• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Number Hunters (OOC Chat)

Heh. Thanks! I'm glad you think so. ^^

Ah, you can call me Kit if you want to. It's a nickname of mine actually. XD

Hooray! XD

I'm about finished with little Yasuo's character sheet for this little roleplay of mine too. And I can't wait to see what character you come up with. If you wish to join of course. No pressure if you don't want to.

I think I'll join actually! I like the idea of being a number hunter with a past and now out for his own reasons. I got a pic that's jogging my creative for ideas. I just used him with my Tiberius (Tibbs) CS in our other yugioh Rp.

I'm thinking in this Rp I might have him use two decks for a (Bastian inspired touch except four decks less) type deal. One a throwback water dragon formed deck and another that's a WIP at the moment.

Woohoo! Welcome to the Roleplay then friendo! By all means, feel free actually.

Oh? Right now, Yasuo only has one deck she uses. Which is a cat-themed deck, because she has a love for cats. Her first pet being a little feline actually. Though, I'm not sure how well the already timid preteen will be able to do with the cards. Do you think this deck is okay?

[3]Amazoness Tiger
[3]Soul Tiger
[2]Catnipped Kitty
[2]Rescue Cat
[3]Dark Cat With White Tail
[3]Crystal Beast Amethyst Cat
[2]Panther Warrior
[3]Neo-Spacian Dark Panther
[3]Crystal beast Topaz Tiger

[1]Scapegoat
[1]Lightning Vortex
[1]Hammer Shot
[2]The Big March of Animals
[2]Wild Nature's Release
[1]Heavy Storm
[1]Mystical Space Typhoon
[1]Monster Reborn
[1]Premature Burial

[1]Mirror Force
[1]Torrential Tribute
[1]Bottomless Trap Hole
[1]Solemn Judgement
[1]Divine Wrath
[2]Sakaretsu Armor

I haven't Yu-Gi-Ohed in so long. I think I've lost my touch. XD But if that's not a very good deck, then back to the deck-making board for me.

Ok cool.

Panther warrior brings back memories and so does some others in that deck. But it looks fine to me. ^^ I'd probably add a couple traps and spells but that's just me, I often relied on spells and traps in my day to keep my monsters safe, while wiping out my foes. So I hit heavy on certain favorites of spells and traps that came in handy for me. Least I did for my main two decks, others were experiments that varied on that stuff. Since I had friends who caught on or used the same method, I moved to experimenting with new tactics and different decks. Haha

But no, yours looks fine. I'm in the same boat actually, I haven't dueled seriously in years and my one time comeback a couple years back on duel network showed that rust. So haha this will be fun seeing where my deck creating skills and duel ability is now days.

Yeah, I'm thinking of going and adding a few more traps and spells to her deck. But that's what I've come up with so far for her. Unlike in the show, there's no 40 deck limit. I mean, seriously, with as long as those duels last and the cards never seeming to shrink unless the plot calls for it, seems a little fishy. XD

Saaame. I'm so rusty at this. The last time I dueled was on DuelingNetwork back in 2013. And I did so bad back then.

Yeah, I'm thinking of going and adding a few more traps and spells to her deck. But that's what I've come up with so far for her. Unlike in the show, there's no 40 deck limit. I mean, seriously, with as long as those duels last and the cards never seeming to shrink unless the plot calls for it, seems a little fishy. XD

Saaame. I'm so rusty at this. The last time I dueled was on DuelingNetwork back in 2013. And I did so bad back then.

Oh, I see. So far so good then. (: Yeah I never could understand how they made 40 work, my friends and I never stopped at 40 ourselves. Too difficult for us and didn't last long in duels with those deck wipe out strategies. But agreed haha

2013? Sounds like around the time I tried a comeback with a cloudian deck, I tried that also used the ojamas for support and to fill out a deck. It failed miserably against my opponents madoche deck (The dolls archetype deck) case I got the name wrong.

What about a cloudian deck with the water dragon deck? Seems like it could work well for a combined theme deck.

Same goes for me. I think I had like 60 or so cards in one of my decks from back in my grade school days of playing Yu-GI-Oh with friends. But thanks!

