• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom One Piece Preliminary Interest Thread

Of course I felt a little bit of animosity towards creating a character which didn't have a 'kick' as one could say, but honestly recalling an OC Guidre I was browsing, I received and retain some great advice, just because your character doesn't have an interesting history doesn't mean they can't have interesting adventures and a fun personality which can make them interesting.

[QUOTE="Elision of Ecritures]Of course I felt a little bit of animosity towards creating a character which didn't have a 'kick' as one could say, but honestly recalling an OC Guidre I was browsing, I received and retain some great advice, just because your character doesn't have an interesting history doesn't mean they can't have interesting adventures and a fun personality which can make them interesting.

[/QUOTE]
I'd honestly rather play and interact with a "plain" or mundane character that is fun to write with than someone with an overly edgy but generic history to be honest.

That being said, my cross-dressing assassin Ciero St. Portugal is about 80% finished. xD

My hyperactive dwarf will be finished later today. Just thought about a personality, as soon as I'm motivated to write it in it shall.

I think my Last One-Piece character was going to Cross-Dress at least one but never lasted long enough to do so. That was mainly because he was a anthropology majoring Historian who didn't get humans.

Mitchs98 said:
My hyperactive dwarf will be finished later today. Just thought about a personality, as soon as I'm motivated to write it in it shall.
Since my character is also pretty hyperactive I think we should not be in the same crew.

Felix said:
Since my character is also pretty hyperactive I think we should not be in the same crew.
It'd be Dwarf Fortress levels of !!FUN!! Though.

Sunbather said:
I'm not gonna lie, a hyper-active dwarf sounds terrific
Hue. She eats candy like most people eat food too.

I'm considering making a character that's the opposite of basically all my other characters that I make for RPs. Time to start her :D

If I apply for a devil fruit and get one that I don't want can I reject it and make my character without it?

[QUOTE="Elision of Ecritures]If you were to also not to like your devil fruit, could you roll for another and see if you got another you liked only once as a second chance?

[/QUOTE]
No.

[QUOTE="Elision of Ecritures]If you were to also not to like your devil fruit, could you roll for another and see if you got another you liked only once as a second chance?

[/QUOTE]
DaughterofAthena said:
The reason behind this is in your character's world, they don't get to chose what fruit happens to appear in front of them. They don't get a reroll for a 'better' fruit and neither do you as a player. It is possible to stumble upon a devil fruit within the plot granted you are a dedicated player who sticks with the roleplay so that - in a sense - is your reroll. Stick around, prove yourself and you will be rewarded for it.

[QUOTE="Elision of Ecritures]Cool, just curious. How's the progress on making the thread coming so far?

[/QUOTE]
The 'thread' is actually at attempt at a Hosted Project. We are waiting to hear back from the site admins.

DaughterofAthena said:
The reason behind this is in your character's world, they don't get to chose what fruit happens to appear in front of them. They don't get a reroll for a 'better' fruit and neither do you as a player. It is possible to stumble upon a devil fruit within the plot granted you are a dedicated player who sticks with the roleplay so that - in a sense - is your reroll. Stick around, prove yourself and you will be rewarded for it.
I actually like this much more than what I asked about. Rewarding player's for their level of participation is wonderful, and I feel you can take more active influence on showing what you're about than anything else. I dig iiiiit.

DaughterofAthena said:
It's funny how you talk about re-roll's as a player, because I keep recalling and revising my character. I think I rushed him originally, making a player that was totally realistic and enjoyable, but perhaps too bland and tasteless in terms of real motivation. That's what One Piece histories are about, forging true dreams and desires through life long ambition, role models and learned values.....I think he just needs more of that. Anyone agree? (Even though of course you can't really form an opinion on that whatsoever, sorry, you haven't even seen the sheet.)

[QUOTE="Elision of Ecritures]It's funny how you talk about re-roll's as a player, because I keep recalling and revising my character. I think I rushed him originally, making a player that was totally realistic and enjoyable, but perhaps too bland and tasteless in terms of real motivation. That's what One Piece histories are about, forging true dreams and desires through life long ambition, role models and learned values.....I think he just needs more of that. Anyone agree? (Even though of course you can't really form an opinion on that whatsoever, sorry, you haven't even seen the sheet.)

[/QUOTE]
I think you forgot that one piece histories are also forged through crippling emotional pain

Users who are viewing this thread

Back