? Who is this mysterious person claiming to possess such a thing? Everyone on the island says something different and nothing matches up. One thing is for sure, though. These rumors are pulling people back into the chase, back into the hunt, back into the quest for a legend. Will you join them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sign me UP! One Piece is my favorite anime and I'm currently (almost) caught up on the manga. I could co-GM, but I will be quite busy until around mid/late April, so I probably won't be able to devote enough time into GMing it before then. I could do some less intensive things though :D

I would be interested in giving the game a go. It seems like a really interesting set-up for a game.

This looks amazing! I'm definitely interested! Maybe reuse Seth, not sure though...

The One Piece RP I wanted to join died before I even got a sheet up, so definetely interested. I haven't read One Piece in about five years but I remember bits and pieces. Still interested nonetheless ^-^

If it's One Piece, then I'm definitely, positively, without a doubt interested! Count me in!

BlacklegSanji let me in on this deal, and I'm already formulating a couple ideas for a character that could be quite a bit of fun.

Yea, lets see, I'm thinking play out a blind character again cos it's fun. Musketeer(Custom .44 revolver, longer barrel and hardwood stock set up musket) with a partner bird that helps them out. Could be an interesting duo, bright past and fairly friendly and carefree.

Then there is my other idea. Slave girl affected by Zoan fruit. Practically starving due to her drunkard and druggie father, she ate the fruit as soon as she saw it, and the father, who'd planned on selling it for more money for more drugs and drink became furious and opted to sell her instead. Obviously a more internally conflicted character full of strife and anger and other insecurities and the like.

Decisions decisions.

Anyone else slowly figuring out their plans?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back