Yep. Four years ago. I met a lot of cool people online back then too. We'd take everyday and duel each other. Most of the time I won and somehow everyone started calling me "The Queen of Games" and I was over there snorting like, "Guys, no. I suck ass why would you even think that for one second?" But it was a lot of fun I gotta admit.

I hope dueling in this roleplay goes well enough. Little nervous about it to tell you the truth. See that normal? I think it is? I dunno?

Yep, sounds like my range for decks. But your welcome!

Sounds awesome. I joined duel network for another forums yugioh Rp we had and lost my opening duel which doubled as a comeback attempt. So I didn't meet too many folks but it was cool using a deck online that I couldn't construct in Rl. Since I didn't have all the cards for archetypes I wanted in rl.

But cool haha "The queen of games" nice title. Sounds like good times atleast and fun title earned through duel. ^^

I'm kinda looking forward to dueling again. But I'm getting that itch for looking to perfect my deck.... A good trait to give my character in your Rp and work that into why he has multiple decks? Hmm....

But I get the nerves, tough to tell how well it will work out until it's tried. Though I'm guessing it should go fine. You've done Rp dueling before and if it's kept in fun and perhaps storyline as well, it seems more then capable of succeeding.

I think I got my two decks worked out for my numbers hunter OC for this one. Almost completed a deck for Tibbs over on the other Rp case my dilemma and the solution is approved.

Gravekeepers deck and the Water dragon deck.

Whoa, really? That's super cool! How about we make the decks 60 for now and bump it up if we need to later? Does that seem fair?

That's super cool. I just joined for fun on DuelingNetwork. It was a blast to play with other people. I felt bad once I heard it was no longer around, but things happen, I suppose.

Heh. It was a really great title I guess? Still don't know how in the world that happened, but I'll take it anyway. It was fun being the Queen of Games for a little while.

I've only duel writing out dueling once. It was for a RP on Tumblr with a friend of mine. I had go to and look of a million cards to remember what they did and how to counter. It was a mess, but fun at the same time. Too bad I lost. RIP that RP. But I hope I can make duels in this RP interesting. But I have doubts.

But I love your OC. He's super cool and I love how you call him JK. Like I find it funny for some reason. No offence or nothing like that of course! I also like how Yasuo is so young, being ten. RIP smol child. Maybe I should make her older...

Yeah. Sounds good that's actually the exact number of cards in my Water dragon deck. Just finalized it. But yep, seems fair to me. ^^

I never heard of DN until that Rp or use online dueling before , but it was fun while it lasted and it shocked me when I found out recently. But cool, the fun of that place is always a good reason to join it.

Haha yeah, it was a good one and sounds like well earned with that win streak.

Yeah, the card effects do sound like the hardest part, it could be challenging, but worth a shot. Plus the number of duels or potential work arounds may help that process of doing duels within the Rp. I think anyway, it's been awhile since last doing a yugioh Rp or dueling in general but sounds like a good opportunity for fun.

Oh, Thanks! I was thinking of calling "Joker Z" but decided to use that for a old nickname or title type deal during his thug kings days. I ended up with that name and JK to provide a real name and a shortened one for a nice sound to his character. But thanks ^^

Oh and no offense taken, I get what you mean. The fact I was going to call him Joker Z and still will make use of that, is kinda funny to me in another way. Irony perhaps.

She's a cool character, each yugioh I recall had those younger characters, so I believe she'll fit great in this one. A nice blend of ages, older and younger duelists in one plot.

Great! I'm glad it does. I was worried there for a second or two.

I don't really remember how in the world I stumbled across DN. It's been a long time man. A very long time indeed.

Haha. I suppose so? Don't think I really have what it takes to be the "Queen of Games" but I'll go with it anyway.

No problem! JK to mean sounds like you'd say when you mean "Just Kidding" which made me snort with laughter, not gonna lie.

Aw, thanks! I'm glad you like Yasuo. That's very true. I think the youngest was in Duel Monsters being what, eight? So it all works out in the end! Feel free to reply to the RP since your character's approved!

