• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Of The Elements (Lore)

River Rose

RIP Avicii 1989-2018
‘Tis I, the absolute spirit of Fate, and the tales which I will tell to you are ones long forgotten by the creatures that once believed in me. A tale of souls forever intertwined, then a tale of mortal enemies. Ones of love, ones of hatred. Ones of destruction, ones of healing. One of hardship and being let down. But it is all to teach you. I, the absolute spirit of Fate, am the only one who can say this to you. Good luck champions.

It seems only fair that I begin with a personal favorite. A pair that formed the world together, one half with a heart crushed, the other.....we’ll get to that. But long long ago, Water and Earth created a planet. The planet which you are trying to save. They created mountains and rivers and so many beautiful things together. They were happy. They.....they were more than happy. And as I commanded it, they were meant to be. But there were things Earth and Water despised about their creation. The islands in the sea, only reached by traveling through water. The landlocked places where water could not reach. So they looked to each other with their hatred. The first earthquake came that day, as well as the first tsunami. I convinced them not to hate, but their distaste for the other’s creations stayed.

Luckily, it faded as time passed. Streams flow still, islands no longer sink. And that is why this story is my favorite. Short, sweet, and it tells of what could have been. Water’s champion, Earth’s champion, let this have no effect on how you view each other, but let it show you all that all entities are capable of change.

Hmm, I remember the good days. The older days. Orcs still hunted, elves still spoke to the woods, sirens didn’t lure sailors into the sea. It was a good time. A joyous time. I remember a boy, , he was a good human. A nice human. He believed in me, in all the spirits.
You know him as the One of Dark Woods now.

Last edited:
Long long ago, as all stories begin, there were cultures that believed in the spirits wholeheartedly. The elves communed with Earth, the dwarves made peace with Fire. The sirens were bonded to Water, the avians one with Air. The orcs resided with Darkness, and the skin walkers were companions to light. And then came the humans. By far the youngest species known, they did not act or think as the others did. In fact, they were so different that they formed a spirit all their own. Emotion. And by creating this one, they helped to build up a weak spirit. Time. In that long way ago, Time had been weak, but kind. She gave long lives to the creatures, but most did not understand her. The humans did. So she grew stronger. And I grew weaker. Soon, Time had enough power to overthrow me. She forced me to give up my power, under threat of killing all creatures. I relinquished it to her.
We would never have had war if not for Time. If she had remained weak, I wouldn’t have let any of this happen. But, here we are. In a twist of well, me, there can be terrible or enjoyable changes. And I say this, not for your pity, but for your understanding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back