• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Number Hunters (OOC Chat)

~Night Creatures~
~Gameplay mechanics attempt 1.0~
Phase 1: Each player draws 5 cards- Simple/traditional/done

Phase 2: Draw additional card to begin turn or save draw to increase next draw count- New twist

Phase 3: Summon Monster- Usually done by summoning a monster between levels 1-5 however here it shall be levels 10-5 = Twisting and Shouting (Jk) but seriously since 1 is usually a top ranked number in life and sports were using the same here. -Another twist on my version

Phase 3.2: Monsters of levels 10-5 vary in attack power and defense power however the higher your number the more likely it's points on both sides will be below 2000. Meaning of you have a level 9 monster- It's points will likely be under 1000 attack and defense power. Level 10 means likely under 500. But the effects could still be strong If used with some imagination and tactics. Because here you can chain the effects of a Lower level monster with another to create one powerful effect per duel. #Mightymouseeffect

Said effect may vary pending on combo and may have restrictions.

Phase 4: tribute summon; In order to summon a 3000 attack power monster who's level is 1-4 you must ensure the offerings equal the powerful monsters attack power if combined. (Ex: 1- 1500 + 1- 1500) or if they equal more then your required power offering, it could play as a boost to the power by the difference offered in tribute. - New Twist

(New update for ideas of Night Creatures gameplay: Experimenting notice)​

~Night Creatures~
~Gameplay mechanics attempt 1.0~
Phase 1: Each player draws 5 cards- Simple/traditional/done

Phase 2: Draw additional card to begin turn or save draw to increase next draw count- New twist

Phase 3: Summon Monster- Usually done by summoning a monster between levels 1-5 however here it shall be levels 10-5 = Twisting and Shouting (Jk) but seriously since 1 is usually a top ranked number in life and sports were using the same here. -Another twist on my version

Phase 3.2: Monsters of levels 10-5 vary in attack power and defense power however the higher your number the more likely it's points on both sides will be below 2000. Meaning of you have a level 9 monster- It's points will likely be under 1000 attack and defense power. Level 10 means likely under 500. But the effects could still be strong If used with some imagination and tactics. Because here you can chain the effects of a Lower level monster with another to create one powerful effect per duel. #Mightymouseeffect

Said effect may vary pending on combo and may have restrictions.

Phase 4: tribute summon; In order to summon a 3000 attack power monster who's level is 1-4 you must ensure the offerings equal the powerful monsters attack power if combined. (Ex: 1- 1500 + 1- 1500) or if they equal more then your required power offering, it could play as a boost to the power by the difference offered in tribute. - New Twist

(New update for ideas of Night Creatures gameplay: Experimenting notice)​
Time for some input, then.

PHASE 1: no comments, necessary for these types of games

PHASE 2: So I could skip drawing in exchange for being bale to draw more cards the next turn? If the rate is +1 draw per draw phase skipped, there's not much point to it. It'd need something like, say, after two turns of skipping you get an extra card, so on turn 3 you would draw four cards, giving you a +1 advantage. Could make things more interesting.

PHASE 3: So as opposed to most cards games where the higher leveled cards are more powerful, it's the inverse where lower leveled cards are the best. Could be confusing since not many games following this pattern, but I like. Ten levels may be a bit much, though.

PHASE 3-2: Is there any limit to how many monsters can be summoned? Are there conditions for monsters of varying levels that need to be met before they can be summoned?

PHASE 4: So the power of the sacrificed monsters has to match the power of the levels 4 to 1 monster you're trying to summon, and if they go over that monster gets a power boost. Nice. Though, if there's a limit on how many beasts can be summoned in a turn, it might make it difficult to get the strong things out if my opponent can just flood the field with level fives and kill my things before I can get the sacrifice off. I guess that's where #mightymouseeffect comes into play.

A few things to be hashed out still, but it's coming along nicely. I'd definitely play a round or ten.

Time for some input, then.

PHASE 1: no comments, necessary for these types of games

PHASE 2: So I could skip drawing in exchange for being bale to draw more cards the next turn? If the rate is +1 draw per draw phase skipped, there's not much point to it. It'd need something like, say, after two turns of skipping you get an extra card, so on turn 3 you would draw four cards, giving you a +1 advantage. Could make things more interesting.

PHASE 3: So as opposed to most cards games where the higher leveled cards are more powerful, it's the inverse where lower leveled cards are the best. Could be confusing since not many games following this pattern, but I like. Ten levels may be a bit much, though.

PHASE 3-2: Is there any limit to how many monsters can be summoned? Are there conditions for monsters of varying levels that need to be met before they can be summoned?

PHASE 4: So the power of the sacrificed monsters has to match the power of the levels 4 to 1 monster you're trying to summon, and if they go over that monster gets a power boost. Nice. Though, if there's a limit on how many beasts can be summoned in a turn, it might make it difficult to get the strong things out if my opponent can just flood the field with level fives and kill my things before I can get the sacrifice off. I guess that's where #mightymouseeffect comes into play.

A few things to be hashed out still, but it's coming along nicely. I'd definitely play a round or ten.
Phase 2: It's mostly used as a tactical maneuver. A simple question of (How much is your draw worth to you?) It can be used to your advantage later such as increasing your draw and doubling it like you said. TBH that was a feature I was contemplating. However it also means a risk/gamble for you at the same time, the other side of the coin. Because it means no new cards to play for X number of turns leaving you in a potential jam in the meantime.