Great! I'm glad it does. I was worried there for a second or two.

I don't really remember how in the world I stumbled across DN. It's been a long time man. A very long time indeed.

Haha. I suppose so? Don't think I really have what it takes to be the "Queen of Games" but I'll go with it anyway.

No problem! JK to mean sounds like you'd say when you mean "Just Kidding" which made me snort with laughter, not gonna lie.

Aw, thanks! I'm glad you like Yasuo. That's very true. I think the youngest was in Duel Monsters being what, eight? So it all works out in the end! Feel free to reply to the RP since your character's approved!
Awesome!

It has been a long time indeed since those days for us both.

Haha oh yeah that'd be pretty funny! Well a good snort of laughter is always good.

Your welcome! I believe your right. It's been a long time but they had some really young characters (which are common in Anime/Manga I see) in duel monsters. Those twins in Five D's looked about ten or so and Mokuba was young too though sadly he never had his own deck and dueled. Would have been interesting to see back then.

But I've replied! Just now actually I threw in some hints of his past with the thug kings and one of his reasons for why he works solo now days.

Hooray!

Indeed it has. I miss those days. I truly do.

That's very true. I believe the twins in 5Ds were 12? I could be wrong. I haven't watched the show in years. XD

So I see! And I replied as well! The being that Galaxi senses would be JK. Just letting you know. Hopefully he and Yasuo can become friends. That would be super great!

Hooray!

Indeed it has. I miss those days. I truly do.

That's very true. I believe the twins in 5Ds were 12? I could be wrong. I haven't watched the show in years. XD

So I see! And I replied as well! The being that Galaxi senses would be JK. Just letting you know. Hopefully he and Yasuo can become friends. That would be super great!

It's odd.... by the time I started seeing 5D's and knowing it existed plus getting back into yugioh for the however many times it had been. It was showing episodes that went from one season to I believe near the end or some deal, so while I remember those characters and can remember deck types for them and other mains, I'm not sure if I ever got their names or anyone's besides Crow, Yusei and Jack. Though I liked the woman's deck and character best with her Rose thorn dragon. But haha yeah it seems like 12 or younger with them, that Morphotronic deck of the boys was cool though.

Ok cool. I thought it was but i could have been wrong since it could have been some number hunters being introduced into the plot or something. But cool.

I think it's possible, he's no longer a thug king so his persona has softened a bit, plus he's got motive to join up with others as that could see his goal furthered and achieved sooner or with greater effect. But yeah, I'm not against it. ^^ He's still got a rough exterior but not all bad.

What got me back into Yu-Gi-Oh believe it or not, was Zexal. One of my friends suggested it to me and I started to watch it and proof. Back into this fandom I came. Have you heard about the new Yu-Gi-Oh series coming out in May? Not sure what to think about it to be honest.

Considering how it's just us right now? It would make sense for Galaxi to sense Joel's Numbers. Until more people join us. Which, I hope people do. That would be a lot more fun with a huge group, but I'm not complaining if it's just us. We can manage.

A challenge it seems Yasuo would have to crack that rough exterior, but I think she could do it. If anything, I could see the two of them having like a big brother/little sister sort of relationship. I would say let's ship, because I'm a shipping nerd and love to ship characters, but a ten and sixteen year old is a little weird, even if it's only a six year gap.

What got me back into Yu-Gi-Oh believe it or not, was Zexal. One of my friends suggested it to me and I started to watch it and proof. Back into this fandom I came. Have you heard about the new Yu-Gi-Oh series coming out in May? Not sure what to think about it to be honest.

Considering how it's just us right now? It would make sense for Galaxi to sense Joel's Numbers. Until more people join us. Which, I hope people do. That would be a lot more fun with a huge group, but I'm not complaining if it's just us. We can manage.

A challenge it seems Yasuo would have to crack that rough exterior, but I think she could do it. If anything, I could see the two of them having like a big brother/little sister sort of relationship. I would say let's ship, because I'm a shipping nerd and love to ship characters, but a ten and sixteen year old is a little weird, even if it's only a six year gap.

