• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom [OLD THREAD]Violet Meadows (Harvest Moon inspired RP) - OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I'm a little late, but my CS is now up and my character is ready! :) Super super excited for this!!

I like Zoey a lot! Also I love Tale of Two Towns, I love the design of the appearance you chose!

Thank you!! I'm hoping she fits in well with the other towns folk! I love that design too, there was a few that i had a hard time choosing between, but i feel like that was more fitting for the character!

Thank you!! I'm hoping she fits in well with the other towns folk! I love that design too, there was a few that i had a hard time choosing between, but i feel like that was more fitting for the character!
I think she will! I think the design fits well with the character too!

Finding an appearance that you like that you wanna stick with can be tough! I use gifs in my posts to express what my character is doing, so I’m always trying to find appearances that look like my character with enough gifs for whatever situation my character was in. That’s how I decided on Kaori from Your Lie in April.

I think she will! I think the design fits well with the character too!

Finding an appearance that you like that you wanna stick with can be tough! I use gifs in my posts to express what my character is doing, so I’m always trying to find appearances that look like my character with enough gifs for whatever situation my character was in. That’s how I decided on Kaori from Your Lie in April.
I normally use gifs for my posts as well, but I guess not this time, haha. I was between the one i used, and Gwen from Save the Homeland.

I normally use gifs for my posts as well, but I guess not this time, haha. I was between the one i used, and Gwen from Save the Homeland.
I love Gwen! I know her from Magical Melody, one of my favorite HM games!

I love Gwen! I know her from Magical Melody, one of my favorite HM games!
Save the homeland is def my favourite. Then animal parade. Though, i do love them all, even if they now have wizards and stuff in them.

Save the homeland is def my favourite. Then animal parade. Though, i do love them all, even if they now have wizards and stuff in them.
I think Magical Melody is my favorite followed by Tree of Tranquility, and then (Another)Wonderful Life. I do love all of them, too!

I think Magical Melody is my favorite followed by Tree of Tranquility, and then (Another)Wonderful Life. I do love all of them, too!

I never got to play magical melody, but it always looked really cool!

I never got to play magical melody, but it always looked really cool!
The art style was adorable and the concept was super cool. I go back to play it every once in a while. I have a save file that glitched or got corrupted somehow as I was shipping a flower (the system froze and I had to reset the system and I thought I lost everything) and when I turned the system and the game back on I had like 9 million G and a bunch of other stuff. It was wild.

My excitement for this totally rebooted my love for Harvest Moon type games. I started replaying Stardew Valley after I made Rhys and I forgot how relaxing and cool it is! Can't wait to start our version!

*Screams as he falls in*

heyyoo

*Screams as he falls in*

heyyoo
Hello!! How are you??

My excitement for this totally rebooted my love for Harvest Moon type games. I started replaying Stardew Valley after I made Rhys and I forgot how relaxing and cool it is! Can't wait to start our version!
Ugh right??? I’m planning on setting up my GameCube in our second bedroom to play magical melody again. I’m so stoked for our stuff too!

Hello!! How are you??

Ugh right??? I’m planning on setting up my GameCube in our second bedroom to play magical melody again. I’m so stoked for our stuff too!
got lost in the realm of friends, weekend was lost. working on cs now.

*Screams as he falls in*

heyyoo
Hey, welcome to the club!
Hello!! How are you??

Admittedly, I've only played a few Harvest Moons because I never had a gamecube or many of the other systems old Harvest Moon games were on, but I've always loved the concept! I've been kinda working backwards when it comes to playing the games, haha. I played Stardew first (and I'm not sure if I can claim it to be my favorite HM because its NOT a HM, lmao, but if I could I would totally). Then Animal Parade, which is my technical favorite, and then jumped back up to Story of Seasons and Lost Valley (which I don't like but shhh) and its been a real joy to play them!

got lost in the realm of friends, weekend was lost. working on cs now.
Ah I totally feel ya! Can’t wait to see it!

Hey, welcome to the club!

Admittedly, I've only played a few Harvest Moons because I never had a gamecube or many of the other systems old Harvest Moon games were on, but I've always loved the concept! I've been kinda working backwards when it comes to playing the games, haha. I played Stardew first (and I'm not sure if I can claim it to be my favorite HM because its NOT a HM, lmao, but if I could I would totally). Then Animal Parade, which is my technical favorite, and then jumped back up to Story of Seasons and Lost Valley (which I don't like but shhh) and its been a real joy to play them!
Yeah, that’s totally fair. I was lucky in that regard. I have my mom to thank for buying my first HM (I was meh about it at first, but my mom seemed excited so I was alright cool, but then fell in love with it, I was also like 7 lmao) so I started from the beginning with A Wonderful Life. I only ever had Nintendo systems so I was stuck playing the ones I could find for GameCube or wii, so I never knew of a few of them. I wanna get Animal Parade since I loved tree of tranquility so much, and I just recently got star dew valley so that’s new for me too.

Ah I totally feel ya! Can’t wait to see it!

Yeah, that’s totally fair. I was lucky in that regard. I have my mom to thank for buying my first HM (I was meh about it at first, but my mom seemed excited so I was alright cool, but then fell in love with it, I was also like 7 lmao) so I started from the beginning with A Wonderful Life. I only ever had Nintendo systems so I was stuck playing the ones I could find for GameCube or wii, so I never knew of a few of them. I wanna get Animal Parade since I loved tree of tranquility so much, and I just recently got star dew valley so that’s new for me too.
Oh yeah, I get that. I was kinda that way with Sims, in that my mom got it for me and I didn't like it at first but later fell in love with the series. I really recommend Animal Parade, its got such a charm to it that just made me fall in love from the first moment. But, I recommend Stardew even MORE, it's essentially all the best parts of Harvest Moon wrapped into one, plus more. I've sunk 130+ hours into it on PC and I have about 20 hours on switch, and honestly, it's my favorite game of all time. It's so cute and the pixel art style is really fun, plus there's multiplayer and the dev is still working on major game updates! I could go on and on about Stardew, lmao.

It’s interesting hearing you guys talking about how much you loved harvest moon as a kid when I never played it. Stardew Valley is kind of like a spiritual successor, right?

I've never played Stardew Valley but it definitely looks similar from what I know about it! I don't know if it has the same kind of lore with a Goddess and stuff but everything else feels very Harvest Moon.

Also I'm workin on my chef's CS! He should be ready soon =w=

Oh yeah, I get that. I was kinda that way with Sims, in that my mom got it for me and I didn't like it at first but later fell in love with the series. I really recommend Animal Parade, its got such a charm to it that just made me fall in love from the first moment. But, I recommend Stardew even MORE, it's essentially all the best parts of Harvest Moon wrapped into one, plus more. I've sunk 130+ hours into it on PC and I have about 20 hours on switch, and honestly, it's my favorite game of all time. It's so cute and the pixel art style is really fun, plus there's multiplayer and the dev is still working on major game updates! I could go on and on about Stardew, lmao.
My grandma was super into Sims. I wasn’t as much, building the house always was stressful to me. I love star dew valley and I have it on my switch, and I’ve been meaning to get back to it.

It’s interesting hearing you guys talking about how much you loved harvest moon as a kid when I never played it. Stardew Valley is kind of like a spiritual successor, right?
Yeah, pretty much. Bringing back the farming/life sim at least.
I've never played Stardew Valley but it definitely looks similar from what I know about it! I don't know if it has the same kind of lore with a Goddess and stuff but everything else feels very Harvest Moon.

Also I'm workin on my chef's CS! He should be ready soon =w=
Can’t wait to see him!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back