• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Of The Elements (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Not too certain yet how she would see the other elemental spirits. Maybe afraid of fire, not so much that fire provides warmth persay but that it can, in a way, create light.

I feel as though Light is very narrow-minded and stubborn. “This is the right way, this is my law. Light does not have to be good per-se, but whoever calls upon the light must believe they are just in their actions.”

Darkness would be more open-minded and chaotic. You can cheat or bend the rules to your objectives and can be very self serving. I feel like Darkness would even push people to put themself above the whole.

That’s just an outside perspective though, not my say of course.

Contrary, Light could not exist without the presence of Earth, Water, Air, and Fire. Fire produces light and warmth, water reflects light, crystals are part of earth and they also reflect light, air can disturb how light is perceived.
I can see how Fire and Light are tied together. Fire produces light and light carries the heat of fire. I suppose it could be said that Light could be tied to Earth and Air through Fire. Fire needs both Earth and Air to burn and continue to exist, and therefore produce light. Earth could depend on Air and Air could depend on Earth; in the sense of the atoms forming gas, gas forms dust, dust forms rocks, rocks forms planets. Water could be tied to Earth and Air. Air is tied to Water since water can evaporate into a gas, and join with the air.

So, all the spirits could be tied and related to each other, each existing because and dependent on each other.

Also, should one of the spirits be destroyed, then...

I feel as though Light is very narrow-minded and stubborn...
You mean orderly. ^_-

I can totally see how darkness could be seen as a descendant of the primordial chaos, chaotic and perhaps selfish. Darkness wouldn't really have any constraints except light and maybe fire working against her. I wonder if she would get along with earth because underground is naturally dark and unless you create light or fire, you need to adjust to the darkness of being underground. Does that make sense at all?

I can totally see how darkness could be seen as a descendant of the primordial chaos, chaotic and perhaps selfish. Darkness wouldn't really have any constraints except light and maybe fire working against her. I wonder if she would get along with earth because underground is naturally dark and unless you create light or fire, you need to adjust to the darkness of being underground. Does that make sense at all?
I think so.

I think the way I look at it is
Light = Order
Darkness = Chaos
As opposed to good or evil. In which case I could see Darkness and water getting along as water and storms are chaotic and unpredictable. Both light and dark have ways of bonding with elements I think as they each have both chaotic aspects and laws they abide by being part of nature.

Darkness wouldn't really have any constraints except light and maybe fire working against her. I wonder if she would get along with earth because underground is naturally dark and unless you create light or fire, you need to adjust to the darkness of being underground. Does that make sense at all?
Light would constraint Darkness quite a bit since darkness is entirely banished in the presence of light, except for shadows formed by physical bodies, formed by Earth. In that way, yeah, Darkness and Earth could have a close relationship. And night is but the shadow of Earth.

Oh yeah, I didn't think of how darkness could work with water.

True. It's why, I imagine, that light would be weak in darkness and darkness would be weak in light. Though light might be okay if they could somehow access moonlight and starlight.

Though light might be okay if they could somehow access moonlight and starlight.
That is how Kadelin can resist the worst of his weaknesses in absence of light, by accessing starlight and moonlight. But it can also show how Earth can work against Darkness as well; the moon reflecting light back onto the earth during the night.

That is how Kadelin can resist the worst of his weaknesses in absence of light, by accessing starlight and moonlight. But it can also show how Earth can work against Darkness as well; the moon reflecting light back onto the earth during the night.
I really like thinking about how environment is going to effect the power of the champion’s abilities. Playing a supporting character means these things are ways I can have Rasmus empower the champions.

I really like thinking about how environment is going to effect the power of the champion’s abilities. Playing a supporting character means these things are ways I can have Rasmus empower the champions.
Yeah, there are all manner of intricate combinations that can be explored.

Yeah, there are all manner of intricate combinations that can be explored.
Idk if anyone here plays or has played Magic the Gathering, but the way the elements are I feel match the colors from it and even the color combos open a world of how champions could join power.

Idk if anyone here plays or has played Magic the Gathering, but the way the elements are I feel match the colors from it and even the color combos open a world of how champions could join power.
I haven't but it sounds interesting.

Also, hehe, coming from the GM this probably sounds bad, but does anyone have any ideas? Have writer’s block currently and I can only think of unrelated stuff.

also, what do yall think of setting up a discord server? from my experience, the longest roleplays i've had lasted thanks to the easy ooc there ^-^ rpn ooc always felt a lil stifling since there was post cooldown + not so conducive to short responses (that said, please note that this is purely a suggestion like idk maybe no pressure fr)

also, what do yall think of setting up a discord server? from my experience, the longest roleplays i've had lasted thanks to the easy ooc there ^-^ rpn ooc always felt a lil stifling since there was post cooldown + not so conducive to short responses (that said, please note that this is purely a suggestion like idk maybe no pressure fr)
I don’t have a Discord, but that still seems like a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back