• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy (OCxOC) Medieval High Magical Fantasy or Modern Supernatural Urban Shadows!

Eonivar

Looking for Hope and Inspiration
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello Everyone! You can call me Eonivar or Midian. I have written off and on on RPNation for a few years now and lately I have been feeling the creative urge to write a story with a good co-author and friend.

I am really itching to find someone to write with one of the following plots (or variations of the listed plots):
  • I have been itching to play a wizard of sorts, so my character will be a wielder of magic.
  • My idea is that our characters first meet as kids when my character's Master, the Archmage visits the King and Queen and their Princess on various matters. My character is the Archmage's apprentice. There are many visits over time. The Princess and the Apprentice strike up a friendship.
  • I would like to establish that the Kingdom has been at peace for over a century. One hundred years ago there was a war with a group of immortal elves and their various orc, troll, and goblin thralls. There were many human kingdoms that banded together with another group of elves and dwarves to fight against the threat. The war was costly to the good elves and dwarves, the dwarves faded into the mountains after the war, and the elves were so broken that they had also begun to fade. Several of the other human kingdoms were unified in a large religious Empire that borders the Princess' Kingdom. This Empire is dangerous, anti-magic, and human centric. The Empire will be trying to subtly take over the Princess' Kingdom and cause the troubles that will occur when the Princess and the Apprentice are older.
  • Due to the Empire's influence and bad experience with the war, elves and magic begin to be looked down upon. The Apprentice is half elven.
  • So the RP will have initial scenes with the Apprentice and Princess when they are younger and then there will be a time skip to when the Empire causes a civil war within the Kingdom, and the Princess will seek out her friend the Apprentice for aid in fighting the enemy who now has their own magic.
Like everything I am very flexible with this plot line and open to any other ideas we can do with this.

• I just finished a two shot of an Urban Shadows Second Edition Adventure where I built a wonderful vampire character named Aoife (Or Saint Aoife) in a fictional modern city called "New Babylon", I would like to build a plot using this wonderful character I played.
  • Being Urban Shadows, we can have other sorts of supernatural beings and humans involved in this setting from Werewolves, Fae, Oracles, Hunters, Demons, Angels, Aware, and Wizards. So the possiblities for other characters are wide open here.
  • Aoife is a 200 year old Vampire who was born in the colony of New Babylon and became a nun at the Church and Hospital there. Aoife met and fell and love with a mysterious woman named Nina Nakamura who happened to show up one night and would visit over the next ten years. This woman was a vampire. The city and her Church was threatened by a war and Aoife died protecting families there in the war. Nina could not bear Aoife's death and changed Aoife into a Vampire. Aoife rose in the middle of the battle and defeated the City's enemies. The Church viewed Aoife's rising and protection of the city as an act of God and Sainted Aoife, naming their Church and Hospital there Saint Aoife's. Aoife and Nina disappeared after the battle and wandered the world for another hundred years or so. But Aoife grew weary of the travelling and life of being hunted or attacked, and disillusioned with what she had become and left Nina one night. Aoife then wandered back home to New Babylon, when she was recognized by a hundred year old nun that she knew before she was turned. Aoife then eventually established ownership and many identities in the hospital, as well as set up many ghouls under her control in the hospital and church there and set up a hidden permanent residence in the Lighthouse on the Campus of the Hospital. She lives off the blood in the Hospital 's blood bank and does her best to protect the City in any way she can. There is a statue of Saint Aoife in the middle of the Hospital Campus.
  • I would love to tell a story of Aoife and another supernatural OC banding together to investigate mysteries and threats within the city. I am open for a bit of Romance for Aoife here as well.

Here are my usual requirements and writing details:

Co-author Requirements: I would prefer someone over the age of 18
Preferred Pairings: I am open to playing either male, female, or non-binary OCs, my preferred pairings are MxF, FxF, Non-binaryxF, Non-binaryxNon-binary
Cannon vs OC Characters: I am not one to play or portray canon or written characters as main characters, I am generally not comfortable with writing other authors' characters (although writing in a cameo here and there is not off the table). I prefer to make up my own characters and stories.
Romances?: I enjoy romance. I am a very 'Happily Ever After' person, which is not to say I would end something in sorrow or tragedy if the story is beautiful and meaningful in going that direction. Overall though I prefer happier endings, romance is nice, it can cause interesting conflicts in a story. Either way I am good with romances (slow burn is usually the best) or even just a platonic relationship.
Methods of RP: I generally like doing RP over PMs on RPNation. I do not mind discord, particularly for communication, but I prefer the editing options on RPN. I also do not mind google docs.
Writing Style: I am a detailed writer, and will on average write 2-6 paragraphs per entry, depending on the situation. I am pretty flexible though, i know not all responses are and can be rife with detail. 3rd person perspective is preferred.
Post Frequency: I am an older man,well above 21, have a family, and work full time, that being said I will communicate how often I can respond, I can usually respond at least once per day, there are days where I can respond a lot and others where I will not be able to respond at all. All in all, everything will be communicated accordingly. For reference on response time I am in the United States Eastern Time Zone.
OOG Talk: OOG talk is fun and encouraged, I am looking to not only find a co-author but make a wonderful friend.
Communication: I encourage communication, communication, communication; I would prefer you not to ghost, but I understand certain circumstances can make that unavoidable.
Safety Tools: Discussing boundaries is important! I use safety tools used in Table Top Role Playing for RP such as Lines and Veils, and Script Change.
I follow the rules and guidelines outlined in RPNation.
In addition, absolutely will
NOT have the following in my RPs Godmode-ing, Sexual Assault, kids in danger, pregnancy, able-ism, eye horror, and excessive gore.

If you have any questions or concerns on any of the above please let me know and I am happy to talk about them with you.

Please PM/DM me if you are interested in writing with me!
<Prays to the Goddess and Presses the enter key in hope to be able to write with someone special!>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back