• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Of The Elements (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

River Rose

RIP Avicii 1989-2018
~~Hello there~~

Welcome to the chat. Here we can ask questions, make conversation, talk about our characters. I am totally open to squealing and playing matchmaker, as well as sitting solemnly and speaking as if I run a business. Either way, I’m up for it. I’d prefer if this was a fun experience for everyone, so let’s keep within the site rules.

Also, this will be our place for:
-Complaints/constructive criticism
-Inspiration when writer’s block happens
-Talk of characters/dynamics/story progressions/anything related to the story

Okay, that’s all folks

hey-do! got me a couple questions, if that's alright.
> is there an established lore for orcs that i gotta follow or vanilla orcs + maybe a few ideas of mine to flesh it out a lil?
> emotion manipulation. to what extent is the oc allowed to go for this?

hey-do! got me a couple questions, if that's alright.
> is there an established lore for orcs that i gotta follow or vanilla orcs + maybe a few ideas of mine to flesh it out a lil?
> emotion manipulation. to what extent is the oc allowed to go for this?
Hey-yo I’m sure I have your answers
> My idea for orcs was that they were a savage yet culturally sophisticated race. Most commonly they are warriors, with some being more inclined to medicine than war. TheIr customs, traditionally, are based on survival and knowing the land. But with society becoming a bit more advanced (we’re talking medieval times here), some orcs have become civilized and integrated into society
> Emotion manipulation can go decently far, with proper training. It can be something simple like making someone laugh, or extreme as in making someone suicidal. It depends on what you want your character to be viewed as: a hero, a villain, or something else entirely

Some questions from me too if you don't mind:
1) What the heckfire is a skin walker? (more so the lore behind the race)
2) How far does elemental control go? Creation or manipulation of existing materials?
Thanks

Hi, can I ask what the general lore is for sirens in your universe? Also just two questions:
1. Are they like the mermaid/fish version, or the bird version? Or hybrids?
2. Do they attract by their voices or their beauty?

Some questions from me too if you don't mind:
1) What the heckfire is a skin walker? (more so the lore behind the race)
2) How far does elemental control go? Creation or manipulation of existing materials?
Thanks
I don’t mind at all
1) Skin walker basically means shapeshifter. They have to wear the skin of whatever they’re impersonating, or a clothing item of the being they turn in to.
2) It can go pretty far. Example: Water. You can create it from the droplets in the air, drain it from living things, or pull it from rivers and streams. Creating ice would be harder than making it rain.

Hi, can I ask what the general lore is for sirens in your universe? Also just two questions:
1. Are they like the mermaid/fish version, or the bird version? Or hybrids?
2. Do they attract by their voices or their beauty?
Alrighty then-
1. They are technically the mermaid/fish version. They grow legs on land automatically
2. They attract by their voices

A few questions:
~ Would our characters already know each other? Would we have grown up in some kind of academy? Or would be have been raised separately, in their own lands?
~ Would our characters know of their purpose? Would they understand how and why they got their powers, and how they are expected to use them?

A few questions:
~ Would our characters already know each other? Would we have grown up in some kind of academy? Or would be have been raised separately, in their own lands?
~ Would our characters know of their purpose? Would they understand how and why they got their powers, and how they are expected to use them?
A few answers:
~ It depends on the dynamics you want for the characters. Do you want them to be best buddies, rivals, indifferent, etc.?
~ Yes, they would know of their purpose. They would know they had powers, why they had powers, and that there were others. They would have been trained by the most skilled in their land/their community. They would not know what was expected of them until they faced their first threat.

The spirits and their respective (whatever you’d like to call it): Water- female, earth- male, air- female, fire- male, darkness- female, light- male, emotion- appears as different people (can be male, female, whatever their champion’s preference)

Hmmmmmm. Is there a neutral ground somewhere where nothing can happen between the clans they can meet? Maybe the children end up getting like dreams of someplace to meet and all head there? Kind of like how, in my intro, my girl got images of the different elements...well flashes but nothing really concrete?

Oh...Yuumi's idea is good too. A premonition of danger could cause them all to wind up somewhere or maybe combining the dream/premonition together into one thing? Perhaps a small thing (maybe an attack on a village or a traveling caravan or something) to 'test' their abilities and what they have learned so far?

Still writing my intro cuz I'm slow lol but maybe:
Premonition of danger and they all cluster at one spot to fight it?
Or they meet in pairs, travel together and eventually all meet up?
You know, I’m gonna go with the premonition of danger thing. And like scorpiodragon scorpiodragon said, it’ll probably be something small-yet-big like a village raid.

So far, this seems like an interesting rp with fascinating characters. Hoping it becomes long-term and our characters can grow throughout the role play's numerous adventures.

Hey guys, I haven't made a character yet, but I'm interested in being connected to one of the "main" characters (since the 7 elements are all taken). Is there anyone who would like to have a partner? Trainer? Sidekick? Comic relief? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back