That's awesome! Zexal I didn't get to see much of since schedules and timing, etc never got far before it ended and then a hiatus before I heard of the next. But that's awesome of how you got back into it! Once GX ended I was bummed out and didn't care for how it ended. So didn't think it would draw me back in. But still the old school and curious of the new stuff, I've been somewhat keeping up and seeing what's coming for the series.

There is a new one coming out in may?! I had no clue. Now I'm curious of what it will be like. ^^

Yeah it does make sense. I'm cool either way, a group would be fun but if that doesn't work out I'm still cool with us rping. (: I could tag some folk from the first yugioh Rp I joined his month that didnt make it. (Not the Arc v one. But one before that) See of any join us from the tag. But I'm cool either way as well.

I think so, I don't see Joel being a jerk to her since he has no reason and doesn't have a mean streak exactly, least not toward the younger duelists. Actually I was seeing that same relationship potential, A big bro/little sis type of relationship.

I've got no issue with shipping. But I'd agree this one would be weird with him being a sixteen year old and Yasuo being ten. The gap in age isn't a big deal difference but the ages of them brings a weird element to it.

I remember I watched a lot of GX once that came out. Watched way too much of that. When 5D's came out, I watched a little bit of it before I stopped. Then Zexal happened and now I'm back in the fandom. XD

Yep! The duels are going to be held in some sort of digital world-themed thing, I think? A little weird, but I'm sure it'll be interesting. I hope anyway.

If that's what you wish to do, you're more than welcomed to tag some people to see if they wish to join us in this roleplay. If they don't, that's fine too. We can manage. I can add in some other Hunters from the Thugs, some from the government, and stuff like that when needed. So it's not that big of a deal if it's just us. A group would be nice, but I'm not against just one-on-one with you.

Yeah. It's not so bad considering the not very large age gap, but it would be rather weird to anyone that would see it. I think a big bro/little sis relationship would fit better with Joel and Yasuo. And I mean, I don't think he'd be a jerk to her either. I mean, how could you be so cruel to such a shy and timid child like she is? XD

Same here, I pretty much watched a handful of shows back then with little else for diversity. Wrestling, sports, Pokémon and yugioh some favored mysteries like monk and psych of which both are favorites of mine. Castle too though I think GX was over by then. But a lot of GX.

5 D's and Zexal by the time I caught wind of them, the seasons were about over on TV plus didn't always have the channel for them. Saturday mornings on cW was one of the rare opportunities to see it.

Really? Hmm... A curious thing. I'm interested in seeing it and giving it a shot. But same here, I hope it will turn out good.

Sounds cool for your plans on what can be done when needed. I'll tag some names I can recall and see what's up.

A Bro/Sis type deal sounds cool.

Haha true. I'm not sure who would be a jerk to someone of her age and shyness. But I know JK wouldn't be, despite how his past and rough exterior would assume from him. He's got limits.

Pokemon was another huge show I grew up watching. I still watch it to this day. The same can be said for Digimon too. I still watch that. Good shows, good shows they were and still are. At least I think so anyway.

I mostly watched them on CW25 whenever they were on back in the day. I really miss those times. I wonder if they're still on or if they show Arc-V now? Who really knows for sure.

I hope it'll be good. The dueling in a digital world seems like a pretty cool idea. But that can also be really dangers for the Duel Monsters might be more real and could do some serious damage to a player. Look at me already coming up with dark-themed things for this new Yu-Gi-Oh show. XD

Rightyo! I hope they join us, but if they don't wish to, that's perfectly understandable and fine. I'll just add characters when the plot calls for it and go from there.

Indeed. Thus that is what Joel and Yasuo will have.

That's good. That'll make the kid feel more at ease knowing that he's not going to be mean to her. After all, Galaxi had warned her about people coming after her to get the Numbers she already has, so it puts her on edge. Which is understandable. So having a fellow Hunter that's a friend would help out a ton.

Also, hello people that were recently tagged! I hope you'll join us in this wonderful adventure of ours. But if you don't wish to, that's cool too. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back