Phase 3: Exactly. It's meant to counter the normal and add some new differences, allowing some originality opposed to copying the commonly used. It might be confusing but really it's just the reverse, so once that's understood it will be simple enough. Ten levels is the likely source but it's a experimental phase so who knows. (Just like duelist kingdom compared to battle city. The game changed quite a bit between the arcs.So this could be a change before the game or during pending ideas and etc)

Phase 3.2 : Definitely limited. It's meant to place more restrictions then could be done now days now Yugioh. 1 common summon of a level 8 up to 10 a turn. If you happen to have a card effect that has a special summon feature then you'd have a total of two per turn. But swarming in short time would prove difficult to pull off without some turns being used up in the process.

Such as swarming the field with 3 or more monsters in a single turn would be difficult to pull off, actually impossible at this stage of experimentation.

If your monster is between levels 8-9 will likely have the attack power of 1000 or less and level 10 monsters practically guarantees it will be 500 or less.

Levels 5-7 will be a range of 1100-2000 attacks points but will require a tribute. It will pend on the power and effectiveness of the monster I'm thinking. Looking to keep it matching up with the more powerful monsters 1-4. However it might just simply be fair enough to keep the tribute at 1 monster instead of matching attack power. (Experiment phase here)

End result though would be level 5-7 won't be free summons. Thus increasing difficulty in swarming the field with monsters to counter any opposing tribute strategy. Meanwhile spell cards will exist to boost defenses, increase points for defense and attack powers, negate attacks, etc.

Phase 4: Precisely. It's going to use attack powers matching up with your aimed tribute summon whos attack power will be 2100 or more. Instead of just using the yugioh method of sacrificing or the traditional way of the series, I am trying to further differentiate the two, while still differing from the old Duel masters game as well. Making this my attempt to do it.

I'm hoping to invoke more strategy use and importance then allowing easy summons for the more powerful monsters. While balancing it all too. This whole premise I've got so far is all experimental and could change, but it's a attempt to differ from predecessors of the genre. I'm trying to avoid the copy cat possibility the best I can.

Spells of different natures and field cards will come into play to help balance this out. I'm hoping anyway. Monsters won't be left defenless and without means to even the field after all. Though I'd say traps won't exist atleast not the card type anyway, making your own traps in the other form is still quite possible. If that makes sense.

Thanks! It's got plenty left to flesh out indeed. But it's a start of something different and experiment with for now. A foundation to build upon.

You know...if the level 1 is usually going to be powerful in Night Creatures then why don't you call the levels ranks to reflect 1 being powerful to avoid possible confusion from people more used to other card games? Just a thought.

Yeah, sorry guys. I'm feeling under the weather right now, so I'm not online as much at the moment.

But hooray! New people!

Yeah, sorry guys. I'm feeling under the weather right now, so I'm not online as much at the moment.

But hooray! New people!
Good luck with that. It always sucks to feel bad.

Yes, it's opened to join still. Always is. What are your questions?
I thought of a decent character, but his entire story is based on him using synchros, and a made up card being used (maybe once or twice.) but the card I thought of is REALLY op, so I want to post it's effect and see if it's allowed, but if it's not I can revise his story.

Good luck with that. It always sucks to feel bad.

I thought of a decent character, but his entire story is based on him using synchros, and a made up card being used (maybe once or twice.) but the card I thought of is REALLY op, so I want to post it's effect and see if it's allowed, but if it's not I can revise his story.

Heh. Thanks. Hope it passes soon.

Let me see this card?

That's a total bummer!

It is. Save me please-

I should also make people like co-GMs for when stuff like this happens and I can't be online a lot for being sick or whatever else. And things don't get held up.

It is. Save me please-

I should also make people like co-GMs for when stuff like this happens and I can't be online a lot for being sick or whatever else. And things don't get held up.
Oh that's a good idea too, just in case something happens and the Rp might need you or your Co Gms to step in and move it forward.

I was probably on a power trip when I thought this up, but here it is.

PSY-Framegod Rho Sigma Lambda
Level 10 Light Attribute
Psychic/Synchro/Fusion/Effect
"PSY-Framelord Omega" + "PSY-Framelord Zeta" + 3 "PSY-Frame" monsters
Can be special summoned (from your extra deck) by banishing the listed fusion materials. This summon counts as a fusion summon. Can be Synchro summoned by banishing 1 tuner monster + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters who's levels equal 30.
During either player's turn, when a card is activated, you can banish a card from your hand, field, deck, extra deck, or graveyard to banish the activated card, and if you do, you can negate the activated card's effect. You can only use this effect four times during either player's turn.
Once per turn, you can banish a card from your hand, field, deck, extra deck, or graveyard to select one card in your opponent's hand, graveyard, deck, extra deck, or on their field, and if it is the same type of card you banished, you can banish the selected card; if the selected card is facedown, flip it over (without activating a flip effect), and if it is the same type of card, banish it, but if it is not, return it to the position it was in.
Once per turn, you may pay 1000 lifepoints to special summon a banished monster from either player's banished pile to your side of the field, but it's Atk and Def and halved and it's effects are negated.
When a monster is banished, you can activate one of these effects:
·When a card is banished, you can make this card gain either 250 Atk or gain 350 Def. These values are added to this monsters original Atk and Def until the end of the current duel.
·When a card is banished, you may gain 500 lifepoints.
When this card is sent from the field to the graveyard, you lose the current match and/or duel.
3100 Atk / 2600 Def

As I said, probably really op.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back